Why not give Winston the transitional tag.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    RHBucsFan
    Participant

5 years of play. 5 years. And some
    Of you still want more time to make a decision. Piss or get off the pot.

Let him walk or sign him to be the QB of the future. Either side of the argument have merit, but saying we need another year to evaluate is some weak sauce non committal bs. Guys with this attitude will be saying the same thing after year 6.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

kenntak
    Participant

How often have teams used a franchise tag on a QB?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    LVBUC2
    Participant

Non-exclusive franchise tag would be the same as transition tag only that we get 2 first round picks if someone does sign him.

Would you give 2 first round picks for Winston?  I don’t think we could get 1 1st round pick for him.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Graham
    Participant

5 years of play. 5 years. And some

Of you still want more time to make a decision. Piss or get off the pot.

Let him walk or sign him to be the QB of the future. Either side of the argument have merit, but saying we need another year to evaluate is some weak sauce non committal bs. Guys with this attitude will be saying the same thing after year 6.

Spot on.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Badtimes
    Participant

The problem with putting a transitional tag on Winston, is if no other team offers Winston a contract the Bucs are stuck paying 25 million for a QB who isn’t worth 15 million. Other teams will only offer Winston backup QB money because that is what Winston will be with any other team.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    J.A.S.H.E.R.
    Participant

💀💀💀

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    seekpar
    Participant

LMAO, great comment!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Havok904
    Participant

I have no problem with letting Winston walk, but are there any viable replacements?

I doubt Arians will trot out a rookie starting QB and I would prefer to stay away from the +35 year old QBs that may become available.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    LIBucsFan93
    Participant

The Bucs have several options with Winston. Franchise him or sign him. Or let him walk. Using the non exclusive tag basically precludes the Bucs from pursuing a Free Agent QB. Lets say Winston negotiates a crazy deal with another team the Bucs are unwilling to meet. Yes the Bucs would get draft picks in return but you are basically going into the 2020 season with a rookie at QB.

Personally I think the Bucs are targeting Teddy Bridgewater if he becomes available.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    LIBucsFan93
    Participant

I have no problem with letting Winston walk, but are there any viable replacements?

I doubt Arians will trot out a rookie starting QB and I would prefer to stay away from the +35 year old QBs that may become available.

Option 1-Teddy Bridgewater, Option 2- A veteran- Brady(doubtful), Rivers, Cam or Dalton(when released). If option 2 is the road traveled then draft a QB to develop behind said Veteran.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Morgan
    Participant

National Dan Patrick radio show this a.m. was funny – Patrick was pumping up the Bucs and Winston – not because they’re any good, but for the entertainment value Winston brings w/ this pick-sixes. Patrick said that whenever he hits a sports bar, he asks to watch the Bucs’ game. Bartenders usually tell him that no one ever asks for Bucs games, even people from the TB area.

Patrick says he’s never disappointed watching the Bucs because he knows Winston is good for some pick sixes, team-deflating interceptions. Said that if Pat Mahomes was on the Bucs he’d be nowhere as good as he has been w/ the Chiefs.

At least ya’all are getting notoriety from the national media, even tho it’s not the good kind.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    10lbbass
    Participant

@LIBucsFan93 – your post is just dumb.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

your post is just dumb.

So, what would you do?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Morgan
    Participant

Brissett might be available per Colts Wire (can’t post link here since PR.com message board is still garbage and can’t recognize spam).

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Badtimes
    Participant

National Dan Patrick radio show this a.m. was funny – Patrick was pumping up the Bucs and Winston – not because they’re any good, but for the entertainment value Winston brings w/ this pick-sixes. Patrick said that whenever he hits a sports bar, he asks to watch the Bucs’ game. Bartenders usually tell him that no one ever asks for Bucs games, even people from the TB area.

Patrick says he’s never disappointed watching the Bucs because he knows Winston is good for some pick sixes, team-deflating interceptions. Said that if Pat Mahomes was on the Bucs he’d be nowhere as good as he has been w/ the Chiefs.

At least ya’all are getting notoriety from the national media, even tho it’s not the good kind.

Over the last 40 years, the Bucs have been  shown on more highlight reels than any other team. The bad news is that they were almost always highlights of the Bucs opponents.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.