Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

wow"One Man Crusade"NFL on ESPN ?@ESPNNFL  · 2m  THIS JUST IN: The Buccaneers have traded WR Mike Williams to the Bills for a 6th-round pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUD  · 1m  The Bucs had only two teams interested in trading for Williams despite contacting all of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn that Scott Reynolds!!! (lol, j/k)Adam Caplan ?@caplannfl  · 9m  The Bucs were hoping for as high as a 4th round pick for Williams, but got what they could for him based on his off-the-field history.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark Dominik ?@MarkdominikESPN  · 22s  About to talk at noon on SiriusXM NFL Radio about Mike Williams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My draft prediction ( often wrong)  of a QB at #7 is still intact, but just lost some solidity.  Mike Evans’ likelihood of being a Buc has increased, no?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ridiculous, a SIX? WE give him a FORTY MILLION DOLLAR contract only a year ago and give him up for a 6TH ROUND PICK? WTF?This is, IMO, a stupid reactionary move. WHO REPLACES HIM? Now we HAVE to draft WO high. Oh well. I guess you have to think the Bucs have a plan to make up for this move. At least, unlike the Eagles did in releasing DJ we got something........ a freaking sixth round pick. whoop de doo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well. Our new regime wanted more draft picks to bolster “The Plan.” I’m on the edge of my seat and quite puckered I should add.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ridiculous, a SIX? WE give him a FORTY MILLION DOLLAR contract only a year ago and give him up for a 6TH ROUND PICK? WTF?This is, IMO, a stupid reactionary move. WHO REPLACES HIM? Now we HAVE to draft WO high. Oh well. I guess you have to think the Bucs have a plan to make up for this move. At least, unlike the Eagles did in releasing DJ we got something........ a freaking sixth round pick. whoop de doo.

Maybe it's stupid, but it's not reactionary. They clearly felt they could replace Mike Williams and were tired of his shenanigans. Kudos to PR for going against the tide and calling it. I'd wait till after the draft to freak out - what if we land Watkins or Evans? Maybe we trade for another WR or bring in Austin/Rice/Meachem?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Way too early to say this is a bad move.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe it's stupid, but it's not reactionary. They clearly felt they could replace Mike Williams and were tired of his shenanigans. Kudos to PR for going against the tide and calling it. I'd wait till after the draft to freak out - what if we land Watkins or Evans? Maybe we trade for another WR or bring in Austin/Rice/Meachem?

You're right about the reactionary comment. Obviously this WAS given some thought. With off-season workouts starting on Monday the Buccaneers clearly did not want him back at One Buc. But I don't like HAVING to draft a WO as opposed to having other options. But who knows, maybe they trade down as some have suggested. Maybe, just maybe MY comment was reactionary. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eagles got ziltch for Desean

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're right about the reactionary comment. Obviously this WAS given some thought. With off-season workouts starting on Monday the Buccaneers clearly did not want him back at One Buc. But I don't like HAVING to draft a WO as opposed to having other options. But who knows, maybe they trade down as some have suggested. Maybe, just maybe MY comment was reactionary. LOL

Luckily you weren't making the decision on Williams then eh/  ;DI personally would have kept him (based on available information) unless I could get at least a 4th but I'll wait and see as lots will likely change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a very deep draft at WR.My hope is that we don't waste our Nr. 1 pick on a WR. THAT would make this Williams trade a bad trade. The fact is, that until today, there was little prospect of us taking Mike Evans at Nr. 7. If that changes it will have been because of this trade, making it a bad trade.Only great receivers like Calvin Johnson or Sammy Watkins are worth drafting in the top 10 of Rd. 1. They come along once every few years. Watkins will be gone by 7, and no other receiver is worth it.At Nr. 7 you need to go QB, DL, OT, or CB. I would advocate taking Bortles, Manziel, Mathews, or Mack with that pick, or else trading back. We can 2 WRs in Rounds 2 through 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He gone

Please wait…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.