Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 74 reply threads

• Author

• Hayseed

Participant

Deal breaker as in super pissed, not relinquishing your fandom. Obviously, we're not going QB, so we'll toss those out. Realistic 1st or 2nd round rated guys, please. For me, it would be any of the Clemson defenders. Sorry, I just can't get past the stereotype. Have there been any successful Clemson defenders in the NFL in recent years?

Please wait…

Any hopes of a Packer comeback died amidst a crimson wave of destruction.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Okay, DEs from Ohio State who attend Raves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am not a big VH III guy. I guess I could live with the pick, but I hope they pass on him. It seems like 90% of the mocks I see, have him penciled in at #9.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nkemdiche. No way, no how, n-o.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rankins. At least at 9. If we trade down to 14-16 and get him I’m fine with him

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would not be a happy camper if we drafted Sheldon Rankins, or any DT, at #9. Would be a complete waste of a pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any corner not named Ramsey….who is a FS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There isn’t a DT worth a top ten pick in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs need a defensive end. So really that’s the wagon I’m hitching my ponies to. Bosa, Noah…just someone to hit their QB!No to corner. Build from the trenches out. Simple. Rankins would be a disappointment. Pressure needs to come from the edge...they blow plays up quicker, naturally.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

RankinsLawson

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any of the CBs, we seem to have depth for 2016, Banks & Verner are both young and should be ok for years to come, plus why would you draft a 5’10” corner in a division with Jones & Benjamin?I'd be happy (to varying degrees) with any top prospect at #9 as long as it's not a QB, RB or CB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The one pick that I wouldn’t like is Staley at 9.. Wouldn’t be a horrible but I wouldn’t like it. And if we double on OL in the second that would also piss me off

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF Myles Jack or Jalen Ramsey are still on the board, then drafting anyone else but one of those guys is a deal breaker to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any DE from Clemson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nkemdiche. No way, no how, n-o.

this is the only true deal breaker for meid be pissed if we took Rankins but id lose my sh*t if we took that idiot Nkemdiche

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rankins. At least at 9. If we trade down to 14-16 and get him I'm fine with him

I've always had trouble with this line of thinking.....he's not a good pick at 9 but would be good 5-6 picks later?If he's the beast that some suspect, why does it matter where you take him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll be happy with Nkemdechi. We could use that kind of crazy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any DE from Clemson.

Just out of curiousity..... do you really mean that? I mean, would you rule out a player simply because of past bad luck at that position from that school (Bowers, Gaines Adams)?Personally I think that's nuts and not a reason to take or not take a player at all but I do hear some fans insisting it's a legitimate concern.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll be happy with Nkemdechi. We could use that kind of crazy.

he reminds me of a child of Aqib Talib and Tanard jackson off the fieldno thankscant make plays when youre perpetually suspended

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he reminds me of a child of Aqib Talib and Tanard jackson off the fieldno thankscant make plays when youre perpetually suspended

Because he smoked synthetic weed? You would be against Chandler Jones too? Tyrann Mathieu?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. He's a beast.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because he smoked synthetic weed? You would be against Chandler Jones too? Tyrann Mathieu?

have you followed his whole career? he has made a lot of suspect decisions over the yearsit takes quite a lot to get a star player suspended so id be willing to bet the weed thing isnt an isolated incidenthell a picture came out of him doing a big ass bong rip in college and nothing ever happened. combine that with his inconsistency as a player. he fails to make plays despite incredible physical giftshe seems like the kind of guy where the sky is the limit if he wants it and im concerned that he doesnt want it. coupled with reports that he wants to be a celebrity, he has an offputting personality, and hes didnt seem interested in the Combine interviewshe seems like an immense waste of talent and i dont want to waste a top 10 pick on him. 3rd round pick sure id roll the dice but not at #9

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it’s not just smoking weed w/Robert Nkemdiche.  He’s got maturity issues abound.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rankins. At least at 9. If we trade down to 14-16 and get him I'm fine with him

I've always had trouble with this line of thinking.....he's not a good pick at 9 but would be good 5-6 picks later?If he's the beast that some suspect, why does it matter where you take him?

