Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• CaptainStagger

Participant

At #5…or #7(jags could very well leap frog the Giants for Haskins)what’s the better play? Jonah or Greedy?

While I do agree….you build front to back, and Oline is a need, I think Greedy has a higher ceiling. Granted I’d be happy with either, but as of today I believe an elite shut down corner prospect will be more impactful. Also, I do feel the drop off by rd 2 is larger for CB’s.

It’s a very debatable scenario though….

Please wait…

• ShotCaller

Participant

williams … or williams … or williams …

don’t forget quinnen.

that said .. oliver or allen please.

Please wait…

• CaptainStagger

Participant

williams … or williams … or williams …

don’t forget quinnen.

that said .. oliver or allen please.

I really don’t think we have a shot at Q. Williams, but if he’s there you get your assvto the podium.

Please wait…

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Jonah, Greedy, Quinnen, Venus, Serena, any of those Williams could upgrade this team significantly.

Please wait…

• BucWonder

Participant

Thank you for the laugh Buc On The Move.

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

if D.Smith is released then I would think we pretty much have to take Jonah or whoever they think is the best potential LT.

If D.Smith is tagged then this question is more relevant.. and I would say Greedy would be better IF we had an ideal draft and Oline is taken in the second round. but since I dont trust Lichts second round drafting at all, ill probably be hoping for Jonah either way. Wont complain at all if we get Ed Oliver though.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

Cajuste is a far better prospect than Jonah Williams if his knee checks out, which doesn’t appear to be any issue. Andre Dillard I think will prove a better prospect as well this week. Dennis Dailey will probably go in the 3rd or 4th depending on his week at the senior bowl, has good tape, and is physically more gifted than Jonah. I feel the same about Greedy; better prospects out there, including Baker, Murphy, and JoeJuan Williams.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

if D.Smith is released then I would think we pretty much have to take Jonah or whoever they think is the best potential LT.

I agree. If we cut bait with Smith, Jonah is probably the target, unless we’re addressing it in FA (which we simply aren’t in a position to do).

Don’t like pigeonholing ourselves with a draft pick.

And, while I hate the thought of tagging him, it may end up being the best thing to do.

I keep seeing mocks with Ferrell falling to us and beyond. Would hate to pass on him.

Please wait…

• Defense5599

Blocked

Perhaps the real question should be Allen or G. Williams?   Because we need help on the D-Line and in the secondary.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Our secondary needs a lot of help. Trade back and take Greedy.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

Ja’crispy
      Our secondary needs a lot of help. Trade back and take Greedy.
      —–
      You probably won’t be able to do that.

He’s most likely going to Oakland.

If not, he may be there at 5.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

This draft is so deep, the Bucs could shore up the OL early and still pick up defensive studs.

This draft is loaded folks.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Jeremiah also thinks Jonah is a guard.  This is the second person I have seen who has said he is not a LT in the pros.

Jonah Williams, OG

School: Alabama | Year: Junior

Williams lined up at left tackle for the Tide, but I’m projecting him to guard at the next level. He has outstanding feet in the passing game. He is quick and he smoothly redirects versus counter moves. He plays with knee bend and keeps his hands in tight. His lack of length does show up on tape and that is why I’d prefer to see him play inside. He is dominant in the run game. He runs his feet on contact and generates movement at the point of attack. He’s also effective working up to the second level. He takes proper angles and plays on his feet. I love his awareness and toughness. Overall, Williams is an excellent prospect and has a chance to be a Pro Bowl guard early in his career.

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

I have no idea how Jeremiah is projecting that based on his tape. He may yet be, but his strengths are:

(a) smooth, quick, balanced Vertical pass sets (which don’t happen at Guard).

(b) The ability to Reach Block Edge rushers in Zone.

Those are two OT-specific skills that don’t apply to Guard play. Further, the things that do apply to Guard play (Quick-Setting, anchoring and reanchoring if leverage is initially lost, combo or single block displacement) he either (a) hasn’t shown or (b) hasn’t shown well.

Because he doesnt have extremely long arms he’s a Guard suddenly? You need a hell of a lot more than that to accurately project an OT to OG.

These are the negative traits I saw on tape. These actually push back extremely hard against the “conversion to OG hypothesis”:

* Feet can stall out in the running game.

* Lack of violence or finish.

* While his vertical sets are good, I saw some potential issues with dynamic countermoves back to the inside at the next level (he had some struggles with NCAA players).

* Sometimes plays too high and can be late dealing with games.

* Late with his hands when he has to go back to his right (eg DL games or 2nd level blitzes).

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

He [Jeremiah] also has the Bucs taking a RB at #7, so consider the source.

