Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 96 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

Dude lit it up in his 2 biggest games of the season, Georgia and Alabama. He had the best game any QB had against Bama this year, way better than Fields. Most of the critiques I hear sound like just talking shit more than anything else. Is it just gator haters? (which I’ve got no dog in that race)

• Boid Fink

Participant

Why add to the pile of Trask threads that have gone in depth about this already. Just curious.

• Swash

Participant

Boid , you’re one of my favorite posters. But bro you’ve not gone into depth about Trask its just been bitching about it. Can we have one objective thread on this topic please?

• BucsBay

Participant

Because I’m hoping someone wants to back up there hate with some instances of actual in game issues. The other threads all have too much useless generalizations and “trash” talking. I don’t get the hate

• Donkey

Participant

Arians seems very excited to have kyle to develop. Also seems like a great kid. Who knows how it will pan out but I’m willing to give him a chance and I’ll root for him.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Trask will be a solid backup for years to come.

Build the trenches!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Arians develop trask?

2021 will be his last year.

Which one you ask?

Both likely.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I wasn’t wowed by him to really go for a qb when we could use more depth when going for a repeat. I realize he’s here to learn from Brady meaning he’s not a finished product. Some people have doubts he can get to that finished product in a good way and I understand that. At the same time we don’t know and will have to wait to find out. That I’m fine with as well since we have the goat and have no idea how much longer he has to go. Consider it a good thing if we never have to find out since that would mean Brady played long enough to the point where a guy like Trask had to play to progress. Then you think about someone else at that point. Ideally when Brady moves on he is ready to go and the drop off in play isn’t that bad.

• Bucko40

Participant

Personally I wanted Mond. Fact is the Professionals had their choice of Trask, Mond and Mills and they chose Trask. I have no Florida allignece being a OSU Alum. Give this pick a couple of years and revisit.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Dude lit it up in his 2 biggest games of the season, Georgia and Alabama. He had the best game any QB had against Bama this year, way better than Fields. Most of the critiques I hear sound like just talking shit more than anything else. Is it just gator haters? (which I’ve got no dog in that race)

Anyone with the name “Kyle” has no chance at stardom. Sorry, he’s bound for mediocrity. :)

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yeah right? Arians is t here to build for posterity. That pick smells like Jason Licht. Trask was another shit pick by Licht. Simple as that.

Arians develop trask?

2021 will be his last year.

Which one you ask?

Both likely.

• Diehart fisherman

Participant

This smells like cry babies. Another shit post by !!!!!!!

• adkindo

Participant

First, there is a 99+% chance that Trask will never sniff the level of success of Tom Brady in the NFL. That said, what is the big difference between Brady and Trask coming out of college? Both had solid but not great arms. Both were considered intelligent and accurate. Neither were mobile, but showed ability to move in the pocket. If we would have used the 64th pick on Brady in 2000, most of us would not have been jumping for joy when announced….right? Trask will either develop into a solid NFL backup (or starter, or All Pro, or HOF’er) or he will be out of the league….that will depend on his abilities, work ethic and personal will. It would seem like the perfect situation for him personally to increase his chances of success in the NFL. As I have stated, I would have went Davis Mills, but it is clear the FO/Arians saw something they liked in Trask. Once he takes the field in Bucs practice gear, he will have my full support to succeed.

• Greattimes

Participant

The hate is because Trask does not have a cannon of an arm like JaMarcus Russell, Can’t run like Robert Griffin III, and can’t train dogs like Michael Vick.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Trask’s mechanics are bad along with his footwork. And he doesn’t have athleticism to compensate until his mechanics can be cleaned up.

Build the trenches!

• Biggs3535

Participant

Alldaway 2.0 wrote:

Trask’s mechanics are bad along with his footwork. And he doesn’t have athleticism to compensate until his mechanics can be cleaned up.

Somehow, he’s accurate as hell with those bad mechanics and poor footwork.

• Barnz1

Participant

Because we’re in a super rare SB win now window and spent a 2nd round pick on a likely career backup QB who wouldn’t really offer much more than Gabbert if worst come to worse

Could’ve got a really talented corner, OL or DL for that pick to help some certain weak spots. The team isn’t perfect just because we won the SB. Other teams have better picks than us because that’s how the draft order works. Other teams are picking up starters to help them.

The pick reeks of arrogance that we’re so far ahead of everyone else that we can afford to burn a pick on a guy who won’t contribute at all. Some would say the arrogance is warranted given we won and fair enough. But it could very well come back to bite us.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

The hate is because Trask does not have a cannon of an arm like JaMarcus Russell, Can’t run like Robert Griffin III, and can’t train dogs like Michael Vick.