I've always had the same issue with this. In some the re-mocks of last years draft, Kwon is rated as a low first round pick, however if some team had chosen him in the first round last year, they would have been crucified for the pick.I don't trust rankings and I don't trust the so-called analysts. I see Rankins rated at the bottom of the first round, but I wouldn't care a bit if we picked him at #9 if the Bucs felt that he was their best player available on their board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I expect the worst and hope for the best (Jack)…my enthusiasm would be severely impacted if he was on the board and Bucs passed on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not really a fan of taking a DT this year, and I dont think we need to use top 10 pick on a corner besides im not sure Hargreaves is a corner worthy of a top 10 pick anyway. So those 2 things would upset me a bit. And then if we took Treadwell Id be pretty bummed. If we surprise and take a WR I hope they realize Coleman is much better fit for us than Treadwell

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

If we draft Bosa, I will know that Licht has no idea what he is doing.  That would piss me off.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am not a big VH III guy. I guess I could live with the pick, but I hope they pass on him. It seems like 90% of the mocks I see, have him penciled in at #9.

Agree. Don't see the infatuation with the guy. Good player yes but I don't see him as an all pro that is worth the pick at 9. Plus I think we are ok at corner. I would rather get some guy who is going to make a difference this season.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Agree. Don't see the infatuation with the guy. Good player yes but I don't see him as an all pro that is worth the pick at 9. Plus I think we are ok at corner. I would rather get some guy who is going to make a difference this season.

The problem with this draft is the top of it is weak as hell.  Bosa was the #1 pick in the draft according to some, just a month or so ago.  Let that rattle around in your head for a minute.  Dude is garbage.  "Yeah, I thought I would run closer to a 4.6........" turns in a 4.85......... On what planet did you think you were that much faster??  Myles, Ramsey, Buckner and Spence are top tier talent.  All the rest can be put in a lottery bowl and mixed around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The recent FA signings were made in part so the Buccaneers can pick the BPA on their board and THAT is all I care about. No reaches, no “needs” just the best player on their board be it LT, DE, DT, CB, S wherever.IMO this team is being built for the long term but also wo win now, a nice blend of experience and youth with a core of young players. All good!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

have you followed his whole career? he has made a lot of suspect decisions over the yearsit takes quite a lot to get a star player suspended so id be willing to bet the weed thing isnt an isolated incidenthell a picture came out of him doing a big ass bong rip in college and nothing ever happened. combine that with his inconsistency as a player. he fails to make plays despite incredible physical giftshe seems like the kind of guy where the sky is the limit if he wants it and im concerned that he doesnt want it. coupled with reports that he wants to be a celebrity, he has an offputting personality, and hes didnt seem interested in the Combine interviewshe seems like an immense waste of talent and i dont want to waste a top 10 pick on him. 3rd round pick sure id roll the dice but not at #9

Exactly and to that I would add he has ZERO accountability. Liar. Blames media for his issues. He’s got Marcus Dupree and Ryan Leaf written all over him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At No.9 there are quite a few top prospects who I don’t like but they are not deal breakers because they are good players just not my favorites. Hargreaves is one who I dont love but would be ok with.Deal Breakers Sheldon RankinsCorey Coleman.Robert NkemdicheShaq Lawson I like Lawson but he is from Clemson and has a bum shoulder. Pass.Nkemdiche is probably bi-polar. PassRankins has no good film. PassColeman is an explosive playmaker but lacks ideal size, catches with his body and is a terrible blocker. Pass

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Deal Breaker for me would be Noah Spence, Leonard Floyd or any DE from Clemson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What about Ogbah? You seem to dislike pass rushers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DeFo or Nkemdiche

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

I dont dislike them, I just don't think any are worth a top 10 pick besides Buckner or Bosa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be disappointed with a CB, WR or RB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd be disappointed with a CB, WR or RB.

So you’re taking the opposite stance of the previous poster. You’re demanding line help. Should be a fun draft day.

Please wait…

• rillbaxter

Participant

I too would be disappointed with a WR or CB.  I want an all-Lane Bryant draft, just a crew of big uglies getting on that stage and shaking Goodell’s hand.  Protection for Winston, and headaches for Cam, Ryan, and Brees.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I too would be disappointed with a WR or CB.  I want an all-Lane Bryant draft, just a crew of big uglies getting on that stage and shaking Goodell's hand.  Protection for Winston, and headaches for Cam, Ryan, and Brees.