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

He [Jeremiah] also has the Bucs taking a RB at #7, so consider the source.

Makes sense! Earning his paycheck!

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Say what you want about DJ but he scouted for some top teams, and was offered GM job for eagles 2 years ago,turned it down.

Agree with everything he says? No I dont ,is he a sharp dude? Without a doubt

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Because he doesnt have extremely long arms he’s a Guard suddenly?

It’s a pretty lazy eval, IMO.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Or maybe many here over hyped him?

Guarantee you he wont go top 5.

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

I’m not sure folks on here are overhyping him. I think most folks don’t want to take him (we’d rather take the plethora of D talent), we’re just squeezed by DSmith and our cap situation.

I hate the idea of giving DSmith 15 mil for another year of inconsistent, south of the median LT play…but if it’s that or be forced to lose out on all the D talent at the top of the draft…I guess I’ll take the DSmith poison pill (but I won’t like it).

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

I agree,personally I would move on from 76 ,bad feel he gets extended

I would roll with a declining dot,sign a fa lt,wont be hard to duplicate 76 play.

Draft interior ol ,Jenkins  ,Bradbury or lindstrom

Use first rd pick on

Oliver,Simmons

Thing is all 3 of my ol will cost atleast a 2nd rd pick, I was hoping to go CB in rd 2…someone like amani

But I guess

Simmons or oliver at 5

Lidstrom  jenkinson or Bradbury rd 2

CB rd 3

Hopefully Singletary is there in rd 4

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Go easy on the guarantees, you said Arians would NEVER be the Bucs HC also.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Say what you want about DJ but he scouted for some top teams, and was offered GM job for eagles 2 years ago,turned it down.

Agree with everything he says? No I dont ,is he a sharp dude? Without a doubt

If he was a ‘sharp dude’ would he not still be in league?

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Can you read dumbass?

Just told you Howie roseman and jeff went after him 2 years ago he said no,birds hired joe Douglas instead

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Can you read dumbass?

Just told you Howie roseman and jeff went after him 2 years ago he said no,birds hired joe Douglas instead

Ya, like you, he really knows his stuff.

2019 MOCK DRAFT
      DANIEL JEREMIAH

#5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers…..RB Josh Jacobs

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Java ,all I have to offer you is  ,stopping trying so hard

You’re like a dog chasing its tail.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Java ,all I have to offer you is ,stopping trying so hard

You’re like a dog chasing its tail.

Stick to posting stuff from JoeBucFan, that is more your speed.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

I don’t know if Jonah Williams will go top 5 or not, but I’d guess he’ll go higher than your boy Jeffrey Simmons.

FTR, I’m not bashing Simmons. I think he’s a good player, just not a top-10 guy.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Simmons is the most unblockable dt in the draft  ..much better prospect than Williams …and I disagree  ,he will go before William

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Java no offense, but stfu ,you offer nothing,and I mean Nothing

Please wait…

• Detrimental

Participant

Simmons in the top 5 is non-sense.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Java no offense, but stfu ,you offer nothing,and I mean Nothing

Stick to calling NOBODY a nutjob.
      And following JBF.
      That explains a lot.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Java,listen to me,my thing with nobody has nothing to do with you,other then the fact it makes you feel relevant, and that you and some others have him on a pedal stool, so when feeling insecure or back against the wall ,you need to hitch your wagon somewhere.

You need to think for yourself  ,last noght I tell you post more confirmation tweets,10 mins ago you say post more jbf post, you see the problem? You look like a tool….

Either bring more to the table than insecurity, and redundancy or dont respond to my post, because I cant continue to dumb it down to your level.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

I’m not sure folks on here are overhyping him. I think most folks don’t want to take him (we’d rather take the plethora of D talent), we’re just squeezed by DSmith and our cap situation.

I hate the idea of giving DSmith 15 mil for another year of inconsistent, south of the median LT play…but if it’s that or be forced to lose out on all the D talent at the top of the draft…I guess I’ll take the DSmith poison pill (but I won’t like it).

We will know by March 6th which is the deadline to offer the franchise tag.  If they don’t offer it then we have no Left Tackle going into the draft.  You have to use your first round pick on a LT and start the rookie from Day 1 and watch him learn on the job and watch Jameis Winston get clobbered in the meantime.   The idea is to get better protection for Winston next year, not get him clobbered because we are breaking in a rookie.  We need to tag Smith and go from there.

