Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 97 reply threads

• Author

• Buc45

Participant

We need to follow the Rams model… We are loaded up at offensive skills positions and we have the pieces in place (and coaching) to have a special defense. Use the money to resign our defensive players like JPP, Shaq and Suh… There are some interesting QB prospects in the first two rounds this year. I really don’t think we have to move up…

Sign a cheap veteran QB and go QB, RT and RB in the early rounds (not necessarily in that order)…

• Buc45

Participant

Having a rookie QB on a cheap deal for 4-5 years would fit this roster perfectly…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We need to follow the Rams model… We are loaded up at offensive skills positions and we have the pieces in place (and coaching) to have a special defense. Use the money to resign our defensive players like JPP, Shaq and Suh… There are some interesting QB prospects in the first two rounds this year. I really don’t think we have to move up…

Sign a cheap veteran QB and go QB, RT and RB in the early rounds (not necessarily in that order)…

agree -time for Bucs to cut their losses, but they won’t.

• bucDsystem

Participant

you do realize the RAMS model is parked in the garage just like the BUCS model for the playoffs

they had 1 good year and now are talking wholesale changes

• Buc45

Participant

That does not mean the idea of building around a rookie QB (especially since we are almost there) would not work… we are actually set up perfectly for it…

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I see no veteran that will be out there that Arians will like more than his boy Winston. And we already know he wants no part of a rookie Qb.

My dream scenario would be to roll with Griffin and he does what Case Keenum did for the Vikings a couple years ago. He’d be super cheap, KNOWS THE SYSTEM, our weapons know him, then add that we can easily keep guys like Shaq, JPP, and Suh. We could also pick up good FA’s at ol, dl, and maybe db.

• Graham

Participant

Griffin? Jfc.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Yeah, if you are going to follow a model for moving on, I like the Chiefs model a lot better.

The Rams couldn’t be in a worse spot long term, if they were named the Bengals.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Rams broke their own ‘model’ if you want to call it that. Most likely they lucked into the right circumstances, but they overpaid a RB (strike 1), overpaid a mediocre QB (strike 2) and bought into their own hype (strike 3) and now they’re toast.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Griffin? Jfc.

Yup I see a lot of Teddy Bridgewater in him.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Yeah, if you are going to follow a model for moving on, I like the Chiefs model a lot better.

As per the Chiefs comment… Alex Smith was already signed and locked in at a team friendly deal when they drafted Pat Mahomes.  The Bucs would need to re-sign Winston, and by your judgement on Winston, the Bucs would have to pay him market rate at an AAV of about $30M.  BIG DIFFERENCE between the two situations if your intention is to re-sign Winston to create a scenario equal to the Chiefs.

As per your Rams comment… You know why?  It’s because they paid their QB who wasn’t worth it.  Interesting…..

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

year. I really don’t think we have to move up…

you do realize the RAMS model is parked in the garage just like the BUCS model for the playoffs

they had 1 good year and now are talking wholesale changes

You know what, I do agree with you on the current state of the Rams, but true or false… The Rams made the playoffs the last 2 seasons and the Super Bowl last year.

Another one… The Bucs have not made the playoffs since the 2007 season.

One last one… The current state of the Rams is caused by overpaying a QB they shouldn’t have.

• Bootz2004

Blocked

The Rams model is crap. They haven’t had a 1st round pick since 2016 and won’t have another one until the 2022 draft unless they make trades. That alone is a reason to not follow their “model”.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

The Rams model is crap. They haven’t had a 1st round pick since 2016 and won’t have another one until the 2022 draft unless they make trades. That alone is a reason to not follow their “model”.

Partially true, but not really.  They do have a lot of young talent on the team and they can sustain the lack of #1’s.  The problem they have is that they invested – long term – in 2 players that they shouldn’t have… Goff and Gurley.

• BucBalla85

Participant

The D has been much stronger. Honestly if we are going to be this good on D, we dont need a guy who is turning the ball over left and right. Need more of a manager.

• Anonymous

Inactive

as do I.

