Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 138 reply threads

• Author

• carrollwoodbucsfan

Participant

We have gone defensive minded last 3 coaches and it has not worked, don’t think we go the college route, Jon gruden- won't happen with the way glazers fired himBill cowher- won't come here and don't really want himJosh mcdaniels- seems like best option right nowMaybe colts fire their coach but don't really want him either

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My list would be:1) Josh McDaniels (Pats)2) Frank Reich (Chargers)3) Pep Hamilton (Colts)4) Teryl Austin (Lions)5) Tom Cable (Seahawks)6) Hue Jackson (Bengals)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My list would be:1) Josh McDaniels (Pats)2) Frank Reich (Chargers)3) Pep Hamilton (Colts)4) Teryl Austin (Lions)5) Tom Cable (Seahawks)6) Hue Jackson (Bengals)

Ya I think McDaniels deserves a look, although he also scares me a little bit. We need a progressive offensive mind IMO. No more ultra conservative football. Somebody that will take a shot at the endzone with 6 seconds left in the half and two good receivers. Instead of sending out an inept field goal kicker to miss. That is not playing to win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Id also look at Greg Schiano again if he was willing. Not sure he would be, not sure I blame him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Id also look at Greg Schiano again if he was willing. Not sure he would be, not sure I blame him.

I wouldn't consider Schiano if the only options were him and my 8-year old nephew.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not really opposed to your top 2... not really in favor of your next 4.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think any list without Koetter is incomplete...Koetter deserves a shot and it would bring SOME stability for Winston and the rest of the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think any list without Koetter is incomplete...Koetter deserves a shot and it would bring SOME stability for Winston and the rest of the team.

I'm not convinced Koetter is anything special.  This offense looks worse this year than last year.  We'll see come January.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Lovie is here for one more year unless we lose every game from here on out. Aren’t the Glazers still paying Schiano this year and next year? If that is the case then I can’t see them having 3 head coaches on the payroll next year.Just for fun though I do think McDaniels deserves a serious look. Some other candidates are Ben McAdoo, Darrell Bevell, and Hue Jackson. Not really familiar with many candidates as of right now.And possibly Koetter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know if McDaniels leaves New England again. He probably has the best coordinator job in all the NFL.  Would have to throw a ton of money his way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Lovie is here for one more year unless we lose every game from here on out. Aren't the Glazers still paying Schiano this year and next year? If that is the case then I can't see them having 3 head coaches on the payroll next year.Just for fun though I do think McDaniels deserves a serious look. Some other candidates are Ben McAdoo, Darrell Bevell, and Hue Jackson. Not really familiar with many candidates as of right now.And possibly Koetter.

That should be a sign to them that they need to change their approach to hiring coaches.At this point in time, definitely "NO" to Koetter.  The offense is clearly worse this year than last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Smith.  I never could stand him when he was in ATL… but, he won.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll throw a curve-ball at you guys:Rod MarinelliContinuity?  CheckFire/Passion?  CheckLeader?  CheckAccountability?  CheckKeep OC (and DC if he wants) and let him bring in whoever else he wants for position coaches.Bottom line I don't think scheme or personnel are the core issues this team has.  Better talent helps, but better leadership gets better performance from the talent we already have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Lovie is here for one more year unless we lose every game from here on out. Aren't the Glazers still paying Schiano this year and next year? If that is the case then I can't see them having 3 head coaches on the payroll next year.Just for fun though I do think McDaniels deserves a serious look. Some other candidates are Ben McAdoo, Darrell Bevell, and Hue Jackson. Not really familiar with many candidates as of right now.And possibly Koetter.

That should be a sign to them that they need to change their approach to hiring coaches.At this point in time, definitely "NO" to Koetter.  The offense is clearly worse this year than last year.

No I agree they need to change up their hiring process.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is it worse? The offensive line is progressing with 2 rookies and so is the running game as a result. The weak link is the QB who can't make the throws.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll throw a curve-ball at you guys:Rod MarinelliContinuity?  CheckFire/Passion?  CheckLeader?  CheckAccountability?  CheckKeep OC (and DC if he wants) and let him bring in whoever else he wants for position coaches.Bottom line I don't think scheme or personnel are the core issues this team has.  Better talent helps, but better leadership gets better performance from the talent we already have.

I thought about this the other day but I am not sure I want another retread. Rather have him as my DC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll throw a curve-ball at you guys:Rod MarinelliContinuity?  CheckFire/Passion?  CheckLeader?  CheckAccountability?  CheckKeep OC (and DC if he wants) and let him bring in whoever else he wants for position coaches.Bottom line I don't think scheme or personnel are the core issues this team has.  Better talent helps, but better leadership gets better performance from the talent we already have.

I thought about this the other day but I am not sure I want another retread. Rather have him as my DC.

Love Rod as a DC without a doubt.0-16 is 0-16...he will NEVER get another HC job...and if I am not mistaken, he doesn't want it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why the “continuity” theme?  This nostalgia phase hasn’t worked.  JMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he's probably the quickest route to a winning team.There are a few others I'd like to see, but the interesting thing about Rod is it wouldn't have to involve "Firing" Lovie Smith for it to work.  Glazers can save face by having Lovie "promoted" to team President and bring in Rod as the HC.  It's a win-win solution that IMO would net a playoff caliber team next year.  Not a start from scratch situation where we may be compteitive by the time McCoy is ready to retire.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know this thread is what we do, but I really hope our next hire is either team president or GM.  Get at least one football person between our owners and the next head coaching hire please.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love Rod as a DC without a doubt.0-16 is 0-16...he will NEVER get another HC job...and if I am not mistaken, he doesn't want it.

Rod would be in a very different situation here than in Detroit though.  I'd bet my house that Rod would have 9+ wins here next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why the "continuity" theme?

