Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 94 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

Dude lit it up in his 2 biggest games of the season, Georgia and Alabama. He had the best game any QB had against Bama this year, way better than Fields. Most of the critiques I hear sound like just talking shit more than anything else. Is it just gator haters? (which I’ve got no dog in that race)

• Boid Fink

Participant

Why add to the pile of Trask threads that have gone in depth about this already. Just curious.

• Swash

Participant

Boid , you’re one of my favorite posters. But bro you’ve not gone into depth about Trask its just been bitching about it. Can we have one objective thread on this topic please?

• BucsBay

Participant

Because I’m hoping someone wants to back up there hate with some instances of actual in game issues. The other threads all have too much useless generalizations and “trash” talking. I don’t get the hate

• Donkey

Participant

Arians seems very excited to have kyle to develop. Also seems like a great kid. Who knows how it will pan out but I’m willing to give him a chance and I’ll root for him.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Trask will be a solid backup for years to come.

Build the trenches!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Arians develop trask?

2021 will be his last year.

Which one you ask?

Both likely.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I wasn’t wowed by him to really go for a qb when we could use more depth when going for a repeat. I realize he’s here to learn from Brady meaning he’s not a finished product. Some people have doubts he can get to that finished product in a good way and I understand that. At the same time we don’t know and will have to wait to find out. That I’m fine with as well since we have the goat and have no idea how much longer he has to go. Consider it a good thing if we never have to find out since that would mean Brady played long enough to the point where a guy like Trask had to play to progress. Then you think about someone else at that point. Ideally when Brady moves on he is ready to go and the drop off in play isn’t that bad.

• Bucko40

Participant

Personally I wanted Mond. Fact is the Professionals had their choice of Trask, Mond and Mills and they chose Trask. I have no Florida allignece being a OSU Alum. Give this pick a couple of years and revisit.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Dude lit it up in his 2 biggest games of the season, Georgia and Alabama. He had the best game any QB had against Bama this year, way better than Fields. Most of the critiques I hear sound like just talking shit more than anything else. Is it just gator haters? (which I’ve got no dog in that race)

Anyone with the name “Kyle” has no chance at stardom. Sorry, he’s bound for mediocrity. :)

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yeah right? Arians is t here to build for posterity. That pick smells like Jason Licht. Trask was another shit pick by Licht. Simple as that.

Arians develop trask?

2021 will be his last year.

Which one you ask?

Both likely.

• Diehart fisherman

Participant

This smells like cry babies. Another shit post by !!!!!!!

• adkindo

Participant

First, there is a 99+% chance that Trask will never sniff the level of success of Tom Brady in the NFL. That said, what is the big difference between Brady and Trask coming out of college? Both had solid but not great arms. Both were considered intelligent and accurate. Neither were mobile, but showed ability to move in the pocket. If we would have used the 64th pick on Brady in 2000, most of us would not have been jumping for joy when announced….right? Trask will either develop into a solid NFL backup (or starter, or All Pro, or HOF’er) or he will be out of the league….that will depend on his abilities, work ethic and personal will. It would seem like the perfect situation for him personally to increase his chances of success in the NFL. As I have stated, I would have went Davis Mills, but it is clear the FO/Arians saw something they liked in Trask. Once he takes the field in Bucs practice gear, he will have my full support to succeed.

• Greattimes

Participant

The hate is because Trask does not have a cannon of an arm like JaMarcus Russell, Can’t run like Robert Griffin III, and can’t train dogs like Michael Vick.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Trask’s mechanics are bad along with his footwork. And he doesn’t have athleticism to compensate until his mechanics can be cleaned up.

Build the trenches!

• Biggs3535

Participant

Alldaway 2.0 wrote:

Trask’s mechanics are bad along with his footwork. And he doesn’t have athleticism to compensate until his mechanics can be cleaned up.

Somehow, he’s accurate as hell with those bad mechanics and poor footwork.