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

Just right quick:

a) People around here don’t put me up on a pedal stool (which is a much cooler contraption than a pedestal, I’m thinking like a Rogue Assault Bike…I have one…they’re brutal). They’re just kind and interested football/Bucs fans. I just talk about football in a way that some of them find interesting and they thank me for it (as polite people do) when they feel so inclined. That is just standard-fare good “human-ing.”

b) I really appreciate it when AJ and Havok put news and Twitter feed stuff on the boards. I don’t do social media and I’m surely not the only person on here that doesn’t. Further, even if I did, I wouldn’t want to spend the time trulling for relevant stuff, so I appreciate it when they post stuff.

c) AJ has particular insight into things One Buc Place due to his connections. When he shares (a lot of times obliquely to protect relationships/access) I appreciate it.

Done addressing Pewter Report culture.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

lol you never let me down nobody  ,Javas connections at obp  tell me last thing his connections broke?

I will wait

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

The relationship between Mike Smith and at least one key defender weren’t good due to Smith not being receptive (quite the opposite) to constructive criticism/an effort to be more involved in curating the gameplan.

I mean, I long had enough ammo (when he was hired to be honest) to hope he was jettisoned…but it wasn’t long after the fallout of that meeting that Mike Smith got the axe. I’m sure it wasn’t completely causal, but (a) its nice to have that insight and (b) I’m sure it played some kind of role.

Wouldn’t have had that info it weren’t for AJ. I appreciate that insight/contribution.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

You all rally around one another when feeling challenged . .band of brothers

You really are a nobody ,trying to play yourself off and a somebody ,If you were a somebody you wouldnt hide as a nobody  ,you would step the fuck up and say this is who I am  ,until then  ,you are right ,you are a nobody with a opinion ,just like 99 % of the rest posting here  ,including myself.

Times your

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Please… stop ,like anyone with a IQ couldnt figure that out ,gullible as fuck

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

You’re finally catching on.

No one cares if you’re a Temple alum, or your kids go to Temple, or that you’ve got property in whereeverthefuckville, USA.

No one cares about you Pennywise of the Internet. You’re just words on a page. Words on a page that create an insufferable, uninsightful pariah who I would say is on the spectrum due to your pathological lacking in self-reflection and awareness, but people on the spectrum are much brighter and more exacting in their language than you are (and they’re accidentally antagonistic rather than intentional).

You’re a just a freakish narcissist, who trades in unlikability, lack of manners, and general creepiness.

And just like you, no one cares about who I am (hence why you don’t see me posting irrelevant and narcissistic autobiographical crap like OMG MY DURTERS ARE TEMPLE ALURMS, I OWN BAYSIDE PROPERTY DERP). They’re interested in football takes. That is all.

This weird obsession you have with me is your own Single White Female creepy fairy-tale. Ironically, you’re literally the only person on this board that is infatuated with me in any way. I’m just a dude posting football stuff. But not to you obviously.

Get your head checked.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

@Nobody with the first-round KO

LMFAO!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Asshole hurt nobody? I am not going anywhere ,you continue to be a blowhard  I will continue to call you out ,deal with it bitch ,you can try to psychoanalyze me all you want ,you are still not the only o e with all 22 and a opinion

Deal with it

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Checking in…

@nobody
      making @pennywise his bitch.

Nothing new.

We move on.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Looks like Downvote is now Upvoting his own posts.  Quite a piece of work, ‘ole Downvote is.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

You all rally around one another when feeling challenged . .band of brothers

You really are a nobody ,trying to play yourself off and a somebody ,If you were a somebody you wouldnt hide as a nobody ,you would step the fuck up and say this is who I am ,until then ,you are right ,you are a nobody with a opinion ,just like 99 % of the rest posting here ,including myself.

Times your

That is the way it is supposed to work, you have your friends back when they need it.
      Some of us are friends here, and away from the board also, as in real life?
      Not fantasy land.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Please… stop ,like anyone with a IQ couldnt figure that out ,gullible as fuck

Ok well, who was the player Smitty had the dustup with, that lead to his dismissal?

Please wait…

• BucsWin31

Participant

Jeremiah also thinks Jonah is a guard. This is the second person I have seen who has said he is not a LT in the pros.

Jonah Williams, OG

School: Alabama | Year: Junior

Williams lined up at left tackle for the Tide, but I’m projecting him to guard at the next level. He has outstanding feet in the passing game. He is quick and he smoothly redirects versus counter moves. He plays with knee bend and keeps his hands in tight. His lack of length does show up on tape and that is why I’d prefer to see him play inside. He is dominant in the run game. He runs his feet on contact and generates movement at the point of attack. He’s also effective working up to the second level. He takes proper angles and plays on his feet. I love his awareness and toughness. Overall, Williams is an excellent prospect and has a chance to be a Pro Bowl guard early in his career.

Said the same about D. Smith and look where we are….

Please wait…

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.