Impatience.Sick of a decade of "rebuilding".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Koetter should get the first interview. I know it won’t happen, but if we lose to the Jags, fire Lovie, let Koetter take over, and see what he can do with the remainder of the season. Give him the option to play either qb, I don’t care about 1st pick or 3rd round status. Winston is not getting it done, if Koetter thinks Winston needs time on the bench, then develop him during practice, get Winston ready for 2017, give Glennon the ball, he doesn’t turn it over, he has the arm to make the plays, the running game is improving, it will take some pressure off Glennon. Let’s see what Koetter can do then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not sure how hard Lovie tried to get Rod here as the DC after last season. All I know is if I was calling my brother/best friend for help, he would be here in a minute. Says a lot if you ask me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rod would be in a very different situation here than in Detroit though.  I'd bet my house that Rod would have 9+ wins here next year.

We are back to the brother/best friend issue. If you fire Lovie will Rod take a HC job here?

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I'm not sure how hard Lovie tried to get Rod here as the DC after last season. All I know is if I was calling my brother/best friend for help, he would be here in a minute. Says a lot if you ask me.

What exactly are you asking your brother/best friends for help with? I highly doubt it's taking a job to work under you. Sure they'll help if you have a water heater leaking or need someone to watch the kids.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are back to the brother/best friend issue. If you fire Lovie will Rod take a HC job here?

That's just it, Lovie wouldn't have to be "fired"  ... he could be "promoted" to "team president" or whatever title he wants and let Rod take over as HC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What exactly are you asking your brother/best friends for help with? I highly doubt it's taking a job to work under you. Sure they'll help if you have a water heater leaking or need someone to watch the kids.

If I own a business and my best friend works for another company doing the same work and I offer him a job making the same money. He knows my business is not doing well and if he came aboard he could make the difference then what's the problem?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol @ the guy wanting Schiano back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's just it, Lovie wouldn't have to be "fired"  ... he could be "promoted" to "team president" or whatever title he wants and let Rod take over as HC.

This will never happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol @ the guy wanting Schiano back.

The poster could be ol' Greg himself. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This will never happen.

You aren't taking into consideration what affect firing Lovie at this point would do to the Glazers rep.Morris 3 yearsSchiano 2 yearsLovie 2 yearsDoesn't look good.By promoting Lovie, and bringing in Rod, they all get to save face and we get to have a competitive team again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This will never happen.

You aren't taking into consideration what affect firing Lovie at this point would do to the Glazers rep.Morris 3 yearsSchiano 2 yearsLovie 2 yearsDoesn't look good.By promoting Lovie, and bringing in Rod, they all get to save face and we get to have a competitive team again.

Lovie would never go for it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re fired or you’re promoted.  Pick one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why all the hate for Koetter?Dude has masked the pile of diarrhea that is our offensive line, helped Doug re-find himself, made Sims a factor, restore VJAX to pro bowl level, and made ASJ flash (not his fault he can't stay on the filed).All this with a rookie QB, and only 4 games into the season.Have there been a lot of penalties? Yeah, the offense is the youngest in football. With ZERO continuity over the past 3 years. Has Mike Evans fell off? Not necessarily... effected by injury for two games, over 100 yards one game and MIA another. Still 3/4 of the season to go.Some of you guys are unbelievable.It's like you don't even watch the same team as the rest of us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All what hate?  The one dude ITT talking shit?  Does anyone take that poster seriously?  A couple posters mentioned him as a potential next HC.  If anything, Dirk is managing to fly above the shit we are slinging in pretty much every direction since the start of the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All what hate?  The one dude ITT talking (censored)?  Does anyone take that poster seriously?  A couple posters mentioned him as a potential next HC.  If anything, Dirk is managing to fly above the (censored) we are slinging in pretty much every direction since the start of the season.

Exactly, he's producing something while trying to teach a qb how to read NFL defenses, and keep Lovie's meddling fingers out of the cookie jar.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why all the hate for Koetter?Dude has masked the pile of diarrhea that is our offensive line, helped Doug re-find himself, made Sims a factor, restore VJAX to pro bowl level, and made ASJ flash (not his fault he can't stay on the filed).All this with a rookie QB, and only 4 games into the season.Have there been a lot of penalties? Yeah, the offense is the youngest in football. With ZERO continuity over the past 3 years. Has Mike Evans fell off? Not necessarily... effected by injury for two games, over 100 yards one game and MIA another. Still 3/4 of the season to go.Some of you guys are unbelievable.It's like you don't even watch the same team as the rest of us.

I like Koetter.  Mostly for the reasons stated.  Having said that, we have a lot of D talent on board that is built for and familiar with the Tampa 2.  I want a coach in here that can tap into and unleash that talent on Sundays.I'd keep Koetter on board and bring in the best T2 Coach I could find.  At the moment, that's Rod.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs get embarrassed by Jax, Lovie should be let go that night.  Then, the Glazers should find themselves a “football consultant” like a Parcells, to use the rest of the season to “evaluate” the entire football organization.  Of course, the Glazers would have to listen to the advice given, but its a start.  And this isn’t possible unless Lovie is fired mid season.

Please wait…

• caso03

Participant

I have been the biggest voice when it comes to firing Lovie. I think he has no clue how to run a team. Since it is Wednesday my emotions have calmed down a bit, and I can start to think logically now. Lovie Smith still doesn’t have a clue IMO. He has no emotion, no energy, charisma, etc. On the other hand I don’t think it is wise to keep recycling coaches every two years. If we bring in a new head coach, let’s say he’s offensive minded. We not only will have our number 1 pick QB learning a second offense in as many seasons, all of the other players will have to adjust as well. Our defense will be most likely different. Which means we would have some players on the roster that might not fit in that scheme. If Lovie wins 6 games this year he deserves to stay. If he cant win more than 4, I would have to think long and hard about bringing him back. In that case I like, Pep Hamilton, David Shaw, Kevin Sumlin.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

You're fired or you're promoted.  Pick one.

he still gets paid if fired

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

David Shaw people. David Shaw. Past NFL coaching experience. CheckOffensive-Minded. CheckDevelops QBs. CheckDevelops OL. CheckGood talent evaluator. Check.WINNER. Check. Basically this guy is the anti-Lovie. The Glazers would be wise to back up the Brinks truck and hand the keys over as soon as the season ends if they knew what was good for them...... But as I've been hoping for this to happen since we hired toes-on-the-line, I doubt it will ever come to fruition.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t be shocked if Kyle Shanahan gets some looks this off season if he continues to have ATL rolling like they are on offense.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

I would probably go the coordinator route. Teaming Mike Smith with Koetter again might make some sense though.  Would need a good DC. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is it worse? The offensive line is progressing with 2 rookies and so is the running game as a result. The weak link is the QB who can't make the throws.

