Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• ufojoe

My subject was sarcastic. Yasinskas should be ashamed of himself. I’ve already commented on it in his comment section. Others should, too.http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/4418/keep-an-eye-on-derek-carrKeep an eye on Derek CarrMay, 8, 2014MAY 811:22AM ETBy Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.comThere’s been a lot of talk about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers perhaps drafting quarterback Johnny Manziel. I think that remains a decent possibility. But I think there’s one other scenario involving a quarterback that nobody is talking about and maybe they should be. It’s a bit outside the box, but I wouldn’t be totally shocked if the Bucs end up with Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr.Hear me out on this one because there’s logic behind it. First off, I’m not saying the Bucs would take Carr at the No. 7 slot. But I think he could become a possibility if the Bucs trade down into the middle of the first round. Carr has family history with Tampa Bay offensive coordinator Jeff Tedford. Carr’s older brother, David, was coached by Tedford in college. Tedford is bound to have some say in the decision and he could push for the Bucs to take Carr. There are several other things Carr has going for him. Most scouts seem to think Carr might be the most NFL-ready quarterback in this draft and they like his strong arm. Again, I think Manziel remains a very real possibility. But if you hear the Bucs have traded down, start thinking about Carr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

because im at work and i dont want to start drinking heavily this early

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because I like to pretend the Bucs won’t throw up all over themselves again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why talk about depressing subjects?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s not horrible.  Carr is slated to go mid-first round anyway to either Cardinals or Browns.  If the Bucs can get a couple later round picks to trade down and get Carr in the mid-teens, I’ll be ok with that.  I think Carr would be good to sit and learn behind McCown for a year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point of the post was to call out Pat. Y. for claiming to be the only one talking about Carr.As far as this being a depressing subject? To a point, I agree. But we'll know soon enough. Hoping for something else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Carr or Garoppolo after a trade down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ugh. Just freaking ugh. No more Dilfers please.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tedford might have a hard-on for the guy. That’s worrisome.Then again, maybe he knows better and thinks less of carr than we might expect.It could go either way, but I do believe there are several qb's in this draft that are just as good or better. Carr isn't horrible, but we could do better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In a trade down scenario yes. No sure we’d take Carr at #7 outright.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A part of me will celebrate if we take Manziel….because it would mean that we didn’t blow our wad on a boogawolf like Carr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s talk of the Raiders taking him at 5.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just as long as we don’t take Aunt Jemima.

Please wait…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.