Keep in mind, Alex Smith was a pro bowler QB, and his team made the playoffs when the Chiefs shipped him.

the chiefs understood Alex smiths value was never going to be higher than it was at the time, so they moved him.

• Bootz2004

Blocked

The D has been much stronger. Honestly if we are going to be this good on D, we dont need a guy who is turning the ball over left and right. Need more of a manager.

You’re kidding yourself if you think a team is winning a Superbowl with a game manager at QB. And you’re also kidding yourself if you think this defense is that good.

• Biggs3535

Participant

You’re kidding yourself if you think a team is winning a Superbowl with a game manager at QB.

Superstar QB Nick Foles agrees.

• Bootz2004

Blocked

Superstar QB Nick Foles agrees.

Foles was All-World during that playoff run. Completed 73% of his passes, passed for over 300 yards a game. Won Superbowl MVP. Are you saying that those are “game manager” numbers?

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are the first that come to mind.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Foles was All-World during that playoff run. Completed 73% of his passes, passed for over 300 yards a game. Won Superbowl MVP. Are you saying that those are “game manager” numbers?

“Game Managers” can get hot like any other QB can.  Joe Flacco proved that.

Is Nick Foles closer to a Superstar QB or a game manager?

• Bootz2004

Blocked

“Game Managers” can get hot like any other QB can. Joe Flacco proved that.

Is Nick Foles closer to a Superstar QB or a game manager?

Agreed. Game managers can get hot. Flacco was way more than a game manager. No QB with that arm is a game manager. He wasn’t drafted as such and the Ravens never treated him as such.

Foles is closer to game manager however, to your point, they have to get hot. The key to Foles winning a Superbowl MVP award was he didn’t start the entire season. Just a few games where he could let loose with no pressure. The team was already in the playoffs and playing well.

What you’d have to count on if for some stupid reason you decide as an organization “hey, we only need a game manager” is you’re counting on this guy to be good enough during the season for your team to make it to the playoffs AND better than that during the postseason to win a Superbowl. Now I see someone above posted the names Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. If you’re telling me your best examples of game managers are guys from 17-18 years ago, then you’ve proven those people who keep comparing Jameis Winston to Peyton Manning and Brett Favre right. Is that the position you’re taking?

• Biggs3535

Participant

Take the phrase “game manager” out of the discussion.  Non-HOF QB would be the better descriptor for this argument.  I’m not going to get into the weeds about Flacco being or not being a game manager, but he’s clearly not a HOF QB – like Foles.

Is it easier to win with a HOF/Superstar QB?  Obviously, yes.  Is it necessary?  Unequivocally, no.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Now I see someone above posted the names Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. If you’re telling me your best examples of game managers are guys from 17-18 years ago, then you’ve proven those people who keep comparing Jameis Winston to Peyton Manning and Brett Favre right. Is that the position you’re taking?

That was my post, and it was simply in response to yours saying it couldn’t be done.

In reference to your “eras” comment, no, again the eras are completely different (as it pertains to the Einston vs  Manning/Favre/etc.).

Which is also why I’d have my doubts on whether or not a “game manager” could get it done today.

IMO, you’d have to have a team built like San Fran or Balt to get it done. Elite defenses with even more elite running games.

• Pennywise

Participant

Gotta agree with bootz ,as much as it pains me……foles nailed it right up to the  mvp of the super bowl .

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Any team that leads with defense is going to be better off long term than those that don’t. Get your defense right and it covers up many flaws elsewhere.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Bootz2004

Blocked

That was my post, and it was simply in response to yours saying it couldn’t be done.

In reference to your “eras” comment, no, again the eras are completely different (as it pertains to the Einston vs Manning/Favre/etc.).

Which is also why I’d have my doubts on whether or not a “game manager” could get it done today.

IMO, you’d have to have a team built like San Fran or Balt to get it done. Elite defenses with even more elite running games.

