Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• Buc45

Participant

Because this area is purely about the scouts… We as fans can pick apart the big names rounds 1-3 as we have seen them on TV or highlights on youtube.  These rounds are for players who often don’t have highlight reels and as much media attention.  It seems like every year at this time we look at the best available lists from all the websites and meltdown when they take someone we know little about.  Most of the players are filling special teams roles and we hope provide quality depth.  Pretty hard to get the scoop on these guys from our position as fans. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I kind of disagree. A lot of guys who this board has hyped on day 3 have turned out to be steals. Just off the top of my head Vontaze Burfict and Greg Hardy are guys that we clamored for in the past.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4-UDFAs on average require a minimum of 2 seasons (on average) to be ready to play in the NFL.  These guys will have something they're looking for but are incomplete as players.  We are seeing how this offense is shaping up to be...  Maybe some more clues today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sometimes the clamoring is because they see there ranking and they want to fill a need…not because they know much about the player’s potential.  Burfict was a very well-known commodity, however.  Also, I think the guys people call for end up (a much higher percentage of the time) being busts than anything else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4-UDFAs on average require a minimum of 2 seasons (on average) to be ready to play in the NFL.  These guys will have something they're looking for but are incomplete as players.  We are seeing how this offense is shaping up to be...  Maybe some more clues today.

someone really tracked the time it takes or an UDFA to be ready to play in the NFL? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our problem is that usually the guys we draft are the “too small, too slow, not insanely productive” TE types. Guys who look like a 3rd day pick. Our results say we’ve gotten 3rd day results. 3rd day you want to see the insanely productive but bad measurables types (hell Michael Sam) or the looks like King Kong plays like Fay Raye types or the too stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time. Risk/reward picks. Picking guys and saying "he'll help on teams" is a way to get guys not good enough to make the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here comes a punter!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Strictly BPAYes we need a Guard or two, but you cannot force that upon yourself this late in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here comes a punter!

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here comes a punter!

Lol

Hahaha... Come on Jason Licht, don't pull a 'Brent Bowden over Greg Hardy' today

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last two picks are a perfect example of this… Saunders and Stork were not even on PR’s draft preview…no mention of them. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our problem is that usually the guys we draft are the "too small, too slow, not insanely productive" TE types. Guys who look like a 3rd day pick. Our results say we've gotten 3rd day results. 3rd day you want to see the insanely productive but bad measurables types (hell Michael Sam) or the looks like King Kong plays like Fay Raye types or the too stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time. Risk/reward picks. Picking guys and saying "he'll help on teams" is a way to get guys not good enough to make the team.

Agree with this 100%. Remember when we used to take guys like Stroughter or Preston Parkers who had these risks but were solid players in college? Feel like we’ve gone away from that and just picked very meh players. If I’m picking this late, I want to boom or bust dudes.If he's there in the 7th, Purifoy would be a solid pick. First round talent with off field issues beyond belief but what else are you going to get in the 7th? Practice squad linebacker?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just wait. I think L&L go defense unless they feel that Murray at QB could compete with Glennon. There will be more FA guards by late July as they get released.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meltdowns have started…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its hard getting away from 4-12

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just off the top of my head Vontaze Burfict and Greg Hardy are guys that we clamored for in the past.

Burfict was a R1 prospect until he went all stupid. His combine and pro day just compounded the issue and he fell out of the draft completely.Totally different than some late round prospect pimped by JDub (ie Chad Spann)

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.