Viewing 46 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/winston-weve-been-studying-tennessee-for-quite-a-minute/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great!  I expect them to handle the blitzes that will be thrown at them.  Siege the day!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great!  I expect them to handle the blitzes that will be thrown at them.  Siege the day!

Bucs win 24-14

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All this talk about Tennessee. They better win that damn game.Watch them shot their load in week one and get kicked to sleep week two.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope they studied more of Pittsburgh than Tennessee since that where their new DC is from.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

good luck outsmarting Dick Le Beau and Ray Horton.  Or Ken Whisenhunt for that matter.  Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope they studied more of Pittsburgh than Tennessee since that where their new DC is from.

My sentiments exactly...BFD, you studied Tennessee. You didn't learn shit about the defense you are about to face...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two 2-14 teams from last year.  We better win or it’s gonna be a long long year for everyone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two 2-14 teams from last year.  We better win or it's gonna be a long long year for everyone.

Yes. You hate to type "must win" for opening day but as far as this year's record and fan's confidence? As far as selling the Buccaneers are improving? Yes, this is a game the Buccaneers have to win.I don't want to think of coming home after losing that game and seeing this board.The let down will be serious and almost guarantee a losing season after one game. That's not good at all for a team trying to sell tickets, not good at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All this talk about Tennessee. They better win that damn game.Watch them shot their load in week one and get kicked to sleep week two.

thats kind of what im worried about

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And BTW, pretty much ALL teams work on the first game of the season for a long time. From then on you only GET two weeks (after a bye) at the most and most of the time a week or less to prepare.Nothing new there. Both the Buccaneers and the Titans will be prepared....... or should be,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two 2-14 teams from last year.  We better win or it's gonna be a long long year for everyone.

Titans secondary is a dumpfire. J-Mac just got surgery on his groin. This game is riding high stakes on how well Winston performs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Titans secondary is a dumpfire. J-Mac just got surgery on his groin. This game is riding high stakes on how well Winston performs.

which means we have to rely on our OL being able to pass protect [vomit]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes. You hate to type "must win" for opening day but as far as this year's record and fan's confidence? As far as selling the Buccaneers are improving? Yes, this is a game the Buccaneers have to win.I don't want to think of coming home after losing that game and seeing this board.The let down will be serious and almost guarantee a losing season after one game. That's not good at all for a team trying to sell tickets, not good at all.

Let's see how good Lovie is...this is a must win for him.  He's the seasoned veteran and it is a home game.  No one can use rookie QB as an excuse as the Titans are as well.Big game for Lovie going forward.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In reality it’s one game, one quarter of one quarter of the season… 1/16th.I don't expect a barn burner,  I actually expect some troubles in execution - but hope to see some bright spots.I would think these two evenly matched teams (on paper) should put up a good fight _ not much to ask for...Favored by 3 is my guess.    maybe a little less with our kicker problems.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I DO expect to see around here is people flipping wigs positively or negatively.That's a fact.  lolol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve watched the Titans all pre-season. If the Bucs don’t beat that team on their home turf then its going to be a long…long year, folks. The Titans are TURRible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We've seen that alot. They were pumped up for the first home game and ambushed the Bengals. Next week no intensity and they got boat raced by the Browns.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And the QB being able to recognize (a) the blitz is coming and (b) where it's coming from.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We've seen that alot. They were pumped up for the first home game and ambushed the Bengals. Next week no intensity and they got boat raced by the Browns.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And the QB being able to recognize (a) the blitz is coming and (b) where it's coming from.

and the defense being able to knock down passes, force turnovers, sack the qb, and tackleweek 3 was a trainwreck of a game all around and i hope we dont see many more complete team failures like that this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly.  I believe Titans best D linemen are Orakpo and Derrick Morgan.  They have enough talent between them to wreck havoc.  I think their MLB, Zack Brown isn't a great tackler but he does have some speed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jurrell Casey NT is their best DL. He is a hand full, literally and fig. speaking.Mankins might get his ass blown back into next year if he doesn't bring his A game. In all, this will be a very similar game to the Jets game a couple of years ago. UGLY

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's see how good Lovie is...this is a must win for him.  He's the seasoned veteran and it is a home game.  No one can use rookie QB as an excuse as the Titans are as well.Big game for Lovie going forward.

