Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 49 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bucs needed depth during a title hunt.

Injuries are going to Jack this year up…

Should have drafted anyone but him. Anyone.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Whuuuuu…? A third string qb in the 2nd? Really important…

• Boid Fink

Participant

Really dumb. Glad you get it. I’ve said this from jump and will continue to do so. They need depth that has upside, not a third string QB. Such a lazy, wasteful pick. Bucs should look to trade this guy for a second or a player with some depth upside.

This was a garbage pick. Like Vaughn was. Just accept it and be a Buc fan and not a gator fan. Fuck the gators on this board.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Let it go, man…

• Boid Fink

Participant

No way. Are you nuts? This was a dumb ass pick and admit it. You know it was.

You say with honesty that it was, and I will barely let it go.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Passing on Elijah Moulden was a critical fail. He is super scrappy especially in the slot.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yup. Sigh. I warned some of you gator honks. This is a Bucs board. That shut means nothing here.

• Donkey

Participant

Yes it is a Bucs board and Trask is now a Buc so why wouldn’t you root for him to become a quality QB for this team? Was it a bad pick? Maybe but none of us know at this point and there is no going back. The fan bases of good teams don’t have melt downs over who their team drafts to be their back up/developmental QB. Yet we do. Remember when we drafted Mike Glennon?

• vicious00cycle

Participant

Boid, I think everyone already knows your stance on the pick. By all means, keep shouting from the mountain top but all you’ll accomplish at BEST is surround yourself in an ‘echo-chamber’ of those with a similar opinion. Waste of energy, but you do you, man.

• Boid Fink

Participant

No, it has brought you out. So this is far more than an echo chamber. He is a point being made for people who think a man can do no wrong. It is okay to reinforce an opinion you think may have ramifications for a teams winning ways. If you disagree, you are allowed. It’s funny when people turn to shut heads in the process of explaining themselves. Often, it has nothing to do with football.

Boid, I think everyone already knows your stance on the pick. By all means, keep shouting from the mountain top but all you’ll accomplish at BEST is surround yourself in an ‘echo-chamber’ of those with a similar opinion. Waste of energy, but you do you, man.

• Boid Fink

Participant

You guys cannot understand why I loathe this pick do you?

Suddenly, after one measley game in an EXTENDED season, the secondary looks thinner, and marginally so. They should have drafted depth.

Offensive line injuries happen constantly. Brady is the only reason the Bucs win again, but he doesn’t deserve a contingency plan to support him if one of his enforcers goes down?

Linebackers get banged up. Don’t they need some upside players there?

Should have drafted proper depth. Not Kyle Chomp Honk Trask. Such a tragic and short sighted waste in an important season.

No go watch your conspiracy videos.

• vicious00cycle

Participant

No, we get why you loathe the pick… Because you continue to reinforce your opinions over and over and over and over again. What is the hill you’re willing to die on here? Trask flames out and you were ‘right’ all along?? Swallow that pride before you choke on it. Or don’t. As I said, you do you. This will be my last response regarding any thread you start with sharing your opinions on Trask.

• Pennywise

Participant

Fink was obviously ignored as a child ,

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

ZZzzzzz we get it, we don’t need 34 threads on you bitching about the same thing over and over.

• Mark Alsott

Participant

Can’t you even make a topic’s title make sense?

“Why did the Buc a draft Trask now?”

SMH… people like you cannot be taken seriously. You are acting like a buffoon, and that’s why other posters are treating you like one. For you to think that you know better than BA and his staff is beyond absurd. You are simply a fan, just like the rest of us. You don’t know better than a group of professionals. You are deluded.

Do yourself, and us, a favor by standing down on this ridiculous topic. If you don’t, we’ll simply continue to bash your idiocy.

• seekpar

Participant

Alstott up the gut!!!

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

Trask was a wasted pick.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Fairly simple thing to say and the Trask-a-Holics get their asses chaffed when you talk crap about what a spectacular waste of a pick this was, given the Bucs title window run and the need for depth. Some backups are already exposed as being trash. Bucs could have drafted anyone, literally anyone except a kicker or QB and it would have been more palatable. This is an awful selection. I think the high of being a complete homer has passed them by and reality is sinking in…this was an awful pick. Bucs needed depth and got it in one area that it isn’t needed.