Lol agreedAnd Garv, as far as not wanting Clemson defenders, first there may be legitamate concerns with their strength and conditioning approach- I recently read an article where they compared conditioning approaches for different programs and used Stanford as an example, who prioritize flexible strength and movement, not just raw lifting - they had a COMBINED 4 games missed by starters.  There might be something there.  Also, Clemson has produced exactly one good-to-great defensive player in the past 20 years, and that was Brian Dawkins, who was drafted exactly 20 years ago

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would like to see Buckner be the pick if he’s there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I too would be disappointed with a WR or CB.  I want an all-Lane Bryant draft, just a crew of big uglies getting on that stage and shaking Goodell's hand.  Protection for Winston, and headaches for Cam, Ryan, and Brees.

Lol agreedAnd Garv, as far as not wanting Clemson defenders, first there may be legitamate concerns with their strength and conditioning approach- I recently read an article where they compared conditioning approaches for different programs and used Stanford as an example, who prioritize flexible strength and movement, not just raw lifting - they had a COMBINED 4 games missed by starters.  There might be something there.  Also, Clemson has produced exactly one good-to-great defensive player in the past 20 years, and that was Brian Dawkins, who was drafted exactly 20 years ago

Not to take away from your overall point but Trevor Pryce was pretty good with a few All Pro years & had a 4 or 5 year run of consecutive Pro Bowls (not that they are a true measuring stick) and he was taken a year or 2 after Dawkins IIRC

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not to take away from your overall point but Trevor Pryce was pretty good with a few All Pro years & had a 4 or 5 year run of consecutive Pro Bowls (not that they are a true measuring stick) and he was taken a year or 2 after Dawkins IIRC

Good catch- checked again, drafted in 97

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF Myles Jack or Jalen Ramsey are still on the board, then drafting anyone else but one of those guys is a deal breaker to me.

This.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm with you on Floyd. I don't see him as much of a pass rusher at all...I wouldn't be wild about a DT but I'd get over it. I wouldn't like Treadwell as I see him as being just another big, slow target which doesn't add a new element to our team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm with you on Floyd. I don't see him as much of a pass rusher at all...I wouldn't be wild about a DT but I'd get over it. I wouldn't like Treadwell as I see him as being just another big, slow target which doesn't add a new element to our team.

Disagree halfway on Floyd; I think he can rush the passer but that may be all he can do. 244 pounds is light, too light. Totally agree on DT and Treadwell. If we get a wideout it needs to be a Desean Jackson type not a clone of what we already have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This made me laugh, and I agree.  If our top 3 picks can't bottom out a Camry I will be disappointed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it's not just smoking weed w/Robert Nkemdiche.  He's got maturity issues abound.

I think that dude is going to come on strong and flame out quickly.  A Mike Williams type of situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don’t draft a DT period UNLESS he is a game-breaker within the top 10. I don’t give a shit if we didn’t have Gerald McCoy on the roster, it’s still a no. The thing is, the inside play of our DL was actually one of the positives of the defense. We just had nothing to offer on the outside. However, that doesn’t mean I’m not up for improving the DL there. Its just gotta be the right player to play within the scheme. With that said…Any DT would piss me off at pick 9. I don't see anybody that would be a good fit next to McCoy who is worth a top 10 selection. A'Shawn Robinson is a great DT prospect to have next to GMC but again I'm not sure if he has "it". I don't see the Dareus comparisons - doesn't offer pass rush ability like him but he will clog lanes and shed blocks. He has Star Lout type of skill though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would never draft a player with effort issues. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/2/26/11121262/2016-nfl-draft-robert-nkemdiche-laremy-tunsil-hotel-fall-incidentHe also addressed concerns that he lacked effort on the field and was inconsistent, admitting that there were times he "didn't finish," and that he was "lazy."I would have thought Janoris Jenkins was a bad free agent signing regardless, but once I saw that he admitted to being lazy, I would have really been disappointed in it.EDIT: Never draft early, I mean. I'd take flyers on first round talents in later rounds or cheap free agents in the hopes of coaching up/improving effort, but I wouldn't expect it to be successful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any corner not named Ramsey....who is a FS.

If he's there at #9, you HAVE to take Jalen Ramsey! If those other 8 teams are dumb enough to pass on him....so be it. Somebody start the failed drug test rumors like McKay did with Sapp, so he'd drop to us @ #12 back in '95.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hoping the first 2 picks are DE and DT, in either order.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I expect the worst and hope for the best (Jack)...my enthusiasm would be severely impacted if he was on the board and Bucs passed on him.

Prepared to get your heart broken...The Bucs aren't using a 1st rounder on another OLB...They may take a swing at Jaylon Smith if he's still there in the 3rd....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I expect the worst and hope for the best (Jack)...my enthusiasm would be severely impacted if he was on the board and Bucs passed on him.