• Barnz1

Participant

Because we’re in a super rare SB win now window and spent a 2nd round pick on a likely career backup QB who wouldn’t really offer much more than Gabbert if worst come to worse

Could’ve got a really talented corner, OL or DL for that pick to help some certain weak spots. The team isn’t perfect just because we won the SB. Other teams have better picks than us because that’s how the draft order works. Other teams are picking up starters to help them.

The pick reeks of arrogance that we’re so far ahead of everyone else that we can afford to burn a pick on a guy who won’t contribute at all. Some would say the arrogance is warranted given we won and fair enough. But it could very well come back to bite us.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

The hate is because Trask does not have a cannon of an arm like JaMarcus Russell, Can’t run like Robert Griffin III, and can’t train dogs like Michael Vick.

He doesn’t quite have Kyle Boller’s cannon either, Johnny Manziel’s improv ability or Ryan Leaf’s pharmaceutical acumen.

• Joey

Participant

Seems Brady was with ne making another super bowl run and they drafted a qb in the second round and no one had a problem with it. Not that unusual really.

• BucsFan83

Participant

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/203116571.html

Seems like no one wanted to give Aaron Rodgers a chance when he was first drafted either. The funny thing is he got compared to Kyle Boller, lol. I was trying to do some research about his mechanics, because if I remember correctly he didn’t have great mechanics either.

• Donkey

Participant

And that guy was a small school guy that played against crap competition and doesn’t have the size or arm of Trask.

Seems Brady was with ne making another super bowl run and they drafted a qb in the second round and no one had a problem with it. Not that unusual really.

• Runole

Participant

An argument could be made that Trask performed better than Jones last season and I believe is a more powerful runner and bigger 6’5″ 236 compared 6’3″217.

• Boid Fink

Participant

That will change when NFL defenses break on his noodle armed floaters, or gets sacked because he holds the ball too long. He is such a bad pick for where the Bucs selected him. Massive overreach.

Alldaway 2.0 wrote:

• Boid Fink

Participant

And he sucks. Yup. Reasons sound about right.

An argument could be made that Trask performed better than Jones last season and I believe is a more powerful runner and bigger 6’5″ 236 compared 6’3″217.

• Runole

Participant

And he sucks. Yup. Reasons sound about right.

Your crusade against Trask continues to be hopeless. Carry On!

• Donkey

Participant

He was actually named for Kyle Stadium (Texas A&M)

Anyone with the name “Kyle” has no chance at stardom. Sorry, he’s bound for mediocrity. :)

• Schwifty9

Participant

This might have something to do with it.

Kyle Trask has a below average arm by NFL standards and no physical upside and will almost certainly be a career backup.

According to Arians we have every intention of re-signing Blaine Gabbart so we spent a 2nd round pick on a #3 QB instead of drafting a player who can make an impact this year.

So essentially, we wasted a premium pick.

• BucHarbour

Participant

You seriously didn’t use the one game that had his top 5 targets out of the game (opting out for the draft) and where he only had about a week’s worth of practice to prepare, did you? Do you have any clue how difficult it is to adjust to a completely new WR/TE group in one week? Remember Brady being off with our receivers for a few games early last year? And he actually has some practice with them before the season. Why don’t you post his highlights from the Bama and Georgia game? Exactly!

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, somehow he’s able to hit wide open receivers in Pitts and Toney. He was a fine college QB. His talents on tape don’t translate to 2nd round draft capital.

• Natural Selection

Participant

I don’t hate Trask, more hate the pick. I don’t see the point of using a second now on a QB with limited potential. I don’t see/hear anyone talking about Trask potentially developing into a top 10 franchise QB. Our staff immediately said resigning our back up QB is still a priority. Then compared Trask to Brad Johnson. It feels like we drafted a developmental QB because that’s what the manual said we should do to “ensure the future”. When we could sign a Fitz level FA QB damn near every season if/when we need one. Why draft a guy you think is likely that tier of potential? So the pantry is bare at “future QB”, when who gives a shit honestly? Why not squeeze every drop out of this window? I think it’s just stupid to “future plan” and check boxes. No one seems really excited about Trask. No one sees him as maybe the next Breez/Brady/Rogers. So it feels like a complete waste. We don’t even want him to potentially play in 2021. If he can’t beat out Griffen and get him cut it becomes a complete shit show with 4 QBs.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Exactly. So many reasons to hate this pick. The wasted draft capital on a 4th round project with limited tools (even GottaJaboo sees it you clowns). Just a terrible contingency plan…a boneheaded move by Licht. This pick was a waste and you guys are being homers otherwise. Trash.

