Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• Dickens

Participant

… … Manziel.I like McCown, but he is a backup on almost every team in the nfl. Dude is 34, talked about retiring last year and is on his 6th nfl team. He has completed less than 60 percent of his passes and has thrown nearly as many picks as he has touchdowns. Every qb in this draft has question marks. So if you are going to take a shot at one, why not with the guy with the most upside? McCown can help mentor him as a human being. But I think manziel would beat McCown out for the job due to talent, not politics. And we would have depth at qb for once.I just don't understand any other pick at 7 than qb, because right now in my eyes we don't have one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It won’t happen.Jacksonville will deny us the chance to even call his name.

Please wait…

• bnjsnow

Participant

We will see in about 13 hours..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel probably wont be a good qbim praying somebody else makes that mistake before we get the chance

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel probably wont be a good qbim praying somebody else makes that mistake before we get the chance

"Probability" based on...?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

his intangibles or lack there ofhis size, Bree and Russell Wilson are the exception, not the rulehis lack of ability to play from the pocket and his struggles when teams contain him. see both times he played LSUhis lack of knowledge on how to set up protections. the Center at TAMU was responsible for protections and Manziel never had to make the callsi can go on and on. Manziel is the next Tebow, great college player who will be a bust in the NFL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He displayed your scouting report at what point in time?During the LSU game?Okay, I'll give you that.Aside from that game, your entire report is filled with failure.  He has shown the exact opposite of what you typed.  It is your bias getting in the way of reality, it happens.The guy is just as solid a prospect as any guy ever taken in the first round at QB.  The sky is the limit, and nobody knows who is bound to fail...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He displayed your scouting report at what point in time?During the LSU game?Okay, I'll give you that.Aside from that game, your entire report is filled with failure.  He has shown the exact opposite of what you typed.  It is your bias getting in the way of reality, it happens.The guy is just as solid a prospect as any guy ever taken in the first round at QB.  The sky is the limit, and nobody knows who is bound to fail...

so i imagined it when he told John Gruden on Gruden's QB camp that he doesnt call protections and knows very little about them? thats kind of important when you get to the NFL and i dont want a guy learning on the flymy statement about Brees and Wilson is also incorrect? ok, because we see so many short QBs. that isnt normal and the two of them are special playersstop getting pissy because you can see through all the bullshit with this kid

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dex is right . Dude is a huge gamble.However , if the choice is Manziel or letting Lovie waste the pick on a midget Nose Tackle , give me Manziel all day long . At least things will get exciting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so i imagined it when he told John Gruden on Gruden's QB camp that he doesnt call protections and knows very little about them? thats kind of important when you get to the NFL and i dont want a guy learning on the flymy statement about Brees and Wilson is also incorrect? ok, because we see so many short QBs. that isnt normal and the two of them are special playersstop getting pissy because you can see through all the bull**CENSORED** with this kid

Do you think this kid is going to have problem figuring things out?  Seems like a smart kid to me.  He understands what he needs to do to thrive,that is why he mentions his weaknesses,  Such as learning to slide, and to avoid big hits...You just spewed nonsense and I am not the one getting pissy.  YOU ARE.  I jusssssst pointed out your nonsense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so i imagined it when he told John Gruden on Gruden's QB camp that he doesnt call protections and knows very little about them? thats kind of important when you get to the NFL and i dont want a guy learning on the flymy statement about Brees and Wilson is also incorrect? ok, because we see so many short QBs. that isnt normal and the two of them are special playersstop getting pissy because you can see through all the bull**CENSORED** with this kid

Do you think this kid is going to have problem figuring things out?  Seems like a smart kid to me.  He understands what he needs to do to thrive,that is why he mentions his weaknesses,  Such as learning to slide, and to avoid big hits...You just spewed nonsense and I am not the one getting pissy.  YOU ARE.  I jusssssst pointed out your nonsense.

