Viewing 72 reply threads

• Author

• Pepsi

Participant

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/7/31/9078849/jameis-winston-is-the-starting-quarterback-says-lovie-smithThis isnt a thread topic yet.Well BP1.. any comments?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I am shocked.  Is this true?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

doubt it.. still waiting on Schefter to confirm. Idk if ill believe it even then. Sounds like a smoke screen

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the worst kept secret in all of professional sports!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yea i thought he was named the starter even before the season ended. but hey, its still nice to hear the words officially

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/7/31/9078849/jameis-winston-is-the-starting-quarterback-says-lovie-smithThis isnt a thread topic yet.Well BP1.. any comments?

cartoon-hair-on-fire.jpg

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

doubt it.. still waiting on Schefter to confirm. Idk if ill believe it even then. Sounds like a smoke screen

LOL  I think he was penciled in as the starter on draft day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a feeling he was penciled in when Lovie decided to fold against the 'aints last year. I'll laugh if in 5 years or so, somebody leaks that the Bucs lured Winston to come out, forgo baseball, etc. prior to Winston declaring for the draft

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

exploding_head_.jpg

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I have a feeling he was penciled in when Lovie decided to fold against the 'aints last year.

Good point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a feeling he was penciled in when Lovie decided to fold against the 'aints last year.

Allegedly...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yea i thought he was named the starter even before the season ended. but hey, its still nice to hear the words officially

Winston was named starter when McCown was named Commander in Chief of #TankNation!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Allegedly...

Ah yes, I forgot, "allegedly" :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was as predictable as the OC disappearing after preseason game 3…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a0a6d899502d6313d9383d025eeeb6efcf48062b2e2b94922da446a0537b6b01.jpg

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Hurry somebody call 911 and send them to BP1's house--heard the girl just went into cardiac arrest  Poor girl-- reality burst her bubble.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Apparently is now official. PR has a yellow banner up on the home page that proclaims the fact. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was as predictable as the OC disappearing after preseason game 3...

or the Bucs cutting Revis?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

That BP guy will be pissed. But he will get over it after a few Winston wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...a mistake they'll never make again...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...a mistake they'll never make again...

who knows, L&L could get fired, the glazers bring back dom, he signs Revis to a series of $20 million one year deals . . . . . .the glazrs bring back L&Loh, it could happen!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston was named starter when McCown was named Commander in Chief of #TankNation!!

Wait, I thought McCown was brought back in because he gave the Bucs a better chance to win than Glennon....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait, I thought McCown was brought back in because he gave the Bucs a better chance to win than Glennon....

We did win......we won the #1 pick!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We did win......we won the #1 pick!!

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless you think Glennon was really a #1 overall pick who wrongly dropped to the third round (i.e., the entire NFL has been wrong about him, and you alone are right) . . . whats the argument that it would be GOOD for the Bucs to have Glennon win the starters role over their #1 overall pick? That's the part that makes no sense about all of the "Glennon should be the starter" disucssions . .  unless you're a glennon fan OVER being a bucs fan.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

And for this I will always be thankful to McCown

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless you think Glennon was really a #1 overall pick who wrongly dropped to the third round (i.e., the entire NFL has been wrong about him, and you alone are right) . . . whats the argument that it would be GOOD for the Bucs to have Glennon win the starters role over their #1 overall pick? That's the part that makes no sense about all of the "Glennon should be the starter" disucssions . .  unless you're a glennon fan OVER being a bucs fan.

I don't recall ever saying he should be the starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yeah, wasnt directed at you specifically. I thought you just wanted the competition.I wonder when andrew Luck was named starter?  didnt they have Stanton and wasnt he a 2nd or 3rd round pick?  I dont know, but do you think Stanton had much of a chance to start?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you think the colts fans hoped for Stanton to start over Luck?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I believe league wide there is no more proven tank method than signing and starting McCown. The man is an idiot savant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you actually think that's what Buc fans are hoping for? Maybe I missed it, but where is anyone saying, "I sure hope Glennon beats out Winston"?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dud3e has a serious following now....He's a rock star with groupies and everything, just no band, :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you actually think that's what Buc fans are hoping for? Maybe I missed it, but where is anyone saying, "I sure hope Glennon beats out Winston"?

Nobody, in their right mind, is gonna say that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

An interesting article on the topic from Luck and RGIII’s year:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82906ade/article/the-starting-job-hand-it-to-rookie-qbs-or-make-em-earn-itPersonally, I feel like it would be farce for the team to pretend that Winston won't be starting.  As far as I'm concerned, it wouldn't send a "we're going to make you earn your spot" message.  It would send a "we're willing to waste everyone's time with useless theater that isn't going to actually fool anyone" message.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, I see your comments as more distrust of Winston and BP1 qualified her support, maybe CJ?On second thought, CJ is more about L&L hate

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, I see your comments as more distrust of Winston and BP1 qualified her support, maybe CJ?On second thought, CJ is more about L&L hate

I'm about the Bucs getting better as a team.  Life's too short to keep going backwards...ducksdagger.0.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Apparently is now official. PR has a yellow banner up on the home page that proclaims the fact. :)

Yeah but PR is biased :)

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Tennessee anointed Mariota as their starter yesterday–why shouldn’t we do the same unless OBP is afraid of hurting BP1’s feelings. Heard she has filed assault charges–the report says: Reality kicked her door down and slapped her upside the head.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm about the Bucs getting better as a team.  Life's too short to keep going backwards...ducksdagger.0.gif

That's what I said, just more direct.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How could anyone think mister one yard short would start over the number one pick? Why would anyone want him to start?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=200 height=200]https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11813250_10104380804739032_5800714130874731859_n.jpg?oh=e80ec0cfd078ff308b3b5831325cc713&oe=56475701[/img]Nothing inspirational in that pic!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=200 height=200]https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11813250_10104380804739032_5800714130874731859_n.jpg?oh=e80ec0cfd078ff308b3b5831325cc713&oe=56475701[/img]Nothing inspirational in that pic!!

