Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 77 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Why Glennon will be a Buccaneer in 15' and benefit from the presence of Winston Apr 2, 2015, 6:24pm      16809217897_2939e48256_o.jpgAll off-season we have heard about trade rumors on the Bucs fielding calls from teams interested and desperate for a new hope at their QB position for the 2015 NFL season. I have reason to believe he will still be on Tampa's roster at the start of week 1 this year. Also I believe he will be benefiting greatly on the presence of Jameis Winston(if the consensus remains with the Bucs taking him with the 1pick of this year's NFL Draft.)First let's start with the rumors on Glennon. Lovie Smith admitted at the owners meetings held in Phoenix this past month that they have been fielding calls on Glennon from teams eager to acquire new talent at the QB position. I have reason to believe the Bucs will not be trading Glennon unless the get a very high draft pick in exchange for him,say a 2nd round in this year's draft. Tampa did not pick up a free agent QB during free agency and by doing so will less likely do so now. All the average back up QBs that were Available inn free agency we snatched up faster the free samples at your local supermarket. Heck even turn over prone Josh McCown was signed by the Brown's for a hefty lump of change. Who's left now on the market? Umm,maybe just the back up to the back up QB. If Lovie was going to get rid of Glennon he would've showed it by signing a QB in free agency to mentor Jameis Winston. Also if Lovie took into consideration the what happened to the Cardinals last year he won't want to be in that same position and Glennon has proven he can win in this league and even more beat annual playoff teams.Now to the other point, no one will benefit more from Winston's presence than Mike Glennon. You ask yourself, how could Mike benefit from Jameis? For one Winston and Glennon have more in common than you think. Both have strong arms capable of making any throw they're given. Both are pocket passers and last, they both love throwing into tight windows. Out of the 2, Winston it's the clear leader inn all aspects. Last year when Tampa had McCown he was talked about how great of a mentor and leader he was and hope much he could help Glennon excel at the QB position. Well I have news for you,Winston will up Mike's game by a lot. He will teach him on how to throw the ball perfectly before the receiver breaks from their route and help him develop his timing and ball placement. The kid had the arm and he's willing to make tough throws so who better than to teach him the proper techniques.Also Glennon has always struggled with his pocket presence. We have all seen for ourselves how he struggles when the pocket collapses and if you've watched any off Winston's games you will see he maintains good posture with his eyes down the field even though he knows he will be hit after making the throw. Again,who better than Winston to show him the way.I know their are Glennon mobs all over Florida calling for him to get a fair shot at being the franchise QB but this could be what the kid needs. Kinda like the situation in Green Bay with Favre and Rodgers. Maybe Lovie was right,he could be our QB of the future. The distant future. PollWill Mike Glennon be on the Tampa roster come 2015 and will he benefit from Jameis Winston's presence?24% Yes he will be on the roster and he will benefit greatly from Jameis (5 votes)38% He will be on the roster but having Jameis will not have any influence on his improvement (8 votes)38% Glennon will be traded during the NFL Draft (8 votes)21 votes totallink

• install

Participant

Nope … He will be traded to the Saints

• lolschwartz

Participant

I think he’ll still be on the roster but Jameis won’t have any effect on him. Why would we use Jameis to groom Glennon to be the QB of the future when we would have Jameis? That makes no sense.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah the premise of this article is pretty stupid.

• GARCIAFAN

Participant

It's well beyond stupid, it's fucking absurd.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will be on this team as an insurance policy. That’s it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

One more option:Glennon will be named the starter after the team trades down and selects OT and DE with their first two picks in the draft.

• GARCIAFAN

Participant

One more option: Winston will be a detriment to Glennon and everyone else.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ding, Ding, Ding.. We have a winner. Wait tip this kid loses 5 or 6 in a row on a bad team and see what he turns into.

• install

Participant

One more option , Glennon will be sexually assaulted by a new draft pick

• mjarvis1

Participant

One more option , Glennon will be sexually assaulted by a new draft pick

trolololololololol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike will be named the starter and Winston/Mariota will sit the entire season. I’m not sure why people think Winston/Mariota will be ready to start day one. There is so much to learn about being an NFL QB. The first lesson is to be humble and earn your way as the starter.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike will be named the starter and Winston/Mariota will sit the entire season. I'm not sure why people think Winston/Mariota will be ready to start day one. There is so much to learn about being an NFL QB. The first lesson is to be humble and earn your way as the starter.

Yet, you claim Mike will be GIVEN the starting job. What exactly has he done to EARN it?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike will be named the starter and Winston/Mariota will sit the entire season. I'm not sure why people think Winston/Mariota will be ready to start day one. There is so much to learn about being an NFL QB. The first lesson is to be humble and earn your way as the starter.

