Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• JC5100

Participant

I don’t get it.

• Mic

Participant

blocking/slot. its really breshad >miller

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Tyler and BP are better blockers but i agree that after yesterdays performance with their drops, Miller should get more looks

dude was clutch on that special teams force fumble

• BucHarbour

Participant

Same as above. Miller doesn’t play the slot, and Tyler is carrying the load inside for Godwin’s absence. Tyler seems to be slumping a bit right now, but has been clutch for most of the time we’ve had him. Breshad is a better blocker on the outside than Miller, which is why he’s getting more reps out there.

• BChaves8

Participant

Tyler does things Scotty can’t.

Agree would like to see Miller get a few more opportunities but the way defenses have been playing, they are not allowing anything deep so, Scottys skill set is being taken away.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I wish we would mix Scotty into the game plan a bit more. He doesn’t need a ton of reps but putting him out there to run the fly route will keep the safeties honest and open up the box for run game. He is also good at drawing PI calls on the long bombs when he doesn’t catch them.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Tyler had the one play where he pulled up too early on third down. He made other plays in the game.

Don’t have a problem with him over Scotty at all…

• seekpar

Participant

Scooter didn’t cause the fumble. It was a muffed punt. What Scooter did well was hit the guy immediately and further separate him from the ball so it could be recovered by a teammate.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Scooter didn’t cause the fumble. It was a muffed punt. What Scooter did well was hit the guy immediately and further separate him from the ball so it could be recovered by a teammate.

Scooter was huge in causing the muffed punt tho. Raeger saw him coming which caused him to panic/muff the punt. I agree though, him taking him out afterwards was huge.

listen i aint saying Scottie should be the #2 WR but he’s been coming on as of late with the limited time he’s gotten. Certainly an easy guy to root for and makes big plays on special teams no matter the role.

i think on running situations, we keep him out of the game cause Tyler and BP can block better but id be surpised if he wasnt in on more passing plays if the drops continue early next week

• ratiffshabang

Participant

I just find it interesting how much run he was getting last season (with AB), and performing very well…but now with AB gone, we are playing Perriman, Johnson, and Cyril over Miller. I understand they are bigger and better blockers, but Miller for his career has been more reliable than any of them..as well as having a certain skill set they don’t. I know he has struggled with turf toe all season and that played into the struggles early in the season…but he has looked healthy the last two games. Really think we need him on some long routes to take the top off safeties. The true deep threat has been missing since the LESS insane Brown (pre blow up)

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

as well as having a certain skill set they don’t.

What skill set does Miller have that Perriman and Grayson don’t?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Small white dude go vroom vroom

• mjs020294

Participant

We also have Darden who could be a deep threat. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Miller or Darden involved at some point next week.

• buccaneerNW

Participant

Tyler Johnson and Scotty Miller are totally different players with different skill sets. It’s situational football and slot vs. outside receiver.

• Jed

Participant

One thing for sure is Miller is back to full speed. In the last couple of games the guy is a jet.

• JC5100

Participant

Need Scooter vs this Rams defense. They will just lock up Johnson with man.

#freeScooter

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Didn’t Miller get hurt vs the Rams? I know Gronk did but I think Miller did too…

• Swash

Participant

Although the 2 guys you mention play different positions, it’s a reasonable question to ask why Miller isn’t getting more playing time. You’d think Perriman would be playing more slot over Johnson, and Miller would be out wide more. After the glowing review of Miller from BA I think we could see him more on Sunday,

• kenntak

Participant

I think Miller is a great runner on jet sweeps and after the catch. He seems to run crisp patterns, and is very quick, probably second only to Grayson.

• TURBO

Participant

I think Miller is a great runner on jet sweeps and after the catch. He seems to run crisp patterns, and is very quick, probably second only to Grayson.

but can he get open consistently?

• ratiffshabang

Participant

as well as having a certain skill set they don’t.

What skill set does Miller have that Perriman and Grayson don’t?

Consistent reliable hands, and has shiftiness to go with his speed… Perriman and Cyril are more straightline speed

• BadabingBucs

Participant

well since BP has an ingrown toenail and Grayson’s tummy hurts; looks like Scotty will have to play a big role this weekend

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Consistent reliable hands, and has shiftiness to go with his speed… Perriman and Cyril are more straightline speed

Ironically enough, both Perriman and Cyril have better catch percentages than Miller. And that’s with them averaging double and quadruple the average yards per target.

Perriman and Cyril are better blockers too.

Alas, it looks like it won’t matter tomorrow, as they’re both looking to be out.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Miller is small, like tiny small. He is good for a jet sweep or fly9. He can’t block, he would die if he got caught over the middle.

He should be returning punts. And kicks.

• kenntak

Participant

Cyril is out? That really stinks.

• mjs020294

Participant

I expect a surprise downfield pass to Darden tomorrow.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Every receiver we have not named godwin or evans is a jag.

WR needs to be a priority early in the draft next year.

Like rounds 1-3 somewhere.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.