Winfiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiield!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    GameTime
    Participant

The legend of Dalton risner grows.

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

The legend of Dalton risner grows.

+2
    Please wait...

Yeah I feel old just talking about Risner. 🙂

But if the Bucs just draft 1 Ol every year they will eventually have a better OL that is also cheaper. Sure, the Bucs are now flooding the DB and RB positions but flooding the OL is not a bad strategy either.

That is my dream!

+5
    Rating: +3. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...

Build the trenches!

dalbuc
    Participant

Winfield reminds me of Ed Reed…another great pick

+11
    Rating: +11. From 11 votes.
    Please wait...

Really who he reminds me of is Ronde. Similar size and build. He’s gonna play a lot of nickel corner and work over the slots i suspect. Good instincts and understanding of angles, plays under control and creates turnovers.

+6
    Rating: +5. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...
    JamesButabi
    Participant

This was definitely a sexy pick. Looking forward to finding more film on this kid.

+3
    Rating: +3. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...
    EataW
    Participant

I’m not happy about this pick. How many more high draft picks should we invest in this secondary. I mean damn..1st round pick in Hargravees. 2nd round picks in MJ Stewart, Carlton Davis, Justin Evans, and Sean Murphy Bunting…3rd round picks in Mike Edwards and Jamal Dean…Is this some kind of joke?

We should have drafted Marlon Davidson instead. He was impressive on film and his versatility would’ve helped a lot. He would’ve been great to add to that group.

+1
    Rating: -9. From 11 votes.
    Please wait...
    Detrimental
    Participant

To be fair, Hargreaves/Stewart/Davis/Evans are Mike Smith vouched guys. I have no problem with Bowles wanting to bring in his own DB talent because out of that trio 1 of them shows signs of being good. Under Bowles we got Winfield, Dean, Murphy-Bunting which should be adequate enough to put out an average secondary. I’m not a pro Licht guy but its painfully obvious that he has no voice in these draft rooms. Just the YES man.

I’m not happy about this pick. How many more high draft picks should we invest in this secondary. I mean damn..1st round pick in Hargravees. 2nd round picks in MJ Stewart, Carlton Davis, Justin Evans, and Sean Murphy Bunting…3rd round picks in Mike Edwards and Jamal Dean…Is this some kind of joke?

We should have drafted Marlon Davidson instead. He was impressive on film and his versatility would’ve helped a lot. He would’ve been great to add to that group.

+1
    Please wait...

+3
    Please wait...
    Natural Selection
    Participant

Drafting is clearly a complex set of considerations. I am greatly frustrated by our positional emphasis over time. I completely agree with that perspective. We look like a clown show over Licht’s tenure. I also agree with the opinion that he hasn’t been really driving the bus through much of his tenure. So I do feel it’s somewhat unfair to pin all my issues with our draft focus on him.

I overlook that here because I like the prospect and I believe he represents good value where we selected him. I don’t think he would have made 50 if we drafted elsewhere and no one would have batted an eye if he went in the late 20s. His film is EXCELLENT. He pops off the screen as a playmaker. He makes plays off great anticipation and recognition as well as other plays where it’s toughness/grit/reflexes/athleticism. He clearly displays elite mental and physical characteristics. His only significant downsides are height and injury history (legitimate and likely the only reason he made 45). So I can understand frustration with ANOTHER secondary player, but this one isn’t just another secondary player for me.

+2
    Please wait...
    Diehard Astheycome
    Participant

I wanted him and we got him! Love the pick because our safeties arent good!

+14
    Rating: +13. From 15 votes.
    Please wait...

Agree with this. I was saying when the round started , get me Dobbins possibly Akers but if Winfield is there I run that pick in ASAP. I really don’t think some grasp HOW BAD our safety play has been. Having Brady is great , but if they don’t punt or we have no margin of error with turnovers, it can get ugly. Our guys are in press man a lot. I think underneath LVD n White can get there and make the tackle.
    It’s the downfield plays where our guys get ZERO help over top. Or like Engrams first play for NYG on Edwards in coverage after the half. The shoulder tackling and guys bounce off and pick up 8 more yards.
    Just like our Oline drives some nuts , we’ll S for me has been as much of a hurting position. Just look what James, Fitzpatrick n Adams do for their defenses.
    I’ve been the please don’t say Justin Evans around me , we need S guy.
    This pick IF HE STAYS HEALTHY makes this draft.

+3
    Please wait...
    freddy
    Participant

Considering the defense he is stepping into, if Winfield plays to his potential, I think he could in the the DROY conversation.

