Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 47 reply threads

• Author

• theknees

Participant

It’s weird…

• Pennywise

Participant

Good , Bucs young DBs will love the completions he makes to them .

• Greattimes

Participant

Have you ever known anyone who knew a subject matter until they took a test and then drew a complete blank? That is Jamies Winston. He looks good in practice, passes all the classroom work, even looks good in preseason games. But when the real games begin, everything he learned goes right out the window. He has enough physical skills to win some games, but too often he throws the ball up for grabs and the pass goes incomplete, intercepted or returned for a pick 6.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I like Jameis. He was easy to root for.

His bonehead mistakes will not be missed.

I hope he does well but not too well as i hope we run away with the division.

he can be really good if he cuts the turnovers in half. Will be interesting to see but i have my doubts he is capable of that

• ratiffshabang

Participant

I’m happy for him, and hope he succeeds. Things unfortunately didn’t work out for him here, but wish him all the best. He looked great in that last preseason game, hope he can continue to play like that…just not against us lol

• JC5100

Participant

I like Jameis. He was easy to root for.

His bonehead mistakes will not be missed.

I hope he does well but not too well as i hope we run away with the division.

he can be really good if he cuts the turnovers in half. Will be interesting to see but i have my doubts he is capable of that

He’s completely fake. Embarrassed FSU, embarrassed the Bucs. But he says all the right things. Fraud.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

“He’d be really good if he quit with the turnovers…”
      Heard that one before

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

The real question is, out of the 6-7 picks he throws against us; how many will go to our LB’s?

• TBChucky

Participant

Someone call him an UBER!!

I’m just glad he gets another chance to throw the ball to Bucs players..

• seekpar

Participant

Here’s to hoping wINsTon goes 30/30 again and joins his own solo club again! CHEERS!

• The Golden God

Participant

It’s weird…

What’s weird about it? He was deemed the better option of the two for the job.

Don’t tell me that you think Winston beating out Taysom Hill for the job, somehow ‘proves’ something, or is even worth pointing out. You might have even lower standards for Jameis than myself.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

ok he is labeled a bust with us but i dont understand the hate for him. Obviously we got the GOAT but if we missed on Tom, did you guys really want Teddy B or Philip Rivers over Jameis. No way.

i could see if Mariota was a stud and we just picked the wrong guy but since they both busted out with the original teams, it wasn’t like the 2015 draft was filled with hits – Winston, Mariota, Fowler, Amari Cooper, Brandon Scherff, Leonard Williams, and Kevin White were the first 7 picks. Weak.

the big test will be if Winston is still good without a stellar receiving core to throw too – i.e. Evans, Godwin

who knows how long Michael Thomas will be out. Kamara should be a good weapon but Jameis always threw the ball down field. should be interesting to watch.

• Vance

Participant

I ain’t saying nothing. Just our luck he throws 400 yards, 3 to and no ints. I was so mad that be threw that TD on us in the playoffs .

• RW

Participant

It’s weird…

It’s weirder he never ended up in jail.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

I ain’t saying nothing. Just our luck he throws 400 yards, 3 to and no ints. I was so mad that be threw that TD on us in the playoffs .

If that happens, the Fire Licht crusade will start up again.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

How are you still allowed to post, you racist POS?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Knees is more excited that Winston gets to start for our rival, than the Super Bowl we won.

It’s weird

• TCB2W!

Participant

ok he is labeled a bust with us but i dont understand the hate for him. Obviously we got the GOAT but if we missed on Tom, did you guys really want Teddy B or Philip Rivers over Jameis. No way.

i could see if Mariota was a stud and we just picked the wrong guy but since they both busted out with the original teams, it wasn’t like the 2015 draft was filled with hits – Winston, Mariota, Fowler, Amari Cooper, Brandon Scherff, Leonard Williams, and Kevin White were the first 7 picks. Weak.

the big test will be if Winston is still good without a stellar receiving core to throw too – i.e. Evans, Godwin

who knows how long Michael Thomas will be out. Kamara should be a good weapon but Jameis always threw the ball down field. should be interesting to watch.