Ironically, Lamar Jackson is the reason the Ravens are so lethal, leads the league in TD passes and is the likely MVP. He is also part of why their run game averages north of 200 yards a game. I don’t think Baltimore is in the position they are in without him and neither do they. Otherwise Flacco would still be there.

When I think game managers of today I think Mitch Trubisky. Josh Allen. Can you win games with QBs like this? Absolutely. But they always come up short in big games and big moments. You’ll always be limited with those type of QBs no matter how great the rest of the roster is.

• Greattimes

Participant

Would the Bucs have a better record with a game manager at QB instead of Winston?

• Bootz2004

Blocked

Would the Bucs have a better record with a game manager at QB instead of Winston?

It would definitely be worse. Far worse. The #1 thing you need if you’re using a game manager at QB is a great Oline that can run block and protect the QB. This run game isn’t good enough to run against 6 or 7 man fronts. It would suffer running against 8 man fronts. In addition, a game manager needs a good defense. This defense didn’t really start playing well until about a month ago. I don’t think we’d win the Rams shootout with a game manager. I don’t think we’d win the shootouts with the Cardinals or Colts either with a game manager.

• kenntak

Participant

Forget the term “game manager.” How about a QB who plays smart, can read coverage well, can make defenses pay for their mistakes, has a low interception percentage, can put the receivers in the best position to make plays, is very accurate, has tremendous drive, has “in the clutch” ability, and is respected by his teammates. The more of those qualities, the better.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Ironically, Lamar Jackson is the reason the Ravens are so lethal, leads the league in TD passes and is the likely MVP. He is also part of why their run game averages north of 200 yards a game. I don’t think Baltimore is in the position they are in without him and neither do they. Otherwise Flacco would still be there.
      Agreed with that.
      Maybe San Fran was the best example.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which is easier, drafting a QB who can get you to the SB in first five years or building a top ten defense and running game?

I have no idea, that’s why I ask. It seems tougher to draft one truly special player (QB) then to build two very good units,but maybe not

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs fans talking SB QB who isn’t a game manager.

How about finding a qb who brings you more wins than losses? Or maybe a playoff or two before looking to hit a grand slam with a SB Championship? Baby steps.

Some of you need to be brought back to reality occasionally – even if it’s by a casual.

• blackthoughtz

Participant

Lol.

I can’t believe some of the things I read on here sometime.

lol.

• Pennywise

Participant

Bootz you kill me….last week when we were debating MVP and lamar,you told me he has a great run game so that helps ,I responded with he leads league in td passes, and the run game is so strong because jackson is number 5 rusher in the nfl..  now you are using this as your argument as to why he is the mvp….smfh

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Some of you need to be brought back to reality occasionally – even if it’s by a lonely, no-life troll such as myself.

Thanks for the offer, but we’ll pass.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I should have been more clear on my “game manager” comment. If our D is going to be good like they currently are playing, then the offense needs somebody who is going to take care of the ball and not turn it over every other drive.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I’ll take the Bucs’ Dungy method, please, with a tinge of Gruden.

• Establish the defense.  (We have a top run defense; questionable secondary.)
      • Establish a run game.  (What run game?)
      • Establish the ST (FG kicking).  (I think we have this one down.)

Then find an efficient QB.  An efficient QB is a QB that takes what the defense gives.  That means a QB that is adverse to the “No Risk it, No Biscuit” philosophy – which implies a veteran QB.

I want to be a legit playoff contender year-in and year-out.  We’re not that.  I don’t want to spend precious draft capital on a QB right now when we have more pressing concerns (OL and DB).  GM Licht has been impersonating the show runners of Game of Thrones by subverting the expectations when going with the tried and true is the most prudent approach.

I think having Blaine Gabbert might be our trash to treasures find.  He’s watching Winston in this offense from afar.  That gives him an upper hand as he knows the offense as well as the players on it.  So build him a proper OLine.  I want consistency at the QB position and Winston doesn’t provide that.

• inspecto

Participant

Blaine Gabbert, please what are you seeing that makes think he will be the man ?

