Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

Yeah, it would take a 1st rounder and another pick, but this team is stocked w talent, and w/ Foles, we’d finally have a QB who could compete w/ Brees, Ryan, and Newton. Plus, Winston has become a PR nightmare. He’s the face of the franchise – a bad face now. Trading for Foles completely changes that. He’s only 29, which means he could have another 10 years here. Opportunities like this don’t come around very often…

Are you listening, Glazers?

• meatwad4343

Participant

he had one good string of games at the end of the year. kind of like mccown with the bears and then we signed him. it doesn’t excuse that he’s been garbage for the few years before that outside of his one system year with chip kelly. whatever team that gives up a first for him or even a second is going to deeply regret it. he got hot at the right time but hes not a franchise qb or worth that. if we’re moving on from winston i’d rather bottom out and draft our guy with a new regime next year.

• JC5100

Participant

You want to let a lame duck GM trade our future #1 pick.

That’s why you don’t trade for Foles.

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

Fire Licht now… then trade for Foles.

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

I would offer a 2nd for him, but this team is old as dirt along the defensive line.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is a reason why Foles has been mostly a career back-up, no thanks.

• buccnation

Participant

He’s an average qb that had 2 good games in the playoffs. He’s not worth a 2nd let alone a 1st.

I give a majority of the credit to Schwartz and Pederson for the eagles run.

• tpeluso

Participant

I’d rather have Bridgewater than Foles.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Bridgewater has more upside than Foles, IMO.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

@Buccnation – correct. IF that coaching staff stays together for a few years, look out. Pederson is the best coach in the game right now (not named Belechick). Foles should have no problem leading that team back to the playoffs in 2019.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Lol @ you thinking Wentz is sitting behind Foles.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d rather have Fitz and my picks than any other quarterback via trade.

• JameisStinkston

Participant

I’m not done yet. Someone pass the crablegs. Mmmm, yummy.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

@Donkey – Wentz still looks banged up to me. That brace would indicate he needs more time to heal. If I am the Eagle’s brass, and I really think Wentz is the long term answer, why would I risk starting him when i have the reigning Super Bowl MVP ready to go right now. He needs to get stronger imo.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Is this the same Foles who was just about ready to retire from football because he was not able to stick with 3 teams? Maybe we should have kept Dilfer. He won a Super Bowl as well.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

@RudeGuy – exactly. Pederson has the most QB friendly offense I think I have ever seen. Foles, Wentz, heck, anyone with a real sense of quick mismatches can succeed in his offense. It’s crazy. Wentz won the lottery, if he can stay healthy.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Foles is not a great option unless Koetter is going to completely change his offense. Foles can’t operate under center, which is something Koetter requires in hisvoffense.

Maybe @nobody can break down any of Foles games when he started with the rams. Only his under center snaps. He can’t do it. He is the reason why NFL teams hate drafting spread QB’s too high. Some of them can’t afapt to taking snaps under center.

Fitzpatrick is actually a waaaay better option let alone trading away a high draft pick.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• CyberDilemma

Participant

Foles carved up the Bucs every time he played the Bucs with the Rams.

• Jr.3

Participant

@CyberDilemma Your thinking of Case Keenum not Foles. But Foles has had his way with this Defense also just not when he was a Ram.

• Jed

Participant

CyberDilemma
      Jul 1, 18 at 4:31 am #1091691
      Foles carved up the Bucs every time he played the Bucs with the Rams.

Is this the standard you want to set for a QB? Do you know how many QBs the Bucs defense in recent times has made to look like Pro Bowlers?

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

@Jr.3 – Yeah – but Foles carved up Tampa when he was with the Eagles. Twice I believe. Kid can ball in the right offense. Again, it’s why what team drafts you, is as big a factor in your overall success as any other one thing.

• Nobody

Participant

@GoldsonAges

If we make a trade for him (highly, highly doubtful as the Eagles will likely try to bend us over hard), I’ll break him down on here.

I’m pretty much agnostic on Foles 2015 season with the Rams. Here is what I saw when looking at his game splits:

11 games

4 very poor games
      2 poor games
      2 average game
      3 very good/elite games

I decided to look at one of those average games; vs Cleveland week 7.

Here is what I saw:

– An archaic offense (a major lack of route combinations to stress the D and scheme people open + a lot of lazy clear-out schemes with one receiver running under)where the play-calls were losers quite a bit of the time.
      – Receivers not getting open against Man.
      – Britt, Gurley, Austin, Cook dropping passes to either put them behind down and distance or not convert 3rd downs.
      – Complete failures in a few pass pro calls leading to free runs at the QB.
      – A TON of inefficient (both due to play-call loss and poor blocking) runs on 1st and 2nd down by Gurley. A fair bit of 1st and 2nd down run calls and pass on 3rd and long(ish).
      – About 50/50 Shotgun and Under Center Passes. In these games I didn’t notice a particular difference in his play on either. But again, the signal of poor play around him and poor play-calls was so significant that its difficult to evaluate a QB under such circumstances.

So he may have sucked in 2015. He may suck under Center. I don’t know for sure. But that game looked like the above. If that is representative, then I think the 2015 signal is mostly about what was happening around him rather than Foles himself.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.