Trask was a wasted pick.

• Greattimes

Participant

It is called planning for the future. I am sure when the Bucs drafted Trask they knew they had to draft a QB for the future. They looked at the college landscape and figured that Trask could be the best option over the next 2 years.
      Now I know a lot of posters don’t believe in planning for the future. Happens in everyday life. People don’t put money away for retirement and end up bagging groceries. Others quit school,, get hooked on drugs, get in a life of crime and can’t get a job that pays more than the minimum wage.
      The NFL is a business. Between 2003 and 2020, Buc teams had a losing record most years. That meant a loss of revenue because of reduced ticket sales, concessions, parking and advertising. That is a lot of lost revenue. That is why it is important to plan for the future like the Bucs did when they drafted Trask.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Planning for the future when you need depth during a super bowl run is much much less important when you consider the player and the other needs the team has. I would rather have another title than Trask, and Trask reduces the chances because he eats a roster spot for nothing. He isn’t the future. He is a backup. SuperBowl depth for a good team > Trask grooming mission. Stupid pick.

And if you are a gator homer, stay in your lane.

It is called planning for the future. I am sure when the Bucs drafted Trask they knew they had to draft a QB for the future. They looked at the college landscape and figured that Trask could be the best option over the next 2 years.
      Now I know a lot of posters don’t believe in planning for the future. Happens in everyday life. People don’t put money away for retirement and end up bagging groceries. Others quit school,, get hooked on drugs, get in a life of crime and can’t get a job that pays more than the minimum wage.
      The NFL is a business. Between 2003 and 2020, Buc teams had a losing record most years. That meant a loss of revenue because of reduced ticket sales, concessions, parking and advertising. That is a lot of lost revenue. That is why it is important to plan for the future like the Bucs did when they drafted Trask.

• Greattimes

Participant

^^
      And the owners and front office disagree with you. They don’t want another 15 plus years of losing that drafting for the moment causes.

• seekpar

Participant

I’m not a Gator honk, far from it.

Just stop it about Trask already.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I know they disagree. But if it takes 15 years, then the problem is intrinsic. Thank god for Brady. 12 is the best thing to happen to Tampa since Sapp and Brooks.

^^
      And the owners and front office disagree with you. They don’t want another 15 plus years of losing that drafting for the moment causes.

• The Golden God

Participant

Dude, you are exhausting.

I don’t know why you think you need to keep making the same point. You are aware that this kid isn’t touching the starter’s job for at least 3 seasons, right? Please tell me you aren’t going to spend THREE YEARS recycling the same opinion, as if we don’t already know what you think.

Besides, you lose credibility on this point, because you people who are obsessives like you, don’t get kudos. We think your opinion comes from somewhere that is illogical and prejudiced. That’s what you don’t seem to understand. You ruined all chance of getting a pat on the back when you posted you 5,000th comment about this kid.

• Charles

Participant

Once Brady retires we are back to the Yucs.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

No way. Are you nuts? This was a dumb ass pick and admit it. You know it was.

You say with honesty that it was, and I will barely let it go.

It was a dumb pick. I also thought a kick returner in the fourth was dumb

They should have went defensive line and either defensive back or another defensive lineman in 2nd and 4th.

Edge and guard were good picks

• LVBUC2

Participant

If I am correct there will be a 2022 season and a 2023. Even if TB12 plays 5 more year the Bucs are going to have to deal with the cap. Trask will be a very in expensive back up for the next 3 years.

• Iowabucfan

Participant

This again? I guess it’s too late to ask you all to get over it.

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Corinthians 3:17

• Boid Fink

Participant

This again yes. Stop whining about how I’m whining.

Convince me it’s a good pick or otherwise be silent.

I love the Bucs. This was a bad idea.Bucs are already banged up.

I told you all that called me names. Now stfu and eat it.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Where are you short sighted non-football-knowing fans at now?

