Viewing 53 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/6/18/5817326/will-mike-glennon-be-the-buccaneers-starter-before-the-year-is-overGiven McCown's history of not playing an entire season...  :-X

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are some who think Glennon will be starting week 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are some who foolishy think Glennon will be starting week 1.

Fixed that for ya.And I like Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see a reason why not.  McCown has never really done anything to impress anyone to be a go-to-guy.  Besides, the season starts off very tough with Carolina, St. Louis, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Baltimore before the bye week.  There’s a very realistic chance (since McCown will be the worst QB in every one of those match-ups), that the Bucs could start off 1-5.  At that point, the season will be over and there’ll be no reason to not go to Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Mccown is going to surprise some of you. We could have the next Rich Gannon on our hands here. Sometimes qbs don’t get good until they are old.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see a reason why not.  McCown has never really done anything to impress anyone to be a go-to-guy.  Besides, the season starts off very tough with Carolina, St. Louis, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Baltimore before the bye week.  There's a very realistic chance (since McCown will be the worst QB in every one of those match-ups), that the Bucs could start off 1-5.  At that point, the season will be over and there'll be no reason to not go to Glennon.

Last year was last year and it remains to be seen how McCown will play this year, but in 2013 he was most definitely better than Newton, Bradford, Roethlisberger, and Flacco.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Glennon needs and requires to hold the clip board this season.  He’s raw.  I’m old school folks.  Been around many many years, and this thing about rushing quarterbacks is stupidity that usually backfires.  This is the PERFECT SITUATION for the Bucs, Bucs fans, and especially Glennon, who has the potential to be extraordinary.  He needs what he was denied last season, and that it time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Given McCown’s history and our situation at guard…I wouldnt bet money on Glennon not starting at least one game this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m sure we’ll see Glennon at some point. Most QBs miss some time due to injury. I personally think if it looks like we’re headed for a mediocre season, anything in the 5-11 to 7-9 range we may as well see what we have with Glennon in this offense.I really think McCown can be very solid for us, though. He was phenomenal last year. We don't need him to be Peyton Manning, if he can be efficient like he was last year we'll be in great shape.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I'm sure we'll see Glennon at some point.  was phenomenal last year. We don't need him to be Peyton Manning, if he can be efficient like he was last year we'll be in great shape.

We will.  In pre season.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Not enough is said about what I think if pretty much a given, but I think he may be one of the brightest minds of any QB we’ve had.  The Bull was smart, Spurrier, Steve Young, who else?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why yes….crack is my drug of choice…

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

this message board is apparently all Glennon, all the time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

this message board is apparently all Glennon, all the time.

Of course, the grass is always greener.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s a backup qb driven league ;)and I like/support Mike Glennon, but I think McCown, barring injury, is the qb for this year, and possibly next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's a backup qb driven league ;)and I like/support Mike Glennon, but I think McCown, barring injury, is the qb for this year, and possibly next year.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is interesting how they structured McCown’s contract, tho’…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is interesting how they structured McCown's contract, tho'...

Smith hopes that McCown can excel in his first two years in Tampa Bay to the point where he can earn another short-term contract to close out his career in four or five more years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

if our guards don’t perform, we may be talking about who’s the 3rd qb.  I’m hopeful on Glennon (and think he’ll greatly benefit from McCown’s tutelage), but he’s a sitting duck a lot of times.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is interesting how they structured McCown's contract, tho'...

Smith hopes that McCown can excel in his first two years in Tampa Bay to the point where he can earn another short-term contract to close out his career in four or five more years.

I hope we win the Super Bowl..........

Please wait…

• kenminio

Participant

If we start weak, like 0-4 or something, I can see some pressure being put on the coaches to make a qb change. If we are looking like we will finish with an even record or winning record, McCown will start all year barring injury.My hope is that McCown plays good enough to start 2 full seasons and Glennon is groomed into becoming the starter by the 2016/2017 season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A simple question is going to be answered in the pre-season, and nothing that happens prior to the actual pre-season matters one iota.  The question:  Is a 24 year old with 13 games under his belt better suited to run our offense than a 36 year old journeyman that just had the season of his career? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A simple question is going to be answered in the pre-season, and nothing that happens prior to the actual pre-season matters one iota.  The question:  Is a 24 year old with 13 games under his belt better suited to run our offense than a 36 year old journeyman that just had the season of his career?

