Viewing 44 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

to begin?  8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Typo in the title, i’m assuming you actually know how to spell unable, and a very vague and troll like post. Quality stuff here. Oh i’ve missed you red board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The McCowns are nothing like the Huards….  or, maybe they are.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who really knows but I suspect that Lovie/Tedford want to get out of the gate quick, with an EXPLOSIVE offense and a top ten 2002 type Buc defense. Put a little sizzle in the return game. Have McCown expoit his available weapons which are many. Get rid of the ball quick, explode the running game with Martin & Sims. XFactor could be Demps. So it just could be that McCown could have a great year. Can’t wait

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think most people (globally – all NFL fans), feel that McCown under Lovie/Tedford will not resemble anything like the McCown under Trestman.  McCown will likely be the same below average QB he was before Trestman got to Chicago.  My expectations are extremely low.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

……. I think the OP is trying to make a correlation between Josh McCown and Luke McCown. Keyword there is trying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think most people (globally - all NFL fans), feel that McCown under Lovie/Tedford will not resemble anything like the McCown under Trestman.  McCown will likely be the same below average QB he was before Trestman got to Chicago.  My expectations are extremely low.

You are a very wise man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Want to see a screen … Work.I daydreamed today about the Bucs taking  their first possession of the regular season in for a TD vs the Panthers.  Yes

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think most people (globally - all NFL fans), feel that McCown under Lovie/Tedford will not resemble anything like the McCown under Trestman.  McCown will likely be the same below average QB he was before Trestman got to Chicago. My expectations are extremely low.

Shocking...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s easy to look at McCown’s numbers and hope he can translate it here. It would only be a hope IMO. Here are some facts about McCown.1. Was bad very more than a decade in the NFL.2. Was the highest rated passer for 6 weeks last year.3. Played with a guru OC with receivers who could regularly win contested throws.4. Played in the worst division, in regards to passing defense, in the league.5. Will play against elite defense regularly here in Tampa.6. Will have an OC who is a rookie in the NFL.7. Is missing two starting Guards.I'd guess McCown last year was more of an anomaly than actuality.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think most people (globally - all NFL fans), feel that McCown under Lovie/Tedford will not resemble anything like the McCown under Trestman.  McCown will likely be the same below average QB he was before Trestman got to Chicago.  My expectations are extremely low.

Actions speak loudly though. How do you explain our first three draft picks? Two big targets and a versatile Matt Forte type in the backfield.All played to McCowns strengths so I doubt Tedford will ignore what Trestman was trying to do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's easy to look at McCown's numbers and hope he can translate it here. It would only be a hope IMO. Here are some facts about McCown.1. Was bad very more than a decade in the NFL.2. Was the highest rated passer for 6 weeks last year.3. Played with a guru OC with receivers who could regularly win contested throws.4. Played in the worst division, in regards to passing defense, in the league.5. Will play against elite defense regularly here in Tampa.6. Will have an OC who is a rookie in the NFL.7. Is missing two starting Guards.I'd guess McCown last year was more of an anomaly than actuality.

The problem with McCown is, he makes really bad decisions.  That doesn't just suddenly change.  He wasn't the best redone guy even last year.  So many on this board acted like we brought in the second coming of Jeff Garcia, he's not going to be even close to that. These are all good points, but he'll just be missing one starting guard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actions speak loudly though. How do you explain our first three draft picks? Two big targets and a versatile Matt Forte type in the backfield.All played to McCowns strengths so I doubt Tedford will ignore what Trestman was trying to do.