• Buc45

Participant

I am not saying do everything that the Rams are doing (like trading away all there picks)…  We have a lot of talent in place, however, and having a rookie QB on a cheaper salary will help us keep a lot of our team intact.

• Bootz2004

Blocked

That’s not a “Rams model” then. Houston, Baltimore, Buffalo, Kansas City all have QBs on a rookie contract.

• BucBalla85

Participant

One of my biggest reasons for not wanting Winston back was the amount of money he would cost. We talk all the time about how there hasnt been a good team behind Winston, well how are you expecting to build a good team behind Winston when he makes all of the money??

• BP1

Participant

Forget the term “game manager.” How about a QB who plays smart, can read coverage well, can make defenses pay for their mistakes, has a low interception percentage, can put the receivers in the best position to make plays, is very accurate, has tremendous drive, has “in the clutch” ability, and is respected by his teammates. The more of those qualities, the better.

Every team wants that QB. lol

• Bootz2004

Blocked

One of my biggest reasons for not wanting Winston back was the amount of money he would cost. We talk all the time about how there hasnt been a good team behind Winston, well how are you expecting to build a good team behind Winston when he makes all of the money??

That’s a weak excuse. How does any other team build their roster behind an expensive QB? They make it happen. With the salary cap going up as rapidly as it has been since the new CBA, salary is an excuse at this point.

Use this year as an example. $93 million in cap space for 2020. Re-sign Winston for say $25 million,  Barrett for $16 million. Leaves $52 million. Who exactly is going to cost so much that the Bucs wouldn’t be able to make it happen with $52 million in cap room? Let’s see how specific you can be.

• The Anomaly

Participant

Why would we resign Winston?  He sucks.  LOL.  But…WAAAAHHHHH he throws for a lot of yards.  WHO FUCKING CARES?

• Bootz2004

Blocked

Why would we resign Winston? He sucks. LOL. But…WAAAAHHHHH he throws for a lot of yards. WHO FUCKING CARES?

Who would you sign to replace him that’s legitimately an upgrade? This should be good.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why would we resign Winston? He sucks. LOL. But…WAAAAHHHHH he throws for a lot of yards. WHO FUCKING CARES?

To shop him

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mahomes (passed by 9 teams), Rodgers (24th pick) Jackson  (32nd pick),  Russell Wilson (75th pick) – all QBs who didn’t go in the top 5 picks.    Time for you Bucs fans to cut your losses already and find your next qb.

You’d be all over a head coach who loses season after season after season. Why do you allow a QB to be crappy season after season after season? Makes no sense.

Go out and draft your next QB. Find an interim veteran like Titans did –  I think they may be going to the playoffs this season if they win this weekend.

• JC5100

Participant

With two elite WRs in the middle of their careers I’d much rather trade for Carr or Newton.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Lol @ trading for Newton.

That is literally the dumbest thing this franchise could do at this point.

• Bootz2004

Blocked

Listen, I like Godwin as much as the next guy and I’m glad he’s a Buc, but it’s such a Bucs fanbase thing to do to label a guy “elite” after his 1st 1000 yard season in 3 years. It waters down the distinction.

• JC5100

Participant

He was going to be first team All-Pro before the injury. If he dyed his hair, wore jewelry, danced and threw tantrums he would be a media darling. Instead he just hands the ball to the ref and blocks.

• Havok904

Participant

Have you checked the Rams lately.

That’s not a team you want to model the Bucs after.

Rams management has jacked that team up for years.

• Havok904

Participant

JC5100
      With two elite WRs in the middle of their careers I’d much rather trade for Carr or Newton.
      ____
      Newton sucks on multiple levels.

• tog

Participant

The Rams biggest mistake, as has been stated a few times, was overpaying a mediocre QB and paying for an RB.

Bucs are going to make the same mistake at QB, but won’t at RB unless they sign a FA RB.

So I guess they are following the Rams model?

It’s not an accident that 8/12 playoff teams have QBs on below-market deals.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Listen, I like Godwin as much as the next guy and I’m glad he’s a Buc, but it’s such a Bucs fanbase thing to do to label a guy “elite” after his 1st 1000 yard season in 3 years. It waters down the distinction.