They have significantly more talent from top to bottom, they're playing significantly easier defenses, and they're performing the same.It's early.  We'll see what happens the rest of the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who's hating?  Me just saying I'm not so sure about him is me hating him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All what hate?  The one dude ITT talking (censored)?  Does anyone take that poster seriously? A couple posters mentioned him as a potential next HC.  If anything, Dirk is managing to fly above the (censored) we are slinging in pretty much every direction since the start of the season.

They should.  After all, he's been right more than anyone else about this team over the last 6 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why are you taking my post so personally? did I call you out by name? I saw MULTIPLE posts knocking Dirk. The guy is a stud, best coordinator we've had here since Gruden.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Koetter may have done a serviceable job as an OC to this point, but I don’t think he would be the answer for this team in a HC capacity. Would he be better than Smith? Of course. Schiano. Yes. Raheem. I suppose. But is he going to be the guy that brings us back to the playoffs? I doubt it. In any case, making this kind of move mid-season would be catastrophic. It would increase instability within the organization, put Mike Bajakian in charge of the Jameis & the offense, and could create the same conditions that allowed Lezlie Frasier to be in charge of the Vikings for 3 1/2 years. Statistically speaking, the odds of a mid-season move like the one I just described working out are lower than the chances the Bucs have at turning their season around. Now "let that marinate" for a minute.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This would have been a lot better if the op resurrected one of the threads from previous years. Just saying. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

David Shaw people. David Shaw. Past NFL coaching experience. CheckOffensive-Minded. CheckDevelops QBs. CheckDevelops OL. CheckGood talent evaluator. Check.WINNER. Check. Basically this guy is the anti-Lovie. The Glazers would be wise to back up the Brinks truck and hand the keys over as soon as the season ends if they knew what was good for them...... But as I've been hoping for this to happen since we hired toes-on-the-line, I doubt it will ever come to fruition.

I wouldn't classify him as anti-Lovie.  More like Lovie's brother.Similar demeanor.We need someone to dig out the fire and passion from these guys.  We have no Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Herman Edwards, Rod Marinelli, Mike Tomlin, Jon Gruden etc ... guys that can influence and lead the team to play at a higher level.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't classify him as anti-Lovie.  More like Lovie's brother.Similar demeanor.We need someone to dig out the fire and passion from these guys.  We have no Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Herman Edwards, Rod Marinelli, Mike Tomlin, Jon Gruden etc ... guys that can influence and lead the team to play at a higher level.

We have Hardware, why is LVD not playing better? Hardware should get his group to be playing like their pants are on fire, and they aren't.... what gives there?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marinelli…really??  This board changes like a Kardashian swallows spunk.  With all these gee whiz ideas surprised I haven’t seen Chud or Schottenheimer (again), this board was all on their nuts now its McDaniels…Marinelli.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have Hardware, why is LVD not playing better? Hardware should get his group to be playing like their pants are on fire, and they aren't.... what gives there?

Good question.  During an interview he said he's much more mellow these days and honestly you can see it's passed down through Lovie and his expectations for the team.Lovie doesn't expect much and this team doesn't let him down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IIRC, Nickerson has a less than stellar coaching history…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good question.  During an interview he said he's much more mellow these days and honestly you can see it's passed down through Lovie and his expectations for the team.Lovie doesn't expect much and this team doesn't let him down.

Thanks for the answer, that sucks, because he was primarily responsible for setting the tone of our Sapp/Brooks/Lynch defense.It's a shame to hear he's mellowed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marinelli...really??  This board changes like a Kardashian swallows spunk.  With all these gee whiz ideas surprised I haven't seen Chud or Schottenheimer (again), this board was all on their nuts now its McDaniels...Marinelli.

I'll throw another curve at you guys:Jim LeavittJim.jpgI wouldn't be surprised if this one took a little while longer to build a playoff calibre team, but he LITERALLY built USF from nothing into a top 5 group.  He then joined Harbaugh in San Fran as their LB Coach and had great success there too.If you want someone that knows how to dig out of the basement, he's your man.

Said Bowman: "I love Jim Leavitt. He reminds me of my high school coach in a way. He never lets you have a day off. Even if you aren't feeling good, he finds a way to make you smile."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IIRC, Nickerson has a less than stellar coaching history...

how you figure that?????

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Koetter would be fine (and certainly not a downgrade from Lovie) as the interim HC.I don't think anything really changes if Lovie is fired after the Bye. The defense will remain the same. Jameis will continue progressing (he can only go up). Glennon either remains who he was last season or gains more playing time if Koetter puts him in. Face it, our W-L prospects can't change drastically.The only things we stand to gain from Lovie leaving are:- a defensive scheme change when a new DC/HC is brought in (so we're talking end of season realistically)- possibly improved talent/fit evaluation of free agents- a possible Glennon insertion as a starter

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why are you taking my post so personally? did I call you out by name? I saw MULTIPLE posts knocking Dirk. The guy is a stud, best coordinator we've had here since Gruden.