He doesn’t quite have Kyle Boller’s cannon either, Johnny Manziel’s improv ability or Ryan Leaf’s pharmaceutical acumen.

• Joey

Participant

Seems Brady was with ne making another super bowl run and they drafted a qb in the second round and no one had a problem with it. Not that unusual really.

• BucsFan83

Participant

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/203116571.html

Seems like no one wanted to give Aaron Rodgers a chance when he was first drafted either. The funny thing is he got compared to Kyle Boller, lol. I was trying to do some research about his mechanics, because if I remember correctly he didn’t have great mechanics either.

• Donkey

Participant

And that guy was a small school guy that played against crap competition and doesn’t have the size or arm of Trask.

Seems Brady was with ne making another super bowl run and they drafted a qb in the second round and no one had a problem with it. Not that unusual really.

• Runole

Participant

An argument could be made that Trask performed better than Jones last season and I believe is a more powerful runner and bigger 6’5″ 236 compared 6’3″217.

• Boid Fink

Participant

That will change when NFL defenses break on his noodle armed floaters, or gets sacked because he holds the ball too long. He is such a bad pick for where the Bucs selected him. Massive overreach.

Alldaway 2.0 wrote:

• Boid Fink

Participant

And he sucks. Yup. Reasons sound about right.

An argument could be made that Trask performed better than Jones last season and I believe is a more powerful runner and bigger 6’5″ 236 compared 6’3″217.

• Runole

Participant

And he sucks. Yup. Reasons sound about right.

Your crusade against Trask continues to be hopeless. Carry On!

• Donkey

Participant

He was actually named for Kyle Stadium (Texas A&M)

Anyone with the name “Kyle” has no chance at stardom. Sorry, he’s bound for mediocrity. :)

• Schwifty9

Participant

This might have something to do with it.

Kyle Trask has a below average arm by NFL standards and no physical upside and will almost certainly be a career backup.

According to Arians we have every intention of re-signing Blaine Gabbart so we spent a 2nd round pick on a #3 QB instead of drafting a player who can make an impact this year.

So essentially, we wasted a premium pick.

• BucHarbour

Participant

You seriously didn’t use the one game that had his top 5 targets out of the game (opting out for the draft) and where he only had about a week’s worth of practice to prepare, did you? Do you have any clue how difficult it is to adjust to a completely new WR/TE group in one week? Remember Brady being off with our receivers for a few games early last year? And he actually has some practice with them before the season. Why don’t you post his highlights from the Bama and Georgia game? Exactly!

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Trask would actually be fine in a play action offense. You can hide his flaws in that type of an offense.

But most NFL teams have moved onto other concepts. Trask can do the new concepts that are in the NFL as he did at the collegiate level. However, what is the difference is that NFL defenses are much faster and too sophisticated to fall for such plays.

Trask becoming a precision pocket passer is a huge longshot given his multittude of short comings.

Trask is just a gamble to see if they can turn essentially a third round pick into a serviceable #2/borderline starter on the cheap.

Build the trenches!

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, somehow he’s able to hit wide open receivers in Pitts and Toney. He was a fine college QB. His talents on tape don’t translate to 2nd round draft capital.

• Natural Selection

Participant

I don’t hate Trask, more hate the pick. I don’t see the point of using a second now on a QB with limited potential. I don’t see/hear anyone talking about Trask potentially developing into a top 10 franchise QB. Our staff immediately said resigning our back up QB is still a priority. Then compared Trask to Brad Johnson. It feels like we drafted a developmental QB because that’s what the manual said we should do to “ensure the future”. When we could sign a Fitz level FA QB damn near every season if/when we need one. Why draft a guy you think is likely that tier of potential? So the pantry is bare at “future QB”, when who gives a shit honestly? Why not squeeze every drop out of this window? I think it’s just stupid to “future plan” and check boxes. No one seems really excited about Trask. No one sees him as maybe the next Breez/Brady/Rogers. So it feels like a complete waste. We don’t even want him to potentially play in 2021. If he can’t beat out Griffen and get him cut it becomes a complete shit show with 4 QBs.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Exactly. So many reasons to hate this pick. The wasted draft capital on a 4th round project with limited tools (even GottaJaboo sees it you clowns). Just a terrible contingency plan…a boneheaded move by Licht. This pick was a waste and you guys are being homers otherwise. Trash.