You dont build an offense for a 36 year old journeyman.  You build it for the long term, which McCown is not going to be part of.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes he’s made bad decisions in the past but you don’t lead the league in passer rating while under pressure (even just for 6 weeks) by making bad decisions… especially not behind their meh offensive line. He played very good football last year, better than Cutler… a pro bowler. Sure Trestman had a lot to do with that but it’s not all him. A lot of people were calling for McCown to stay in. We don’t know what we have in Tedford yet so who knows what Tedford can do with him.Of course I'd prefer our young QB to show up and outshine McCown but I'm not ready to give all the credit to Trestman and the system.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's easy to look at McCown's numbers and hope he can translate it here. It would only be a hope IMO. Here are some facts about McCown.1. Was bad very more than a decade in the NFL.2. Was the highest rated passer for 6 weeks last year.3. Played with a guru OC with receivers who could regularly win contested throws.4. Played in the worst division, in regards to passing defense, in the league.5. Will play against elite defense regularly here in Tampa.6. Will have an OC who is a rookie in the NFL.7. Is missing two starting Guards.I'd guess McCown last year was more of an anomaly than actuality.

Well here;s what we know about Glennon. 1. Uninspiring college career. 2. His college head coach got fired. 3. Was evaluated by NFL scouts to be a mid round pick despite having ideal size and arm strength. 4. Was viewed most favorably by a coach who knows nothing about contemporary NFL offense. 5. Had very uninspiring numbers as a NFL rookie. 6. The NFL head coach who put his faith in him got fired. 7. The new head coach immediately brought in someone to replace him. 8. The replacement QB had performed at times considerably better in the offseason and is generally said to have command of the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

wait, another McCown v. Glennon thread?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a Josh vs Luke Mccown thread.We had high hopes for Luke but it never came together.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes he's made bad decisions in the past but you don't lead the league in passer rating while under pressure (even just for 6 weeks) by making bad decisions... especially not behind their meh offensive line. He played very good football last year, better than Cutler... a pro bowler. Sure Trestman had a lot to do with that but it's not all him. A lot of people were calling for McCown to stay in. We don't know what we have in Tedford yet so who knows what Tedford can do with him.Of course I'd prefer our young QB to show up and outshine McCown but I'm not ready to give all the credit to Trestman and the system.

Not sure why you'd think their line was "meh"?http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/2013/Final/OHI/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Invariably, this will turn into a Vin vs. himself thread.  My favorite.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luke should have been the starter at the end of 2007 and beginning of 2008. The 2008 team could have been 13-3/14-2 with homefield for everything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a Josh vs Luke Mccown thread.We had high hopes for Luke but it never came together.

Only one person on here had high hopes for Luke McCown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Invariably, this will turn into a Vin vs. himself thread.  My favorite.

unsolicited shot?  what was that you said in another thread?  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a Josh vs Luke Mccown thread.

really?

Well here;s what we know about Glennon. 1. Uninspiring college career. 2. His college head coach got fired. 3. Was evaluated by NFL scouts to be a mid round pick despite having ideal size and arm strength. 4. Was viewed most favorably by a coach who knows nothing about contemporary NFL offense. 5. Had very uninspiring numbers as a NFL rookie. 6. The NFL head coach who put his faith in him got fired. 7. The new head coach immediately brought in someone to replace him. 8. The replacement QB had performed at times considerably better in the offseason and is generally said to have command of the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a Josh vs Luke Mccown thread.

really?

Bottom line, no QB that has thrown for 19/9 or better in their rookie season has ever been benched the following season, injuries aside. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The 19/9 is also a factor of the era. Yes we had injuries, yes the staff was fired, but he was the QB of an offense that finished #32.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luke kinda got hung out to dry...."me throw" leftwich was supposed to be the answer. (Eyeroll)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The 19/9 is also a factor of the era. Yes we had injuries, yes the staff was fired, but he was the QB of an offense that finished #32.

Mostly because of the conservative nature of the OC.  If last year was his third year I would have a different opinion but it was his rookie season, he's ready to improve I believe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lots of rookies that had the #21 passer rating, #26 completion percentage, #32 offense, and #37 yards per attempt have been benched.