My post in this thread was the only one (that I saw), that mentioned not boasting about Koetter.  Sure, it's possible I missed a post or two or you could be referring to other threads... I don't read all threads.I do think some people are making too much of Koetter's impact and abilities.  Some are calling him great.  Other's are saying he'd make a great coach.  After 4 games, I'm not willing to go there just yet.  I also noticed how productive Atlanta's current offense is right now... with virtually the exact same players that they had last year, when they were mediocre.  I'm waiting until January to make an assessment on Koetter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im speaking in terms of coaching style, player dev, and ability to elevate the play of his QBs and OL. In that sense he is the anti-Lovie. As far as his attitude? I could care less whether he is a quiet or rah-rah guy. You can give examples for each in terms of which equates to winning (which is another characteristic that separates Lovie from Shaw).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could care less whether he is a quiet or rah-rah guy. You can give examples for each in terms of which equates to winning...

You need to have that guy (or guys) somewhere on your team.  We don't have him anywhere.  Roster or staff.Just a bunch of "very disappointed" looks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

David Shaw is an offensive dinosaur, much like Lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This will never happen.

You don't promote a guy who has won 3 games in two years, you sore him the door

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This will never happen.

The promotion is simply a facade.  A means by which everyone can save face and we can get a guy in here (Marinelli) that knows how to run the Tampa2 and knows how to properly motivate guys to elevate their game.This team has a ton of money tied up into talented Tampa2 players.  We just need leadership to unleash that talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jimbo Fisher

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The promotion is simply a facade.  A means by which everyone can save face and we can get a guy in here (Marinelli) that knows how to run the Tampa2 and knows how to properly motivate guys to elevate their game.This team has a ton of money tied up into talented Tampa2 players.  We just need leadership to unleash that talent.

No façade, no games, no saving face.  If he has to go, he has to go all the way.  You can't let a man who was just fired be in charge of the guy who is going to take his place.  That screams failure and drama all over it.  Just bite the bullet.  Sorry, but business is business.  There is no being nice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shaw has an eye for talent and has proven to be superb at player dev. He has produced a long list of NFL talents highlighted by Andrew Luck, David Decastro, Andrus Peat, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, and Zach Ertz. I'm not at all concerned about the fact that he runs a simplistic offense (Evidenced by every game we've seen, Lovie sucks at that too) as Shaw has had a lot of success doing so. You see, the problem with Lovie's offense isn't a matter of philosophy. Lovie Smith's offenses suffer from a myriad of other reasons which include: terrible decision making (calling a run on 3rd & 13, deciding to punt when down by 21 with 6 minutes to go in the 4th, kicking a FG when down by more than 7 with 2 minutes to go in the game, issuing all your timeouts 5minutes into the 3rd quarter, etc, etc.), failure to field/develop a competent OL, failure to field/develop a competent QB, inability to field a prepared and disciplined offense. Shaw has NEVER had ANY of those problems. For more on Shaws philosophy , I suggest the following read: http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/17/stanford-cardinal-peter-kingAnd as far as him not being a firey leader, that doesn't matter much to me. The Packers don't have a Rah-Rah guy. The Bengals don't have a rah-rah guy. Neither do the Pats. Or Panthers. Or the Steelers. The list goes on. We had Rah-Rah w/ Schiano. How'd that work out? If we need a guy on the staff I'm sure Shaw would place one or two there. You can tell he is not a coach with his head up his ass (unlike our previous 3 coaches), and that my friends, is key.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chucky.Guys, I don't think he's bitter over getting fired. I've heard him comment on it a few times... and it sounded like he couldn't blame them for firing him because he failed to find a franchise QB.The only things that would get in the way is Gruden enjoying his easy job on MNF... And whether the Glazers would swallow their pride and pick up the phone.Anyway, he's the guy in my book. He IS a top notch HC... and he's got that face. It's like a pirate face. He's a buc man all the way to his bones.I want Chucky back if Lovie can't get the job done this year. Bottom line.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This will never happen.

Except the Bucs (and the Cowboys for that matter) do not run the Tampa 2 the majority of the time.  It does not take a rocket scientist to install that type defense as most 4-3 defenses (including some 3-4) have it in their playbook.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who ever the new President of football operations wants.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except the Bucs (and the Cowboys for that matter) do not run the Tampa 2 the majority of the time.  It does not take a rocket scientist to install that type defense as most 4-3 defenses (including some 3-4) have it in their playbook.

It also doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Marinelli is running the same defense as Smith and it will not be a difficult transition for these guys.THAT is the point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McDaniels. No doubt.And hate, i know you are on board with this, but idgaf IF he brings the cheating with him.And IF he can just GET to playoffs, ill be happy. He has that "bonus" for him here. If he can win six, we'll like him (well, at least more than lovie).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This will never happen.

Isn't that what they were saying about Lovie?? We've been running the T2 for two years and we still suck. How about changing the defensive scheme altogether. And don't tell me about not having the guys to run a different scheme. It can be done see Atlanta for example.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Shaw has an eye for talent and has proven to be superb at player dev. He has produced a long list of NFL talents highlighted by Andrew Luck, David Decastro, Andrus Peat, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, and Zach Ertz.

Every college coach at a decent program has players in the NFL.  Most of those aren't very good NFL players and were recruited by Harbaugh anyway. This was a really bad point on your part.

I'm not at all concerned about the fact that he runs a simplistic offense (Evidenced by every game we've seen, Lovie sucks at that too) as Shaw has had a lot of success doing so.

You should be concerned. What has sometimes worked for him at Stanford, with two very good-to-great college QB's, won't work in the NFL.

You see, the problem with Lovie's offense isn't a matter of philosophy. Lovie Smith's offenses suffer from a myriad of other reasons which include: terrible decision making (calling a run on 3rd & 13, deciding to punt when down by 21 with 6 minutes to go in the 4th, kicking a FG when down by more than 7 with 2 minutes to go in the game, issuing all your timeouts 5minutes into the 3rd quarter, etc, etc.), failure to field/develop a competent OL, failure to field/develop a competent QB, inability to field a prepared and disciplined offense. Shaw has NEVER had ANY of those problems. For more on Shaws philosophy , I suggest the following read: http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/17/stanford-cardinal-peter-king

You like Shaw, I get it. But this is a seriously large oversell. He's a good, not great, college coach. But I don't see him doing well in the NFL, should he ever be hired.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If this does happen I would prefer to go the route of an offensive minded head coach. Pep Hamilton would be someone that interests me. McDaniels looks appealing, but he’s a glorified assistant, just like Wade Phillips.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chan Gailey

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t understand all the love for McDaniels. Wasn’t that the same McDaniels from Denver, pre-Peyton Manning?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't understand all the love for McDaniels. Wasn't that the same McDaniels from Denver, pre-Peyton Manning?

