Viewing 40 reply threads

• Author

• bradentonian

Participant

Certainly hard to believe, but this guy knows the Texans better than anyonehttp://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news

Johnny Manziel - QB - PlayerJohn McClain of the Houston Chronicle projects the Texans to use the No. 1 overall pick on Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel.Mock drafts can almost always be crumpled up and thrown away as garbage. But this projection is notable because McClain is nationally respected and plugged in to all things Texans. He continues to be staunch in his belief that the team will be taking a quarterback at No. 1 overall despite the recent push for South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney. The draft is four weeks from Thursday.Related: TexansSource: Houston Chronicle Apr 7 - 11:25 AM

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope – Clowney will.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope they DO pick him. But I doubt it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is possible. Considering a month from tomorrow is the draft we still have a whole entire month of speculation. I still think they will roll with Clowney.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing would surprise me with JFF. He could go anywhere from 1st overall to the second round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing would surprise me with JFF. He could go anywhere from 1st overall to the second round.[/quoteThis. He could be the first guy at the podium or he could be sitting around till day 2. I have no clue what to expect haha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as I think manziel will be a good football player, I also believe he’s a bad pick at 1.It's good to have an ego(confidence), which he already has, but him being picked first overall just begs the words "over inflated ego." Lower in the round I would think he would have a chip on his shoulder.Most of the game is psychological, and I believe that would be setting him up to fail.I think they will end up drafting clowney or trade down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Considering the reason they were so bad last year was the QB situation, or at least that’s who they blame, I can see them taking a QB #1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans have a great defense in place. They have a great running game in place. They have good receivers. If they take Manziel they are basically a Seahawks clone. Seems like a good strategy. Especially in this copy cat league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Texans have a great defense in place. They have a great running game in place. They have good receivers. If they take Manziel they are basically a Seahawks clone. Seems like a good strategy. Especially in this copy cat league.

I tend to agree, except I believe JFF is a lot more prone to the turnover than Russell Wilson.

Please wait…

• Scholty

Participant

Houston would be stupid to not take Clowney (best player) or Robinson (best fits need & least risk).There's no reason to draft a QB that will be an immediate starter who will get clobbered every game.  They'd be smart to pass on QB and hope Bridgewater or Carr slip to the 2nd round or take Garoppolo, McCarron, Murray, or Savage later.Though I'm hoping anyone and everyone goes QB happy in front of us and we end up with a stud like Robinson, Mack, Matthews, or Watkins falling in our lap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater is the Wilson clone if you ask me. He is smart with the football and only runs when his pocket is collapsing. JFF shows none of that discipline. He is a cowboy back there.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

The Texans will be spoilt for choice choosing between Clowney, Mack, Manziel and so on. Not sure who the best pick for them will be, but they do have a very good defense, and enough offensive pieces in place to take a QB first overall if it’s the right guy. But like most I think passing on a guy like Clowney or even Mack could be hard to do, when potentially the likes of Carr, McCarron, Mettenberger and co should be available.But I agree with Antiramie, the more that take QBs above us, the better chance we have to land a stud with our own pick without having to move up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Certainly hard to believe, but this guy knows the Texans better than anyone

I wonder who McClain had them picking in the '06 draft?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing would surprise me with JFF. He could go anywhere from 1st overall to the second round.

there's no way in hell he last til the 2nd round

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont know, I have heard many many analysts say they see nothing from his college game that translates to the pros.  Throw is that he is as slight as Bieber and you could see him drop quite a bit. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont know, I have heard many many analysts say they see nothing from his college game that translates to the pros.  Throw is that he is as slight as Bieber and you could see him drop quite a bit.

You know what? I used to side with you. I'm one of the few fans of Glennon on here and used to find your posts insightful. But, now, I just think of you as an idiot. Pushing a ridiculous agenda. Light as Bieber? Really?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You know what? I used to side with you. I'm one of the few fans of Glennon on here and used to find your posts insightful. But, now, I just think of you as an idiot. Pushing a ridiculous agenda. Light as Bieber? Really?

