Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• flashgordon

Participant

This should say a lot about who you trust character wise!

Please wait…

Bobby Blue Bland I Pity The Fool (1961)

• rogersgc

Participant

One of the players OP mentioned has repeated marks against him for lack of effort. That's not a guy I want.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Between the two?Noah probably. I almost feel like he has changed for the better but you never know man. People are different...Spence. Ogbah has major issues...particularly with his brother. That's the guy who could ruin lives by vicarious living.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

My gut tells me that Nkemdiche is going to turn it around and be a sick pro.  I just worry too much about him in Tampa right now.  If I trusted McCoy from a locker room leadership standpoint more, I may be interested.  He ends up in Denver and he goes on to have one hell of a career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even though I’m generally kind of “meh” on Spence, he’s an easy choice for me over Nkemdiche.  The latter has all the potential in the world, but I’m not even slightly convinced that he has the will to live up to it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nkemdiche. Highly touted recruit who was allowed to do whatever he wanted at Ole Miss and has correctable maturity issues similar to Winston’s time at FSU. Spence drug history scares me. He could be on a Josh Gordon type path.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nkemdiche. Highly touted recruit who was allowed to do whatever he wanted at Ole Miss and has correctable maturity issues similar to Winston's time at FSU. Spence drug history scares me. He could be on a Josh Gordon type path.

Sooo...Nkemdiche's drug history doesnt scare you, but Spence's does?  Please explain.

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

Nkemdiche. Highly touted recruit who was allowed to do whatever he wanted at Ole Miss and has correctable maturity issues similar to Winston's time at FSU. Spence drug history scares me. He could be on a Josh Gordon type path.

Sooo...Nkemdiche's drug history doesnt scare you, but Spence's does?  Please explain.

And lets not forget the bigger issue and that's Roberts brother older brother who has been in the ICU twice for drug use and is always around Robert.He is a destructive influence and I do not see Robert parting with his brother. I have read a few teams want Robert to cease contact with his brother all together.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And lets not forget the bigger issue and that's Roberts brother older brother who has been in the ICU twice for drug use and is always around Robert.He is a destructive influence and I do not see Robert parting with his brother. I have read a few teams want Robert to cease contact with his brother all together.

Concur…Noah was voluntarily checked for drug use constantly. He’s been quiet, relatively speaking. And no way Bobby N is going to stop hanging with his brother who has nothing to lose and a lot to gain. Again, through vicarious living.

Please wait…

• CapnFear

Participant

Depends on where you would pick either one.  I’m currently leaning towards Spence because he has submitted to voluntary drug testing since being kicked out of tOSU and Nkemdiche’s lack of desire on some plays.  I did read (believe it was on BR yesterday) where his brother was NOT going to accompany him but I still have my concerns.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nkemdiche has the potential to dominate his opponent one on one at the next level more so then Spence. Hes much more of a talented force to be reckoned with. Its a pretty weak draft class this year, im willing to pull the trigger on him for his potential compared to what i see as the mediocrity of the rest of this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Noah Spence without hesitation.  I’ll take the try hard with a good attitude over the super talented slacker butthead every day of the week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we’re talking 1st round, I’ll take Spence because I think he is slightly less likely to self destruct. He’s already taking drug tests. He’s already got his stuff sorted out, he just needs maintenance. If we're talking the 2nd round, I'll take Nkemdiche. His issue with his brother could be tough to deal with. While separation may be good for Nkemdiche, he probably feels like separation would be abandoning his brother who obviously has issues. On the flip side, I think he has more natural ability and is more of a physical specimen than Spence. So in the first I'd play it safer. In the second I'd be more likely to take the risk.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll take Nkemdiche because I haven’t seen Spence play at Eastern Kentucky.  The fact he got kicked out of OSU, and then got arrested at Easter Kentucky, to me, bothers me more than what I have read about Nkemdiche.  Also, Nkemdiche ran almost as fast as spence despite weighing 40 lbs more (4.87 to 4.8) and had the same verticle.  I just think Nkemdiche is a better size/athleticism combo than Spence.  People were trying to compare Spence to Von Miller or Khalil Mack, but those guys were faster (4.53 and 4.65, respectively). 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Noah Spence without hesitation.  I'll take the try hard with a good attitude over the super talented slacker butthead every day of the week.

keep in mind Smith was habitually jeopardizing his future every weekend which eventually led to him getting kicked out of OSU. I dont know how that qualifies as try hard with a good attitude. and before youd choose smith one without hesitation over him, have you ever watched the game film? Ive watched plenty of Nkemdiche film and this slacker on the field stuff is not something that ever really stood out to me. I feel like its very overblown. He may have slacked on some plays in the same way Clowney did. If he was doubled and the play was well away from him then sure. Those things I hardly criticized Clowney for at the time which is why I probably didnt noticed when watching  Nkemdiche

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Noah Spence without hesitation.  I'll take the try hard with a good attitude over the super talented slacker butthead every day of the week.

keep in mind Smith was habitually jeopardizing his future every weekend which eventually led to him getting kicked out of OSU. I dont know how that qualifies as try hard with a good attitude. and before youd choose smith one without hesitation over him, have you ever watched the game film? Ive watched plenty of Nkemdiche film and this slacker on the field stuff is not something that ever really stood out to me. I feel like its very overblown. He may have slacked on some plays in the same way Clowney did. If he was doubled and the play was well away from him then sure. Those things I hardly criticized Clowney for at the time which is why I probably didnt noticed when watching  Nkemdiche

Funny you mention Clowney, he is exactly who I think of when I watch Nkemdiche...all the skill in the world who plays when he wants to.  2nd round, fine.  1st...no way (for me).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In regards to drug use, I don't recall Nkemdiche failing a drug test, has he? Spence on the other hand, failed two tests for ecstasy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spence’s history doesn’t scare me at all. He failed drug tests a couple years ago.. so what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They both have a long list of issues. Nkemdiche produced less and has a longer list. Spence but I’d prefer to stay away from both.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They both have a long list of issues. Nkemdiche produced less and has a longer list. Spence but I'd prefer to stay away from both.

