Simple question

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

leonard johnson too, he is bad

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

simple answer, they havent been replaced.  the backup punter shanked a couple kicks last night.gilkey didnt look half bad at G.  he had one snap at winstons head - is that terribly high?  he had one missnap under C - do we know whos problem that was?  do i want him as backup C?  no.  but im not sure he was flat awful.

Please wait…

• caso03

Participant

It can’t be that hard to find a punter. If your profession is to kick a ball really far, and you’re in the top 5 in salary amongst punters, then you better be a top 5 punter. I’m not being the least bit unreasonable on this. There is not one postive of having Koenen on this team. Call up the Rowdies. I’ll bet ya they have a guy that can punt a ball further than Koenen. Let’s not make his job too complicating

Please wait…

• caso03

Participant

Maybe if Gilkey cut his stupid hair and got rid of those stuid tattoos I wouldn’t hate him so much

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So true. 3rd and long. Just throw it to whoever 29 is covering. It's a disturbing trend.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

simple answer, they havent been replaced.  the backup punter shanked a couple kicks last night.gilkey didnt look half bad at G.  he had one snap at winstons head - is that terribly high?  he had one missnap under C - do we know whos problem that was?  do i want him as backup C?  no.  but im not sure he was flat awful.

I think they give Smidth a shot to take the job from Konan. Three more games to prove himself. It was windy at the game so maybe that affected the punting, who knows.I havnt rewatched the game, but that Gilk snap was over Winstons head I think. And he rolled that other snap on the ground. Its hard to think of excuises for either one of those miscues.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

So true. 3rd and long. Just throw it to whoever 29 is covering. It's a disturbing trend.

I tend to agree but after Jenkins looked so bad last night, Johnson might have a shot at sticking around.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

They need to move moore to the slot, they are set on the outside..and cut Johnson

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Duh, because there are no better opt….Oh hell, i couldnt say it with a straight face.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im going  to go out on a limb. I don’t  think its koenen. Its what  they are asking him to kick high and try to give  no return. Guy was a pro bowl punter. Leave  it to lovie to ruin that as well. Hes as stubborn  as ever. Every  game the other team has  great field  position.  I directly  blame this staff  for a ridiculous  coaching  style that literally  no one else does

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Im going  to go out on a limb. I don't  think its koenen. Its what  they are asking him to kick high and try to give  no return. Guy was a pro bowl punter. Leave  it to lovie to ruin that as well. Hes as stubborn  as ever. Every  game the other team has  great field  position.  I directly  blame this staff  for a ridiculous  coaching  style that literally  no one else does

With Konoan its a money thing. They can easily find a guy to punt as well as he does for less money.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Maybe if Gilkey cut his stupid hair and got rid of those stuid tattoos I wouldn't hate him so much

Sounds personal.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Im going  to go out on a limb. I don't  think its koenen. Its what  they are asking him to kick high and try to give  no return. Guy was a pro bowl punter. Leave  it to lovie to ruin that as well. Hes as stubborn  as ever. Every  game the other team has  great field  position.  I directly  blame this staff  for a ridiculous  coaching  style that literally  no one else does

I hate this explanation, but you could be right. Koenenhas stated the same thing himself as well. There was at least one good punt last night, but it was returned for 30 yards. Maybe this is why he is asked for hang time vs distance. For Top-5 $$$ I think he should give us both though. Or we need better kick coverage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Assuming Koenen is instructed to kick this way, which Scott Smith at Buccaneers.com alluded in one of his videos…it still doesn’t justify Koenen’s salary.  They can bring in a punter for the fraction of the cost for hang time.Gilikey is on thin ice giving that Dotson is injured.  Omameh is more likely to make the team now and he can kick inside if needed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I havnt rewatched the game, but that Gilk snap was over Winstons head I think.

im pretty sure it was right at his facemask.

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.