Who Would You Pick?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Greattimes
    Participant

The best offensive tackle still available. The Bucs are in dire need of improving the offensive line. I have read other people write that if the top 4 O’linemen are gone, than the Bucs should wait until the 2nd round to draft an offensive lineman. If the Bucs wait until the second round then not only will the top 4 be gone, but the top 7 or 8 may be gone.

Rating: -1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

blind melon
    Participant

Would Trade Back… (someone is going to want one of those wideouts.)

Take Jones, Wilson or Cleveland in that order.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Pennywise
    Participant

Pay attention, said cant trade down
    back.
    If you can trade,I’m trading back too…in fact I would trade back no matter what,unless Simmons or young by some miracle, fell

Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Pennywise.
    blind melon
    Participant

Pay attention, said cant trade down
    back.
    If you can trade,I’m trading back too…in fact I would trade back no matter what,unless Simmons or young by some miracle, fell

Please wait...

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Pennywise.

Unpossible.

But playing the game, it would be Henderson, McKenney, Queen and the Chaisson in that order.

Please wait...
    Team Pteranodon
    Participant

I just don’t have the time or stamina to look at prospects that aren’t need areas so there are guys (like Henderson) that just arent’ on my radar and I choose to not have a clue on.

If we draft him, I’ll look at his tape, metrics, et al and have an opinion then. From what I hear, he’s an explosively athletic CB. You can never have enough of those, so my opinion isn’t going to reflexively be “CORNERBACK, WTF?”

Maybe he would actually be a rare prospect BPA. I have no idea.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Fair enough, it’s just that I can understand why OL is a big deal, but on defense the weakest unit is the secondary by a mile so I don’t understand why there’s not much conversation there.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    The Freeman
    Participant

Josh Jones

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    X
    Spectator

Did you factor in his prior ACL injury being a slight factor? A lot of athletes aren’t full speed for a while afterwards. They are still trying to get the mental confidence back.

And I also want to be clear that I don’t dislike Chaisson as a prospect. I like him. I just think he’s over-rated and not the class of prospect all-around (production, tape, advanced metrics, the ability to use his length) that Baun is. And I also don’t see the floor or ceiling as an actual Pass Rusher that Baun has. And Baun has put a LOT of solid coverage snaps on tape.

I only discovered Baun 2 weeks ago. Its actually extremely surprising to me that he isn’t a higher prospect on the national publications (etc) than he is. Late 1st round seems dumb. Only PFF has him higher and they’re much lower on Chaisson.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    Nobody
    Participant

@Team Pteranodon

I would say the defense looks like this:

Safety = Needs starter competition/help, depth is terrible.

CBs = Depth is terrible and a likely liability (given Dean’s injury history and we still don’t know if SMB will be an effective NCB in this league).

ILB = Depth is terrible.

Edge = Rotation is terrible, depth is terrible, and we’re likely to see an issue with starting 2 by next year.

iDL = Depth is terrible and we’re going to see an issue with starters by next year.

—————–

Long story short:

Depth is awful everywhere and a major liability at CB and Edge (where you need 4 reliable players, reliable in their play and in their availability).

Safety needs both Starter help and depth help.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    BucsBay
    Participant

I disagree there too. Ryan Smith has played well as a starter and is our #4. Legit Edge rushers are rare and we have 2 really good ones.

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    Detrimental
    Participant

Ryan Smith got his ass roasted when he came in the game. Not sure what yall are watching

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Live4BUCS
    Participant

Per Schefter, Baun was just busted for a diluted sample at the draft

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    X
    Spectator

So, let’s revisit.

Baun tested well, played well, and had dilute samples (steroids for sure). Would explain the combine, perhaps some of his game.

Chaisson comes off a busted ACL, isn’t as dynamic according to some (I see a nice athlete myself), who will get better once he gets his mental trust of his injury back and possibly his physical self as well.

Chaisson would be my selection. Thumb it down all day!!!

Please wait...
    JamesButabi
    Participant

Id love to trade down this draft, but seeing we cant in this exercise I would take Ruggs here. Have thought we have had huge depth concerns for a long time.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    KingTampa007
    Participant

Chassion passes the eye test. He explodes off the ball. Of course he has to refine his game. But, it’s so crazy to me how people don’t want to draft a potential 15 sack a year player when you know we have JPP who is 33 years old. Then what? Come on. Sacrifice that for a right tackle? Shit resign Dotson who played pretty good last year. Draft a right tackle in the 2nd and develop him. You don’t pass on supreme talent for a “need”. Sheeesh

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Team Pteranodon
    Participant

Chassion passes the eye test. He explodes off the ball. Of course he has to refine his game. But, it’s so crazy to me how people don’t want to draft a potential 15 sack a year player when you know we have JPP who is 33 years old. Then what? Come on. Sacrifice that for a right tackle? Shit resign Dotson who played pretty good last year. Draft a right tackle in the 2nd and develop him. You don’t pass on supreme talent for a “need”. Sheeesh

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Totally agree on taking talent more than need especially early, don’t agree on Chaisson being more talented than some of the tackles or the possibility of being the BPA at 14.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.