It certainly is. Right on all counts and the thought of his being 0-9 to start off his career here as HCis putrid. Lovie has GOT to know that and his team has GOT to be ready to win. Another thing, Mariota beating the Buccaneers in HIS first game of all players? I really have to believe the Buccaneers will take this one though. HAVE TO!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I expect the Bucs to make the Tenny defense look like world beaters.  LeBeau V. Winston is not even a contest. Winston will have his head spinning, and the linemen will be a ragtag, overwhelmed group of idiots, missing assignments as delay zone blitzes come flying at them…they will jump the safety valve routes (I expect Jameis to get rattled into throwin a very easy pick 6 on a screen, or flare route…), as they will be aware that will be the result of Winston getting hit over and over and over again. Warhop and Lovie aren’t going to be able to scheme for the blitzing. It will be an ugly ugly game. I can feel it. Bucs 10 (Long bomb type score)Tenny 24Marcus will have about 40 yards rushing. They will all be scrambles for first downs, or evading sacks, making something out of nothing. The pass rush is minimal, so he will have time to sit back and pick the zone apart, as he will be aptly coached to do so. Mariota should complete about 70 percent of his passes. Nothing special, but back breaking drive extenders that wear out the defense. JUst my prediction, which I hope is wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disclaimer:  Bucs beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tennessee Defense is trash. LeBeau can only do so much. Titans will also be missing the Top CB they have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, if last week’s game is indicator of well they handle a 3-4 defense……Seriously, I don't see how any value can be seen from this statement if the team looked woefully ill-prepared to handle the 3-4. Jameis, Marpet, Smith looked completely lost out there. Not sure what they consider "studying" but if it's anything close to what the common perception is, then they are doing it wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk about you guys, but a defense that couldn’t pick off its own rookie QB all offseason hardly inspires any fear in me. I’m much more concerned about the two week stint against Houston and Carolina.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cleveland 3-4 is different from Tennessee 3-4. We saw that last year in Pitt. Even with LeBeau, that defense simply does not have the talent and that defense becomes quite stale when those blitzes start to get picked up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, if last week's game is indicator of well they handle a 3-4 defense......Seriously, I don't see how any value can be seen from this statement if the team looked woefully ill-prepared to handle the 3-4. Jameis, Marpet, Smith looked completely lost out there. Not sure what they consider "studying" but if it's anything close to what the common perception is, then they are doing it wrong.

Cleveland defense is tough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My sentiments exactly...BFD, you studied Tennessee. You didn't learn (censored) about the defense you are about to face...

If you think that they didn't study Dick LeBeau's defense in Pitt, well, you're wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, if last week's game is indicator of well they handle a 3-4 defense......Seriously, I don't see how any value can be seen from this statement if the team looked woefully ill-prepared to handle the 3-4. Jameis, Marpet, Smith looked completely lost out there. Not sure what they consider "studying" but if it's anything close to what the common perception is, then they are doing it wrong.

Was there anyone that looked good last game? As i hoped with the first game, i hope the third game was supposed to be more about learning, than winning.If they have to play a 3-4 in regular season, and they jave been practicing against one, then why not slow it down in ps?Im just trusting koetter is handling this offense, and not lovie. Because koetter might actually have a battle plan, and that might be it. Lovie would just send him out there and tell him get it right, without so much as a pad to protect him.Starting to look like that though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

bunch of nervous nellies around here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My sentiments exactly...BFD, you studied Tennessee. You didn't learn (censored) about the defense you are about to face...

Damn, I bet they didn't think of that. I hope someone over there reads the Red Board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cleveland’s defense finished 23rd in total defense a year ago. Let’s not make them out to be world beaters. Our offense only made them look that way.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

What is there to study? Mariota? Who knows how the hell he will turn out. A complete mystery right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tennessee Defense is trash. LeBeau can only do so much. Titans will also be missing the Top CB they have.

Any assurances that Evans hammy is 100%?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cleveland's defense finished 23rd in total defense a year ago. Let's not make them out to be world beaters. Our offense only made them look that way.

yeah, only 9th in PPG as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cleveland's defense finished 23rd in total defense a year ago. Let's not make them out to be world beaters. Our offense only made them look that way.

yeah, only 9th in PPG as well.

And those two preseason games before it provided plenty of experiance for guys who had never played together. Surely enough to beat a professional defense, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn, I bet they didn't think of that. I hope someone over there reads the Red Board.

I would hope they would be that smart at OBP...but I have my doubts.I will also caveat all of these discussions and say that LeBeau is not a miracle worker (as previously stated)...we only one two games last year and one of them was against his defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would hope they would be that smart at OBP...but I have my doubts.

Do you really have your doubts or are you just being a pouty pants?  My money is on the latter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you really have your doubts or are you just being a pouty pants?  My money is on the latter.

Apparently you don't understand sarcasm..."pouty pants"? Funny...if your 4 y/o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disclaimer:  Bucs beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh last year.

Glennon beat Lebeau (with Marcus Arrelius Oreo as OC).... can Winston?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No excuses to be unprepared…No excuses in 2015 for Lovie or the vets on this team. Turn this thing around ASAP

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

I expect the Bucs to make the Tenny defense look like world beaters.  LeBeau V. Winston is not even a contest. Winston will have his head spinning, and the linemen will be a ragtag, overwhelmed group of idiots, missing assignments as delay zone blitzes come flying at them...they will jump the safety valve routes (I expect Jameis to get rattled into throwin a very easy pick 6 on a screen, or flare route...), as they will be aware that will be the result of Winston getting hit over and over and over again. Warhop and Lovie aren't going to be able to scheme for the blitzing. It will be an ugly ugly game. I can feel it. Bucs 10 (Long bomb type score)Tenny 24Marcus will have about 40 yards rushing. They will all be scrambles for first downs, or evading sacks, making something out of nothing. The pass rush is minimal, so he will have time to sit back and pick the zone apart, as he will be aptly coached to do so. Mariota should complete about 70 percent of his passes. Nothing special, but back breaking drive extenders that wear out the defense. JUst my prediction, which I hope is wrong.

How much you wanna bet that when we win you will either (a) disappear or (b) act like this post doesn't exists?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You shoulda cut it off after: “How much you wanna bet?”I am pretty down on the team as I type this.  I will still take Bucs +7, let alone +14, if anyone wants to play. 

Please wait…

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.