Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

I think this is a wake up call for Winston. Instead of “check your sheet” I think it’s now “I can’t turn the ball over”. What a valuable lesson to be learned. Winston is a young and talented QB and his sole focus going forward should be playing smart mistake free football like Brady. What a huge difference it makes!

• BucsFan83

Participant

I wonder if he likes eating L’s

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I think he just stuffs ’em where the sun don’t shine …. that way he can bypass the digestion part.

• D.King

Participant

Coaches have been trying to get the turnovers out of JW since FSU. Sometimes a tiger just can’t change his stripes

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

Who cares. I’m an FSU fan but dude is old news as far as the Bucs are concerned. I’d rather enjoy this new era.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here Here!!!

• Greattimes

Participant

Winston Moss was a good LB for the Bucs, who is this other Winston being talked about?

• BucBalla85

Participant

Winston who?

• Charles

Participant

who?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is that the guy who lives with his mama over on 53rd and Elm?

• BChaves8

Participant

I for one will gladly THANK Mr. Winston for his poor play in his 5 years because by some miracle the stars aligned and Brady came here.

The last decade of shit football was worth it after this SB run.

• JameisStinkston

Participant

Winston got the shaft. he was on the verge of greatness. The pieces were in place and this was his for the taking.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Ha! Thanks for the laugh!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really?

I know you’re joking, but yes, the pieces were in place jameis, but there was a failure to deliver a complete game.

In the mean time, it’s best to keep a good attitude and once it is demonstrated that the turnovers are a thing of the past, and after the Brady era, there may be room for a QB that’s ready for the big time.

Reading defenses and going through progressions (the mental part of the game), needs to be developed to the point that the physical skills mean something and are useful.

My father can still play school yard ball. He may not be able to chuck it as far, but could probably get close to 5000 yds.

OK, maybe not me or my father, but my son could. :-)

Think about it.

^^mtn^^
        since ’76

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

So many people can’t combine the poster’s name with the comment to realize it’s a parody. heh

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Yes it turned out to be Tom Brady and very thankful it was. But just more evidence that the Bucs were only a competent QB away from seriously contending for a championship. Everything else was in place.

• Jon Gruden

Participant

Brady is MILES better than Jameis. He may be the greatest athlete of all time. But let’s not pretend like this team bears any resemblance to last year.

All 4 Touchdowns were by players who came here in the offseason (another testament to Brady.) Wirfs and Winfield are incredible and White is a complete player.

We are better more for the leader and talent magnet Brady is than his play on the field. Winston has major issues but let’s not pretend like comparing him to the GOAT is as simple as a “QB upgrade”

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please don’t sell last season’s team short, it got Brady here.

Agree with the following notations:

“All 4 Touchdowns were by players who came here in the offseason (another testament to Brady.) Wirfs and Winfield are incredible and White is (very close to being) a complete player.

We are better more for the leader and talent magnet Brady is than his play on the field (false, so false. Really?). Winston has major issues but let’s not pretend like comparing him to the GOAT is as simple as a “QB upgrade””(who’s comparing him to the GAOT? LOL,double REALLY?)

• Jon Gruden

Participant

Brady came in and taught these guys how to win. The Bucs had talent but a lot of teams do. The truly great ones accept nothing less than perfection.

Case in point Deshaun Watson. He is an incredible athlete and passer but he was unable to lead his team to even 5 wins. He is probably equal to Brady on the field when you combine his running/throwing.

But it is what Brady provides in leadership that truly sets him apart. Jameis and every other QB in the league is an amateur in comparison. Its not fair to Winston (as bad as his picks were) to compare him to possibly the greatest winner in sports history.

Don’t know why this board can’t just let it go. We won a super bowl yesterday and people want to pile on our old QB. Its a little weird.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

It is that simple

• Watchman

Participant

It is bizarre to think that last season were rooting for a Jameis Winston led team. 5 years of that.

What a difference one off season can make.

• m_j

Participant

winston who?

• seekpar

Participant

We’ll find out this coming season if that genius in NO can fix the TO problem.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Only thing missing from a complete bucs postseason revenge tour was somebody eating a W in his face towards the end of the saints game. Dislike him so much.

• Roy

Participant

Winston has had a whole year in the Saints system. Ian Rappaport: “My understanding is Jameis Winston is in the driver’s seat to be the starting quarterback for the Saints next season. He is the potential heir to everything Drew Brees had.”

He will get his chance to prove the doubters wrong this year, although with what kind of team we don’t know. The Saints are in cap hell, and we’ll see how they look once that shakes out.

• elguapo

Participant

That being said, Winston is baller that wants $ 30 million a year! What do you think that Saints will offer, 4, 5 mill?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Good this year have been any sweeter?

8 straight wins to end the season

Beat Winston who had to watch from a clipboard.

Retired Brees.

Beat the Packers twice.

Revenge on the all-mighty Chiefs

Super Bowl championship in a home game

Brady coming back

Evans taking a payout

Devin White with parabolic improvement through season

Smith stepped up and shut the haters like me up

Winfield peace sign to Hill

SMB with 3 picks in the post season after struggling all year

What did I miss?

• Detrimental

Participant

Licht literally tried to build around this man since drafting him in 2015. Godwin, Jones, Howard, with Evans already in place. I know he feels like a loser right now for not figuring it out. Poor guy

• Roy

Participant

As for the salary, he’ll be earning less than $10 mil per year. Look at the Fitzpatrick, Taylor, Foles. Those guys earned about $8 mil. Those are transitional QBs. You can always hope against hope that Winston suddenly converts himself into a first pick of the draft QB, but you don’t bet your team’s future that.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

We just won the Super Bowl and the poster wants to look back at the past? How f***ing petty are you @TB-Bucfan4life?!

We have so many other things to worry about such as FA period, the salary cap, and the draft to run it back again.

MOVE DAFUQ ON! Act like Champions! Act like Brady! We’re only halfway done here because Brady wants a second trophy. We want a second trophy. Let’s focus on that!

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.