*sigh* yes...that's the one, he also sent QB Cutler packing and drafted QB Tebow in the first round, and these guys are clamoring for him.  And to the guy wanting Marinelli - 0-16/10-38.  all there needs to be said.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

shaw seems to be trending down ever since harbaugh left him.  as for marinelli, if we are gonna change coaches, do you guys really want a guy known for the  T2?  i could deal with a board that isnt complaining about it every week.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

shaw seems to be trending down ever since harbaugh left him.  as for marinelli, if we are gonna change coaches, do you guys really want a guy known for the  T2?  i could deal with a board that isnt complaining about it every week.

the T2 is dead....... even the old guy from Ocala gets that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't understand all the love for McDaniels. Wasn't that the same McDaniels from Denver, pre-Peyton Manning?

*sigh* yes...that's the one, he also sent QB Cutler packing and drafted QB Tebow in the first round, and these guys are clamoring for him.  And to the guy wanting Marinelli - 0-16/10-38.  all there needs to be said.

Thanks for the laugh.

Please wait…

• Teachersue

Participant

Kevin Sumlin. Bring that high octane offense to Tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Josh McDaniels? You guys are nuts

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

We have gone defensive minded last 3 coaches and it has not worked, don't think we go the college route, Jon gruden- won't happen with the way glazers fired himBill cowher- won't come here and don't really want himJosh mcdaniels- seems like best option right nowMaybe colts fire their coach but don't really want him either

Considering that Josh McDaniels totally blew chunks in Denver, makes miserable decisions, and inspired people to create A Josh McDaniels Sucks Web Page, http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com - ummmm, no, I'll pass.Even Chicago and Atlanta didn't want him last year. He wasn't even in the running for Oakland, where coaches go to die.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I wouldn't consider Schiano if the only options were him and my 8-year old nephew.

I'll chime in a second vote for your eight year-old nephew. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now I need to go to the bathroom and wash that throw up out of my mouth.  Are you kidding?  That was a joke right?

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I wouldn't be shocked if Kyle Shanahan gets some looks this off season if he continues to have ATL rolling like they are on offense.

That would be my pick.While I will continue to support Lovie and hope he does well, I think Shanahan would be the best choice. He is young, has new ideas, has football in his blood, and maybe he signs on his dad as a coordinator. :)Again, per Josh McDaniels, instead of me reinventing the wheel and listing all of the reasons why he hopefully never coaches another NFL team, I will just refer all to the good folks at Josh McDaniels Sucks dot Com. :) http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One guy I’ll bring up for the way our team is being built is Shanahan Sr (who I think got a raw deal in Washington with RG3). I think Winston would fit well in that run, play action downfield offense that Atlanta is having so much success with now. The O-lineman we drafted last year seem like they could play in a zone scheme too.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

One guy I'll bring up for the way our team is being built is Shanahan Sr (who I think got a raw deal in Washington with RG3). I think Winston would fit well in that run, play action downfield offense that Atlanta is having so much success with now. The O-lineman we drafted last year seem like they could play in a zone scheme too.

Although I'd prefer his son, I think Shanahan also makes a good candidate. I agree he got shafted in DC and lost the faith of the owner. Considering the owner is Dan Snyder, that, imho, is a non-factor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Koetter should get the first interview. I know it won't happen, but if we lose to the Jags, fire Lovie, let Koetter take over, and see what he can do with the remainder of the season. Give him the option to play either qb, I don't care about 1st pick or 3rd round status. Winston is not getting it done, if Koetter thinks Winston needs time on the bench, then develop him during practice, get Winston ready for 2017, give Glennon the ball, he doesn't turn it over, he has the arm to make the plays, the running game is improving, it will take some pressure off Glennon. Let's see what Koetter can do then.

Yeah right. So we can have 7 wins and pick 15th?No way. We are going to milk this rebuild for as many good draft picks as we can. We need a top 5 pass rusher in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One guy I'll bring up for the way our team is being built is Shanahan Sr (who I think got a raw deal in Washington with RG3). I think Winston would fit well in that run, play action downfield offense that Atlanta is having so much success with now. The O-lineman we drafted last year seem like they could play in a zone scheme too.

Mike Shanahan did two things I always count as big for a head coach. 1 he is a top notch coordinator, and 2 he always found late round talent in one particular area, his being RB's and O-Lineman. Those 2 skills are also what I think make Bruce Arians so good. Mike Shanahan, aggressive young D coordinator who will play man, and go get pass rushers (Justin Houston in Free Agency?), cover corners, and try to get a bit bigger on defense (maybe even a 3-4, McCoy would still be a good 5 technique) and this team would look a lot better next year.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Mike Shanahan did two things I always count as big for a head coach. 1 he is a top notch coordinator, and 2 he always found late round talent in one particular area, his being RB's and O-Lineman. Those 2 skills are also what I think make Bruce Arians so good. Mike Shanahan, aggressive young D coordinator who will play man, and go get pass rushers (Justin Houston in Free Agency?), cover corners, and try to get a bit bigger on defense (maybe even a 3-4, McCoy would still be a good 5 technique) and this team would look a lot better next year.