Yet, you claim Mike will be GIVEN the starting job. What exactly has he done to EARN it?

He should be given a chance with an improved OC and o-line. I'm sure even you want to make sure the Bucs get this right. Don't put all your eggs in one basket this Sunday, Donk.  ;)

• Anonymous

Inactive

He should be given a chance with an improved OC and o-line. I'm sure even you want to make sure the Bucs get this right. Don't put all your eggs in one basket this Sunday, Donk.  ;)

He should be given a chance to compete with Winston (assuming he's the pick) during TC. Mike has earned a roster spot. That's it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he is traded draft day.  And I don’t see how he could help Jameis with much of anything. Maybe showing him where to park, and getting around the building?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he is traded draft day.  And I don't see how he could help Jameis with much of anything. Maybe showing him where to park, and getting around the building?

He can carry Winston's bags.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he is traded draft day.  And I don't see how he could help Jameis with much of anything. Maybe showing him where to park, and getting around the building?

lolBP is not going to like that comment.

• Anonymous

Inactive

BP is not going to like April 30th.

• Anonymous

Inactive

BP is going to be right when Mike is the starter to open the season. It is then up to him to keep the new flavor on the bench. BTW, the new flavor is going to be strawberry. You know why? Because there is going to be more picking than a Plant City strawberry farm when he comes into the game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

BP is going to be right when Mike is the starter to open the season. It is then up to him to keep the new flavor on the bench. BTW, the new flavor is going to be strawberry. You know why? Because there is going to be more picking than a Plant City strawberry farm when he comes into the game.

Hmm...A guy who's one of the best QB prospects everVs. A guy who's ceiling is that of Kyle OrtonGlennon has earned a shot at competing for the starting job. He's done nothing to have it handed to him. Well...unless we are preparing to tank again. He played a nice role in that last season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmm...A guy who's one of the best QB prospects everVs. A guy who's ceiling is that of Kyle OrtonGlennon has earned a shot at competing for the starting job. He's done nothing to have it handed to him. Well...unless we are preparing to tank again. He played a nice role in that last season.

I'm sure he will beat out a rookie QB who is known for throwing picks or one who is a product of a system.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm sure he will beat out a rookie QB who is known for throwing picks

Funny, considering Glennon threw more pics in his 2 years as a starter in college compared to Winston's 2 seasons...

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon is starting Winston is a bust. He is supposed to be “pro ready” and I will hold him to that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon is starting Winston is a bust. He is supposed to be "pro ready" and I will hold him to that.

Please...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why Glennon will be a Buccaneer in 15' and benefit from the presence of Winston Apr 2, 2015, 6:24pm      16809217897_2939e48256_o.jpgAll off-season we have heard about trade rumors on the Bucs fielding calls from teams interested and desperate for a new hope at their QB position for the 2015 NFL season. I have reason to believe he will still be on Tampa's roster at the start of week 1 this year. Also I believe he will be benefiting greatly on the presence of Jameis Winston(if the consensus remains with the Bucs taking him with the 1pick of this year's NFL Draft.)First let's start with the rumors on Glennon. Lovie Smith admitted at the owners meetings held in Phoenix this past month that they have been fielding calls on Glennon from teams eager to acquire new talent at the QB position. I have reason to believe the Bucs will not be trading Glennon unless the get a very high draft pick in exchange for him,say a 2nd round in this year's draft. Tampa did not pick up a free agent QB during free agency and by doing so will less likely do so now. All the average back up QBs that were Available inn free agency we snatched up faster the free samples at your local supermarket. Heck even turn over prone Josh McCown was signed by the Brown's for a hefty lump of change. Who's left now on the market? Umm,maybe just the back up to the back up QB. If Lovie was going to get rid of Glennon he would've showed it by signing a QB in free agency to mentor Jameis Winston. Also if Lovie took into consideration the what happened to the Cardinals last year he won't want to be in that same position and Glennon has proven he can win in this league and even more beat annual playoff teams.Now to the other point, no one will benefit more from Winston's presence than Mike Glennon. You ask yourself, how could Mike benefit from Jameis? For one Winston and Glennon have more in common than you think. Both have strong arms capable of making any throw they're given. Both are pocket passers and last, they both love throwing into tight windows. Out of the 2, Winston it's the clear leader inn all aspects. Last year when Tampa had McCown he was talked about how great of a mentor and leader he was and hope much he could help Glennon excel at the QB position. Well I have news for you,Winston will up Mike's game by a lot. He will teach him on how to throw the ball perfectly before the receiver breaks from their route and help him develop his timing and ball placement. The kid had the arm and he's willing to make tough throws so who better than to teach him the proper techniques.Also Glennon has always struggled with his pocket presence. We have all seen for ourselves how he struggles when the pocket collapses and if you've watched any off Winston's games you will see he maintains good posture with his eyes down the field even though he knows he will be hit after making the throw. Again,who better than Winston to show him the way.I know their are Glennon mobs all over Florida calling for him to get a fair shot at being the franchise QB but this could be what the kid needs. Kinda like the situation in Green Bay with Favre and Rodgers. Maybe Lovie was right,he could be our QB of the future. The distant future. PollWill Mike Glennon be on the Tampa roster come 2015 and will he benefit from Jameis Winston's presence?24% Yes he will be on the roster and he will benefit greatly from Jameis (5 votes)38% He will be on the roster but having Jameis will not have any influence on his improvement (8 votes)38% Glennon will be traded during the NFL Draft (8 votes)21 votes totallink

