Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Soul Bro

Participant

I don’t remember a year with so many trades. Will Licht get involved? Who might we trade? Who might we target?

Given Godwin’s emergence, I’d be open to trading Jackson. We are loaded with receiving options in Evans, Godwin, Brate, Howard and Humphries. If we could somehow trade for a player or more money to get a better OL, DL or DB, I’d be for it all day.

What trade ideas might you have?

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

I don’t see any possibilities. DeSean only has one more year left, might as well hang on to him for this season.
      We run a lot of 2 TE sets, so we need both OJ and Brate. I cant see either of those going anywhere.
      We have a lot of scrubs, but who is going to trade for them?
      I guess if they signed Norwell, and drafted Nelson, they could try to trade the Sweez. But again, does he have any value?

Please wait…

• Cerious

Participant

Outside of picks who are we trading? We have decent depth at the LB position though, so I guess something could happen there.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

While trading Jackson could be a good move to improve our draft, it would also be a really bad look for any Free Agents who consider coming here.

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

Reading that Kwon wants 13 mil/yr next year, might he be someone we look to trade?

Please wait…

• Easythe great

Participant

LMaO at an avg MLB wanting 13 million a year

Please wait…

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

• spartan

Participant

Seriously? 13 mil?

Please wait…

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

Never saw that from Kwon

Please wait…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol kwon is worth half that. 13 give me a break

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

“Pro Bowl linebacker Kwon Alexander will also become an unrestricted free agent in 2019 and is looking for $13 million annually, according to a source.”

http://es.pn/2GbBjLQ

Please wait…

• yuccaneers

Participant

By in large NFL teams do not take advantage of the trade market inefficiencies by trading late round selections for players who have fallen out of favor with their current teams. It’s not a new concept or trend. Bill Belichick is the architect credited with the strategy, of trading late round picks for proven veteran role players and fitting them in schematically to take advantage of skill-sets. It’s one of the main reasons Howie Roseman was able to turn the Eagles in to an overnight success by ripping a page out of Belichicks master playbook to acquire such players: Timmy Jernigan, Jay Ajayi, Ronald Darby and most recently Michael Bennett –looking at what Les Snead has done before the start of the 2018 free agency dinner bell – following a similar blue print based of the premise that late round picks are high variance players with unrealistic expectations to produce immediately above proven veterans in the short term. Smart GMs are taking advantage of the trade market inefficiencies in today’s landscape and adding surplus value. As more and more teams lean toward this strategy the costs to exercise such trades in an inefficient market will undoubtedly change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who says Kwon is getting or asking for 13 million a year? Rediculous.

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

@Skipper

I posted the link. ESPN is reporting that’s his number.

Please wait…

• Mark Alsott

Participant

Another great take by Yuc. Thanks man.

I love me some #58, but if he’s looking for over $13M per season, I say start #51 in his place.

$8M per season? All day long. But at $13M, no way.

Please wait…

• SunnyD

Participant

Yeah, Kwon can go pound sand for $13 million.

Put Beck in the middle and add some warm body to play on the strong side.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Kuechly does not even make 13 per.

Please wait…

• jpsmiley

Participant

That would make him the highest paid middle linebacker in the game. He’s good, but not that good! In reality, he probably gets about 10 mil per year.

Please wait…

• yuccaneers

Participant

Arguably the two top MLB currently manning the middle for teams in the NFL are Luke Kuechly and Bobby Wagner at the position. The APY for Kuechly is $12,359,059 and Wagner’s APY IS $10,750,000 both have cap hits for their respective teams over $13 million. While Kwon might want the same type of money I am not sure anyone remotely believes Kwon is in the same neighborhood as a player as Kuechly and Wagner. The average of the next five MLB is an APY of roughly $7.9 million per season. Which includes Alec Ogletree, Mark Barron, Brandon Marshall, Danny Trevathan and Paul Posluszny. Now if you believe Kwon is int he same or maybe just ahead of the following five he could command an APY roughly in the $8-$10 million range based on the percentage increase of the salary cap each year and it would be hard to argue against.

But placing Kwon as the top 1 or 2 MLB in the NFL, with an APY of between $11 and $13 million based on his first three seasons – with a cap figure of $13 million is not prudent for the Bucs, considering he’s already had one suspension and is slow to recover from hamstring issues.

Please wait…

• Charlie

Participant

Well I think Licht will look too add another 2nd Rd pick in this draft. Hey, say we get a trench player Rd 1, Rd 2 RB, RD 2 SS Ronnie Harrison next to Justin, 2 SEC Hard hitters that could make their plays on the ball? -shrugs-

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

This is a good post Soul. I think the Pats would trade Alexander now, knowing he won’t be worth anywhere between 10-13 million – at least to our D… especially if we move to a 3-4. In the 3-4, one of the middle LB’s needs a little less skill in the pass. Their primary job of that one LB is to hit hard and stop the run. Prototypically, they are larger than Alexander.

If we could trade him for a 2nd and 4th round pick, I would do it.

We could sign someone like:

Avery Williamson (26), Titans
      He rarely came off the field in Tennessee thanks to his gap-soundness in run D and serviceability against the pass.

He would do fine as one of the MLB’s in a 3-4 defensive scheme.

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

For goodness sake, can we get something or someone decent from the Browns already?

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.