Participant

Any ideas?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Glazers being busy with the death of their father

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could be. A lot of other teams have most of their picks signed, so it seems a little odd, that’s all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Id be more concerned under the old CBA.  These guys pretty much know what they will be making based on draft slot.  Not like it kept them out of OTAs, so as long as they are done by camp all should be good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glazers being busy with the death of their father

Interesting take. I wonder if they have a time frame.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

No timeframe, I just think it set them back a few weeks, and in that time, the team did not want to discuss money with them.  Additionally, because the amount of assets involved, there most likely has been a lot of paperwork keeping them busy, that takes center stage above and beyond the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No timeframe, I just think it set them back a few weeks, and in that time, the team did not want to discuss money with them.  Additionally, because the amount of assets involved, there most likely has been a lot of paperwork keeping them busy, that takes center stage above and beyond the Bucs.

Absolutely. You can't blame them if that's the case.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I just hope there is no in-fighting amongst the family members.  As good as a Irrevocable Trust as Malcolm might have had, I have seen very wealthy families torn apart post death of the patriarch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Usuallly the picks are signed closer to training camp, no surprise

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just hope there is no in-fighting amongst the family members.  As good as a Irrevocable Trust as Malcolm might have had, I have seen very wealthy families torn apart post death of the patriarch.

Sad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Usuallly the picks are signed closer to training camp, no surprise

Yup. A lot of higher draft picks are still unsigned. Jumping the gun here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

are you suggesting that Light doesn't have authority to sign the checks?

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

The biggest ballers get signed last.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont know for sure but wouldn’t they have to cut three players on the roster to make room for the draft picks?If thats the case they are probably waiting untill after the mini camp next week to evalute who they have to cut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cheap ass Glazers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With the CBA is just doesn’t matter.Case in point, Clowney signs today...  Completely 'out of order'.I would guess after mini camp next week would be the time they'll focus on it,

Please wait…

• vlagatta

[are you suggesting that Light doesn't have authority to sign the checks?

I'm suggesting every expenditure over 1M requires their personal involvement.  As it does for the Bucs Legal Dep, which by the way is the largest in the NFL.  Additionally, the Controller signs the checks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s kind of a Bucs tradition for them to get in just in front of TC. No biggie, IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You also have to factor in the draft being pushed back a few weeks, so there’s a few weeks extra/lost that could be causing a few more “late” signings.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It could be a simple as getting their schedules lined up with the agents. Jason took a few days off recently also I was told. He was at OTAs last week. But regardless (or irregardless just cause I like to make some people’s head spin) there should be ZERO concern. These guys will be signed prior to camp. It would be better before mandatory mini-camp though, but still no reason to be concerned.

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.