I don’t hate Trask, more hate the pick. I don’t see the point of using a second now on a QB with limited potential. I don’t see/hear anyone talking about Trask potentially developing into a top 10 franchise QB. Our staff immediately said resigning our back up QB is still a priority. Then compared Trask to Brad Johnson. It feels like we drafted a developmental QB because that’s what the manual said we should do to “ensure the future”. When we could sign a Fitz level FA QB damn near every season if/when we need one. Why draft a guy you think is likely that tier of potential? So the pantry is bare at “future QB”, when who gives a shit honestly? Why not squeeze every drop out of this window? I think it’s just stupid to “future plan” and check boxes. No one seems really excited about Trask. No one sees him as maybe the next Breez/Brady/Rogers. So it feels like a complete waste. We don’t even want him to potentially play in 2021. If he can’t beat out Griffen and get him cut it becomes a complete shit show with 4 QBs.

• Biggs3535

Participant

That will change when NFL defenses break on his noodle armed floaters, or gets sacked because he holds the ball too long.

That’s certainly possible, as is mechanical and footwork improvements. Hopefully, we won’t see take a snap in a regular season game for a couple years.

He is such a bad pick for where the Bucs selected him. Massive overreach.

Most people had Trask as a late 1st, 2nd, or early 3rd. He went exactly where he was supposed to go. You can like or dislike the selection, but he most definitely wasn’t a “massive overreach.”

even GottaJaboo sees it you clowns

This should tell you something. What was this fella telling the world about Tom Brady this time last year? And about Jameis Winston the year(s) before that?

• Boid Fink

Participant

I said he was an overreach not because of what most people pegged him as. I have been very very clear of what I think about the pick. And since I feel this way, it was indeed a massive overreach considering the logic of the selection.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

I don’t get the hate either. Trask lit it up in college and had plenty of weapons on offense. He will have even better weapons here. He’s got a year or two to sit and learn under the best there ever was at QB. He probably will not become another TB12, but no one ever will.

Give the kid a chance. I can see what Arians and Licht are doing… picking guys they can groom as replacements for certain positions in 2022 and beyond.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

big qb with some of the slowest throws you’ll see

how does a guy that big not able to put more on the ball?

Idk. This pick is 100% on Bruce, it’s his offense and he’s friends with Trask’s college coach.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Arians is t going to be around as a coach much longer. His famous quote regarding offensive linemen has been (pre-Wirfs), is that you draft them for the next coach to groom. I feel the same away about a physically underwhelming, and noodle armed QB who won’t see the field for two seasons. This was a Licht pick. And again, a poor one.

I don’t get the hate either. Trask lit it up in college and had plenty of weapons on offense. He will have even better weapons here. He’s got a year or two to sit and learn under the best there ever was at QB. He probably will not become another TB12, but no one ever will.

Give the kid a chance. I can see what Arians and Licht are doing… picking guys they can groom as replacements for certain positions in 2022 and beyond.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I see this is a Licht pick, with maybe a small shoulder shrug from Arians who is loyal to his friends. I just cannot fathom Arians trying to groom a rookie QB at this point in his life. He will retire soon, and do so happily.

big qb with some of the slowest throws you’ll see

how does a guy that big not able to put more on the ball?

Idk. This pick is 100% on Bruce, it’s his offense and he’s friends with Trask’s college coach.

• obuc

Participant

I heard his lack of velocity is a mechanical issue that they can fix. The important thing is accuracy, movement in the pocket and not getting tunnel vision, ie, progressions. I think he has all that.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

It was pretty clear that Arians/JL were eyeing Trask for some time now.

Will be interesting to see if Byron and staff can work on his mechanics.

And, obviously, nobody better than Brady to learn behind.

• wolfet

Participant

I like the pick and I hate UF now. Let’s be honest, we have all been wrong about QB’s before. You can’t even evaluate after one year as a starter.

I trust Bruce and staff, scouts, combined with Licht. The kid definitely has a work ethic and leadership. He has work to do and isn’t a finished product, but let’s hope he has the intangibles to overcome his limitations.

• Kermit56

Participant

LOL!!

• theknees

Participant

It’s a burned pick. Sad.

• NotDeadYet

Participant

LOL; I have a friend out here in Hawaii who is a Vikings fan who likes Trask. He commented about Trask’s ability to quickly go through his progressions, which many college QBs struggle with. He is not a fan of Mond, the guy the Vikings settled on…

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yes!! Thunderous applause!!

Because we’re in a super rare SB win now window and spent a 2nd round pick on a likely career backup QB who wouldn’t really offer much more than Gabbert if worst come to worse

Could’ve got a really talented corner, OL or DL for that pick to help some certain weak spots. The team isn’t perfect just because we won the SB. Other teams have better picks than us because that’s how the draft order works. Other teams are picking up starters to help them.

The pick reeks of arrogance that we’re so far ahead of everyone else that we can afford to burn a pick on a guy who won’t contribute at all. Some would say the arrogance is warranted given we won and fair enough. But it could very well come back to bite us.