That's already been answered by Lovie. Quit trying to shove Glennon down people's throats. If it's meant to be it will happen without any help from you. Tossing out what's convenient for your case isn't helping either. The off season does matter the question is how much to Lovie not 10lbbass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's already been answered by Lovie. Quit trying to shove Glennon down people's throats. If it's meant to be it will happen without any help from you. Tossing out what's convenient for your case isn't helping either. The off season does matter the question is how much to Lovie not 10lbbass.

I've never indicated otherwise.  You are out of your mind if you think that that the pre-season performance isn't where the evaluation will be made on who starts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see a reason why not.  McCown has never really done anything to impress anyone to be a go-to-guy.  Besides, the season starts off very tough with Carolina, St. Louis, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, and Baltimore before the bye week.  There's a very realistic chance (since McCown will be the worst QB in every one of those match-ups), that the Bucs could start off 1-5.  At that point, the season will be over and there'll be no reason to not go to Glennon.

Last year was last year and it remains to be seen how McCown will play this year, but in 2013 he was most definitely better than Newton, Bradford, Roethlisberger, and Flacco.

LOL, I'm not impressed.  The guy is 35 years old and last year he had a 109 rating.  His career best was 74.9 back in '09.  Plus, he had 2 star receivers and an elite RB.  He, nor any of those other QB's you mentioned had that.  Plus, all 4 of those guys started 16 games, not 5.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed, nothing will be decided in training camp. Once the hitting begins we'll see what happens. It's encouraging that McCown has been so lazor sharp in practice but there have still been reports of more ints than I'd like by both QBs. Should be interesting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed, nothing will be decided in training camp. Once the hitting begins we'll see what happens. It's encouraging that McCown has been so lazor sharp in practice but there have still been reports of more ints than I'd like by both QBs. Should be interesting.

They were going through an install phase, so the INTs aren't really a bad sign... in fact, a good sign for the other side of the ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've never indicated otherwise.  You are out of your mind if you think that that the pre-season performance isn't where the evaluation will be made on who starts.

The evaluation on who starts is made at the current point in time. It doesn't matter if that's draft day, the off season, pre-season, or week 10. You seem to think they make a singular decision at a set point in time. That's incorrect. They roll with the punches and make the best call at the time they need to make that call. You are out of your mind if you think they base everything on pre-season alone. No worry come week 1 you'll be history here. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The evaluation on who starts is made at the current point in time. It doesn't matter if that's draft day, the off season, pre-season, or week 10. You seem to think they make a singular decision at a set point in time. That's incorrect. They roll with the punches and make the best call at the time they need to make that call. You are out of your mind if you think they base everything on pre-season alone. No worry come week 1 you'll be history here. :)

Keep telling yourself that.  So if a player plays well in the OTA portion of the off-season, yet is an interception machine in the pre-season game, then that doesn't effect his chances of being the starter??  Coaches dont huddle up and say "Well, we are two weeks away from the regular season, let's give the guy that is sh1tting his pants in the pre-season the start because he was so sound when we played with no pads on in the OTAs back in May and June."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard Gannon talking about McCown today. A caller asked him how he felt about McCown comparisons and the situation as a whole in Tampa. Gannon said that, at one point, he just realized how much doing his work really mattered from the fans to the coaches and to the owners. He said it wasn’t that he didn’t care before, it was that he finally had the overall picture in his head of how important he was to the team’s success.When he kicked into that gear, he started to have real success. I hope that's what's happening with McCown, but I'm not holding my breath. Neither of these guys excites me.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

Keep telling yourself that.  So if a player plays well in the OTA portion of the off-season, yet is an interception machine in the pre-season game, then that doesn't effect his chances of being the starter??  Coaches dont huddle up and say "Well, we are two weeks away from the regular season, let's give the guy that is sh1tting his pants in the pre-season the start because he was so sound when we played with no pads on in the OTAs back in May and June."

Bass, you made need to go fish or something because you're talking in circles now.  You're the one who said preseason was the ONLY thing that mattered

nothing that happens prior to the actual pre-season matters one iota. 

The other guy says they evaluate everything in an ongoing process, to which you responded with this?

So if a player plays well in the OTA portion of the off-season, yet is an interception machine in the pre-season game, then that doesn't effect his chances of being the starter??  Coaches dont huddle up and say "Well, we are two weeks away from the regular season, let's give the guy that is sh1tting his pants in the pre-season the start because he was so sound when we played with no pads on in the OTAs back in May and June."

that was his point . .  take a break . . get some air

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that was his point . .  take a break . . get some air

That might be hard for him, Jim. headsup.jpg

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

ha!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for explaining it to him Jim. I couldn’t move my side hurt from laughing.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Coaches dont huddle up and say “Well, we are two weeks away from the regular season, let’s give the guy that is sh1tting his pants in the pre-season the start because he was so sound when we played with no pads on in the OTAs back in May and June.”So your supposition of McCown's demise is based on events that have yet to occur?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Coaches dont huddle up and say "Well, we are two weeks away from the regular season, let's give the guy that is sh1tting his pants in the pre-season the start because he was so sound when we played with no pads on in the OTAs back in May and June."So your supposition of McCown's demise is based on events that have yet to occur?