I don’t hate Trask, more hate the pick. I don’t see the point of using a second now on a QB with limited potential. I don’t see/hear anyone talking about Trask potentially developing into a top 10 franchise QB. Our staff immediately said resigning our back up QB is still a priority. Then compared Trask to Brad Johnson. It feels like we drafted a developmental QB because that’s what the manual said we should do to “ensure the future”. When we could sign a Fitz level FA QB damn near every season if/when we need one. Why draft a guy you think is likely that tier of potential? So the pantry is bare at “future QB”, when who gives a shit honestly? Why not squeeze every drop out of this window? I think it’s just stupid to “future plan” and check boxes. No one seems really excited about Trask. No one sees him as maybe the next Breez/Brady/Rogers. So it feels like a complete waste. We don’t even want him to potentially play in 2021. If he can’t beat out Griffen and get him cut it becomes a complete shit show with 4 QBs.

• Biggs3535

Participant

That will change when NFL defenses break on his noodle armed floaters, or gets sacked because he holds the ball too long.

That’s certainly possible, as is mechanical and footwork improvements. Hopefully, we won’t see take a snap in a regular season game for a couple years.

He is such a bad pick for where the Bucs selected him. Massive overreach.

Most people had Trask as a late 1st, 2nd, or early 3rd. He went exactly where he was supposed to go. You can like or dislike the selection, but he most definitely wasn’t a “massive overreach.”

even GottaJaboo sees it you clowns

This should tell you something. What was this fella telling the world about Tom Brady this time last year? And about Jameis Winston the year(s) before that?

• Boid Fink

Participant

I said he was an overreach not because of what most people pegged him as. I have been very very clear of what I think about the pick. And since I feel this way, it was indeed a massive overreach considering the logic of the selection.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I don’t get the hate either. Trask lit it up in college and had plenty of weapons on offense. He will have even better weapons here. He’s got a year or two to sit and learn under the best there ever was at QB. He probably will not become another TB12, but no one ever will.

Give the kid a chance. I can see what Arians and Licht are doing… picking guys they can groom as replacements for certain positions in 2022 and beyond.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

big qb with some of the slowest throws you’ll see

how does a guy that big not able to put more on the ball?

Idk. This pick is 100% on Bruce, it’s his offense and he’s friends with Trask’s college coach.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Arians is t going to be around as a coach much longer. His famous quote regarding offensive linemen has been (pre-Wirfs), is that you draft them for the next coach to groom. I feel the same away about a physically underwhelming, and noodle armed QB who won’t see the field for two seasons. This was a Licht pick. And again, a poor one.

I don’t get the hate either. Trask lit it up in college and had plenty of weapons on offense. He will have even better weapons here. He’s got a year or two to sit and learn under the best there ever was at QB. He probably will not become another TB12, but no one ever will.

Give the kid a chance. I can see what Arians and Licht are doing… picking guys they can groom as replacements for certain positions in 2022 and beyond.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I see this is a Licht pick, with maybe a small shoulder shrug from Arians who is loyal to his friends. I just cannot fathom Arians trying to groom a rookie QB at this point in his life. He will retire soon, and do so happily.

big qb with some of the slowest throws you’ll see

how does a guy that big not able to put more on the ball?

Idk. This pick is 100% on Bruce, it’s his offense and he’s friends with Trask’s college coach.

• obuc

Participant

I heard his lack of velocity is a mechanical issue that they can fix. The important thing is accuracy, movement in the pocket and not getting tunnel vision, ie, progressions. I think he has all that.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

It was pretty clear that Arians/JL were eyeing Trask for some time now.

Will be interesting to see if Byron and staff can work on his mechanics.

And, obviously, nobody better than Brady to learn behind.