As slight - you can't tell me you think Manziel has the build to play in the NFL.  That would actually be my #1 knock on him.  Beiber may have been a bad example but it's all I could come up with.  He's not Russell Wilson in body stature and that historically doesn't last too long in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope so. The closer he gets to #7, the more likely PR will crash…  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PR will be crashed on draft day regardless, they always are

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Certainly hard to believe, but this guy knows the Texans better than anyonehttp://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news

Johnny Manziel - QB - PlayerJohn McClain of the Houston Chronicle projects the Texans to use the No. 1 overall pick on Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel.Mock drafts can almost always be crumpled up and thrown away as garbage. But this projection is notable because McClain is nationally respected and plugged in to all things Texans. He continues to be staunch in his belief that the team will be taking a quarterback at No. 1 overall despite the recent push for South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney. The draft is four weeks from Thursday.Related: TexansSource: Houston Chronicle Apr 7 - 11:25 AM

You may be right about the author knowing the Texans bette than anyone, but I think he may not be accounting for the new Head Coach’s history.  He has bee associated with more prototypical QBs and offenses in the NFL.  If he took JFF he would (by many accounts) have to tailor an offense to fit his style of play.  The QB that would better fit what the coach has been aligned with before is Bortles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As slight - you can't tell me you think Manziel has the build to play in the NFL.  That would actually be my #1 knock on him.  Beiber may have been a bad example but it's all I could come up with.  He's not Russell Wilson in body stature and that historically doesn't last too long in the NFL.

Combine Numbers...Wilson - 5'11" 204lbsManziel - 6ft  207lbsThey have different builds. Wilson is stockier with thicker arms and legs. Johnny has a solid core with thinner arms and legs....but in the end Manziel is in fact slightly bigger. Or is there a giant conspiracy at the combine? Lol. Truth is Johnny can/will add some thickness to his arms and legs. He is barely 21 and everyone adds bulk as that get older. His core is solid as fug though, so injury should not be a concern. You are desperately grabbing for anything because you are running out of valid reasons to hate on Manziel.  You can't even except facts when they are posted in front of your face.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Combine Numbers...Wilson - 5'11" 204lbsManziel - 6ft  207lbsThey have different builds. Wilson is stockier with thicker arms and legs. Johnny has a solid core with thinner arms and legs....but in the end Manziel is in fact slightly bigger. Or is there a giant conspiracy at the combine? Lol. Truth is Johnny can/will add some thickness to his arms and legs. He is barely 21 and everyone adds bulk as that get older. His core is solid as fug though, so injury should not be a concern. You are desperately grabbing for anything because you are running out of valid reasons to hate on Manziel.  You can't even except facts when they are posted in front of your face.

Like most people with an opinion I didn't pull it out of thin air. Most analysts I respect feel the same way.    I see a solid product of marketing when I see JFF. He's fun to watch, he'll sell Jerseys, and be all the buzz for the first season.  Then the shizzzz storm starts.  We can agree to disagree on how high his star will rise and I'm not an "I told you so" kind of guy I just have never seen the attraction to JFF in the NFL. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can’t agree to disagree that he is smaller than Russell Wilson because it’s not true. It’s not an opinion. It’s fact. JFF is slightly bigger than Wilson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel wears size 15 shoes and has huge hands.  and assuming the old adage is correct, must also have huge nads.  and based on how he plays I believe it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is a solidly built guy. He needs to work on adding mass to his shoulder/bicep area…..but other than that he is solid. An NFL trainer will help him do what he needs to and it will just make him that much better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JFF going #1 would be a win for all teams in the top ten.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JFF going #1 would be a win for all teams in the top ten.

Except for the Texans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t take this anymore

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many games did Manziel miss in the SEC again after taking all those shots and running all the time?The answer:  ZERO.He may get hurt in the NFL.  BUt a toe can fell Carl Nicks, so anything goes...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love JFF but he shouldn’t/won’t go #1. If he’s who Houston covets they’d be wise to trade back with Atlanta if possible because I expect he’ll still be there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You may be right about the author knowing the Texans bette than anyone, but I think he may not be accounting for the new Head Coach's history.  He has bee associated with more prototypical QBs and offenses in the NFL.  If he took JFF he would (by many accounts) have to tailor an offense to fit his style of play.  The QB that would better fit what the coach has been aligned with before is Bortles.

You are absolutely correct, but it might come down to an owner's decision, and the local hero could mean big $$

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You may be right about the author knowing the Texans bette than anyone, but I think he may not be accounting for the new Head Coach's history.  He has bee associated with more prototypical QBs and offenses in the NFL.  If he took JFF he would (by many accounts) have to tailor an offense to fit his style of play.  The QB that would better fit what the coach has been aligned with before is Bortles.

You are absolutely correct, but it might come down to an owner's decision, and the local hero could mean big $$

that could happen, but my thinking is if it does, they will be looking for a new HC in a couple of years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can only hope so.....-signed The Rams-

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

johnnykaepernick.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they are smart, they will take Manziel.  That would sure screw the Bucs over though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

johnnykaepernick.gif

Checking to see if he used deodorant?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sshh.....don't tell Java, JavaRay, JDog, Larry or whoever he is today!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spurrier said it best. The experts can’t agree who is the top QB in the class but everyone agrees Clowney is the best player in this draft. Easy decision at #1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The more I think about it the more I think Manziel will be available when we pick at 7. I just don’t think we draft him.

Please wait…

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.