He’s had an “elite” season and is playing like an “elite” player.

There’s zero question about it.

• Hate

Participant

the Rams model?

highly paid QB, RB, DT, WR, no 1st round picks for 3 years, cap hell and no playoffs. What are you talkin about??

• Havok904

Participant

The Rams biggest mistake, as has been stated a few times, was overpaying a mediocre QB and paying for an RB.
      ____
      Thats just part of the problem. They traded 1st round picks in 2020 and 2021 for Ramsey.

If they extend Ramsey, they won’t have enough cap to cover their UFAs in 2020.

The OL needs help, and Gurley has arthritic knees.

They’re screwed.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

LOL at drafting a rookie QB and putting him behind a below average LT and a rookie 2nd round pick at RT. Horrible idea.

We need OL in R1, without question.

• kenntak

Participant

Whatever model Belichick follows, I would follow that. His teams just keep winning. He has kept this going with New England for 18 years, with only one losing season–his first in 2000!!! 17 AFC East titles, 6 Super Bowl wins. And I don’t like NE.

• Hate

Participant

Whatever model Belichick follows, I would follow that. His teams just keep winning. He has kept this going with New England for 18 years, with only one losing season–his first in 2000!!! 17 AFC East titles, 6 Super Bowl wins. And I don’t like NE.

is drafting a HOF qb the model you speak of?

• Hate

Participant

you care enough to post about him, continually

• kenntak

Participant

@Hate. Brady doesn’t play defense, doesn’t block much, and does not catch his own passes on purpose. He is not a coach or a coordinator. It starts with a great quarterback, but it doesn’t end there.

• TampaBayBucs55

Participant

Great, so all we have to do is draft a HOF QB (unlike Winston) in the 6th round and make sure the guy is married to a rich supermodel (unlike Winston), that way he takes a “team friendly” deal year after year after year (unlike Winston) and we can spend gobs of money on the rest of the roster.

Simple.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Lolz.

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

You can’t saddle yourself with 30 million plus on a cap hit on a very average QB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs will resign Winston. They’re supposed to just cut him?

Is there an example of that happening recently?

They will say less INTs in 2nd year in offense etc. Don’t really buy that but..

Caveat would be Winston wanting too much money

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs will resign Winston. They’re supposed to just cut him?

Umm, he’d be a free agent. No need to cut him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

sorry, I meant just let him walk, no offer, no nothing. That’s not going to happen

Look at Leftwich’s last PC. He answers a question on improvement in year 2

I would think he is our QB next year unless he is unreasonable. Could certainly be wrong

• JC5100

Participant

Bet the Jags wish they just let Bortles walk.

Bucs should use both tags this year (yes they’re allowed this year). Figure out who has more trade value, Winston or Barrett. Franchise tag that player and transition tag the other.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Figure out who has more trade value, Winston or Barrett. Franchise tag that player and transition tag the other.

Yeah.

I’m sure Licht would handle said trades wonderfully.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think you can trade a transition tagged player. That just gives you right to match an offer. Not sure if there has ever been a trade for a transition tagged guy?

• JC5100

Participant

I don’t think you can trade a transition tagged player. That just gives you right to match an offer. Not sure if there has ever been a trade for a transition tagged guy?

No you can’t. There’s no compensation required for signing a transition ragged player. That’s why I said franchise tag the one with the highest value (I really don’t know who has more trade value).

But I do know that neither is worth a long term deal and this approach is the smartest thing the Bucs can do for 2020 and their long term salary cap situation and draft capital.

• dexmonkey

Participant

correct. Transition tag gives you the chance to match an offer before that player can be signed by someone else. if you do not match or beat another teams offer the player can sign with them and you get absolutely nothing in return

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

But I do know that neither is worth a long term deal and this approach is the smartest thing the Bucs can do for 2020 and their long term salary cap situation and draft capital.

And, what do you think Licht could get out of either?