• GameTime

Participant

I dont love the pick of a QB, but no one is really throwing out better options. Someone said they done see him as a brees/brady/Rodgers….a 2nd rd pick, a 6th, and a late first who sat for a couple years.
      There wasn’t a homerun we passed on imo.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Agreed, the only real value on the board at 64 was at offensive tackle.. our OTs are set for at least the next two years.

I would have been happy with Andre Cisco, safety who went to the Jags at 65. I think he’s a great prospect, would have been happy with him.

There was a little bit of value at guard, but we went there in round 3 and got great value with a guy who can play 4 positions in a pinch.

Would have been really upset if we passed on Creed for Trask, but I have a feeling we would have anyways.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I think the OTs on the draft board at the time were better than what the Bucs currently have on the roster. Also, I do not think of Hainsey as a better projection at RT than the OTs on the board. It is more likely Marpet or Jensen or even Cappa play RT before Hainsey sees play time there if Wirfs is injured.

And there were also NTs and LBs on the board with great upside. The 2nd round which was effectively the third round for the Bucs still had borderline potential starters on the board.

Build the trenches!

• mjs020294

Participant

Would have been really upset if we passed on Creed for Trask, but I have a feeling we would have anyways.

That would have been awesome if only to witness the Boid meltdown.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Wait, he isn’t having one now?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Nope. But Trask is a wasted pick. Dumb selection, except to Gator honks.

Wait, he isn’t having one now?

• Pennywise

Participant

Hainsey played RT , but it’s his ability to play across the OL that makes him valuable, but his future will be at OG or C , my guess is he will replace Jensen at some point .

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I love Hainsey as I think he is way better OL coming out than Cappa. But I do not see him being able to play RT in a pinch unless Marpet, Jensen, Wells and Cappa are all injured which is very unlikely.

Sure hypothetically Hainsey could play RT in a pinch at the pro level but more likely that isn’t happening.

Now, what would surprise me is if Hainsey proves that he is capable of going up against the Bucs rushers in practice at RT like JPP, Tryon, Nelson, Gill, and Shaq. If he can prove he can hold his own then maybe he can be the primary backup to Wirfs at RT while having value to be the future center once Jensen moves on.

Build the trenches!

• Greattimes

Participant

When should the Bucs have selected a QB to replace Brady? Maybe after he retired? If the Bucs had waited until next years draft, what are the chances that a high quality QB would be available? I doubt a high quality QB will be available when the Bucs draft next year. I think the Bucs made a wise choice in drafting a QB this year and that the best remaining QB on the board was Trask. If he doesn’t show promise this year, then the Bucs will have to look at options next year. I don’t think Rodgers will be available because the Packers will be forced to trade him this year or risk getting nothing in return.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

No one has a better option @ 64 then trask?

Any rb, wr, ol, dl, secondary, literally any position. Sans kicker lol.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I concur that there was so many options in the 2nd round. Given that the Bucs have so many UFAs in 2022 it doesn’t make sense to say the 2nd round pick should be on a project.

But it is what it is.

And yes Trask is a project. From his footwork, to his throwing motion. Lacking collegiate experience.

Build the trenches!

• dalbuc

Participant

I am currently watching his pro day throwing vs air and oh dear god is this awful to watch. Seriously, people need to understand college completion percentage doesn’t mean anything about being NFL accurate. Way, way too many of these throws are off the mark and guys are having to slow down and adjust all over the place and he’s has just plain missed a couple of throws. He threw a deep post that the receiver was waiting on like a punt. It’s….it’s just bad.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

His throwing motion is worse than Lefty coming out of college. His footwork is worse than Josh Freeman coming out of college. Has less collegiate experience than Shaun King, Mike Glennon and Chris Simms coming out of college. His completion percentage isn’t that great when compared to Josh Johnson. And then you look at the players Trask was throwing to and what he was asked to do.

When you compare Trask to career backups like Josh Johnson and Bruce Gradkowski he is less athletic than them while not having faster processing and a slower release.

Build the trenches!

• theknees

Participant

Really dumb pick. Kyle doesn’t love football.

• garfield

Participant

Do you just make crap up as you go along? What a dolt.

• GameTime

Participant

Rb? That would have been an awful pick in the second. Wr? Just as bad imo. Dl/ol? Would have been great.

• GameTime

Participant

I am currently watching his pro day throwing vs air and oh dear god is this awful to watch. Seriously, people need to understand college completion percentage doesn’t mean anything about being NFL accurate. Way, way too many of these throws are off the mark and guys are having to slow down and adjust all over the place and he’s has just plain missed a couple of throws. He threw a deep post that the receiver was waiting on like a punt. It’s….it’s just bad.