+1.  Don't want either one. Why do we need them with their issues? We need to spend our time teaching not babysitting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They both have a long list of issues. Nkemdiche produced less and has a longer list. Spence but I'd prefer to stay away from both.

+1.  Don't want either one. Why do we need them with their issues? We need to spend our time teaching not babysitting.

Ageeed. Too many good options in the first few rounds, both at DE and DT who may produce more anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spence all day…his issues are overblown for some reason. Sure seems like somebody wants him to fall from top end of draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spence and it wouldnt close, hearing how Nkemedeche came off at the combine thinking he was better than everyone there, really makes me think he won’t be a good teammate, reminds me a bit of bowers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny you mention Clowney, he is exactly who I think of when I watch Nkemdiche...all the skill in the world who plays when he wants to.  2nd round, fine.  1st...no way (for me).

Did Clowney look like he was playing only when he wanted to when we faced the Texans? Maybe you didnt notice him making his way to very quickly to Winston nearly every snap.If anyone is seriously judging Nkemdiche on game film than there is no way you could put a second round grade on him especially in this draft class when hes clearly top 5 Dlineman in this class.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spence and its not closeNkemdiche has too much trash around him to be worth the risk. hes not going to drop his brother who has serious issues. you dont drop family and his bro is a serious drain on him. combine that with his lack of effort and inability to finish plays and i stay awayRKN maybe in the 2nd round but id be leary there. no freaking way in the first

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Neither at number 9. I feel like Nkemdeche has more talent so I would pick him in round 2. I’m leaning Ogbah at 9 if we took a DE in round 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

neither at nine.  risk too great.  in the 2nd the risk reward ratio is more reasonable and then id consider spence.  id grill the crap out of them both on interviews and visits and see how they respond.  id  inform both that if drafted your contract would have a clause for additional mandatory drug testing compared to whatever the norm is.  my hunch is that spence at least has been passing drug tests and seems like at least that he gets that he blew it at Ohio St.  Robert doesn’t seem to get it.  Still denies that he was on anything when he fell out of the hotel balcony when everyone knows that wasn’t the case. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember Darrell Russel, Dt for the Raiders – very high draft pick.  He had one dominant game – against the Cowboys in Jon Gruden’s first year.  He was a perfectly fine guy, but just didn’t care about football that much, much less life. He was too much of a kid really.  My experience with Russel alone makes me not want to draft Nkemdiche.I saw the combine interview of Noah Spence, and felt that he seems like a perfectly fine guy.  I'm putting him in the Jamies Winston camp.  Of course, his problem was drugs, which means addiction problems. I don't know from there.As for drafting him at all . . . I agree that say a Rankins is pound for pound, more bang for the buck, figuratively speaking. But assuming the Dt's one would draft at 9 are gone(highly unlikely; if that does happen . . . whoa, somebody else is gong to be there).  This ultimately wasn't the point.  The point is just whether Noah Spence is so bad. I'd say no; and it seems most agree.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The most important factor is how much they love football. I’ll take troubled players all day long if they love to play football. Not sure where those two guys stand in that department but it was obvious that Jameis loves football. Sapp had issues but he loved to play football. Guys like Manziel and Freeman love to party. Mike Williams (remember that WR?) he loved to party and make rap videos. Give me guys who love football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The most important factor is how much they love football. I'll take troubled players all day long if they love to play football. Not sure where those two guys stand in that department but it was obvious that Jameis loves football. Sapp had issues but he loved to play football. Guys like Manziel and Freeman love to party. Mike Williams (remember that WR?) he loved to party and make rap videos. Give me guys who love football.

All good points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ageeed. Too many good options in the first few rounds, both at DE and DT who may produce more anyway.

There's a pretty solid list of DEs and DTs that will be available when the bucs pick. Pick one of those guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spence…have Gholston and Ayers (non-quick twitch) would prefer quick twitch pass rusher, therefore no Nkemdiche.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nkemdiche twitches quickly if he doesn’t get a fix….

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

There's a pretty solid list of DEs and DTs that will be available when the bucs pick. Pick one of those guys.

Huge bust potential with any that will be available when we pick. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are purportedly a bucs fan, every pick has a huge bust potential.  See Hate...

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

You are purportedly a bucs fan, every pick has a huge bust potential.  See Hate...

Of course all picks pose risk.  I just want my risk to be a little less recognizable.  This guy has almost all of the signs of a bust.  Not the least of which is his appetite for Rave culture, you know, because he just likes the music.......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Acknowledging both are projects with flags…  I’d draft both of them accordingly.Neither in the top 15.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Noah spence all day.

Please wait…

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.