I'd still like to see the father / son combo reunite. Kyle is showing all of the football knowledge he's gleaned from his father over the years, and also knew enough to bow out of Cleveland. :)Per the defense, I agree. I think the Tampa 2 is outdated, as it's being used, and teams have it figured out. I'd like to see a 3-4, or even a hybrid 3-4 as the defensive scheme.Best example why this, (a 3-4), could work. Just look at the Washington Redskins dfense this year, compared to last. Yeah, they still need work, but their defense is leaps and bounds better that it was, in just a single season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Washington hasn’t really played anyone good on offense yet (and neither have we, sigh..), and don’t forget the Skins beat the Eagles last game last year. Chip Kelly’s system seems to be having issues in the pros. Would be great if Kyle Shanahan came too, but I doubt it. Wouldn't really help his career at this point, and I would still take Sr for a head coach because of the experience factor. The guy I would really hope Shanny could bring with him would be Alex Gibbs.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Washington hasn't really played anyone good on offense yet (and neither have we, sigh..), and don't forget the Skins beat the Eagles last game last year. Chip Kelly's system seems to be having issues in the pros. Would be great if Kyle Shanahan came too, but I doubt it. Wouldn't really help his career at this point, and I would still take Sr for a head coach because of the experience factor. The guy I would really hope Shanny could bring with him would be Alex Gibbs.

I agree. I doubt Kyle leaves Atlanta, but I thought they worked well together in DC.My one game I was thinking about for the Redskins was against the Rams, where, yeah, they have offensive problems; however, after seeing how Washington beat them, made me think they were much worse than they really are. (Granted, Gurley was still on the bench during that game.)As far as the Eagles, they did very well in keeping their run-game in check, although, as you point out, who hasn't? :)I would definitely like to see Shanahan, if we are in a position to get him. I think he is one of the few older coaches that still bring new ideas to the table.My main concern is that, ehether it be with Lovie, or the next guy, we need to commit to someone and stop the coaching carousel, otherwise we risk being branded a long with the Browns / Redskins. (I honestly think the only way the Browns ever bring in a newer quality coach, should they get rid of Pettine, is by offering the guy partial team ownership. :) )

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure how the contract works out if you fire a guy, still owe him money, and then rehire.  Maybe if rehired, he'd have to come back in order to keep receiving a paycheck? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bill Walsh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As bad as the Eagles are looking against everyone else, I bet they make our defense look confused and out of sorts. If and when that happens, hopefully that means that we don’t have to go through another year with Lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still can’t believe someone said rehire Greg schiano. Lmao. Like their is no one else out there better? Or like he was on his way to leading us to a super bowl or something. Just logout guy. Hahahhahah

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Not sure how the contract works out if you fire a guy, still owe him money, and then rehire.  Maybe if rehired, he'd have to come back in order to keep receiving a paycheck?

The only place I want to see Schiano is in a commentator booth. I've never been a big fan of college coaches moving to the NFL. Most of them fail, and those that don't take a while to get there. Pete Carroll didn't really come into his own until he hooked up in his recent gig in Seattle. Current experiments on-going, Houston, the Eagles, aren't looking too positive at the moment. (Yeah, the Chipmunk has those first couple years, but he inherited a really good team. It may have just taken him two years to kill it off.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pettine has 4X as many wins as St. Lovie…let that sink for a minute. Pettine with the Browns has 8 wins compared to Lovie’s 2 with Bucs…[/SIGH]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doesn’t matter who the fans wants.When Raheem was fired I was banging the drum for Bruce Arians, he didn't even get a interview.Once Schiano got fired I wanted Mike Zimmer or Adam Gase, neither was interviewed.So whoever ends up replacing Loser Lovie, will not be who the fans want but whoever the Glazers pick and we know all about their track record...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have gone defensive minded last 3 coaches and it has not worked, don't think we go the college route, Jon gruden- won't happen with the way glazers fired himBill cowher- won't come here and don't really want himJosh mcdaniels- seems like best option right nowMaybe colts fire their coach but don't really want him either

Considering that Josh McDaniels totally blew chunks in Denver, makes miserable decisions, and inspired people to create A Josh McDaniels Sucks Web Page, http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com - ummmm, no, I'll pass.Even Chicago and Atlanta didn't want him last year. He wasn't even in the running for Oakland, where coaches go to die.

Considering McDaniels had the Broncos in the hunt for the playoffs in his first year with Kyle Orton ... I'll take that over 2 win Lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pettine has 4X as many wins as St. Lovie...let that sink for a minute. Pettine with the Browns has 8 wins compared to Lovie's 2 with Bucs...[/SIGH]

quick, someone get pettine a cookie!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pettine has 4X as many wins as St. Lovie...let that sink for a minute. Pettine with the Browns has 8 wins compared to Lovie's 2 with Bucs...[/SIGH]

quick, someone get pettine a cookie!

Poo poo it all you want, but it is time to realize how piss poor this organization has performed under St. Lovie

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

im pretty sure everyone realizes it.  the difference comes to how folks view the longterm.  its 50/50 so fans on their couches will most likely be right no matter which side they chose.  but it doesnt mean they have a clue.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Considering McDaniels had the Broncos in the hunt for the playoffs in his first year with Kyle Orton ... I'll take that over 2 win Lovie.

I guess you didn't check out the website. The players hated McDaniel, didn't want to play for him and felt he was inept. That's not the type of person who needs to be HC. He's fortunate he has the gig in NE, where he can collect his paycheck and not have to answer to anyone other than his HC.Quote from former NFL Punter:

In an interview with 750 The Game in Portland, Berger said of his tenure in Denver: “It felt like I was playing for an equipment manager or something, [McDaniels] was like a little punk. He came in there and said that he wanted to hear a lot from me, he wanted to know what I thought about situations. He wanted to take advantage of my veteran leadership… he said all that. But as soon as I had a game that wasn’t up to his standards, he wouldn’t talk to you or look at you.”

He continues:

Berger also highlighted the fact that McDaniels often “threw players under the bus in meetings,” specifically mentioning receiver Brandon Marshall. “I never played for a guy in my life who guys wanted to play for less,” Berger concluded. “He was just a guy you didn’t care about.”