Getting some tacos for Jameis!! Good job Mikey.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does this mean we don’t have to listen on and on and on and on and on about the lack of a veteran presence all freaking season when Jameis has a bad game or two?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Does this mean we don't have to listen on and on and on and on and on about the lack of a veteran presence all freaking season when Jameis has a bad game or two?

No.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Put up time!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

just listened to Lovie’s presser….surprised that he admitted that Winston has already known he was the guy. I mean we all knew it…..but to give Glennon and his crew a false sense of hope ain’t kool.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

just listened to Lovie's presser....surprised that he admitted that Winston has already known he was the guy. I mean we all knew it.....but to give Glennon and his crew a false sense of hope ain't kool.

False sense of hope?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

just listened to Lovie's presser....surprised that he admitted that Winston has already known he was the guy. I mean we all knew it.....but to give Glennon and his crew a false sense of hope ain't kool.

False sense of hope?

absolutely.....have you missed BP's posts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

False sense of hope?

The ones that stated she wanted the best player to start via a QB competition?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

False sense of hope?

no, the one's that stated Glennon WOULD start.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

It sounded like he was saying Winston was just recently told this.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Also, did Glennon work out with any of the WR during the break?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

False sense of hope?

Then, she's the only one who has made that claim to my knowledge.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

False sense of hope?

Then, she's the only one who has made that claim to my knowledge.

well most of us knew better!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes he did. Glennon and Russell Shepard and Robert Herron all got together and practiced their bench sitting skills.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

well most of us knew better!!

Well, in all fairness, I think she was referring to Week One.I thought that they'd split reps and that there would be a competition. But, clearly that's not the case. Either way, it really wasn't the point that I've been trying to make the last several days.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Yes he did. Glennon and Russell Shepard and Robert Herron all got together and practiced their bench sitting skills.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanting the best player to play QB = Wanting Glennon to startGotta love the Red Board, sigh.I don't mind Winston being "named" the starter right now. What I'll have an issue with is the refusal to replace him (temporarily) if he is noticeably struggling.Also, how well did off-season QB/WR workouts pay off for Freeman? McCown?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanting the best player to play QB = Wanting Glennon to startGotta love the Red Board, sigh.

True story...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was never a grain of doubt that Winston would be the starter. That was just crazy talk by delusional people.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was never a grain of doubt that Winston would be the starter.

none, zilch, nada!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Might as well.  Naming guys who have little or no starting experience as starters without a competition has worked out really well for these guys so far.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Might as well.  Naming guys who have little or no starting experience as starters without a competition has worked out really well for these guys so far.

Yep!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

STOP, STOP! BP1’S ALREADY DEAD.

Please wait…

• jgrable1

Participant

Jameis was a better quarterback as a college freshman than Mike Glennon is as a 3rd year pro.Sitting Winston on the bench instead of developing him while Mr. Neck dinks and dunks us to losses, makes absolutely no sense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis was a better quarterback as a college freshman than Mike Glennon is as a 3rd year pro.

Some of the posts on here sometimes just amaze me . ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis was a better quarterback as a college freshman than Mike Glennon is as a 3rd year pro.Sitting Winston on the bench instead of developing him while Mr. Neck dinks and dunks us to losses, makes absolutely no sense.

I asked for a competition.  If you feel that leads Winston to the bench then that's on you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I asked for a competition.  If you feel that leads Winston to the bench then that's on you.

You got what you asked for.  They competed through the off season, and a winner was clearly established.  I, for one, am glad now that we didn't just hand the job to Jameis.  Personally, I wanted him named starter on draft night to focus 100% of our energies on him.  Not disappointed any more though, that we made him earn it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What percentage of those posters upset about Lovie naming Winston the starter now were also Winston critics pre-draft?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis was a better quarterback as a college freshman than Mike Glennon is as a 3rd year pro.

Some of the posts on here sometimes just amaze me . ;D

*bumpThere are some great posts on this thread. The one above by Louis Carter will go down in history as one of the classics.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wanting the best player to play QB = Wanting Glennon to startGotta love the Red Board, sigh.I don't mind Winston being "named" the starter right now. What I'll have an issue with is the refusal to replace him (temporarily) if he is noticeably struggling.Also, how well did off-season QB/WR workouts pay off for Freeman? McCown?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It will get interesting if he continues to struggle after a few more games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was never a grain of doubt that Winston would be the starter.

none, zilch, nada!!

Let me be the first in congratulating.  :)Just busting your chops, my man.  ;D

Please wait…

Viewing 72 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.