+6
    Rating: +6. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...
    Detrimental
    Participant

I was done with Edwards when he got smoked by Jared Cook for a 30+ yard catch and run in man coverage. Guy just doesn’t have the speed to run with 4.5 guys in man coverage. He really did nothing to show me that he belongs in the league. Big whiff on that Carson run in which White forced the fumble on. For a “safety” he gave up numerous big plays week in and week out that cost us points. And for a 4 year highly touted starter by the coaches, it didn’t translate on Sunday. Maybe he can develop into a decent back-up but I don’t see anything special in Edwards at all.

I wanted him and we got him! Love the pick because our safeties arent good!

+14
    Rating: +13. From 15 votes.
    Please wait...

Agree with this. I was saying when the round started , get me Dobbins possibly Akers but if Winfield is there I run that pick in ASAP. I really don’t think some grasp HOW BAD our safety play has been. Having Brady is great , but if they don’t punt or we have no margin of error with turnovers, it can get ugly. Our guys are in press man a lot. I think underneath LVD n White can get there and make the tackle.
    It’s the downfield plays where our guys get ZERO help over top. Or like Engrams first play for NYG on Edwards in coverage after the half. The shoulder tackling and guys bounce off and pick up 8 more yards.
    Just like our Oline drives some nuts , we’ll S for me has been as much of a hurting position. Just look what James, Fitzpatrick n Adams do for their defenses.
    I’ve been the please don’t say Justin Evans around me , we need S guy.
    This pick IF HE STAYS HEALTHY makes this draft.

+3
    Please wait...

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    ratiffshabang
    Participant

+1
    Please wait...

There are some “fans” that you just cant make happy, no matter what.
    Obviously, there are guys we drafted that thus far look like they wont be contributors. However, I’m baffled that you are upset that Licht tried remedy the situation.
    You’re complaining about drafting the guy that led the team in Interceptions, Sean Murpy-Bunting. Also complaining about Dean who looks like (if he stays healthy) is going to be a very good CB. SMB is going to be an excellent cb and Davis has a lot of talent as well.
    Winfield>Delpit
    Essentially we are looking at
    Wirfs and SMB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Risner
    Wirfs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Risner
    We got an OT with tremendous upside in Wirfs, two very talented CBs in SMB and Dean, and a true starting S that has all the skills needed to be a beast in Winfield. Yet, you’re complaining! Maybe you need to go root for the team that never has a draftee bust.

+2
    Rating: 0. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    Barnz1
    Participant

This team will win games based off the air attack opening the game up for smarts runs. Not the other way round. And minimizing turnovers that plagued us with Winston. Another year of experience with Jones + Vaughn is enough juice when you have Brady, Gronk, Evans, Godwin, OJ running up the score.

I am more than happy shoring up the safety position with a stud who will produce turnovers for said offense. This is more valuable than a RB who while a superior runner than Vaughn, will have limited opportunities compared to other highly drafted RB’s. Management obviously also still believe in Ronald Jones which opened up the door for Winfield.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Barnz1.
    X
    Spectator

I believe in Ronald Jones ability to hit big runs, and catch a simple screen and turn it upfield for a big gain. What I don’t know is will he become a good pass blocker, with more dependable mitts? He had a few big chunk yardage plays called back as a result nothing of his doing. He is a slow developing RB, which is strange considering their hit the ground running nature. Vaughn is a good spell back, but I still don’t see him becoming a great RB. He is Barber’s replacement.

This team will win games based off the air attack opening the game up for smarts runs. Not the other way round. And minimizing turnovers that plagued us with Winston. Another year of experience with Jones + Vaughn is enough juice when you have Brady, Gronk, Evans, Godwin, OJ running up the score.

I am more than happy shoring up the safety position with a stud who will produce turnovers for said offense. This is more valuable than a RB who while a superior runner than Vaughn, will have limited opportunities compared to other highly drafted RB’s. Management obviously also still believe in Ronald Jones which opened up the door for Winfield.

+2
    Please wait...

+2
    Please wait...
    tiapanda
    Participant

“He is a slow developing RB, which is strange considering their hit the ground running nature.”

RoJo is actually 3 months younger than Ke’Shawn Vaughn. He was 20 when he was drafted, the youngest RB in his class. At 22 he doesn’t have much mileage. His improvement from year 1 to year 2 was remarkable, a complete turnaround. I think he continues to improve and becomes a stud RB for the Bucs.

+2
    Please wait...
    Pennywise
    Participant

Love the pick ,but will need to work on this.

Missed tackle % among top 2020 safeties in draft:
    – Delpit 25 %
    – Robinson 17.4 %
    – Jones 14.2 %
    – Winfield 13.8 %
    – Davis 12.3 %
    – Burgess 11.8 %
    – Blackmon 11.7 %
    – McKinney 11 %
    – Chinn 9.3 %

– K’Von Wallace 7.9 %

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.