Who Would You Pick?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    BucsBay
    Participant

If these guys are all gone and you can’t trade down, who would you take?

Burrow, Tua, Young, Okudah, Simmons, Wirfs, Willis, Becton, Thomas, Brown, Kinlaw

Would you take a receiver? What if Lamb and Jeudy are gone too?

Rating: -2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by BucsBay.

X
    Spectator

K’Lavon.

+1
    Rating: -7. From 9 votes.
    Please wait...
    Buc780
    Participant

With Herbert and Ruggs on the board I think we’d be able to find a trade down partner. Still feel its likely Herbert goes in the top 13 picks which would mean – worst case scenario – we’d have the option of one of Lamb or Jeudy. Then ideally trade down and grab Josh Jones.

But for your scenario if trade down wasn’t an option take Ruggs.

Brady
    Rojo / CEH
    Evans / Godwin / Ruggs
    OJ / Brate

+3
    Rating: +1. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...
    Detrimental
    Participant

Jones or K’Lavon Chassion

Rating: -3. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...
    Nobody
    Participant

My BPA board basically looks like this (excluding the QBs, top WRs, top CBs, Young:

1 – RT Wills
    2 – OT Thomas
    3 – OT Becton
    4 – RT Wirfs
    5 – Edge Baun
    6 – WR Ruggs

So I would take Edge – Baun (but I would desperately try for a trade-back to early 20s).

+3
    Please wait...
    Bucko40
    Participant

Either take Ruggs or the best RB rated on your draft board.

+2
    Rating: 0. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    Pepsi
    Participant

My BPA board basically looks like this (excluding the QBs, top WRs, top CBs, Young:

1 – RT Wills
    2 – OT Thomas
    3 – OT Becton
    4 – RT Wirfs
    5 – Edge Baun
    6 – WR Ruggs

So I would take Edge – Baun (but I would desperately try for a trade-back to early 20s).

+3
    Please wait...

I also like Baun over Chaisson

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucsBay
    Participant

I’d probably take Jones. I think he’s being a little underrated just because the OT’s in front of him are such studs. Jones has a lot of starting experience, is a really good athlete, and looked good all over the line at Senior Bowl practices. We could still draft a RT and Jones could start at Guard and eventually replace Smith at LT. I don’t know why you guys are hating on him so much.

+5
    Rating: +3. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by BucsBay.
    dexmonkey
    Participant

if i absolutely cannot trade and have to pick i guess im taking one of Chaison, Jones, or Baun

maybe Lamb or Jeudy if i think i can move Godwin for a 1 (yes this is heresy but this is a hypothetical that puts me in a situation i dont want to be in)

+2
    Rating: -3. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...
    Nobody
    Participant

I don’t hate Jones.

He’s just not in the class of the other guys and I have all of the concerns that I posted in my review of him.

And I definitely don’t think that his tape/frame shows a player who is capable of easily (if at all) transitioning inside. He plays too high and too narrow and his hand-shooting (initiative, aggression, precision) doesn’t show a player who is Guard-capable right now.

+1
    Rating: -2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    BucsBay
    Participant

@Nobody – The tape I’ve seen I disagree. I think he’d be a rare rookie that could be dependable in pass protection and would be a very good move blocker. He’s a not phone booth guy and he’d have trouble with the rare, really good, undersized, quick 3 techs, but he’d be a significant upgrade and his versatility would be a big plus imo.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by BucsBay.
    Nobody
    Participant

And I also want to be clear that I don’t dislike Chaisson as a prospect. I like him. I just think he’s over-rated and not the class of prospect all-around (production, tape, advanced metrics, the ability to use his length) that Baun is. And I also don’t see the floor or ceiling as an actual Pass Rusher that Baun has. And Baun has put a LOT of solid coverage snaps on tape.

I only discovered Baun 2 weeks ago. Its actually extremely surprising to me that he isn’t a higher prospect on the national publications (etc) than he is. Late 1st round seems dumb. Only PFF has him higher and they’re much lower on Chaisson.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Pennywise
    Participant

Lamb
    Love
    Jackson
    Ruiz

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    Team Pteranodon
    Participant

I’d like to know where CJ Henderson fits in the picture? He seems to be in this range typically but the conversation shifts to trade down talk and this name doesn’t come up.

Rating: -1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    Nobody
    Participant

I just don’t have the time or stamina to look at prospects that aren’t need areas so there are guys (like Henderson) that just arent’ on my radar and I choose to not have a clue on.

If we draft him, I’ll look at his tape, metrics, et al and have an opinion then. From what I hear, he’s an explosively athletic CB. You can never have enough of those, so my opinion isn’t going to reflexively be “CORNERBACK, WTF?”

Maybe he would actually be a rare prospect BPA. I have no idea.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.