So throwing in shorts against air is more important than actual games? Interesting take.

• Boid Fink

Participant

No, if the guy struggles versus air, which he did, it is an eye opening problem. A QB with a lane arm is always a problem. Glennon like.

So throwing in shorts against air is more important than actual games? Interesting take.

• GameTime

Participant

In less than 2 seasons the guy threw for 70 tds with 15 ints. But forget the game tape, let’s concentrate on his pro day! I’ve never heard a more idiotic take. There’s plenty to not like about Trask, but to put stock in a pro day? I guess we should have drafted marco Wilson instead.

• dalbuc

Participant

Yes let’s dwell on college stats because those are always predictive.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Rb? That would have been an awful pick in the second. Wr? Just as bad imo. Dl/ol? Would have been great.

How so? They would have played in 2021.

Sparingly? Sure. More with an injury? Yep.

Trask will not play in 2021 nor 2022. Under any circumstances. Period.

• GameTime

Participant

Ar rb, we have Rojo, Lenny, gio, and Vaughn. Where would reps come from? At wr, Evans, Godwin, ab, Johnson, Miller, Watson and now darden in the 4th. What wr would you have drafted?

I wasn’t thrilled with the Trask pick. But I like it more than another rb/wr.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Beyond 2021: vaughn is the only one signed.

Dunno about you but that scares the shit out of me.

Rbs rotate, all the time. Rbs get hurt, all the time. Same with WRs. Dline. Lbs. Everywhere.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

If you listened to Pewter Report Podcast with Trevor Sikkema, then he posits what I was positing about drafting a QB this year – it’s bad asset management.

First, let’s assume Brady will be QB’ing for the next two seasons. Drafting a QB after the first round means you have only four years of control. If Brady quits football after two seasons, then the team has only two seasons to see what they have in Trask or any other QB. If Brady quits after three seasons, then that’s one season left to evaluate at the NFL level.

We could have drafted a QB next draft to give us an extra season of evaluation. Nothing against Trask here with asset management.

With that said, Sikkema also identified that Trask doesn’t have a big arm and doesn’t fit a vertical offense. Without an arm to get into a tight window, then Trask is limited to become old man Brees who couldn’t throw deep.

Remember how Licht traded up for a kicker in the 2nd round? Yeah… that’s this bad asset management.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

The other factor is that the Bucs roster in 2023 is going to look radically different. Right now the Bucs have brought back a super team from the super bowl season. But that isn’t going to last long….

Players like Trask need A and B caliber players around him or else he simply can’t carry a team to a few wins.

But right now Trask must prove he can is better than 3rd string players in camp and preason.

Like I said I will support Trask if he can cleanly beat out Griffen and challenge Gabbert year 1.

Build the trenches!

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Still bad asset management. Licht went after flash again than foundation.

Remember drafting an OLB Spence for a 4-3 defense? It didn’t make sense then or now. In that same draft, Licht traded up for a K in the second round. We weren’t even close to being a complete team!

In 2018, we drafted a run only RB for a vertical offense in the 2nd round… when we needed a starting G! We were looking at Quenton Nelson at 7th overall, but wait till the bottom of the 3rd round for a non-athletic LT to be turned iOL in Cappa. Cappa looks good now, but that’s a project player and not a starter.

I’d rather wait until 2022 and use our first round pick + to move up some spots to grab a QB, not 64th overall. Like you said, we’re meant to win now. We can set up for the future today. It’s easier to win when everything is in place first. See Brady to Bucs.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Exactly. None of that translates. His skill set does. He will not be a good QB in a pass happy era. Game managers don’t win super bowls anymore. They need stellar play.

Yes let’s dwell on college stats because those are always predictive.

• danimal09

Participant

My 2 cents on Trask;

Pros: 1. pocket awareness. Isn’t mobile and that’s well documented but he can sense and shift a pocket better than anyone else on this draft. IMO his best attribute.
      2. Touch. Trask has amazing level 2 throws. Level 1 being a Lazer, level 3 being a high arching deep ball and level 2 a mid-level looping fastball with touch.
      3. Smart. Seems to understand the game he’s in and that is evident when watching him because you can feel that he is the one the offense runs through.

Cons: 1. Arm strength; haven’t seen a level 1 throw or level 3 throw that impressed me. He will need to be able to utilize these in the NFL.
      2. Mechanics; doesn’t seem to connect his lower half enough with his throwing motion, likely the reason arm strength is an issue, fixable but no guarantees and messing with a throwing motion is like messing with a golf swing can be disastrous.