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Bet the Jags wish they just let Bortles walk.”

JC –Isn’t that quote making my point? ^^^^

In favor of Chad Henne? or you mean to save the $26+ million . . they would’ve had to pay something for a replacement?

In other words, you mean in a message board vacuum your post makes sense, but not in reality right?

With a great defense and a poor Bortles the Jags go to the AFC championship in 2017, so they draft late right? So their choice in the real world was go with Henne, go with a rookie QB they draft late or by dumping picks to move up or pay a FA some portion of what they save by not giving Bortles the $26M guaranteed (roughly a starting QB value, right?)

You all follow this stuff much closer, so I could be wrong and especially because I am just going off memory mostly, but you are offering the reason I said above the Bucs would re-sign Winston: REALITY

(PS I am probably wrong because I am not a GM and I dont play one on a Buc message board . . and no Holiday Inn Express)

• JC5100

Participant

You’re not probably wrong, you ARE wrong. After re-signing Bortles they passed on Lamar Jackson. Between 2018-2020 they will have spent $50M of cap space on Foles and Bortles.

• Havok904

Participant

JC5100
      You’re not probably wrong, you ARE wrong. After re-signing Bortles they passed on Lamar Jackson. Between 2018-2020 they will have spent $50M of cap space on Foles and Bortles.
      ____
      Are you saying the Jags should have targeted Jackson pre-draft?

31 teams skipped over Jackson in total.
      From that aspect, the Jag are no worse than the others.

• JC5100

Participant

JC5100

____

Are you saying the Jags should have targeted Jackson pre-draft?

31 teams skipped over Jackson in total.

From that aspect, the Jag are no worse than the others.

Are you saying the Jags SHOULDN’T have targeted Lamar Jackson pre-draft?

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Well, considering he’s a shoe in for the MVP, there SHOULD have been multiple teams targeting him.

• Havok904

Participant

Well, considering he’s a shoe in for the MVP, there SHOULD have been multiple teams targeting him.
      ____
      ^^^^
      This

• Havok904

Participant

_____

• Anonymous

Inactive

So JC – my question was whether you were speaking in terms of reality or your pretend GM world … this is how you answered:

“ You’re not probably wrong, you ARE wrong. After re-signing Bortles they passed on Lamar Jackson.”

Pretend GM world.

• JC5100

Participant

So JC – my question was whether you were speaking in terms of reality or your pretend GM world … this is how you answered:

“ You’re not probably wrong, you ARE wrong. After re-signing Bortles they passed on Lamar Jackson.”

Pretend GM world.

Your own words “Their choice in the real world…” but then you neglect to name Lamar Jackson. You didn’t mention Jackson because A. you didn’t look up who they passed on because it would have nullified your poor argument or B. you looked it up but didn’t mention it because it would have nullified your poor argument.

So their choice in the real world was to give Bortles and Foles $50M for 3 seasons instead of draft Lamar Jackson. This is the main reason Baltimore is headed to the Super Bowl most likely and the Jaguars are picking 6th.

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC – you’re trolling or just massively insecure?

This was your first comment:

“ Bet the Jags wish they just let Bortles walk.”

You then switched to Bortles and Foles to support a later post because it was pure fantasy.

You realize that a new post doesn’t erase old posts, right?

(Wtf?)

• Havok904

Participant

So their choice in the real world was to give Bortles and Foles $50M for 3 seasons instead of draft Lamar Jackson. This is the main reason Baltimore is headed to the Super Bowl most likely and the Jaguars are picking 6th.
      _____
      You still haven’t explained how the Ravens would have known in March 2018, prior to signing Foles, that Lamar Jackson, who initially was a Ravens backup player, would be playing like a MVP in 2019.

Hindsight makes geniuses out of us all.

• The Anomaly

Participant

Speaking of crystal balls…what scientific proof do we have that Winston is going to somehow miraculously throw less picks next year?  The Carson Palmer analogy?  One singular year.  Has this been proven at all again in an Arians offense?  Or is everyone just hoping and praying it magically happens?  There’s nothing remotely close between those two guys.  Nothing.  Age, background…nada.  Just the old “second year” BS?

