Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• Hit-55

Participant

Yes I know that may sound like a stupid question but Pro Football Talk has a poll going with that question on it right now and Seau is leading Brooks by a pretty large margin. That makes no sense to me. Seau was great but he was not better than Brooks. If you agree go to PFT and vote for Brooks and help correct this. Junior Seau.  40.16%  (5,003 votes) Derrick Brooks.  30.37%  (3,784 votes) Lee Roy Jordan.  8.54%  (1,064 votes) Matt Millen.  7.63%  (951 votes) Terrell Suggs.  7.01%  (873 votes) Lance Briggs.  4.41%  (550 votes) Steve Owen.  1.88%  (234 votes) Total Votes: 12,459Return To PollCreate Your Own Poll http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/24/prime-numbers-takes-up-no-55-on-wednesday/

• ruodrik

Participant

Derrick Brooks is a legend, but hes no Kenny Fucking Powers. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s a joke.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Junior Seau was almost always out of position.  I dont want to take anything away from the guy, RIP, but he was not in the same conversation as Brooks.  Brooks has a ring, and despite much dialogue to the contrary, that matters a ton.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought so as well. It became more of a joke when I looked at their career stats. They’re not even close. Brooks - ****14 years*** Games- 224Tackles- 1698Sacks- 13.5Forced Fumbles- 24Rec Fumb- 4Int. - 25TD's - 6 Pass Breakups- 112Seau- ***19 years*** (5 more seasons)Games- 268Tckl- 1526Sack - 56.5 (Will give props for this, he beats Brooks in this stat)FF- 11FR- 18Int- 18TD- ***0***Pass B/U- 84NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! Not disrespecting Seau but he's not in the same class with Brooks. It shocked me even more when some commented that Brooks was way overated. Dumbest thing I've evere heard!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought so as well. It became more of a joke when I looked at their career stats. They're not even close. Brooks - ****14 years*** Games- 224Tackles- 1698Sacks- 13.5Forced Fumbles- 24Rec Fumb- 4Int. - 25TD's - 6 Pass Breakups- 112Seau- ***19 years*** (5 more seasons)Games- 268Tckl- 1526Sack - 56.5 (Will give props for this, he beats Brooks in this stat)FF- 11FR- 18Int- 18TD- ***0***Pass B/U- 84NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! Not disrespecting Seau but he's not in the same class with Brooks. It shocked me even more when some commented that Brooks was way overated. Dumbest thing I've evere heard!!

I completely agree with you.

• Anonymous

Inactive

John Mcnally should be on the list even though he wore other numbers as well.  Received, ran, threw, returned, tackled, and intercepted.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seau did his thing in a flashy way.  People likely voted for him because they remember him dancing around after his tackles.As Bucs fans, we saw what Derrick Brooks did and we know who the best double nickle was.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sack dances impress the masses more than a tackling machine, even in both the run and pass games… If Kiffin had wanted Brooks to blitz, he'd have gotten way more sacks than Seau. His discipline in being where he needed to be CONSISTANTLY was a key to Monte's D.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brooks hands down.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Derrick getting 30% is not really disrespect in my opinion. Rah-Rah-Ree kind of players tend to get more recognition, but Derrick deserves the number one spot.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Derrick getting 30% is not really disrespect in my opinion. Rah-Rah-Ree kind of players tend to get more recognition, but Derrick deserves the number one spot.

I disagree! This isn't dissing Lavonte who the world doesn't know because we have sucked and the world just hasn't noticed. If he was losing in a close race I could see that as not being disrespected but he's losing by 1,400+ votes (10%). That's crazy!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ridiculous.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I disagree! This isn’t dissing Lavonte who the world doesn’t know because we have sucked and the world just hasn’t noticed. If he was losing in a close race I could see that as not being disrespected but he’s losing by 1,400+ votes (10%). That’s crazy!

Well don't get me wrong, the standings are incorrect. This is an open public vote we're talking about though, more than half the people voting probably never saw any numbers relating to the two players. These poll results don't mean jack, Derrick is in the hall, has a super bowl ring, and is probably comfortably retired after his earnings in the league.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, for one the guy died recently and as awful as it sounds that’s getting him a lot of votes from casual fans. For another, he was a flashier player, but personally there are very few OLBs in history I’d take over DB and Seau isn’t one of them. People are enamored with sack numbers and he put up more sacks. I saw Singletary's list of the top 5 LBs in the league on NFL Network and it seemed like he only cared about pass rushing LBs when IMO that's just a part of the package. DB was a better all around LB, the guy could rush the passer if he was asked to, cover a TE or RB if he was asked to, mirror and shut down Vick's running lanes... he could do it all. Not many LBs in history are the total package like Brooks was. BUT he was a Buc and the casual fan just doesn't know crap about our team and even some of it's best players. Heck, if I was talking to most of my friends that call themselves football fans and mentioned Lee Roy Selmon I'd probably get a lot of blank stares. Sad but true, Brooks is one of the best of all time but he was a quiet guy who let his play do the talking.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not many LBs in history are the total package like Brooks was. Brooks was a quiet guy who let his play do the talking.

This and This.Watching DB play was a pleasure.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe they mean the best at killing themself ??

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe they mean the best at killing themself ??

That's a little harsh man.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s how I roll.

• Anonymous

Inactive

jeeeeezus man….

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of people didn’t have the privilege to watch DB play as much as we did. Seau had national commercials and was in a larger market in California so I get it.. They are wrong but I get it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.