Would that exclude his history?

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I know of no incidents in which Mr. McCown has soiled his garments, and therefore it would appear that Bass is drawing conclusions off of future events.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know of no incidents in which Mr. McCown has soiled his garments, and therefore it would appear that Bass is drawing conclusions off of future events.

You are getting close.  Glennon doesn't throw many pics.  McCown has a history of throwing them.  Of course this same logic applies to Glennon, if he's throwing poorly and to the other team he would stand less of a chance as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There may have been a moment…http://detroitgameface.blogspot.com/2008/07/mccown-brothers-are-smart.html

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There may have been a moment...http://detroitgameface.blogspot.com/2008/07/mccown-brothers-are-smart.html

Don't even know what to say to that.  Damn funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aww…the Glennon sisters are doing their best impersonation of TMZ Sports reporters. That’s cute.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2091 posts and 2000 of them about 1 player glennon  91 about Johnny manziel. Are you sure Ur not glennons mom?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2091 posts and 2000 of them about 1 player glennon  91 about Johnny manziel. Are you sure Ur not glennons mom?

It didn't end well for people that did that for Freeman either but they still did it. I can't see it going much better for Glennon but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon comes in as the starter if a) he wins the competition, b) he loses the competition, but the starter is injured or c) he loses the competition but the starter sucks during the season. Two of three scenarios are bad for the Bucs, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont want to oversimplify what’s happened this off-season but most any QB in the league would benefit from the rookie talent we just acquired.  Whoever starts will have to suck out loud to relinquish the starting duties.  There is no conceivable way for me to think that whoever starts in September won’t be starting in December barring injury.  I think the starting job is won after the third pre-season game and i think the competition is more wide open than most are discussing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon comes in as the starter if a) he wins the competition, b) he loses the competition, but the starter is injured or c) he loses the competition but the starter sucks during the season. Two of three scenarios are bad for the Bucs, right?

All 3 could potentially be good if Glennon balls out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont want to oversimplify what's happened this off-season but most any QB in the league would benefit from the rookie talent we just acquired.  Whoever starts will have to suck out loud to relinquish the starting duties.  There is no conceivable way for me to think that whoever starts in September won't be starting in December barring injury.  I think the starting job is won after the third pre-season game and i think the competition is more wide open than most are discussing.

You think? I mean...you've stated it's a lock that Glennon is the starter. Make up your mind. Or are you just throwing as much sh*t as possible against the wall to see what sticks?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All 3 could potentially be good if Glennon balls out.

true, anything is possible but that would mean (in 2 scenarios) that he was unable to win the job first, so that might be unlikely

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont want to oversimplify what's happened this off-season but most any QB in the league would benefit from the rookie talent we just acquired.  Whoever starts will have to suck out loud to relinquish the starting duties.  There is no conceivable way for me to think that whoever starts in September won't be starting in December barring injury.  I think the starting job is won after the third pre-season game and i think the competition is more wide open than most are discussing.

You think? I mean...you've stated it's a lock that Glennon is the starter. Make up your mind. Or are you just throwing as much sh*t as possible against the wall to see what sticks?

He's done more then state Glennon will be the starter. He's made a bet he will leave the board for 1 year if Glennon isn't the starter on week 1 this season (2014).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, my stance on Glennon starting has been kind of wishy washy. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No. It's been crystal clear. "I know he's starting"."I'm pretty sure he's starting". "He's definitely starting". "I think he's going to be the starter"."I think it's a wide open battle". "You know what? Everything you guys read is wrong. I have sources. You don't. My sources say he's way ahead despite what every other media outlet covering the situation says otherwise.""If you root for McCown then you're not a Buc's fan".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No. It's been crystal clear. "I know he's starting"."I'm pretty sure he's starting". "He's definitely starting". "I think he's going to be the starter"."I think it's a wide open battle". "You know what? Everything you guys read is wrong. I have sources. You don't. My sources say he's way ahead despite what every other media outlet covering the situation says otherwise.""If you root for McCown then you're not a Buc's fan".

Verbatim.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Verbatim.

White flag observed.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

lol, bass always on the Glennon stuff

Please wait…

Viewing 53 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.