Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/winston-report-rookie-qb-struggles-as-browns-beat-bucs/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A D?That was an F if there ever was one.  Not sure how you can justify the D.He hasn't even completed 50% of his passes.  He does not look ready for the regular season, IMHO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There were a few nice passes in there, but I’d say a D- at best.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

A D?That was an F if there ever was one.  Not sure how you can justify the D.He hasn't even completed 50% of his passes.  He does not look ready for the regular season, IMHO.

I could see a "D", primarily based upon laying some of the blame on the O-Line. If they are getting through on almost every play, no QB is going to stand up to that.I'm not making an excuse for some poor plays / choices, just spreading a bit of the blame to the group who's supposed to give him the time to make the plays.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

D must be on a FSU grading curve.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston was awful tonight. He most definitely doesn’t look ready. Way too inconsistent and we’re seeing some awful accuracy and so far he’s not showing that much to be encouraged about.Once again, this is still a 2-14 team until proven otherwise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m really curious what people expect with this line and lack of quick hit receivers since Tim Wright appears to be in the doghouse.Winston sucked but it's not like he's sitting in a clean pocket making awful plays consistently. D seems fine, especially since he did deliver a strike on the scoring and we should've had 10 points when he exited. That's a D effort, no an F.... not that it really matters, he was bad regardless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Neither does the ol anom. Im not what you would call a winston supporter either, im just calling it like i see it.And almost all of us knew before he was drafted that his play could be wishywashy at times. Personally, im hoping its just a combination of gettiing the playbook down, using PS to practice that, new bodies getting used to eachother, obviously the ol, and a little bit of happy feet.Also, its PS, it still means nothing. Start worrying after game one, if anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no way Winston can be judged fairly playing behind this poor excuse of an O-line.  This line is dangerously bad.  I stand by my words that Winston will be on IR by Game 4.  The Browns blitz exposed the O-line big time.  Any team on the Bucs schedule who has that film will blitz as the Browns did.  I don’t think we’ll get a good take on Winston’s capabilities until the Bucs field a real NFL 0-line. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no way Winston can be judged fairly playing behind this poor excuse of an O-line.  This line is dangerously bad.  I stand by my words that Winston will be on IR by Game 4.  The Browns blitz exposed the O-line big time.  Any team on the Bucs schedule who has that film will blitz as the Browns did.  I don't think we'll get a good take on Winston's capabilities until the Bucs field a real NFL 0-line.

0-line is about right, lol…

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Most don’t realize but Winston having early problems will mean he will have success sooner then later imo. They have turned the offense loose and they shouldn’t for the sake of fan/media perception. Expect to see a game plan with a more strategized play calling for Winston. Play chess not checkers!! It’s the preseason!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully Dirk is playing then.  I remain skeptical of even Lovie’s checker skills.  We played conservative clock at the end of the first half on defense down big in a preseason game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most don't realize but Winston having early problems will mean he will have success sooner then later imo. They have turned the offense loose and they shouldn't for the sake of fan/media perception. Expect to see a game plan with a more strategized play calling for Winston. Play chess not checkers!! It's the preseason!

this is the dumbest post ever. Having early problems means he will continue to always have problems like other busts have or get better and become good. It doesnt mean that he is destined for success or Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, jamarcus russell, matt leinart and Vince young should all be superstars....Stop trying to spin this into a positive.  He has shown glimmers of being a good qb in the second game of preseason, other than that he has looked like a rookie in trouble. Glennon looked better as a rookie than he currently does

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no way Winston can be judged fairly playing behind this poor excuse of an O-line.  This line is dangerously bad.  I stand by my words that Winston will be on IR by Game 4.  The Browns blitz exposed the O-line big time.  Any team on the Bucs schedule who has that film will blitz as the Browns did.  I don't think we'll get a good take on Winston's capabilities until the Bucs field a real NFL 0-line.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most don't realize but Winston having early problems will mean he will have success sooner then later imo.

Huh?  Another shining example of slurp

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is it that every time the Bucs play a 3-4 team, they act like its the newest thing in football. Teams block the 3-4 all the time. More excuses. Lovie and War can’t scheme around a 3-4?  Koetter can’t figure it out?  Bah. Bucs simply are slow footed up front, they aren't smart, and they aren't physically dominating. They are slow, dumb weakling who are going to get Jameis absolutely thrashed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you’re partially correct Boid. For whatever reason, the Bucs offense does usually play badly against a 3-4 front compared to the 4-3 defense that the Bucs run. I think however, in this case, some criticism is undeserved.First, this was Winston's first time as an NFL quarterback facing the 3-4 defense and Cleveland did dial up a lot of blitz's. Winston has already said that he didn't make good line calls against the blitz.And if the line calls are wrong, the line is going to look bad. That's just how it is. If you get the call wrong, then someone goes unblocked or some one is dealing with two rushers when they only expected one while another blocker has nobody. When the calls are correct, all rushers should be accounted for.Cleveland had 10 practice days compared to the Buc's 3 days. I suspect some of the Buc's were still sore from the Monday night game.Winston did a poor job in recognizing that the blitz was coming. In several cases, there was a checkdown option open that he didn't take. On the coverage sack at the start of the game, he needed to have his internal clock tell him to throw the ball away.We still have two rookies on the line and another one making the line calls. Rookies are going to make mistakes and in Marpet's case, he clearly was overwhelmed by the multiple blitzes up the middle. I'm not sure he knew whom to block.If there IS a silver lining to this is now that the Bucs have seen a 3-4 team, they have tape on how they messed up the blitzes so hopefully they can learn from them before the Titan's get here. The offensive line probably isn't as bad as it looked last night, but last night should serve as a harsh lesson on what to expect from Tennessee. JMO.

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Maybe I should have explained myself and line of thinking. Appreciate the jack ass comments though as usual! He will learn from all these mistakes and every mistake he makes will make him that much closer to success as a QB. Might take a year, might not but I am glad he is making mistakes early and they are not babying him, as a matter of fact I think it’s the opposite. You can bash all you want but he will be better from this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post Nitey.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is it that every time the Bucs play a 3-4 team, they act like its the newest thing in football. Teams block the 3-4 all the time. More excuses. Lovie and War can't scheme around a 3-4?  Koetter can't figure it out?  Bah. Bucs simply are slow footed up front, they aren't smart, and they aren't physically dominating. They are slow, dumb weakling who are going to get Jameis absolutely thrashed.

pretty muchI cant fathom why the line cant figure out the 3-4after lastnight I shudder to think what JJ Watt and the Texans are going to do to us in week 3Winston played poorly lastnight but the OL sure didn't provide much help either, nor did the defense do a whole lotcomplete team failure overall in all 3 phases

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.