Viewing 1 reply thread

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Bucs’ Winston quietly tries to put off-field issues behind him mute_zpsavomqjei.pngJameis Winston has always exhibited an outgoing personality, but a series of off-field incidents and the rise of social media has prompted him to hit the mute button. JASON BEHNKEN/STAFF By Ira Kaufman | Tribune Staff Published: August 13, 2015 TAMPA — Somewhere between Tallahassee and Tampa, Jameis Winston learned to cherish the sounds of silence. The rookie quarterback of the Buccaneers has always exhibited an outgoing personality, quick to engage others and make his voice heard. But a series of off-field incidents and the rise of social media has prompted the former Florida State standout to hit the mute button. “I always knew I was mentally strong, but one thing I never thought I could be is quiet,’’ Winston said before Thursday’s practice at One Buc Place. ”I always was an outspoken person and always believed that I had to defend myself ... I had to say something. “But I’ve learned to just let stuff slide. You have to learn that because you can say anything and people can twist it and take it the wrong way. I’d rather not put myself in that situation.’’ Facing a civil lawsuit alleging sexual battery in 2012, Winston said he is “100 percent football at all times,’’ adding he has remained focused on being an effective leader for a franchise pining for relevance. “That’s easy because everything that goes on in my life is around football,’’ he said. ”Tampa is a small big town. It’s a small town that’s big in it’s own way. Everyone knows each other. My job is not to embarrass this organization, family or teammates.’’ ikaufman@tampatrib.com (813) 259-7833 Twitter: @IKaufmanTBO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FTITP if they dont agree!

Please wait…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.