Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

It does appear we have a franchise QB who lives for ball and loves the stage and has the tools mentally and physically to be an absolute stud for us for the first time in our lives. Uncle Stan and Prefer have to be smiling their monkey azzes off!!  LOL!I know I just feel giddy today.

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

Weren't you clowning Winston at every opportunity during the draft process and over the summer???????????

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unfortunately some people would rather dig their heels in and “be right” about predicting a bust

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The possibilities make me smile my arse off. Maybe only preseason but I enjoyed a game at RJS for the first time in ages… Watched my fav team on 3rd and 20 take a shot to the EZ for a score instead of playing pussy. Was fun last night for a change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First time in forever it seems like………..It's a great time to be a Buccaneers fan. Just need the defense to keep improving.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought this was a nice picture and in the absence of a quality big back why not get the hometown boy in Tampa? Nice to see Winston and James together. CNRNGOVWcAASv4B.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unfortunately some people would rather dig their heels in and "be right" about predicting a bust

It's kind of sick, actually. Some would rather the Bucs be in a perpetual state of suck, which I can only guess is to gain sympathy for being a lowly Bucs fan. From who exactly? I have no idea. It's almost narcissistic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought this was a nice picture and in the absence of a quality big back why not get the hometown boy in Tampa?

because wed still be looking for a quality big back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m grinning from ear to ear on this D.  We’re stuffing the run with a cover 2, and Coach Lovie Smith take away D is back.  I wasn’t too sure last year.  I’m thinking we’re just seeing the tip of the iceberg with this D.And yes, famous Jamies is doing good things.  He developed in game last week; and, showed week to week improvement this week.  There was definitely some throws to like last night.More grinning is Dougie Martin; he's ba ack!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The possibilities make me smile my arse off. Maybe only preseason but I enjoyed a game at RJS for the first time in ages... Watched my fav team on 3rd and 20 take a shot to the EZ for a score instead of playing pussy. Was fun last night for a change.

It was the first game in YEARS where I felt like I was watching a real NFL team. Bucs still have a long ways to go and I expect another tough year this season, but glimpses like last night give me hope for the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weren't you clowning Winston at every opportunity during the draft process and over the summer???????????

Who cares? A lot of people didn't want Winston. A lot of people didn't want Evans. The difference is once players are Bucs, you should be happy about it and root for a win. Let Boid be happy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All we should be wanting as of right now is stready week to week improvement from Jameis and that is exactly what we got last night. Nobody should be expecting a Tom Brady like statline just yet. When was the last team our offense came out and scored a TD on the first drive of a game? 5 years ago?

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

Who cares? A lot of people didn't want Winston. A lot of people didn't want Evans. The difference is once players are Bucs, you should be happy about it and root for a win. Let Boid be happy.

Huh? I guess you did not see the incredibly unreasonable responses from said fans after Winston first pre season game. Some on here were absolutely giddy about him looking mediocre just so they could say "I told you so!".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am grinning from ear to ear after last night’s performance, but I am still hesitant to go all in and call Winston a franchise QB…we thought we had that before when Freebase threw 25 TD’s and 5 ints over a full season.Jaboo improved from game 1 to game 2...bravo...exactly what we had all hoped to see. Now, we get to see how much he progresses from game 2 to game 3. I expect more progression. I will admit that last nights performance provided more hope the upcoming season...but, I think it was because of several reasons; the D, playcalling, QB play, Martin's return, and much better team effort to on the field. The pragmatic approach is what I am sticking with...there will be games with good QB play and there will games with not so good QB play. An even keel is needed for the season ahead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Winston is going to keep his head on straight. If that happens I really do believe he’s going to win us a Super Bowl eventually. He’s by far the most talented QB we’ve had in a long time (if not ever) And his skill set translates well at NFL level unlike most QB prospects from the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Count me as one of those Buc fans who are grinning from ear to ear.Been watching a lot of old Buc games (all wins) recently, and Winston showed more QB skills than anything I had seen in recent (2010 and forward) Buc games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It does appear we have a franchise QB who lives for ball and loves the stage and has the tools mentally and physically to be an absolute stud for us for the first time in our lives. Uncle Stan and Prefer have to be smiling their monkey azzes off!!  LOL!I know I just feel giddy today.

I don't know how one could be disappointed - especially with the decent/average Oline performance, the D in general, and some ST play being decent to good.  Gotta be giddy. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs FINALLY put a decent product on the field! Sure helps when a team believes in the OC and QB. Winston won't stop until he's great -- and his energy is contagious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First time in forever it seems like...........It's a great time to be a Buccaneers fan. Just need the defense to keep improving.

It is the first time.  Winston will be an absolute stud.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

THIS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are all of us TRUE Buc fans ready for all the bandwagonning, frontrunner fans that are going to be joining the ranks in the next 5 years?? Mainly “young kid” fans….Last night's game felt "big time".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are all of us TRUE Buc fans ready for all the bandwagonning, frontrunner fans that are going to be joining the ranks in the next 5 years?? Mainly "young kid" fans....Last night's game felt "big time".

