Viewing 40 reply threads

• Author

• Hey Hey Tampa Bay

Participant

13/19 for 210 yards and a TD.7 receptions for 120 yards and TD to RBs. Still a wasted draft pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Aaaaand you’re stupid. That is all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

this is a very weak troll attempt

Please wait…

• Stratobuc

Participant

Aaaaand you're stupid. That is all.

Numbers don't lie. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Numbers don't lie.

QBR 122.5

Please wait…

• Stratobuc

Participant

Been a fan since Doug Williams days, unfortunately.

Please wait…

• Stratobuc

Participant

Numbers don't lie.

QBR 122.5

Yeah, had to laugh when I saw that.  I guess you can get a high QBR without doing much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Numbers don't lie.

QBR 122.5

Yeah, had to laugh when I saw that.  I guess you can get a high QBR without doing much.

You clearly know football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just because you are old doesn't mean you are incapable of trolling. probably just a curmudgeon old man sitting around miserable all the time.

Please wait…

• Stratobuc

Participant

Numbers don't lie.

QBR 122.5

You clearly know football.

Thank you!  :)

Please wait…

• Stratobuc

Participant

Just because you are old doesn't mean you are incapable of trolling. probably just a curmudgeon old man sitting around miserable all the time.

No just seen a lot of bad football.  Usually just the first half.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a coincidence that the Bucs win the two games when Winston throws ~20 times and lose when he throws 30+ times…

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Numbers don't lie.

QBR 122.5

Why don't you introduce us to your more innovative rating system--because the NFL's has used the same flawed ( according to you} system ) to judge QB play for quite some time now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teddy Bridgewater won rookie of the year last year with stat lines like that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

13/19 for 210 yards and a TD.7 receptions for 120 yards and TD to RBs. Still a wasted draft pick.

I love posters like you...bucs win and you want to make sarcastic attempts to get under our skin all because your golden boy plays for the titans.The only game winston has lost for us was last week. The defense couldnt stop the titans rushing attack or mariota and his 13 pass attempts.And we all know what happened in the texans game...missed fgs...horribly dropped passes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston = 1  Hey Hey = 0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hope you're other 36 posts (and the 10,000+ under a different account) were better than this very lame post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If any QB not named Winston had that stat line people would be saying we need more from the QB position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If any QB not named Winston had that stat line people would be saying we need more from the QB position.

Carson Palmer thinks you're a liar!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

**Looks over @ Titans’ 1-3 record**

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In all seriousness, he DID do an excellent job as a game manager, which many gun-slinger types struggle with. It is an important aspect of playing QB; there’s more to playing QB than just barking out signals and slinging the ball downfield over and over. Maybe this is a portent of things to come with Koetter’s Krew. We certainly were effective as an offense, which was a very refreshing change!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

AZ benched Palmer, tho'...  8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he played for us and had that stat line people would be calling him a washed up has been and posting polls on which QB we should take in the next draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what exactly is the point you're trying to make?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For AZ?  None...  They had 42.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4 more pts than us

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4 more pts than us

There must be something to this "Quarterback-driven League" thing...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just another butt-hurt Mariota fanboy posting under an alternate screen name. Can’t swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This message brought to you by the Mariota support group...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BS.  If it was Mike Glennon's stat line the Winston haters would be fanny patting his uncoordinated, geeky ass all day long.  As someone told me last week.... Mike Glennon is the Real deal! Ha!  Tell me I'm lying. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

4 more pts than us

AZ was blowing out Detroit since halftime.  Jacksonville was neck and neck with us for 55 minutes.  Sometimes facts clear up misconceptions... you should look into that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess i see the pro/cons about winston differently than most.I can see both rational arguments. Winston isnt/is good.Right now, I'm still struggling to find a reason why we place him ahead of guys like freeman, garcia, dilfer, doug williams, etc. Let alone guys of much higher caliber play throughout the nfl.Still, i see a qb that does have all the god gifted physical skills a qb would need. A player who actually enjoys the game. A qb that, even though he doesnt throw a bunch, can still have a high YPT.Imvho, this can go either way. But what does worry me the most, outside of koetter, there isnt going to be a ton of continuity of vets surrounding him or helping him. Vj is old, so is mankins, eds sucks, and they didnt resign martin in the offseason. And lovie never "helps" any qb.He did in that last game, exactly what i want to see, and i don't care if it was against an inferior or mediocre product. He improved. He learned. Things started to click.Now, im not going to say he's going to do that same thing against an elite defense, but that its a steppingstone to later things of that sort, hopefully.Koetter had better be on his a-game, because winston has some bad tendencies, and is going to have ONLY koetter to help him out. I still say he will eventually be at least tacobell freeman-like, which isnt bad imvho. It just sucks that he isnt going to be quite as good a qb as mariota.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess i see the pro/cons about winston differently than most.I can see both rational arguments. Winston isnt/is good.Right now, I'm still struggling to find a reason why we place him ahead of guys like freeman, garcia, dilfer, doug williams, etc. Let alone guys of much higher caliber play throughout the nfl.Still, i see a qb that does have all the god gifted physical skills a qb would need. A player who actually enjoys the game. A qb that, even though he doesnt throw a bunch, can still have a high YPT.Imvho, this can go either way. But what does worry me the most, outside of koetter, there isnt going to be a ton of continuity of vets surrounding him or helping him. Vj is old, so is mankins, eds sucks, and they didnt resign martin in the offseason. And lovie never "helps" any qb.He did in that last game, exactly what i want to see, and i don't care if it was against an inferior or mediocre product. He improved. He learned. Things started to click.Now, im not going to say he's going to do that same thing against an elite defense, but that its a steppingstone to later things of that sort, hopefully.Koetter had better be on his a-game, because winston has some bad tendencies, and is going to have ONLY koetter to help him out. I still say he will eventually be at least tacobell freeman-like, which isnt bad imvho. It just sucks that he isnt going to be quite as good a qb as mariota.