How about he will be on the roster and will start due to poor performances by Jameis.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dont back off “pro ready” now Donkey !!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dont back off "pro ready" now Donkey !!

So, he doesn't start week one, he's a bust?  Lol!!!!You're a funny guy, Dolo!

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no reason to pick him over Mariota other than he will supposedly be ready on day 1. If he is not? Epic fail . Lovie and Licht wont be around to see the rest.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why Lovie wants Mike on this team. Winston is not pro ready. I'm going to enjoy watching the two compete for the starting job. It will only make our team better in the long run.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no reason to pick him over Mariota other than he will supposedly be ready on day 1. If he doesnt ? Epic fail .

Sure, buddy. Keep telling yourself that. He's a better NFL prospect than Mariota. Period. Hell, you'll come up with 5 more accounts before Mariota gets his 1st start.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wisenhunt already said he will start Mariota on day 1. Why are u mad ? Afraid Glennon will beat him out ?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wisenhunt already said he will start Mariota on day 1. Why are u mad ? Afraid Glennon will beat him out ?

So, are you guaranteeing Tenn takes Mariota at #2?I'm not mad at all. We are 3 weeks away from drafting a franchise QB! Finally!

• Anonymous

Inactive

And when the Titans pass on him?

• Anonymous

Inactive

They wont pass. They will either pick him or trade the pick to someone who will. Book it Booker.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They wont pass. They will either pick him or trade the pick to someone who will. Book it Booker.

You literally contradicted yourself in that post. They won't pass, unless they do by trading it....

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon is starting Winston is a bust. He is supposed to be "pro ready" and I will hold him to that.

I had no idea you wielded such power.  Oh, by the way, whom might you be holding to what? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why Lovie wants Mike on this team. Winston is not pro ready. I'm going to enjoy watching the two compete for the starting job. It will only make our team better in the long run.

Not to be to critical, but Glennon couldn't take the starting job from McCown, who was having a poor year for himself.  I don't see any logic in your statement.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You literally contradicted yourself in that post. They won't pass, unless they do by trading it....

It is the continual changing of names I suspect, leaves some folks spinning out of control

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon does not start the season, BP is moving to Thailand. She already has a job application turned in there, at the Golden Arches establishment.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Owned by Booker. So, which one is it, Dolo?

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon does not start the season, BP is moving to Thailand. She already has a job application turned in there, at the Golden Arches establishment.

AJ, you know people are reading your post and saying WTF. Just sayin.  ???

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing Glennon can tutor Jameis on is eating leaves out of tall trees… but I’m not sure how much that really ‘helps’…….

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOLYou know I love ya B.  If me and Donk were not already married, we would be fighting over you big time.  But sad to say, I would be outmatched. He has the auto weapons and all.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ding, Ding, Ding.. We have a winner. Wait tip this kid loses 5 or 6 in a row on a bad team and see what he turns into.

based on??

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike will be named the starter and Winston/Mariota will sit the entire season.

you need to put on a robe, your bias is showing.#delusional

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing Glennon can tutor Jameis on is eating leaves out of tall trees... but I'm not sure how much that really 'helps'.......

In addition to teaching him how to conduct himself like a pro, he might be able to teach Crabs how to handle himself with class and how to pay for things when he leaves a store.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just remember to say how wrong you were when you are watching Mike start the season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just remember to say how wrong you were when you are watching Mike start the season.

We're tanking again?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love your confidence B, but I don't think he makes it that far. I think he has 25 days left to be a Buc.

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOLYou know I love ya B.  If me and Donk were not already married, we would be fighting over you big time.  But sad to say, I would be outmatched. He has the auto weapons and all.

Must be how the girls in the Wild West felt. The guys with the guns got the girls. This might seem crazy,  but the guy I have been seeing doesn't like sports. I'm not sure how far this will go. LOL

• Anonymous

Inactive

We're tanking again?

I've got guns too, mister!  :D

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love your confidence B, but I don't think he makes it that far. I think he has 25 days left to be a Buc.