There are a lot more gems, just on that one website. Yeah, that's someone I want coming in to run a team.... not. NE can keep him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i dont doubt that story.  but didnt brandon marshall throw his teammates under the bus as well?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dennis Ericson

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess you didn't check out the website. The players hated McDaniel, didn't want to play for him and felt he was inept. That's not the type of person who needs to be HC. He's fortunate he has the gig in NE, where he can collect his paycheck and not have to answer to anyone other than his HC.Quote from former NFL Punter:

In an interview with 750 The Game in Portland, Berger said of his tenure in Denver: “It felt like I was playing for an equipment manager or something, [McDaniels] was like a little punk. He came in there and said that he wanted to hear a lot from me, he wanted to know what I thought about situations. He wanted to take advantage of my veteran leadership… he said all that. But as soon as I had a game that wasn’t up to his standards, he wouldn’t talk to you or look at you.”

He continues:

Berger also highlighted the fact that McDaniels often “threw players under the bus in meetings,” specifically mentioning receiver Brandon Marshall. “I never played for a guy in my life who guys wanted to play for less,” Berger concluded. “He was just a guy you didn’t care about.”

There are a lot more gems, just on that one website. Yeah, that's someone I want coming in to run a team.... not. NE can keep him.

I get it... but at the same time I'm sure he learned quite a bit from his time there and you can't argue with the results he's had in NE and initially in Den.A good coach is going to rub some people the wrong way.  I want those loser off the team.We need a guy at the top to hold the highest standards and position coaches to smooth things out with the players.Right now we have Lovie's Spa and flag football club... we see the results on the field.  Everyone loves him though right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He continues:

I haven't looked at that website but Brady and Belicheat both seem to love McDaniels so he has to be doing something right. Not saying he is the perfect candidate but I think he should get an interview at least.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Matt Patricia….DC Patriots.  I would leave Koetter in place as the OC.  Would rather not have Winston learning another new offense next year.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

i dont doubt that story.  but didnt brandon marshall throw his teammates under the bus as well?

Marshall has had some issues, but I'll take him on a team any day of the week. For whatever reason, maybe just a reaction to McDaniel, Marshall doesn't do it now. He is an integral part of the Jets group. Who would have thought that the Jets would have a valid passing game?Per McDaniel, there have been a crap ton of teams, with much better owners / leadership in place that the Glazers, and they have all taken a pass on McDaniel. To me, that speaks volumes.  I''ll take a pass on gambling another few years to find out if he's out-grown his problems. Let some other team go that route. Maybe Miami? (Although, since I don't dislike Miami, I would hate to see them pull that trigger.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Steve Duimeg  and Ian Beckles  with Ned Mandingo as Special Teams coach.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

the brother gruden

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

He continues:

I haven't looked at that website but Brady and Belicheat both seem to love McDaniels so he has to be doing something right. Not saying he is the perfect candidate but I think he should get an interview at least.

I think he's risen to his highest level of competence. As a coordinator, yeah, no argument there. I just don't want to risk another project over a couple of years to find out we got it wrong, particulalrly when he has been completely passed over by so many other teams.Let him test his maturity in level in Philly, after they pull the plug on the "CK Me" experiment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Am I the only one that finds this whole process idiotic? The one cat is matching up coordinators, do those fellas have a positive working history together? I'm thinking the question should really be something more like, Who's going to be in charge of this operation? Could be a guy with a HC title or GM title or President title. We got Lovie with control but he doesn't seem to know how to delegate. His comfort zone seems to be dcord, so he's taken on that role. Meh... I hear the Atrain has some head coaching experience. 

Please wait…

• Stratobuc

Participant

Don Coryell would look like crap if he had Winston heaped around his neck by TB media and NFL.

I'm not convinced Koetter is anything special.  This offense looks worse this year than last year.  We'll see come January.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess you didn't check out the website. The players hated McDaniel, didn't want to play for him and felt he was inept. That's not the type of person who needs to be HC. He's fortunate he has the gig in NE, where he can collect his paycheck and not have to answer to anyone other than his HC.

Just a tid-bit of information.  Browns players (and fans), said the same thing when the Browns fired Belichick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marshall has had some issues, but I'll take him on a team any day of the week. For whatever reason, maybe just a reaction to McDaniel, Marshall doesn't do it now. He is an integral part of the Jets group. Who would have thought that the Jets would have a valid passing game?Per McDaniel, there have been a crap ton of teams, with much better owners / leadership in place that the Glazers, and they have all taken a pass on McDaniel. To me, that speaks volumes.  I''ll take a pass on gambling another few years to find out if he's out-grown his problems. Let some other team go that route. Maybe Miami? (Although, since I don't dislike Miami, I would hate to see them pull that trigger.)

The same could be said about Bruce Arians.  How'd that turn out?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don Coryell would look like crap if he had Winston heaped around his neck by TB media and NFL.

I don't think Winston is the problem... well, the biggest one anyway.  Right now he's not playing well, but it's early.  I don't trust the coaching staff more than anything else.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Until he wins a Super Bowl as a Head Coach, it hasn't worked; however, I would not compare Arians to McDaniel. I've never heard Arians referred to as a "punk" or like "playing for an equipment manager."There are a lot more negative comments from players about McDaniel. I just picked a couple. I have never really heard anyone speak very poorly about Arians.Besides, as someone else pointed out, it's not just about picking an HC, but more about picking a good structure from Front Office, down to HC, and spread across the coaches that will be signed in key positions. McDaniel isn't that guy.Like I said, let some other team have a go at him. If he wins a Super Bowl, I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong. I'm just not seeing him as a person that will garner respect from players, or making quality key decisions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess you didn't check out the website. The players hated McDaniel, didn't want to play for him and felt he was inept. That's not the type of person who needs to be HC. He's fortunate he has the gig in NE, where he can collect his paycheck and not have to answer to anyone other than his HC.

Just a tid-bit of information.  Browns players (and fans), said the same thing when the Browns fired Belichick.