• danimal09

Participant

My 2 cents on Trask;

Pros: 1. pocket awareness. Isn’t mobile and that’s well documented but he can sense and shift a pocket better than anyone else on this draft. IMO his best attribute.<br />
      2. Touch. Trask has amazing level 2 throws. Level 1 being a Lazer, level 3 being a high arching deep ball and level 2 a mid-level looping fastball with touch.<br />
      3. Smart. Seems to understand the game he’s in and that is evident when watching him because you can feel that he is the one the offense runs through.

Cons: 1. Arm strength; haven’t seen a level 1 throw or level 3 throw that impressed me. He will need to be able to utilize these in the NFL.<br />
      2. Mechanics; doesn’t seem to connect his lower half enough with his throwing motion, likely the reason arm strength is an issue, fixable but no guarantees and messing with a throwing motion is like messing with a golf swing can be disastrous.

• GameTime

Participant

Rbs rotate, all the time. Rbs get hurt, all the time. Same with WRs. Dline. Lbs. Everywhere.

So you would cut a current rb to draft which RB?

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

All I know is that Bowles during training camp is going to be blitzing he hell out of him to keep him moving and not planting his feet. Trask suffers badly if he is asked to move to his left.

If Trask struggles against tier 3 DBs in TC due to lacking enough zip it is going to be an uphill battle.

I am saying this right now because Trask’s main competition is Griffen. And Griffen has shown he can hang even with 2nd string players. Trask has to prove he is better than 3rd string players to win the job over Griffen.

Build the trenches!

• Schwifty9

Participant

Even if Griffin is clearly the better guy in training camp, which I’m not saying he will be, but even if he is, there is zero chance that Trask doesn’t win the #3 job.

You don’t spend a 2nd round pick on a guy and put him on the practice squad where he can get poached. So he’s virtually a lock to make the roster.

Why the Trask hate? I think the better question is why did we take a QB with virtually no upside to sit on the bench for 2-3 years when we are trying to repeat as Super Bowl champions NOW?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

So you would cut a current rb to draft which RB?

Vaughn practice squad i could live with. Til he proves hes competent.

Not judging him yet. Look at rojos rookie year.

• Pennywise

Participant

They just won the freaking Super Bowl , pretty sure they know wtf they are doing , settle down you bunch of junior GMs

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Brady fell into our laps. It took a HOF QB to change Arians’ offense.

Just remember that. If Brady didn’t choose us and we went with Winston for the next five years. Scary thought.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Well that’s a horrible waste of talent. If you draft a guy who sucks and cut him for a player who is average at best, then it’s a poor decision. This pick is a garbage pick. Don’t let the people who cannot express themselves because of message board machismo fool you. He is a terrible selection. Licht pick all the way, Arians is not drafting a project QB. He isn’t developing a third string er to rain in his parade.

Even if Griffin is clearly the better guy in training camp, which I’m not saying he will be, but even if he is, there is zero chance that Trask doesn’t win the #3 job.

You don’t spend a 2nd round pick on a guy and put him on the practice squad where he can get poached. So he’s virtually a lock to make the roster.

Why the Trask hate? I think the better question is why did we take a QB with virtually no upside to sit on the bench for 2-3 years when we are trying to repeat as Super Bowl champions NOW?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lolz @ the trask defenders.

But..he’ll beat griffin! Really? I hope so..

But..he’ll beat gabbert! Really? I hope so.

2nd round pick for a #4 qb, as stands.

No, licht isnt god. Nor is trump. Nor is Musk.

Fucking terrible pick. Bump this in 3 years. I pray to god im wrong.

Very doubtful.

• BucHarbour

Participant

Same people here are still at it? Anyone who doesn’t think Trask is better than Griffin is an…well…I’ll try to be nice here. You clearly don’t know a damn thing about the position. I mean, it’s not like Trask wasn’t beating guys like Surtain in the SEC Championship game. He was throwing into tight windows all game long and putting the ball right on the money, but you guys still think he has a noodle arm and no talent. Whatever.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Same people here are still at it? Anyone who doesn’t think Trask is better than Griffin is an…well…I’ll try to be nice here. You clearly don’t know a damn thing about the position. I mean, it’s not like Trask wasn’t beating guys like Surtain in the SEC Championship game. He was throwing into tight windows all game long and putting the ball right on the money, but you guys still think he has a noodle arm and no talent. Whatever.

Does he know arians/leftwich system like griffin or gabbert? Big issue. Its a complex system.

There’s a reason trask will be redshirting this year.

Won’t be helping us defend our crown..