Wrong-O!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think at his height, Glennon needs to be about 250 pounds in order to function in an NFL pocket without being destroyed. I have counted two occasions where he looked like he was hit really hard and IMO just doesn’t have enough meat on him. One or two more years on the weight gain diet and he should be ready. I really hope we keep Glennon now that he is nearly ready to go. He is a servicable backup and once he has more meat on his bones, his potential is going to rise. Anyone have any idea his current weight?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Must be how the girls in the Wild West felt. The guys with the guns got the girls. This might seem crazy,  but the guy I have been seeing doesn't like sports. I'm not sure how far this will go. LOL

Red flag alert !

• Anonymous

Inactive

I ain't married yet!!  ;)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wrong-O!!!

Its not necessarily a bad thing B.  The way I look at it, give the guy a chance. Let him go somewhere and compete for the starting gig. Somewhere with a great QB guru, like San Diego for example. And it would be good for him, and we get a nice draft pick out of the deal.

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL  Ok my bad.

• Anonymous

Inactive

do you believe glennon is pro ready?

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL  Ok my bad.

Lol. All good, buddy!

• Anonymous

Inactive

BP, What does Glennon do better than Winston as a QB?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not only did you proclaim that Glennon will start, you go on to state that he'll force Winston/Mariota to sit the entire season.Let's hope that you are prepared to say how wrong you were......if you're still around when Mike gets relegated to chief operating officer in charge of clipboard holding.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think at his height, Glennon needs to be about 250 pounds in order to function in an NFL pocket without being destroyed. I have counted two occasions where he looked like he was hit really hard and IMO just doesn't have enough meat on him. One or two more years on the weight gain diet and he should be ready. I really hope we keep Glennon now that he is nearly ready to go. He is a servicable backup and once he has more meat on his bones, his potential is going to rise. Anyone have any idea his current weight?

Perhaps BP can answer that question....

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not only did you proclaim that Glennon will start, you go on to state that he'll force Winston/Mariota to sit the entire season.Let's hope that you are prepared to say how wrong you were......if you're still around when Mike gets relegated to chief operating officer in charge of clipboard holding.

She did claim that, and its quite the ballsy statement. Wait, maybe a poor choice of words there.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He has consistently put up very similar numbers as Winston with way less talent around him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think at his height, Glennon needs to be about 250 pounds in order to function in an NFL pocket without being destroyed. I have counted two occasions where he looked like he was hit really hard and IMO just doesn't have enough meat on him. One or two more years on the weight gain diet and he should be ready. I really hope we keep Glennon now that he is nearly ready to go. He is a servicable backup and once he has more meat on his bones, his potential is going to rise. Anyone have any idea his current weight?

Perhaps BP can answer that question....

Really, Hate? Who goes around asking people how much they weigh?  ;D

• Anonymous

Inactive

She did claim that, and its quite the ballsy statement. Wait, maybe a poor choice of words there.

maybe, maybe not  ;)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe you should be more positive. If Mike keeps the #1 pick on the bench he must really be doing well. As far as me leaving the PR boards......not a chance. I have grown too fond of you all. LOL

• Anonymous

Inactive

He has consistently put up very similar numbers as Winston with way less talent around him.

That wasn't an answer to my question. Glennon's #'s7085 yards, 6.9 y/a, 60.4%, 132.3 ratingWinston's #'s7964 yards, 9.4 y/a, 66%, 163.3 ratingNo...their numbers were not similar.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe you should be more positive.

I'm positive it'll never happen.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That wasn't an answer to my question. Glennon's #'s7085 yards, 6.9 y/a, 60.4%, 132.3 ratingWinston's #'s7964 yards, 9.4 y/a, 66%, 163.3 ratingNo...their numbers were not similar.

Yeah they are close when you configure total team talent level, coaching , and stability of a system. There are several factors to consider when evaluating a player in any sport.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah they are close when you configure total team talent level, coaching , and stability of a system. There are several factors to consider when evaluating a player in any sport.

No. They're not close. So again, what does Glennon do better than Winston as a QB?

• Anonymous

Inactive

No. They're not close. So again, what does Glennon do better than Winston as a QB?

As of now, Glennon has more NFL experience. That is about all I could come up with.

• Anonymous

Inactive

As of now, Glennon has more NFL experience. That is about all I could come up with.

Runs a faster 40 time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He can chew leaves off of taller trees. So he has more survivability

• Anonymous

Inactive

He can chew leaves off of taller trees. So he has more survivability

wrong, just wrong!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon's #'s6.9 y/aWinston's #'s9.4 y/a

this is all I need to know.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll say this: Glennon won way more NC State football games than Winston did.

Viewing 77 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.