Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• burger40

Participant

Seriously, it’s one game. Not impressed bit he didn’t crap the bed each drive either. One of the best things to see was he didn’t  seem to have any miscommunications or misunderstandings of plays. The protection wasn’t very good so it was good to see him ride up when his tackles were beaten and sense pressure. Also there were two very obvious PI’s that were on well thrown balls that could have sparked a drive had they either called the penalty or the defender played it legally. That back shoulder throw to evans one on one split left was a beauty throw that looked like it came from Rodgers who does it so well. I don’t like seeing the early inaccuracy and slow start especially since that was his MO in college and please don’t hear me saying it was a great first debut but considering all the factors I would rate it B-.

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Agree, Special teams needs ALOT of work, Donovan smith needs to improve, Leonard Johnson cost us points on the first drive. DLine not much pressure from starters. But im not worried yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And I almost forgot that third down throw to VJax was fit in perfectly and broken up at last second. But watch the replay. Jackson tries to let it come in and hit him in the pads. That is what allows a literally last second break up. If VJax comes out with his hands and makes the diamond that ball could have been caught to give us 1st and goal. Really disappointed that a veteran like Jackson catches with his pads as much as he does.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston played like Winston…slow start and began picking up in the 2nd.  If everyone is this puckered up off one preseason game, brace yourselves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree, Special teams needs ALOT of work, Donovan smith needs to improve, Leonard Johnson cost us points on the first drive. DLine not much pressure from starters. But im not worried yet.

Very true special teams and our secondary are very weak just like last year.  I guess I would be freaking out if I thought we were going to be title contenders, but I do not.  If the only thing that happens this year is that Winston shows that he is the real deal and are young guys pan out At least one good OL, WR and LB then I'm happy. We need another good draft and a solid one or two FA acquisitions before we can talk about division title

Please wait…

• redwolf384

Participant

Very true special teams and our secondary are very weak just like last year.  I guess I would be freaking out if I thought we were going to be title contenders, but I do not.  If the only thing that happens this year is that Winston shows that he is the real deal and are young guys pan out At least one good OL, WR and LB then I'm happy. We need another good draft and a solid one or two FA acquisitions before we can talk about division title

Yeah o line and d line didn't look to good, that's by far the biggest area of concern. Are the bucs doing any joint practices?

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Very true special teams and our secondary are very weak just like last year.  I guess I would be freaking out if I thought we were going to be title contenders, but I do not.  If the only thing that happens this year is that Winston shows that he is the real deal and are young guys pan out At least one good OL, WR and LB then I'm happy. We need another good draft and a solid one or two FA acquisitions before we can talk about division titleI don't think our secondary is that bad. SS is a concern but I think starting corners are good besides that banks sometimes looks like he could be great and sometimes looks terrible. I think Avern is a good corner and McDougald can be a really good safety in the NFL. O line, Dline, SS, and nickel corner are the 4 biggest needs in my opinion. I'm not sure about joint practices either. It would be nice to have some this week.

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

^^ Quote fail haha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No blocking, no pass rush. Just like last year. I’m worried.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously, it's one game. Not impressed bit he didn't crap the bed each drive either. One of the best things to see was he didn't  seem to have any miscommunications or misunderstandings of plays. The protection wasn't very good so it was good to see him ride up when his tackles were beaten and sense pressure. Also there were two very obvious PI's that were on well thrown balls that could have sparked a drive had they either called the penalty or the defender played it legally. That back shoulder throw to evans one on one split left was a beauty throw that looked like it came from Rodgers who does it so well. I don't like seeing the early inaccuracy and slow start especially since that was his MO in college and please don't hear me saying it was a great first debut but considering all the factors I would rate it B-.

Fully agreed. Rookie qb showed a lot of good things. I'd like to see Evans stop begging for flags and go for the ball.  Like we thought, both our lines are iffy

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.