Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/winston-report-822-solid-final-camp-practice-for-rookie-qb/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Over 80 percent makes you bias. Be careful.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Just like the INT’s in TC didn’t mean a whole lot, neither does this. Sounds great. Let’s see it Monday. *I'm a Winston supporter, but TC passing % doesn't mean much tbh. It's better than going 9/19, but it's practice.

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Just like the INT's in TC didn't mean a whole lot, neither does this. Sounds great. Let's see it Monday. *I'm a Winston supporter, but TC passing % doesn't mean much tbh. It's better than going 9/19, but it's practice.

What people fail to realize is that you more then likely will not see that in a preseason game from Winston at this time in the season. That 82% is based upon use of the entire installed offense up to this point. If they have installed 90% they probably only show 10% of that in preseason games. Furthermore, if they were smart, they would not show much of Winstons strengths for the entire league to see for a preseason game, allowing the Titans to prepare and everyone else. I would imagine we see fraction of what Dirk wants to accomplish scheme wise and play call wise. Let people judge him but you will not see the real offense and Jameis until game 1 and that's how it should be, Rookie or not. It sounds like he is progressing in practice significantly based upon numbers and early reports which is one of the things you can actually hang your hat on...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just like the INT's in TC didn't mean a whole lot, neither does this. Sounds great. Let's see it Monday. *I'm a Winston supporter, but TC passing % doesn't mean much tbh. It's better than going 9/19, but it's practice.

What people fail to realize is that you more then likely will not see that in a preseason game from Winston at this time in the season. That 82% is based upon use of the entire installed offense up to this point. If they have installed 90% they probably only show 10% of that in preseason games. Furthermore, if they were smart, they would not show much of Winstons strengths for the entire league to see for a preseason game, allowing the Titans to prepare and everyone else. I would imagine we see fraction of what Dirk wants to accomplish scheme wise and play call wise. Let people judge him but you will not see the real offense and Jameis until game 1 and that's how it should be, Rookie or not. It sounds like he is progressing in practice significantly based upon numbers and early reports which is one of the things you can actually hang your hat on...

BINGO

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Nice. Now explain how only using 10% of the playbook makes Winston throw high/behind/too low to his receivers. Once you explain that to me I'll understand how 9/19 in the preseason really can be blamed on a small playbook. Also, the opposing defense isn't using their entire playbook either. Just saying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/winston-report-822-solid-final-camp-practice-for-rookie-qb/

It's practice bro. Fuckin practice. Let's save the adulation for a game, when it actually means something.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doesn’t every QB in the league have 82% accuracy when throwing against our defense?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds about the same as opposing QB’s numbers on Sunday’s…

Please wait…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.