Yep...http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3217121&sportCat=nflI imagine Belichick much like Schiano, would have never been given a chance to build a winner here.Expectations too high, media too close to lazy/entitled players, fans too stupid, and owners too absent.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Yep...http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3217121&sportCat=nflI imagine Belichick much like Schiano, would have never been given a chance to build a winner here.Expectations too high, media too close to lazy/entitled players, fans too stupid, and owners too absent.

Sounds like you did a good job describing the Giants. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ding ding ding!!!and going full retard is wanting Marinelli as HC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Dirk Koetter could be a decent head coach one day. If the Glazers decide to move on from Lovie before season’s end, I’d want Koetter as a Interim and perhaps moving forward if we see progress.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie was only two wins off from 0-16.I mean, seriously...boid, hate, or even I could do better than that. And we are WORRIED about another hc?Dude, I'd rather have YOU be the new coach. At least your pressers would be better. They almost have to be.The best option is to wait it out and get a high pick, let koetter take over, or just simply wait for the right time after enough research has been done.But im not level headed, and i want lovie to walk the plank asap anyway. The glazers can go first before him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Going full retard is a 2 win season ... and keeping the coach.Then starting his second year with three 10+ point losses ... and keeping the coach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie was only two wins off from 0-16...

Marinelli's Detroit W/L .200Lovie's Tampa W/L .150Progress.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Until he wins a Super Bowl as a Head Coach, it hasn't worked; however, I would not compare Arians to McDaniel. I've never heard Arians referred to as a "punk" or like "playing for an equipment manager."There are a lot more negative comments from players about McDaniel. I just picked a couple. I have never really heard anyone speak very poorly about Arians.Besides, as someone else pointed out, it's not just about picking an HC, but more about picking a good structure from Front Office, down to HC, and spread across the coaches that will be signed in key positions. McDaniel isn't that guy.Like I said, let some other team have a go at him. If he wins a Super Bowl, I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong. I'm just not seeing him as a person that will garner respect from players, or making quality key decisions.

I meant with respect that many teams never he considered interviewing Arians for an HC job all those years as an extremely successful OC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…..ok boid.  Marty: You don’t know when to quit, do ya Griswold?… Here’s an idea: Why don’t you give me half the money your were gonna to bet, then we’ll go out back, I’ll kick you in the nuts, and we’ll call it a day!smdh

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I meant with respect that many teams never he considered interviewing Arians for an HC job all those years as an extremely successful OC.

I agree. A lot of quality coordinators get overlooked in interviews, for one reason or another. I wouldn't even begin to know the vetting process that causes a team to select interviews from Column A, while excluding candidates from Colommn B. I'm also not knocking McDaniel's ability as a coordinator. I'm just not keen, based upon past performance and the negative comments from many around him when he was a HC, that we should bring him in.This team, imho, has had too many re-boots at HC, and if we keep bringing people through at the rate we've been going, then the Glazers will be grouped with the Browns and Redskins, and no one will want to coach here.(I'm honestly surprised that Chucky, Jr. took the HC job at Washington, knowing Dan Snyder's rep with recycling coaches, on top of the controversy over QB. Gruden had guts to sign on the line for that one, ya gotta admit. :) )

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Galen Hall!  Put Lee Corso in charge of personnel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Richard Williamson, in his current state

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Richard Williamson, in his current state

Hahaha, you went there.  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree. A lot of quality coordinators get overlooked in interviews, for one reason or another. I wouldn't even begin to know the vetting process that causes a team to select interviews from Column A, while excluding candidates from Colommn B. I'm also not knocking McDaniel's ability as a coordinator. I'm just not keen, based upon past performance and the negative comments from many around him when he was a HC, that we should bring him in.This team, imho, has had too many re-boots at HC, and if we keep bringing people through at the rate we've been going, then the Glazers will be grouped with the Browns and Redskins, and no one will want to coach here.(I'm honestly surprised that Chucky, Jr. took the HC job at Washington, knowing Dan Snyder's rep with recycling coaches, on top of the controversy over QB. Gruden had guts to sign on the line for that one, ya gotta admit. :) )

If I'm a head coaching candidate, I'm looking at the last 20 years (+/-), and I see the following...Tony Dungy (defense) - Took over a mediocre team and made the playoffs his second year.  After a down year, he was still employed for 3 more years.  He wasn't fired until after multiple declining seasons with obvious regression in the offense.Jon Gruden (offense) - Took over a great defensive team with below average offense and took them to a Super Bowl.  Despite having less season to season success, he got 6 more years to try to win another one.Raheem Morris (defense) - Took over a mediocre team and turned it to crap.  Every aspect of this team was worse when he left than where he got it.  He still got 3 years because he drafted a rookie QB and there were some signs of improvement (the 10-6 season).  It wasn't until the huge drop off the following year, where he got fired.Greg Schiano (defense) - Took over a bad team - improved it - and then ruined it.  Now, he didn't ruin the "team" per se, he ruined himself.  His demeanor towards the players, the lack of an NFL level offense, and his stubbornness led to the team firing him.Lovie Smith (defense) - Took over a team with a pretty decent defense and an offense that needed a lot of help.  He hasn't improved the defense at all in 2 years... at best, it's "as good as" when Schiano was here, but I think that's actually being generous - I think they're worse.  The offense has been a disgrace with terrible personnel decisions, terrible coaching, and terrible execution.  A coach who might only win 5 games in 2 seasons.If I'm an offensive minded coaching candidate, I'm seeing this as an opportunity of all opportunities.  I have a decent defense and an offense with a lot of young talent.  If I believe in the talent that's here and can make it work and blossom, I want this job very badly.  In an offensive era, I can win with an "average" defense if I can get this offense going.  Tampa Bay would be a dream come true for offensive minded HC candidates.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mouse Davis. Hal Mumme. Srsly, Charlie Strong should be available soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mouse Davis. Hal Mumme. Srsly, Charlie Strong should be available soon.

I think you should have included Strong with the other two.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mouse as head coach, Hal ocord, Strong Dcord.  We’re winning every game. Kirwin Bell as QB coach. Tebow can run our two point conversions.

Please wait…

Viewing 138 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.