• Pennywise

Participant

Yea and if Brady goes down for more than a handful of games , it doesn’t matter who is the back up , Bucs have no shot at a super bowl

It was absolutely the right move to draft a QB

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Yea and if Brady goes down for more than a handful of games , it doesn’t matter who is the back up , Bucs have no shot at a super bowl

It was absolutely the right move to draft a QB

Lolz @ defending trask for an “if”

When has brady EVER gone down? Once. Created a new rule due to it.

Brady aint going down. Bite your tongue, good sir! Philly philly!

<I’m sure you said the same thing when wentz went down, as well, mind you.

Griff or Gabbert will be thrown into a helluva better supporting cast than foles had. Silly goose.

But brady isnt going down, so all a moot point.

• Pennywise

Participant

Gabbert and Griff suck

• BucsSavant

Participant

• BucsSavant

Participant

Very doubtful.

Mental illness on full display ^

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Very doubtful.

Lmao. Way to bring a new perspective to the discussion! *claps*

Imagine posting on a football message board solely to talk shit.

Is your life that pathetic, therapist?

Just do what your best at. Sitting in your parents basement biting pillows. Teehee.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Very doubtful.

Just do what your best at. Sitting in your parents basement biting pillows. Teehee.

You’re hysterical and nonsensical on a message board, it’s a bad look. Also, you’re presumably a grown man, no? Quit with the “lolz” and “teehee” like a 13 yr old girl, even if you have similar testosterone levels. Musk and trump have nothing to do with anything, much less trask, you’re truly cracking before our eyes. Pathetic.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Very doubtful.

You’re hysterical and nonsensical on a message board, it’s a bad look. Also, you’re presumably a grown man, no? Quit with the “lolz” and “teehee” like a 13 yr old girl, even if you have similar testosterone levels. Musk and trump have nothing to do with anything, much less trask, you’re truly cracking before our eyes. Pathetic.

Oh noes! I was called pathetic on an online message board! Woe is me.”bad look” lolz. Teehee.

Couldn’t care less what anyone online thinks of me. Im just here to talk bucs & state my opinion.

I respect your opinion, even. Just not you as a person.

Good day,sir!

• BucsSavant

Participant

Very doubtful.

Oh noes! I was called pathetic on an online message board! Woe is me.”bad look” lolz. Teehee.

Couldn’t care less what anyone online thinks of me. Im just here to talk bucs & state my opinion.

Good day,sir!

Show me on the doll where Trask hurt you

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Very doubtful.

Good day,sir!

Show me on the doll where Trask hurt you

*points to savants vagina* right thurrr.

• Boid Fink

Participant

It seems the same can be said of you. Your vigorous responses mean your a sensitive sally who doesn’t like people judging other athletes in a subjective message board? Not hypocritical at all, lol! You’re just as bad as a knitting hen.

Very doubtful.

• BucsSavant

Participant

It seems the same can be said of you. Your vigorous responses mean your a sensitive sally who doesn’t like people judging other athletes in a subjective message board? Not hypocritical at all, lol! You’re just as bad as a knitting hen.

Very doubtful.

Much like your life partner, it appears you can’t see the forest through the trees. It’s not about the opinion of the player, I have great doubts about trask myself. It’s the hysterical and constant spewing of the same vapid, emotional, effeminate whining that you two constantly exhibit, on the majority of threads on this board. Quit whining and let the more stable among us discuss football.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Here you go again. Pretending like it’s YOU who isn’t the bitch here. So reactionary of other opinions…about a football player…on a message board. The tree in this forest is you, and it is covered in rainbow lights and tinsel of the most fabulous sparkles. We get it, you don’t like people saying they hate Trask the selection. Guess what Sally? Deal with it. Trask was a dumb selection. He offers nothing…

Very doubtful.

Much like your life partner, it appears you can’t see the forest through the trees. It’s not about the opinion of the player, I have great doubts about trask myself. It’s the hysterical and constant spewing of the same vapid, emotional, effeminate whining that you two constantly exhibit, on the majority of threads on this board. Quit whining and let the more stable among us discuss football.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Here you go again. Pretending like it’s YOU who isn’t the bitch here. So reactionary of other opinions…about a football player…on a message board. The tree in this forest is you, and it is covered in rainbow lights and tinsel of the most fabulous sparkles. We get it, you don’t like people saying they hate Trask the selection. Guess what Sally? Deal with it. Trask was a dumb selection. He offers nothing…

Very doubtful.

Nice visual, you’re probably pretty good at interior decorating as well. Double down all you want, you still post in an effeminate, Non-respectable, and intellectually bereft manner. Everyone on the board is laughing at your mental crisis.You are very possibly right on trask, it doesn’t mean your father is any less disappointed in you as a man. The more posts you make whining about an inconsequential 2nd(3rd) round pick, the more people lose interest in the “opinions” you express, on the message board you hold so dear. It’s not too late to stop.