If there's frontrunners, then it means the team is winning... so I'm all for it! The more the merrier.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs FINALLY put a decent product on the field! Sure helps when a team believes in the OC and QB. Winston won't stop until he's great -- and his energy is contagious.

can't put a price tag on it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boid’s been a Winston skeptic but has never outright been against him. I think everyone knows that what makes Winston great will also be what gets him in trouble on occasion. But last night was great. Whole team looked prepared and fired up.Honestly wonder how much of it had to do with seeing the ESPN cameras and monday night atmosphere despite not having a huge crowd. Team looked amped and showed up big, especially the young guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe this situation will be much like the mccoy vs suh debate. Both will probably be pretty good qbs. Each with their own skillsets. Imo, picking either would have been a win for us fans. Im just glad lovie and co did the right thing and drafted a qb. Sitting though a glennon led team would be uber boring, and also much like watching the last two seasons once again.I like winston as a qb, and i love that he brings passion to a team that has lacked that aspect for many years (probably before gru was canned). We needed that, and now we have it. Now tampa (lovie, licht, and koetter) has to make it work for them.As long as winston keeps his head in the game, we should be watching a competitive team weekly.They need to sell the farm for some protection, get some legitimate speed out there, and keep winston healthy. If they can do those things, the team is set offensively.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boid's been a Winston skeptic but has never outright been against him. I think everyone knows that what makes Winston great will also be what gets him in trouble on occasion. But last night was great. Whole team looked prepared and fired up.Honestly wonder how much of it had to do with seeing the ESPN cameras and monday night atmosphere despite not having a huge crowd. Team looked amped and showed up big, especially the young guys.

Blame Jameis!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wasnt thrilled when we drafted him but Im coming around…Loved it after the game when the reporter asked about his ankle injury and he said this isnt about me its about bringing a win to tampa and rayjay

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought this was a nice picture and in the absence of a quality big back why not get the hometown boy in Tampa? Nice to see Winston and James together. CNRNGOVWcAASv4B.jpg

I think ALL of our RB's are better than him. He sat on the PS all last season, and any team could of snatched him if they wanted him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think ALL of our RB's are better than him. He sat on the PS all last season, and any team could of snatched him if they wanted him.

Not sure I agree after watching Wilder running short yardage plays for a TD for Cincinnati.  I remember 4 straight shots from the one yard line by the Bucs and they couldn't make just one little yard!    Wilder had no problem with a 2 point conversion.I think if the Bengals release him he would be worth a tryout in Tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because he is awful, he was a big kid in high school  ( saw him come over here to Bryant stadium and just whoop up on the Dreadnaughts, as he ran high which he never fixed) who dominated, then should have played linebacker at FSU, he does not have the talent for an NFL back,  but he wanted to be like his pops, he is not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because he is awful, he was a big kid in high school  ( saw him come over here to Bryant stadium and just whoop up on the Dreadnaughts, as he ran high which he never fixed) who dominated, then should have played linebacker at FSU, he does not have the talent for an NFL back,  but he wanted to be like his pops, he is not.

Don't disagree with your analysis and I agree he does run too high but that doesn't change the fact that he seems to be able to get those 1 -3 short yardage plays that Bucs haven't had since Alstott.  Yes, Blount gave us hope but when the guy tried to emulate Martin he failed miserably. Again the Bucs faced with 4 straight shots at the one yard line couldn't make it in something Wilder did twice with Cincy inside the toughest short yardage part of the field.  I also believe that Wilder is a good special teams player.    Understand, I am not remotely suggesting the Bucs trade for him but if he is released I think it would be a chance worth taking.  What is to lose? Unless something changes in the next pre season games, I don't believe that the Bucs have a short yardage back. THEY WERE AWFUL ON THOSE 4 TRIES AT THE GOAL LINE! I believe those 4 shots were deliberate to see if they had anyone that could make one yard and they failed!

Looks Like Cincy sees the same thing I do!http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/5/25/8654757/storyline-of-interest-james-wilder-jr-at-fullbackThat being said it appears he may not make the 53 man roster which is why I made my suggestion..http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/7/24/9031149/bengals-like-james-wilder-jr-but-53-man-roster-is-unlikely

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think this fits…https://vine.co/v/ejpK06eOFDehttps://vine.co/v/ejdFxw0PxQQ

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boid… Monday nights game got me the most excited I have been since I can remember. However I’m still a skeptic. I have been fooled before. I want to see this happen during the regular season. Remember how many games last year did we start well but finished looking like the team took 12 steps back in the second half. Or it's the reverse where the team looks awful in the first half and them looks great in the second half but the deficit is way too much to overcome at that point. I just want to see this team take a good step forward and get some serious confidence going. Not just from the team but for the fanbase too. I want to come on here and have most of the fans predicting wins. And rightfully predicting wins. Because were that good. I miss those days.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My reservations have primarily been with Lovie much more than the players (outside of WR depth – I still maintain that WR’s #3 through 6 wouldn’t even be on an NFL team if they weren’t on the Bucs).  I’ll get giddy when Lovie proves he’s a good coach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve watched this kid and hated him at FSU, only because I’m a UM fan.But now that he's OUR QB, I love it. He's smart, he studies, and after spending some time with some ex-Bucs, I think his heart is totally into become one of the greats. Between the defense, Doug Martin v2.0, and Winston I'm looking forward to this season more so than the past 5, believe me.And for all you Mariota fans, I hate to break this to you but Lovie is going to brutalize the poor kid in game one. Hopefully McCoy doesn't get tired of using the poor kid as a bench the whole game because our DL will smother him.

Please wait…

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.