Pull the plug.  Hope and prayers aren’t going to win games.   Getting a real QB in here will do it.  Does our staff have the balls to go out and get one?   Or will they take the lazy route and try to work with what’s already here…freaking lazy.  Totally gonna waste another season because old man arians doesn’t want to start over.  Stupid.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Speaking of crystal balls…what scientific proof do we have that Winston is going to somehow miraculously throw less picks next year? The Carson Palmer analogy? One singular year. Has this been proven at all again in an Arians offense? Or is everyone just hoping and praying it magically happens? There’s nothing remotely close between those two guys. Nothing. Age, background…nada. Just the old “second year” BS?

Pull the plug. Hope and prayers aren’t going to win games. Getting a real QB in here will do it. Does our staff have the balls to go out and get one? Or will they take the lazy route and try to work with what’s already here…freaking lazy. Totally gonna waste another season because old man arians doesn’t want to start over. Stupid.

—–

Sorry to break it to you, Anomaly, but you probably will have to accept the fact that  #3 is going to return.  Another 4-5 yrs of bad to mediocre Bucball.   Sad. because you folks have been waiting over 10-15 yrs for a good season…..okay, maybe they got lucky in Raheem’s and Dirks’ tenures, but seriously, you can’t expect it to get much better than 8 win seasons best.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is spot on:

“ Hindsight makes geniuses out of us all.”

Not sure I get the point of posts that are essentially detached from reality.

• Havok904

Participant

Sorry to break it to you, Anomaly, but you probably will have to accept the fact that #3 is going to return. Another 4-5 yrs of bad to mediocre Bucball
      ____
      You do realize that if Winston is still a Buc in 4-5 years, only means he’s playing well.

There is no such thing as a guaranteed 4-5 year contract. If the Bucs offer any player a big contract without an out after 2-3 years, I would be surprised.

• JC5100

Participant

_____

You still haven’t explained how the Ravens would have known in March 2018, prior to signing Foles, that Lamar Jackson, who initially was a Ravens backup player, would be playing like a MVP in 2019.

Hindsight makes geniuses out of us all.

It has to be explained to you that a Heisman winner who has Michael Vick athleticism should have been intensely scouted by every team who remotely needed a QB?

The Jags were probably so locked in on “fixing” Bortles that they didn’t properly examine all options. Which is exactly what many people are afraid the Bucs are doing with Winston.

• Havok904

Participant

It has to be explained to you that a Heisman winner who has Michael Vick athleticism should have been intensely scouted by every team who remotely needed a QB?

The Jags were probably so locked in on “fixing” Bortles that they didn’t properly examine all options. Which is exactly what many people are afraid the Bucs are doing with Winston.
      ____

So you don’t have an explanation.

Slowly back away and fade out the scene.

• JC5100

Participant

____

So you don’t have an explanation.

Slowly back away and fade out the scene.

You want an explanation as to why people who just got fired didn’t make the right decision. That’s your smoking gun? Guess you got me.

• Havok904

Participant

You want an explanation as to why people who just got fired didn’t make the right decision. That’s your smoking gun? Guess you got me.
      ____
      That wasn’t the question I posed.

Let it go.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

This is going to get ugly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. This thread with JC getting crushed because about 3 pages ago he’s couldn’t post (anonymously) that he was wrong

• Biggs3535

Participant

It doesn’t happen often, but the Red Board GM is correct regarding the Jags, Bortles, and Jackson.  Of course Jax regrets extending Bortles and passing on Jackson. There’s really no argument to be made otherwise.  You nitwits just continue to make idiotic arguments and claim victory while doing it.

• Havok904

Participant

Biggs3535
      It doesn’t happen often, but the Red Board GM is correct regarding the Jags, Bortles, and Jackson.
      ____
      That was the point.

He’s using hindsight and trying to come off like a genius.

Viewing 97 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.