• Runole

Participant

simple answer: It is only notable”debatable” move the Bucs have made this A+ off season.
      “Negative Nellie’s” have had a horrible off season. Damn those that see sunshine!lol

• Boid Fink

Participant

Here you go on your soapbox bitch in’ about bit him’! Ironic and makes you look like a real woman, in spite of your little quips. Methinks you are deeply emotional, based on your need to Bitch about bitching. Don’t worry ma’am…you will figure it out one day. Savant? No. Spectrum? Yes.

Very doubtful.

Nice visual, you’re probably pretty good at interior decorating as well. Double down all you want, you still post in an effeminate, Non-respectable, and intellectually bereft manner. Everyone on the board is laughing at your mental crisis.You are very possibly right on trask, it doesn’t mean your father is any less disappointed in you as a man. The more posts you make whining about an inconsequential 2nd(3rd) round pick, the more people lose interest in the “opinions” you express, on the message board you hold so dear. It’s not too late to stop.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Here you go on your soapbox bitch in’ about bit him’! Ironic and makes you look like a real woman, in spite of your little quips. Methinks you are deeply emotional, based on your need to Bitch about bitching. Don’t worry ma’am…you will figure it out one day. Savant? No. Spectrum? Yes.

Very doubtful.

Bit him? Look at you, worked into a frenzy, frothing at the mouth non-sensically. You must be real hurt to be projecting like this 😂. Fact of the matter is people come to this board to discuss football, and you are lowering the quality of the board by regurgitating the same emotional talking points over and over. Go ahead and get the last word like all women must, just in the future, work on being less of an irritant on the board, flooding it with emotion like a locust.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Same people here are still at it?

It’d be comical if it weren’t so damn pathetic.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Very doubtful.

Lol. I have yet to see anyone “laugh” at Boid nor myself. & if they do I doubt either of us give a flying fuck.

We come here to talk football.

You come here to start shit.

I’m the pathetic one? If someone doesnt agree with you 100% you call them names. On an online message board. Lolz! Teehee! But I’m pathetic. Silly rabbit.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Yes, highly respected here, sure ;)

• GameTime

Participant

I think a lot of folks are laughing. This pick isn’t gonna make or break anything. It’s a lottery pick for when Brady hangs it up. There were no homeruns on the board and no one is putting names in trasks selection.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Oh the irony!!😂🤣😂

Very doubtful.

Bit him? Look at you, worked into a frenzy, frothing at the mouth non-sensically. You must be real hurt to be projecting like this 😂. Fact of the matter is people come to this board to discuss football, and you are lowering the quality of the board by regurgitating the same emotional talking points over and over. Go ahead and get the last word like all women must, just in the future, work on being less of an irritant on the board, flooding it with emotion like a locust.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Couldn’t care less what anyone online thinks of me.

That’s abundantly clear, Dr. Debucsown.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Couldn’t care less what anyone online thinks of me.

Hey i gladly ate crow on that one lol.

I feel bad for anyone who lives their life based on what others think. I live my best life 24/7/365. Dgaf what anyone thinks. Especially strangers online.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Can’t wait to see Evans back from that catastrophic knee injury that ended his season last year.

God Bless the astute medical professionals we have roaming the RB who can immediately diagnose injury from their couch.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Yeah I am a Trask fan and he has a lot to work on, but will be able to make the improvements necessary, seeing as he hasn’t even played a lot of football at this point and he tends to improve. But other than that, you people on both sides of this worry way too much. I guess that’s what makes a great message board is people worrying about things they have no business worrying about. Go Bucs!

• aquilus

Participant

The #1 reason the hate is here for Trask

Comes down to three letters F.S.U

Lot of FSU fans who are Bucs fans…they hung onto Jameis’s jock for 2 years too long and won’t give Trask a single snap

That’s the root of all the hate

• Anonymous

Inactive

The #1 reason the hate is here for Trask

Comes down to three letters F.S.U

Lot of FSU fans who are Bucs fans…they hung onto Jameis’s jock for 2 years too long and won’t give Trask a single snap

That’s the root of all the hate

No, it’s more about who drafted the player more so than the players themselves.

At least that’s what I think

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

My question is, why would anyone be excited about this noodle armed turd? I mean unless you want to be excited about a career backup or 3rd QB.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Wait wasn’t a lot of professional talent evaluators on this site saying the same about Tom Brady? Slow your roll people.

• theknees

Participant

Wait wasn’t a lot of professional talent evaluators on this site saying the same about Tom Brady? Slow your roll people.

*weren’t a lot…

It’s weird…

Viewing 96 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.