Are you saying fans don’t have a reason to dislike him? His first pass was a pick six, his last a pick six for us. There are at least one or two games per season that we shouldn’t have and wouldn’t have lost if he didn’t throw multiple pick. Not to mention he seemed to nationally embarrass every year. Many didn’t want him for the alleged rape in college. On of his first interviews he was wearing glasses. He didn’t like contacts in the game. He was already called Squinton by FSU fans as a joke. Then all through his first year, all the leaked stories about all his immaturity and demeaning comments to women while standing on a table in a cafeteria.

Then ESPN and NFL network people started calling him the most entertaining QB in the NFL. Eating Ws. Touching Ws. Even in his first year showing an opponent while on the sidelines in the back of his helmet threatening injury to ME13 because he came to defend his WRONG QB. He waited until he was a free agent to get his eye surgery. Rumor was his agent made him. Even on hard knocks it was hard to like him as, considering his accomplishments so far, he seemed arrogant instead of confident. If I had all night, I could go one. The final straw for me is that after his last game where he lost it for us in overtime with his 6th pick six of the season. He was cocky as shit in the after game press conference. Check yo fact sheet. Up until that point, I still hoped the best for him. After that? GTFOOH and don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out.

• seekpar

Participant

^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I have far too much invested then I care to admit in Jameis RC cards lmao. Several #ed, autos, patches etc.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go 35/35!

• theknees

Participant

Weird…

• kenntak

Participant

Will the Saints not be playing there final preseason game? That’s good, less real game practice for the starters.

• garfield

Participant

His competition was Taysom Hill, who is a gadget player and not even a real QB, lol. Real impressive. Your boy was a total bust here in Tampa Bay, get over it.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Much better coaching in NO, no question.

Far worse weapons. Especially if Thomas is out awhile. He’s got Kamara and….no Evans or Godwin to constantly bail him out.

Rooting for him tho! My Jameis PC depends on it lmao.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Just watch this utter shit

• RW

Participant

When I watching those picks it’s like Winston is playing with his eyes closed………. It’s weird.

• Greattimes

Participant

The video of Winston throwing INT’s is great material for the Comedy Channel.

• seekpar

Participant

I be ballin’, check yo sheet.

Really loved OJ Howard’s behind the back trick INT, jeez he sucks. CUT OR TRADE HIM.

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, we have some dipshit fans here in Tampa. It’s embarrassing. Go take your racist crap elsewhere. FYI, for those who are into watching an ass whoopin, I’ll be up at Mickey’s tonight. Should be fun.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Nothing racist about seeing Winston as a bad QB.

Plenty of idiots like buccanoler for sure…

But don’t play this bullshit racist card here.

Winston isn’t good… I’m rooting for him to fail because he plays for our division rival.

• theknees

Participant

Nothing racist about seeing Winston as a bad QB.

Plenty of idiots like buccanoler for sure…

But don’t play this bullshit racist card here.

Winston isn’t good… I’m rooting for him to fail because he plays for our division rival.

Or, you are a known racist. Apparently you are not alone so, you have plenty of company.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Lol I’m known racist?

K

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I be ballin’, check yo sheet.

Never been a bigger dumbass post-game presser lacking any and all self-awareness.

• A-Train40

Participant

Winston is ass and will always be ass. Change my mind if you please

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Winston is ass and will always be ass. Change my mind if you please

Could go either way.

Could earn himself a $100 mil contract.

Could also earn clipboard duties lol.

Time will tell my friends!

• FireLicht2020

Participant

He’s elite when it doesn’t matter.

He’s atrocious otherwise

• Boid Fink

Participant

His turnovers cost the Bucs so many games. Loss of field position from those turnovers was a huge influence in games. The team would be trailing, so he was forced to chuck the ball around to come back, when he was often a key reason why the Bucs would be trailing.

He’s a dumbass. He called out the coaches and the owners (by saying he was ballin’…he was trying to force them to pay him a MJ ster contract without deserving it). He’s scum for that because those guys had his back through all the crimes he committed.

Jameis is also wildly inaccurate. Brady is the man!

• theknees

Participant

Jameis has a coach now.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Lolz…

• TCB2W!