Please wait…

• DCBucsfan

Participant

I’d like to think Josh McCown paired with Jeff Tedford could work out OK for a couple years.  I don’t expect him to light the world on fire, but he’s shown to be competent NFL QB.  Unfortunately, Luke wasn’t ever able to get past his problems in the pocket and reading defenses to make become a starter in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lots of rookies that had the #21 passer rating, #26 completion percentage, #32 offense, and #37 yards per attempt have been benched.

Not with 19 TD and 9 pics, or better,................ever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd like to think Josh McCown paired with Jeff Tedford could work out OK for a couple years.  I don't expect him to light the world on fire, but he's shown to be competent NFL QB.  Unfortunately, Luke wasn't ever able to get past his problems in the pocket and reading defenses to make become a starter in the NFL.

He's not shown himself to be a competent QB.  Thats the illusion you must figure out how to overcome.  He's far from competent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think most people (globally - all NFL fans), feel that McCown under Lovie/Tedford will not resemble anything like the McCown under Trestman.  McCown will likely be the same below average QB he was before Trestman got to Chicago. My expectations are extremely low.

Shocking...

LOL, everyone who's not a homer thinks the same way.  It's not like I'm on an island.  I'd much rather see them start Glennon.  They still might.  Which is even more of a reason why my expectations for McCown are low.  Until I see the preseason, I'll stick with this assessment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL, "Two big targets and a versatile Matt Forte type in the backfield".  Brandon Marshall is an elite #1... Vincent Jackson is not, oh he's a quality WR, but he's not in the same class as Marshall.  Alshon Jeffery was a 2nd year player coming off of a promising rookie season... Mike Evans has never played a snap in the NFL.  Matt Forte is an elite RB with many years of past performance to give an indication of expected results... Doug Martin had an excellent rookie season following by a season ending injury.Actions speak louder than words eh?  How much NFL game time does Evans, ASJ, and Tedford have to fall back on to see their actions?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are a very wise man.

Don't be too supportive, LOL... I'm not so sure Glennon will do much better.  Personally, I don't think he's quite ready to be a starter.  We'll see what comes of the next month and a half and maybe I'll change my mind.  That said, I'd rather at least give Glennon a chance before I'd relegate him to a backup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We basically have two choices and in the grand scheme of things neither are good, but it is what it is. 1.) Hope a player who played really well last season despite never previously playing really well can play really well or at least pretty well one season later. 2.) Hope a player who didn't play well last season and no one ever thought would play really well ever will suddenly start playing really well or at least pretty well.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

So, they drafted Glennon believing he would never really play well, that's your theory?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, they drafted Glennon believing he would never really play well, that's your theory?

Technically a guy who got fired thought that, but no one else.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

So your harebrained theory has evolved from "no one" to no one else?

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“Technically a guy who got fired thought that, but no one else.”Lovie, you mean?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one who matters.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I think Lovie does matter. Sure he got fired, but he obviously believes Glennon can play well or he wouldn't consider him our future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Lovie starts Glennon because he thinks Glennon is better than McCown, we can talk. Until then, it’s all coach speak. Everything else is meaningless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We basically have two choices and in the grand scheme of things neither are good, but it is what it is. 1.) Hope a player who played really well last season despite never previously playing really well can play really well or at least pretty well one season later. 2.) Hope a player who didn't play well last season and no one ever thought would play really well ever will suddenly start playing really well or at least pretty well.

That's absurd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's absurd.

QB is the most important position in the game and teams routinely overdraft marginal prospects hoping they can be the solution. Why do you think no one other than Greg Schiano decided to use more than a mid 3rd round pick on Glennon when he clearly has all the size and arm you would need? Why did teams who 1st and 2nd round picks on EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, and Derek Carr rather than draft Glennon? It would be my opinion those teams didn't think Glennon would be very good. You can disagree but the results are the results.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The counter argument to your point is Glennon was playing against elite defenses on a regular basis, and when he played against soft defenses he usually lit them up.

Please wait…

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.