Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank God the team drafted these two kids!

Shores up serious deficiencies with some studs, it may be the big reason for this teams success!

If they would have taken a safety in round 1, or a wideout, this team would be shakier obviously. We will see how they pan out, but I’m very grateful these guys are investments the Bucs made! Licht did a good.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

We had some serious luck with both of them falling to us, but I’m excited for it. Think they will be good ones.

The Saints are a rough welcome to the league for them both.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Let’s wait and see if they can actually play, but I’m certainly optimistic.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Absolutely. They are investments. The return, sometimes, isn’t that great. But sometimes…

Let’s wait and see if they can actually play, but I’m certainly optimistic.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

We had some serious luck with both of them falling to us, but I’m excited for it. Think they will be good ones.

Wirfs didn’t fall to us. We actually had to trade up to get him. It was a good trade though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of prognosticators thought he would be gone by the tine the Bucs picked. It was a nice stroke of luck he was still around.

Wirfs didn’t fall to us. We actually had to trade up to get him. It was a good trade though.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

@dyt (x) wrote:

If they would have taken a safety in round 1, or a wideout, this team would be shakier obviously. We will see how they pan out, but I’m very grateful these guys are investments the Bucs made! Licht did a good.

Interesting. I don’t think anyone wanted an S1 or WR3 if one of top-4 OT’s were on the board still. Wirfs is the 4th rated OT, but the 1st rated OG to many scouts. It’s a good talent to have on your roster.

Maybe you should bring in your scope to saying we’re grateful to have had the opportunity to draft both. I liked that Licht tried to trade up much higher in the draft, but cringed when he traded up one spot because of desperation. I’m happy Wirfs is here, but dissatisfied that Licht put himself in a desperate situation.

On the plus side, Haeg now becomes a valuable backup OG or OT with the drafting of Wirfs.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol @ studs who haven’t played yet.

Your optimism is nice & entertaining & i do hope you’re right.

I’ve also thought they had studs who would be franchise changers.

Noah Spence. Mark Barron. Roberto Aguyao(lol). Just to name a few.

• Trask Force

Participant

OK Debbie Downer.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Am i a pessimist? Absolutely. When i expect the worst I’m never disappointed lol.

I’m also realistic.

JLs track record in the draft speaks for it self, unfortunately.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

OP is on it. Agreed 100%

• Anonymous

Inactive

You wanted a safety round one. One that is already hurt. Just pause bro. You’re not as clever as you think you are.

@dyt (x) wrote:

Interesting. I don’t think anyone wanted an S1 or WR3 if one of top-4 OT’s were on the board still. Wirfs is the 4th rated OT, but the 1st rated OG to many scouts. It’s a good talent to have on your roster.

Maybe you should bring in your scope to saying we’re grateful to have had the opportunity to draft both. I liked that Licht tried to trade up much higher in the draft, but cringed when he traded up one spot because of desperation. I’m happy Wirfs is here, but dissatisfied that Licht put himself in a desperate situation.

On the plus side, Haeg now becomes a valuable backup OG or OT with the drafting of Wirfs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I did say investments right? Some of you guys aren’t too smart. Not to offend, but your narrating shit in your own way, and not the way it was posted.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

@dyt (x) wrote:

You wanted a safety round one. One that is already hurt. Just pause bro. You’re not as clever as you think you are.

You are as malicious as CNN news. LoL

I’ve linked to my mock draft to where all OT’s were taken and no trades were allowed. It’s sad that either you’re lacking comprehension skills or you’re like CNN and lying about facts.

With all four OT’s drafted, I went with S1 Grant Delpit. Not surprisingly, Grant Delpit was drafted before Antoine Winfield Jr. Now, injuries are simply bad luck and it’s concerning you’re taking in implied delight with a player’s injury all the while being oblivious that our 2017 2nd round safety is going through several injuries.

Don’t hate on my genius, @dyt. And I don’t lie like you do, unless you’re admitting you’re not smart enough to comprehend the mock draft of S Delpit when all four OTs and DT Kinlaw were already drafted as well as not having the ability to trade down. LoL

Just in case you omitted this evidence from your mind, here’s the link and an excerpt:

**** Start of Excerpt ****
      I used The Draft Network’s draft simulator. No trades were allowed for this option. I manually chose these players when it was my turn to select. ::: pull down goalie mask and looks at Garth ::: “Game on!”

Rd 1. (14th overall) S Grant Delpit, LSU
      NYG selects OLB Simmons and that sets everything off, but all top-4 OTs are still taken before the 14th pick.

5. Mia selects OT Wirfs
        8. Ari selects OT Becton
        10. Cle selects OT Thomas
        11. NYJ selects OT Wills
        DT Kinlaw taken at 9th overall.

Notables available: QB Herbert, Edge Chaisson, S McKinney

The Logic behind the pick: The five players I wanted were all taken (4 OTs and DT Kinlaw). I couldn’t trade down as teams could want QB Herbert. My choices were Edge Chaisson, S McKinney, and S Delpit. Did I want a 3-4OLB#3 or a S#1?

I went with S Delpit and his instincts to help out the secondary. I am sort of gambling on his 2018 production and that 2019 was him working through injury, which he couldn’t run drills at the combine still after the season ended. While it may not seem much, but Delpit did with the Jim Thorpe award in 2019, the most outstanding defensive back award.