• seekpar

Participant

…blah blah blah Trask blah blah blah…

• theknees

Participant

If it’s truly a 4 year plan, he may work out. It’s starting to really feel like Brady will be here through 2023.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Blah blah blah why you mad though blah blah blah…

• TCB2W!

Participant

Blah blah blah why you mad though blah blah blah…

See that’s exactly what I meant in the other thread. Maybe you need to go to a safe space.

• BucsWin31

Participant

I know folks are tired of Boid talking about this but he’s right. Some didn’t want to believe it in the beginning but we may see it today against the Falcons. They told us the Bucs don’t have any holes….they brought everyone back. It was a “free pick”. The Bucs used a SECOND ROUND pick on a QB that is currently third on the depth chart. That alone screams waste. Our corners minus Davis have been shaky from the jump. Yes they played well towards the end of last season but we all knew there was no QUALITY depth there. Now we have possibly 2 corners out today and what? Jamel Dean (who still continually gets abused) is supposed to cover #1s now? Come on guys. Yes we will hope for the best with Trask but it was a terrible decision. Bucs tried to be cute in the second round and it’s already biting them in the ass.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Amen. Hallelujah.

I know folks are tired of Boid talking about this but he’s right. Some didn’t want to believe it in the beginning but we may see it today against the Falcons. They told us the Bucs don’t have any holes….they brought everyone back. It was a “free pick”. The Bucs used a SECOND ROUND pick on a QB that is currently third on the depth chart. That alone screams waste. Our corners minus Davis have been shaky from the jump. Yes they played well towards the end of last season but we all knew there was no QUALITY depth there. Now we have possibly 2 corners out today and what? Jamel Dean (who still continually gets abused) is supposed to cover #1s now? Come on guys. Yes we will hope for the best with Trask but it was a terrible decision. Bucs tried to be cute in the second round and it’s already biting them in the ass.

• GoBeSmug

Participant

Yeah they should have drafted Aaron Robinson, he was taken about 5 picks later. He was the first CB taken after Trask.

He would be real helpful right now, because he is killing it on the Giants PUP list lol.

Any player taken with the last pick of the second Rd probably wasn’t going to contribute. Had they gone secondary the guy drafted would be on PUP right now.

• seekpar

Participant

20/20 hindsight is crystal clear.

• Boid Fink

Participant

No, this isn’t hindsighting. It’s football. Bucs were very very very lucky to remain fairly healthy. I knew it wouldn’t last. It rarely does. Depth is important during a title hunt. A third string inactivated developmental QB is not. Be smarter than this Seek. I know you can be. Ignore my hatred for the pick. It wasn’t as nearly as bad as when the racist was here and spewing vile trash, and you didn’t lay into him once. Fucking pathetic.

20/20 hindsight is crystal clear.

• seekpar

Participant

What if they drafted a lineman at 64? How would that help the secondary today? Just sayin’.

PS. Let’s FN gooooooooooooooo!!!!

• player101

Participant

The odds of drafting a franchise QB are not good even if you have a top 10 pick. Odds get much worse when you are winning superbowls and drafting at the end of the first round every year. Trask was a shot in the dark and I think it was the right thing to do for the Bucs. We have to find a post Brady QB. The Scouts obviously looked at Trask and thought he may (‘may’ like ever other guy drafted at QB) be a guy that can develop.

• BucHarbour

Participant

Did the secondary have some issues at times? Sure. Though I’d argue the most blatant stuff is being too far off the receivers again like early last season. But…Matt Ryan was on a long active streak of passes without a pick. We got 3, two of them going back for TD’s. We won 48 to 25. Amazingly enough, when the game got to within 3, we started playing tighter on the receivers. And took a commanding lead. Bowels really needs to stop playing his guys 8+ yards off the receiver. Guys like Ryan will eat you up with the short passes.

And maybe Boid needs to convince us it was a wasted pick or just stop already. I think we are getting tired of him whining that we are whining about his whining. This topic is crap. The Bucs just set an NFL record for most wins in a row of 30+ points scored. We have our franchise record 10th win in a row. But let’s whine some more about the potential future QB that we drafted. SMDH

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

If it’s truly a 4 year plan, he may work out. It’s starting to really feel like Brady will be here through 2023.