Participant

His turnovers cost the Bucs so many games. Loss of field position from those turnovers was a huge influence in games. The team would be trailing, so he was forced to chuck the ball around to come back, when he was often a key reason why the Bucs would be trailing.

He’s a dumbass. He called out the coaches and the owners (by saying he was ballin’…he was trying to force them to pay him a MJ ster contract without deserving it). He’s scum for that because those guys had his back through all the crimes he committed.

Jameis is also wildly inaccurate. Brady is the man!

So I decided to do research since I am stuck at work. 5 of the games we lost last year, we were down 2 TDs at some point. I was curious of Winston’s stats before and after that point. Here is what I found out.

Before down two touchdowns (12 or more points)
      28/59 (.475) 294 yards 1 TD and 7 INTs

After down two touchdowns
      92/157 (.586) 1084 yards 6 TDs 9 INTs

PS: It was a very painful experience reading the play by play up to that point.

• theknees

Participant

Winston’s average air yards two years ago were the most ever. When Brady ran that offense, he had more INTs than he ever had at that point in the season. Once Brady implemented his NE offense, low and behold, Tampa succeeded. Winston will be great in NO. It’s not your fault…

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Once Brady implemented his NE offense, low and behold,

…he still led the league in most deep passing categories.

Well, except for interceptions.

Check yo’ sheet. I be ballin!

Lolz…

• player101

Participant

I am happy for JW. Maybe his time on the bench and making league minimum has changed something.

Though, its likely he is the same dude. Good luck making the playoffs.

• m_j

Participant

I kinda like this decission :-)

• seekpar

Participant

I don’t think Lameis Jameis wINsTon sucks because he’s black. He sucks because he sucks.

He held this franchise back for five years with his mediocre play, and made more money than most of us will make in our lifetimes. Good for him that he has another chance, but don’t expect me to pull for him at all.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Knees, just surrender your bucs card and go root for the Saints.

Why even try to hide your love affair anymore?

• Greattimes

Participant

Winston’s average air yards two years ago were the most ever. When Brady ran that offense, he had more INTs than he ever had at that point in the season. Once Brady implemented his NE offense, low and behold, Tampa succeeded. Winston will be great in NO. It’s not your fault…

Air yards? Is that anything like air balls in basketball? Jamies sure had a lot of air balls overthrowing his receivers only to have defenders come up with INT’s and pick 6’s.

• BucBalla85

Participant

It will be interesting to follow how he does. Obviously hope he doesnt do well against Tampa. I wouldn’t be upset if he does well though. Good to see a turn around story. However the only thing that is weird is the obsession with him. Don’t get it. The Winston experiment didn’t work in Tampa. Get over it!

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

However the only thing that is weird is the obsession with him. Don’t get it.

Nothing more than the Doak Dorks butthurt over Brady coming in and showing this franchise what a real gamer and leader can do.

They’re closet Saints fans now.

I feel bad for them.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Rees called Jameis “taint” in a quick slip, as he fumbled for his name. But Taint sounds about right

Fuck the Saints.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Congrats to Winston being the starter for the Saints. We get to see them twice this year, at the very least. This is probably the only reason why we should talk about Winston, as a scouting reason for us. If we can apply pressure on Winston early, then he’ll be seeing ghosts. Also, Winston can’t help, but to play hero ball. That means if he’s being flushed out of the pocket and knows he’d rather throw the ball than run, then our DB’s should stay put for a bad decision to put the ball into play than to either eat the yard loss or run for a few positive yards.

If Winston’s game changes, then we’ll have to revisit our scouting of him and the Saints.

Anyhow, I’m more focused on getting a second consecutive Lombardi. A second Lombardi >>>>> Winston winning a starting QB position.

• kenntak

Participant

I think we play the Saints in week 8, so we will have plenty of tape on Winston. If the Bucs can handle Mahomes, they should be able to handle Winston. What the Bucs need to do is get a lead, create a lot of pressure, confuse Winston with different looks, and make Winston try to be a hero. That’s when Winston makes crucial mistakes.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by kenntak.

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.