I'm fine with Winston so far.  He's looked like garbage a bit, and looked pretty darn good.  I'll wait for the full year to watch a progression to gauge him.  I just don't want them to baby him.  Let him throw when the passing game is working.

Please wait…

• water130u128

Winston has had two bad games and played good in 3… He is a rookie that was thrown in to start his first year.  Most QB’s get time to adjust, we are adjusting on the fly.    Winston played well enough to beat Houston.  Lots of dropped passes and 3 missed FG's and an extra point.    I believe the Bucs now know their formula for success this year.  Run the ball with Doug and set up high percentage play action passes with Winston.    Defense create turnovers.  I think we will see this formula more as the season moves on. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel like Koetter is making Winston earn more passing attempts and not just letting him sling the ball all over the field which I am fine with. Don’t hand Winston anything, let him earn it. He will learn when he can force the situation and when he needs to manage the game a little.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel like Koetter is making Winston earn more passing attempts and not just letting him sling the ball all over the field which I am fine with. Don't hand Winston anything, let him earn it. He will learn when he can force the situation and when he needs to manage the game a little.

Very interesting.  We'll see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel like Koetter is making Winston earn more passing attempts and not just letting him sling the ball all over the field which I am fine with. Don't hand Winston anything, let him earn it. He will learn when he can force the situation and when he needs to manage the game a little.

Very interesting.  We'll see.

It is an interesting theory, I'll say that much.However, when people say, "this coach wanted to do X whatever, over winning" it's tough for anyone to believe that.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Good thread.  Yay for Winston.  He was mediocre and not downright horrible. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can't be serious with that crap. Mariota has steadily declined every successive game. His QB rating went from perfect to 90 something to 80 something to 60 something.He fumbled the ball five freaking times in week two. Two of them were called back because of penalty. Two turned over to the other team.He had a man wide open for the game winning TD this week and severely underthrew it for the loss clenching INT. Everything that I have been saying about him is now happening. From the lack of pocket presence to leaving the pocket prematurely, to the massive amounts of fumbles. He has obviously had some good days and he even had one great day vs. Lovie's defense, but you can not be serious with the concession that Jameis won't be a better QB than Mariota. No way in hell. You are just masquerading as a Bucs fan at this point, or else you have no idea what Mariota has looked like since week one. Now that teams have film to study, only the idiot defensive coordinators could not stop him. Simply crowd the LOS and jump everything underneath. He is 2-15 on throw that travel more than 20 yards. Teams are going to make him beat them with the deep ball, which he can't throw. The beginning of the end is already here for your hero Mariota. You better hurry up and jump on the Winston bandwagon. It's getting full already.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teams know to stack the box against rookie QB’s but you have

You can't be serious with that crap. Mariota has steadily declined every successive game. His QB rating went from perfect to 90 something to 80 something to 60 something.He fumbled the ball five freaking times in week two. Two of them were called back because of penalty. Two turned over to the other team.He had a man wide open for the game winning TD this week and severely underthrew it for the loss clenching INT. Everything that I have been saying about him is now happening. From the lack of pocket presence to leaving the pocket prematurely, to the massive amounts of fumbles. He has obviously had some good days and he even had one great day vs. Lovie's defense, but you can not be serious with the concession that Jameis won't be a better QB than Mariota. No way in hell. You are just masquerading as a Bucs fan at this point, or else you have no idea what Mariota has looked like since week one. Now that teams have film to study, only the idiot defensive coordinators could not stop him. Simply crowd the LOS and jump everything underneath. He is 2-15 on throw that travel more than 20 yards. Teams are going to make him beat them with the deep ball, which he can't throw. The beginning of the end is already here for your hero Mariota. You better hurry up and jump on the Winston bandwagon. It's getting full already.

Mariota is going to be a good QB by next year.Right now, the Titans lack a WR opposite of Wright that is legit and a slot guy that can cause defenders to bite underneath to free up Wright running go, fly, and post routes downfield.  They are using Delanie Walker and the other TE's in such a capacity but they are not field burners by any stretch.The biggest problem with Mariota is that he is throwing to spots downfield ahead of the receiver which is fine, but you have to do it with more velocity.  The lobs downfield are too easy for NFL defenders to defend due to sheer speed.  What is considered open in the NFL is half a step or a few steps ahead of a defender, which is a tight window.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teams know to stack the box against rookie QB's but you have

Mariota is going to be a good QB by next year.Right now, the Titans lack a WR opposite of Wright that is legit and a slot guy that can cause defenders to bite underneath to free up Wright running go, fly, and post routes downfield.  They are using Delanie Walker and the other TE's in such a capacity but they are not field burners by any stretch.The biggest problem with Mariota is that he is throwing to spots downfield ahead of the receiver which is fine, but you have to do it with more velocity.  The lobs downfield are too easy for NFL defenders to defend due to sheer speed.  What is considered open in the NFL is half a step or a few steps ahead of a defender, which is a tight window.

DGB?

Please wait…

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.