Prepared to get your heart broken...The Bucs aren't using a 1st rounder on another OLB...They may take a swing at Jaylon Smith if he's still there in the 3rd....

I highly doubt that Jack gets past 5 so the Bucs won't have that decision to make.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I highly doubt that Jack gets past 5 so the Bucs won't have that decision to make.

I don't think him making to the 9th makes a difference anyways, it would be a foolish pick...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, but these Clemson guys have been coached by different guys. You might as well say that the color orange is the problem. And there have been plenty of good ones, just not an elite one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My deal breaker is Nkemdiche (at 9, maybe in the 30s too) but I’m having trouble with this “not worth the top 10” generally. Top 10 is relative. Some years, there are 10 or more elite players. This year, I'm seeing very few. Sometimes you just need to hit a double. The good news is I think you can hit multiple doubles in this draft. Just not many home-runs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My deal breaker is Hargreaves @9 or any linebacker prospect…DT or DE baby!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, but these Clemson guys have been coached by different guys. You might as well say that the color orange is the problem. And there have been plenty of good ones, just not an elite one.

Clemson has had the same strength and conditioning coach for the past 20 yearshttp://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205529956

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont dislike them, I just don't think any are worth a top 10 pick besides Buckner or Bosa.

Ok, I have to ask.  Why are you against Spence, who is a better pass rusher than Buckner? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok, I have to ask.  Why are you against Spence, who is a better pass rusher than Buckner?

Off the field issues extended beyond Ohio State to EK. Too high of a risk.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

just asked in another thread, but what issues? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

just asked in another thread, but what issues?

Public drunkeness and disturbing the peace, I think. He was smart enough to get trashed and break his bottle on the road and get caught doing it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OMG…it’s Greg Hardy 2.0!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you are already on your second chance after getting kicked out of school for X, it’s not a good look.  His “best behavior” included drunken escapades that result in law enforcement interaction. Boys will be boys tho. I’d snap him up in a second with our #2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Public drunkeness and disturbing the peace, I think. He was smart enough to get trashed and break his bottle on the road and get caught doing it.

that was one event.  Being drunk and threw a bottle at a trashcan?  I sorry, but if that’s what a college kid is getting in trouble for? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Same here. Pass pass pass pass pass.Deal breaker for me....anyone less than 250 lbs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that was one event.  Being drunk and threw a bottle at a trashcan?  I sorry, but if that's what a college kid is getting in trouble for?

"I then observed [Spence] throw a glass bottle into the street, breaking it across the roadway," the arresting officer stated in the citation obtained by the Register. "On contact, he admitted to throwing it and advised it was a stupid thing to do."It was one that a police officer was present to witness. I didn't get caught ever, for anything, so I must have been a model college student........Again, on his best behavior second chance. It's not huge, but it's not nothing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it doesn’t make Spence a bad person, but it was a pretty egregiously dumb thing to do in his position.  Which just makes the interviews particularly important.  In turn, if there’s truth that he bombed his interviews – I just don’t have a great feeling about him.  Oh, and it doesn't help that I *don't* see him as an exceptional prospect in his own right.  I'm not saying he's terrible, just not exceptional.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess we have different expectations.  I wouldn’t expect the guy to quit drinking the rest of his life.  A violent act, a gun charge, a positive drug test, failing grades – those things I’d worry about.I do agree it's not huge, I do agree it's still an incident.  I have no idea on him as a person, on his drive.  So it's whatever to me.  I just have not heard of multiple incidents at EKU.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who indicated multiple incidents at EKU?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or expected him to quit drinking for the rest of his life?  I expect him to not put himself in a position to get arrested.  And if he screwed up in that regard, I’d expect him to be able to put team’s minds at ease during the interview process.  IF there’s truth that he interviewed poorly (and who knows for certain), that’s a bigger issue for me than the arrest itself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who indicated multiple incidents at EKU?

jersybucsfan did, in another thread.  Still waiting to hear back about it.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

I love Ramsey but Elliott is the only sure fire star in this draft in my opinion.  I think Alexander from Clemson is pretty close to a sure thing as well but Ezekiel is a great great runner.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If this is the only incident then it is nothing. He did not fail a drug test. That is the main issue. Throwing a beer bottle at a garbage can? That is college kid stuff. Makes zero difference in the scheme of things.If you disqualified every college kid who has thrown a beer bottle there wouldn't be anyone left to draft.

Please wait…

Viewing 74 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.