It was too early to pick a second tiered OT, I don’t need a WR1 here, I don’t need a QB, and I can’t trade down. I went with S1 than OLB3.

Rd 2. (45th overall) OT Austin Jackson, USC
      OT Josh Jones (40th)and Ezra Cleveland (43rd) were taken earlier.
      S Antoine Winfield Jr taken at 42nd overall.

Notables: RB Edwards-Helaire, IOL Cesar Ruiz, S Chinn, RB JK Dobbins

The Logic behind the pick: The second tier of OT’s were here and Jackson was still available. It was worth the gamble to take S Delpit in the first round as I still ended up with a second tiered OT. Also, S Winfield was drafted before my second selection, which makes grabbing S Delpit a win because I could have missed out on S Winfield. Although some very good running backs were available here too , keeping Brady upright with more talent at the RT position is a must.

At this point, I am hoping to a notable running back would be available in the 3rd round as I have already addressed OT and Safety, both needing upgraded starters. Is there a RB that could be had in the 3rd round in this simulation? Also, I would be willing to draft a DT in the third round. It all depends on the BPA that comes available when my next turn is up.
      **** End of Excerpt ****

Here, I identified a need to draft a coverage safety as I denote I would have missed out on S Antoine Winfield in the 2nd round.

@dyt (x), either you apologize for your outright lie or you admit you’re incompetent to comprehend simple mock situations.

Either way, you’re on blast.

::: Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta! :::

• BucBalla85

Participant

I agree about making the right picks. Let’s see if they can play now! The odds of them both being great is probably not as good as we would like but I’ll take it. Let’s just hope that we got some good value there.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have hope they will develop into pro bowlers. Wirfs is a physical specimen. Winfield is a guy I said earlier, nocwY this kid busts. He’s a playmaker.

I agree about making the right picks. Let’s see if they can play now! The odds of them both being great is probably not as good as we would like but I’ll take it. Let’s just hope that we got some good value there.

• Bucman

Participant

Winfield will be our Bob Sanders without the injuries.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope. That’s who I comped him to as well!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I hope so man. Winfields injury history isnt much if at all better than bob sanders.

He missed what damn near 2 full years in college?

Thats why he dropped to tampa.

Hopefully a fluke. Football is not an easy sport for anyone to play 16 games in, yet alone a safety.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those two look the part for sure. If they develop, I can see Pro Bowl type aspirations.

• BucWonder

Participant

A lot of prognosticators thought he would be gone by the tine the Bucs picked. It was a nice stroke of luck he was still around.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Go Bucs!

• buc-in-out

Participant

I am hoping Wirfs progresses well enough that we can cut D.Smith and move him over to LT for next season, draft another tackle early next offseason. If he takes well to coaching, I don’t see why he can’t be a probowl LT.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. Smith is a goner for sure. He is what he is. Weak and slow. But he is durable and big (Licht reasoning with himself).

I am hoping Wirfs progresses well enough that we can cut D.Smith and move him over to LT for next season, draft another tackle early next offseason. If he takes well to coaching, I don’t see why he can’t be a probowl LT.

• Biggs3535

Participant

For those interested, Wirfs had a very good overall PFF grade (86.0), with an elite (90.6) run-grade. I don’t know that Marpet has even had a run-grade that high.

Winfield still had a good overall grade (70.9) which dropped from W1, mainly because of coverage. PFF credited him with 3 receptions on 4 targets.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

For those interested, Wirfs had a very good overall PFF grade (86.0), with an elite (90.6) run-grade. I don’t know that Marpet has even had a run-grade that high.

Winfield still had a good overall grade (70.9) which dropped from W1, mainly because of coverage. PFF credited him with 3 receptions on 4 targets.

Good stuff!

Thanks Biggs.

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

D. Smith is going nowhere. Nice rebound, Donovan!

We need those high draft picks to replace Suh and JPP next year.

• Biggs3535

Participant

D. Smith is going nowhere. Nice rebound, Donovan!

You may be correct that Smith isn’t going anywhere, but you aren’t right about him playing well yesterday. There was no rebound:

Week 1: 64.0 overall with 58.8 pass block and 74.4 run block
      Week 2: 57.8 overall with 53.6 pass block and 57.8 run block

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Earlier I said to pump the brakes and let’s wait and see if they can actually play. Two games in and I’m thinking the same as a lot of you. Injuries are the only thing that might stop these two from becoming long time fixtures.

• garfield

Participant

Wirfs is one of the most athletic tackles to enter the league in a long time and was coached by Kirk Ferentz, who is the best in the business with regards to offensive line coaching. Anyone with a brain knew he’d be good.

• seekpar

Participant

Very impressed with both so far.

• TBChucky

Participant

These two should only get better.. I’m very happy so far, and I’m excited to watch them improve!

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Wirfs has so far exceeded my expectations. I expected Wirfs to have the same play as Donovan Smith. The flaw with Wirfs is inconsistent technique coming out of college because he relied so much on his superior athleticism. I think it was the Penn St game that scarred me about Wirfs. If he was the last OT available, then I’d still take him because we needed a starter.

Having Wirfs perform this well as a rookie just makes Donovan’s play this year in his sixth year in the league that much more cringe worthy and validating what many of us have been saying about LT Smith all along.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.