Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• BucfanNC12

Participant

Being a Buc fan and a member of this board I learned one thing to be a fact. Fans love to find one player to hate. Recently, its gone from Talib, to Freeman, to Blount, and Mike Williams. So who is next?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m still not done hating Myron Lewis

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whomever consistantly fails next season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s already Goldson. Where you been? I like Goldson seems like the board tends to **CENSORED** on him a lot o and Barron i feel is getting closer also. Me personally I think Luke stocker sucks and shouldn't be on a football field to each his own tho.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luke Stocker, I cant remember one positive thing he ever did, nor can I remember a game he ever played.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Being a Buc fan and a member of this board I learned one thing to be a fact. Fans love to find one player to hate. Recently, its gone from Talib, to Freeman, to Blount, and Mike Williams. So who is next?

Bowers will be in the mix for sure.  If you can't succeed with Lovie as your coach on D, you are not succeeding.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry, I thought you meant who do we “personally” hate, haha hence why I said Luke Stocker. to appropriately answer the question, I could see either Bowers or a rookie that people don’t like the pick. Drafts normally cause dissension if fans have a certain pick they want in that spot, and when their player is not chosen for someone else, the disappointment is put on the chosen player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

nominees include: Bowers, Stocker, Crabtree (wait if he gets injured again), Nicks (when he gets put on IR again)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers will be in the mix for sure.  If you can't succeed with Lovie as your coach on D, you are not succeeding.

Yeah, here's who I get the sense fans are bout to or have already turned on:1) Bowers (completely justified, like 10lbass just said, if he can't succeed on THIS DL with Lovie as your coach, you suck)2) Goldson (I don't mind his play style one bit, many do)3) Foster (haters gonna hate, I like him)4) Banks (CB's are easy to pick on)and whoever wins the QB battle, McCown OR Glennon, I could see them getting a REAL short leash, but that's the NFL these days, so that one may be obviousedit: Barron also seems to get a lot of hate around here, but I think he's in for a huge season to shut em up

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dont hate Goldson, hate the NFL and their new rules…..no wait, hate all of the ex players who sued the NFL from playing a game they knew was dangerous and blew their money. The NFL is getting softer and softer by the day I just hope it puts it foot down soon.Players like Goldson are part of the reason I fell in love with the Bucs(John Lynch) and fell in love with defensive minded teams. 3 years ago Goldson would be your favorite player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Goldson – Rightfully so.Stocker - WIll probably not even be on the roster opening day.Bowers - If he makes the roster and continues to flounder, he will draw ire.Clayborn - No reason why he should not be better this year. If he continues to be streaky, then people will turn against him.Michael Johnson - people get caught up in the sack # too much. If he isn't at or near double digits, then there will be some negativity thrown his way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dont hate Goldson, hate the NFL and their new rules.....no wait, hate all of the ex players who sued the NFL from playing a game they knew was dangerous and blew their money. The NFL is getting softer and softer by the day I just hope it puts it foot down soon.Players like Goldson are part of the reason I fell in love with the Bucs(John Lynch) and fell in love with defensive minded teams. 3 years ago Goldson would be your favorite player.

Is it the NFL's fault that he is poor in coverage and misses the most tackles of any secondary he is a part of?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see it being Leonard Johnson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

did fans just "find" those players to hate or did those players give the fans something to hate?Your comment makes it sound like fans' feelings about those players are unjustified or somehow contrived?  Wouldn't you expect a customer getting a crappy product to be unhappy with the producers of the products when the producers did a poor job because they were busy acting like idiots? Just apply the same facts to any other consumer scenario. For example, what if you paid someone to clean your car and they did a crappy job because they were drunk? If you got upset in that scenario would that mean you "found" a  reason to "hate" the car cleaner? Or, would that mean the car cleaner was worthy of your scorn?  Wouldn't it be even worse if you knew the car cleaner actually had some talent, but was just pissing it away?In the Madden-esque world of football fandom, players are only stats (and, oddly, sometimes only their best stats over a limited period of time) . . . but that's not the real world. In the real world, players are constantly changing, young guys make dumb mistakes early.  Some fail as a  result and disappear (Freeman?). Some later correct their past failings under different circumstances.  Your list a bunch of young guys with some level of pissed away talent.  Future success does not mean they were capable of the same thing here and each of those guys fully deserved the "hate" they brought on themselves BECAUSE THEY WERE THE ONES IN CONTROL, right? Mike Williams could've conducted himself like Vincent Jackson. He chose not to (once he got a lot of $), despite many warnings.  Same scenarios (roughly) for the others .. .  they were all in control of their own fate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers and Goldson. If goldson plays lights out that could change though

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whoever the first round pick is because 3 seconds after Goodell makes the announcement, there will be multiple threads labeled “Wasted pick!!!” 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whoever the first round pick is because 3 seconds after Goodell makes the announcement, there will be multiple threads labeled "Wasted pick!!!"

lol, true

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dont hate Goldson, hate the NFL and their new rules.....no wait, hate all of the ex players who sued the NFL from playing a game they knew was dangerous and blew their money. The NFL is getting softer and softer by the day I just hope it puts it foot down soon.Players like Goldson are part of the reason I fell in love with the Bucs(John Lynch) and fell in love with defensive minded teams. 3 years ago Goldson would be your favorite player.

Is it the NFL's fault that he is poor in coverage and misses the most tackles of any secondary he is a part of?

We all know the hate is because of the personal fouls for "illegal hits"........as far as coverage goes, i wont blame any player for suckage as long as schiano was coaching.

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

I had such high hopes for Nicks that it pains me every season to be stuck in this repetitive cycle of throwing big $ at him for no results.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MC80 before Talib! “The check is already in the bank”.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We all know the hate is because of the personal fouls for "illegal hits"........as far as coverage goes, i wont blame any player for suckage as long as schiano was coaching.

With quite a few fans, his overall play draws much criticism....including his inability to adapt...something it seems that only he and Meriweather are having a problem with. Dirty players whose selfish desire to hurt players have no place in this league, and Goldson will soon be weeded out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whoever the first round pick is because 3 seconds after Goodell makes the announcement, there will be multiple threads labeled "Wasted pick!!!"

Thread winner.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm still not done hating Myron Lewis

Good choice. Kenyatta Walker, for me!!Current Buc would be Stocker.

Please wait…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.