Through 2026*

Fixed.

• Greattimes

Participant

And maybe Boid needs to convince us it was a wasted pick or just stop already. I think we are getting tired of him whining that we are whining about his whining. This topic is crap. The Bucs just set an NFL record for most wins in a row of 30+ points scored. We have our franchise record 10th win in a row. But let’s whine some more about the potential future QB that we drafted. SMDH

Careful now, Boid going to start calling you names like he does to everyone else who has an opinion that differs from his.

• GoBeSmug

Participant

What secondary player should have been taken?

The Safety taken with next pick by the Jags and is barely seeing the filed, or the CB taken by Giants who is on the PUP list?

Fine you didn’t want Trask. Who did you want?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

The Safety taken with next pick by the Jags and is barely seeing the filed, or the CB taken by Giants who is on the PUP list?

I would have done this:

1 – Edge Joe Tryon
      2 – DT Milton Williams (Eagles selected him, but would have liked depth on defensive line)
      3 – OG Robert Hainsey – Ok with it
      4 – CB Marco Wilson – We have 3 starting caliber cornerbacks but thought we could use some depth/special teams here over a healthy scratch kick returner.

it’s not the end of the world but defending 2nd and 4th round picks not even dressing on the team are not good picks. I know we have a stacked roster, even though it was 28-25 at one point against a team that will be picking in the top 5 but we should have drafted for depth and by depth i mean guys that can step in if injury.

Even if injury to QB (God forbid) or WR, you will still see Gabbert, Miller, Tyler in before you see those draft picks get any playing time.

• theknees

Participant

It’s been long enough where we can all agree that Trask was a dumb pick.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

It’s been long enough where we can all agree that Trask was a dumb pick.

And that it was smart to let Winston walk?

It’s weird..

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yup. And now the Bucs have two small receivers for backup depth if Miller gets hurt, which is good. Different style of runners but both can be explosive.

But still a bad pick, when I see what could have been done. Too late now, but still doesn’t inspire a lot of faith with Lichts propensity for flagrantly making obviously head scratching selections at time.

I would have done this:

1 – Edge Joe Tryon
      2 – DT Milton Williams (Eagles selected him, but would have liked depth on defensive line)
      3 – OG Robert Hainsey – Ok with it
      4 – CB Marco Wilson – We have 3 starting caliber cornerbacks but thought we could use some depth/special teams here over a healthy scratch kick returner.

it’s not the end of the world but defending 2nd and 4th round picks not even dressing on the team are not good picks. I know we have a stacked roster, even though it was 28-25 at one point against a team that will be picking in the top 5 but we should have drafted for depth and by depth i mean guys that can step in if injury.

Even if injury to QB (God forbid) or WR, you will still see Gabbert, Miller, Tyler in before you see those draft picks get any playing time.

• Boid Fink

Participant

How has Trask looked in developing his potential?

Good thing we have him “on the burner” for our future, eh?

Dangle him as trade bait. Get another corner, linebacker, or lineman.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

How has Trask looked in developing his potential?

Good thing we have him “on the burner” for our future, eh?

Dangle him as trade bait. Get another corner, linebacker, or lineman.

lol the dude has no trade value

it was a stupid pick, nobody should be arguing with you there.

we are all in on Superbowl and anyone who thinks we will be able to replace Brady and be a Superbowl team subsequent him, i ask you to look no further than in 2019 when we had potential in Famous Jameis with a pretty talented team (sans Lenny, Gronk, AB) and still only mustered up 7 wins.

Detroit has been rebuilding for 60 years. You worry about the future after Brady retires or if he gives you like a firm date and then maybe you draft a guy (can i use pronouns here?) the year prior to his retirement.

By the looks of it, Brady isn’t guaranteed to walk away after next year unless maybe we 3 peat and he solidified his greatness for the next 1000 years.

• theknees

Participant

Lolz at Licht drafting Kyle Trask.

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.