Yeah i think hes going to have a rough time figuring it out. guys dont change their game overnight. his game is predicated on him being able to scramble around and make something out of nothing. ill concede that hes probably the best improv qb ive ever seen but you can rely on that in the NFLhes too much of a gamble and im just not interested in putting my chips down on him. Dolorous has a point, its better to pick him than Donald but the best pick is to not make either and try to trade out of if all else fails take Mike Evans. i wouldnt be thrilled with Evans but i could live with it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why do people act like Manziel is a good QB?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tebow effect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mechanics, bad field vision, runs too soon, lack of top end accuracy,durability ..... Anything else?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy is just as solid a prospect as any guy ever taken in the first round at QB.  The sky is the limit, and nobody knows who is bound to fail...

Boid,You think he is as solid a prospect as Andrew Luck?  Or John Elway? Or Peyton Manning?  Not trying to be argumentative, but he has so many flaws.....mechanics, throwing the ball up for grabs over the middle/late...etc that I just don't see how he is as solid a prospect as they were coming out of college.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy is just as solid a prospect as any guy ever taken in the first round at QB.  The sky is the limit, and nobody knows who is bound to fail...

Boid,You think he is as solid a prospect as Andrew Luck?  Or John Elway? Or Peyton Manning?  Not trying to be argumentative, but he has so many flaws.....mechanics, throwing the ball up for grabs over the middle/late...etc that I just don't see how he is as solid a prospect as they were coming out of college.

Look deeper . Search for your inner Man Love.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think Manzeil  make it through his first year in the NFL. He is too slight, runs too much and our line will be a work in progress this year. I am not a big fan of McCown, but I think he will get the job done for a year or two. I would love to see us trade out for a two this year and a one next year. Going into next year with two ones would allow us to move up in next years draft to take one of the top QBs in a draft class that is suppose to deep in top rated QBs

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

I’m not saying Manziel is a sure thing. QB prospects rarely are. But if we’re going to gamble on one high in this draft, why not Manziel?I'm not as married to the idea of drafting Manziel as I am the idea that we do not have a good QB on our roster right now. How the hell are we supposed to win without a good QB? It's not like the QBs currently on our roster have a ton of talent to work with. One good WR. One decent TE. An O-line that has totally been revamped and what appears to be a good group of RBs (but we don't know how they're going to play in the new offense behind a revamped O-line). I just don't see how we don't address QB in the first round. And if we're going to attempt to address it, I'd rather lose with Manziel than some of these other QB prospects that have just about the same number of things to work on, but don't come with nearly as many intangibles, either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tebow effect.

thank christ im not the only person who views it this way

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Bridgewater2. Bortles3. Carr4. ManzielAny of these four and I would be happy.  Jimmy G would be alright too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have the Veteran bridge to our future QB.  He’s good enough while they (including the vet) get a new guy ready.If they do it the right way and let our new QB develop, we could very well be in for an exciting ride in 2015 and beyond.  2014 is not a year we're going to challenge for the title.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have the Veteran bridge to our future QB.  He's good enough while they (including the vet) get a new guy ready.If they do it the right way and let our new QB develop, we could very well be in for an exciting ride in 2015 and beyond.  2014 is not a year we're going to challenge for the title.

Frazier and Lovie can turn around the defense to be a spoiler and McCown can give defensive coordinators fits. So this team can do damage in 2014 but I am with you in that Lovie and Licht will need an additional year to evaluate the roster, re-sign players and have everyone at least one year of experience in the respective systems at least.  2015 is when the rubber should hit the road.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you really have to ask? He hasnt played a football game that remotely resembles what a pro offense looks like. Manziel has played the QB position like Allen Iverson played the pointguard position. Fantastic player but makes the offense himself instead of runs the offense. Asking Manziel to run a structured offense is a total unknown right now. Asking him to take a snap from under center and make plays within the pocket is a total unknown as well. Letting him be his normal self but just translated in the NFL where he wont get half the time he did in college is a total unknown, and whether he can physically last taking a beating is an unknown. Im not saying I dont like him or that I doubt him, but the guy is flat out the biggest question mark QB ive seen and shouldnt have a first round grade on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Comparing tebow to manziel = bad analysis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Comparing tebow to manziel = bad analysis.

on skillset yeswe are comparing them as guys who were great in college but we think will not fare well in the pros

Please wait…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.