Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Glazer, Winston share excitement for young team at Buccaneers luncheonBy Ira Kaufman | Tribune Staff Published: September 8, 2015glazers_zpsnb3elbur.jpgTAMPA — The calendar and the thermometer say it’s still summer in the Bay area. For Bryan Glazer, it feels like Christmas.The co-owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has been eagerly awaiting the start of the 2015 season to see how rookie quarterback Jameis Winston and the rest of a young roster competes beginning Sunday afternoon, when the Tennessee Titans travel to Raymond James Stadium for a Week 1 matchup.“We’ve been waiting a long time for this,’’ Glazer said Tuesday at the team’s annual Chamber of Commerce luncheon. ”Eight months is a long time from the end of one season to the beginning of the next. We’re ready to play football again and we have all these shiny new toys.“Let’s see how they’ll perform on the field. It’s like getting your presents at Christmas and not being able to open them until the fall. I can’t wait for this Sunday at 4:25.’’Joining Glazer on the stage at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay were GM Jason Licht, head coach Lovie Smith and five players — Winston, linebacker Lavonte David, second-year tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins and rookie offensive linemen Donovan Smith and Ali Marpet.Winston, the first rookie quarterback to start a Buccaneer season opener since Doug Williams in 1978, received a rousing ovation from civic and business leaders in the ballroom.“You have to cherish how much of a blessing it is to be a Buc,’’ said the former Florida State standout. ”Some of the guys are here one day and the next day, they’re gone. Every day at the facility, we have to think about how all of us have this opportunity of a lifetime.’’Winston generated some laughs when he was asked to name some of his favorite Tampa Bay hangouts.“It has to be One Buc Place,’’ he quipped.Coming off a 2-14 season in his first year on the Tampa Bay sidelines, Smith said the 2015 Bucs will be competitive from the start.“We realize what happened last year,’’ he said. “You guys stood by us. We’ve been working hard and we’re going to put a good product on the football field. Our guys are ready to go. Come out this Sunday and see for yourself what our team looks like.’’ikaufman@tampatrib.comTwitter: @IKaufmanTBO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What did anyone expect him to say, “..i like that one place with the signs all over the interstate”?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would have been funny if he said “joes crab shack”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would have been funny if he said "joes crab shack"

He would of got a lot of hate for it but yes that would have been hilarious lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When I read the title I thought man I hope he said the film room. OBP counts tho :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or Publix  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i know he likes takeout from the Cask.  hopefully hes getting the chicken and waffles while supporting a teammate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brocato’s needs to send Winston some Tampa Style deviled crabs!  MMMMM!  GOOD!http://brocatossandwich.com/

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Good for him he seems to be doing and saying all the right things so far. I hope he gets a W sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or Publix  ;D

Or kinsman's backyard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saw a strange sit down a month or so back with Scott Smith, I believe, where he asked him a few times where he liked to eat/hangout (he brushed it off and said he has just been learning the system not going out). Tampa media seems oddly fascinated in this, or maybe it’s an everywhere thing… no idea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or Publix  ;D

Or kinsman's backyard.

all would be funny as all heckbut after they wanted him kicked out the league for a draft day photoi'd have said 1 buc place and that's it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glazer  and his Christmas memories…  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or Publix  ;D

Or kinsman's backyard.

all would be funny as all heckbut after they wanted him kicked out the league for a draft day photoi'd have said 1 buc place and that's it.

At least its not homosexually charged mj wannabe pics, or photos with the "crazy glue" gang.But, no, that guy is welcome in any seafood restaurant in tampa. With open arms too. Its just good business.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe’s, Publix both great.  Your Mom's house...  Mangroves....That's all I got. Best answer... Publix.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mangroves....

is now cask

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On a side note, I’m coming to the game from out of town.  What is a good place to eat that is within 10 minutes of the stadium?  Looking for something laid back, good drinks and won’t break the bank. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On a side note, I'm coming to the game from out of town.  What is a good place to eat that is within 10 minutes of the stadium?  Looking for something laid back, good drinks and won't break the bank.

Dont go to a place called javas moms.Hate and youngone said it was by fowler and crab-shampoo lane though if you want to try it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On a side note, I'm coming to the game from out of town.  What is a good place to eat that is within 10 minutes of the stadium?  Looking for something laid back, good drinks and won't break the bank.

Dont go to a place called javas moms.Hate and youngone said it was by fowler and crab-shampoo lane though if you want to try it.

RidX ? ? ?  hahaha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why the hell would they build a stadium next to a place to eat? That's crazy talk!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you like good Cuban/Spanish food  ARCO IRIS  Just a bit south of the stadium on Columbus dr just East of Himes ave on the right. Less than a mile away.  https://www.google.com/search?q=arco+iris+tampa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glazer, Winston share excitement for young team at Buccaneers luncheonBy Ira Kaufman | Tribune Staff Published: September 8, 2015glazers_zpsnb3elbur.jpgTAMPA — The calendar and the thermometer say it’s still summer in the Bay area. For Bryan Glazer, it feels like Christmas.The co-owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has been eagerly awaiting the start of the 2015 season to see how rookie quarterback Jameis Winston and the rest of a young roster competes beginning Sunday afternoon, when the Tennessee Titans travel to Raymond James Stadium for a Week 1 matchup.“We’ve been waiting a long time for this,’’ Glazer said Tuesday at the team’s annual Chamber of Commerce luncheon. ”Eight months is a long time from the end of one season to the beginning of the next. We’re ready to play football again and we have all these shiny new toys.“Let’s see how they’ll perform on the field. It’s like getting your presents at Christmas and not being able to open them until the fall. I can’t wait for this Sunday at 4:25.’’Joining Glazer on the stage at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay were GM Jason Licht, head coach Lovie Smith and five players — Winston, linebacker Lavonte David, second-year tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins and rookie offensive linemen Donovan Smith and Ali Marpet.Winston, the first rookie quarterback to start a Buccaneer season opener since Doug Williams in 1978, received a rousing ovation from civic and business leaders in the ballroom.“You have to cherish how much of a blessing it is to be a Buc,’’ said the former Florida State standout. ”Some of the guys are here one day and the next day, they’re gone. Every day at the facility, we have to think about how all of us have this opportunity of a lifetime.’’Winston generated some laughs when he was asked to name some of his favorite Tampa Bay hangouts.“It has to be One Buc Place,’’ he quipped.Coming off a 2-14 season in his first year on the Tampa Bay sidelines, Smith said the 2015 Bucs will be competitive from the start.“We realize what happened last year,’’ he said. “You guys stood by us. We’ve been working hard and we’re going to put a good product on the football field. Our guys are ready to go. Come out this Sunday and see for yourself what our team looks like.’’ikaufman@tampatrib.comTwitter: @IKaufmanTBO

What no Red Lobster?...OBD

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m impressed and disappointed… he passed up on a great opportunity to troll there.He could have said McDinton's. I'm sure that would have triggered a few heart attacks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glazer  and his Christmas memories...  ;D

I thought they were Jewish.  ???

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Glazer  and his Christmas memories...  ;D

Good catch. You would think Ira would no better.

Please wait…

• surgeandsettle

Participant

He has been going to The Kennedy nightclub a few times along with some other players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He has been going to The Kennedy nightclub a few times along with some other players.

I have been told by a reliable source on this board that he isn't in to going out or clubs or drinking or drugs.  He only watches film or works out.  I call BS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

RidX ? ? ?  hahaha

Thats a block down. They get a lot of business coming from that direction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have been told by a reliable source on this board that he isn't in to going out or clubs or drinking or drugs.  He only watches film or works out.  I call BS.

LOL

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.