Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 91 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its like a competition of Scarlett Johansson or Niki Taylor to bang …simply cannot lose.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Scott sure didnt take long to drop another fan boy article , did he.

• sunjem2626

Participant

It was good but not perfect like he wanted or expected.  In the post interview, he was too arrogant!  When he struggles, and he will, it’s difficult for over the top arrogant people to correct things.  Confidence is good but not when it’s too arrogant!

• Anonymous

Inactive

The propaganda machine keeps churning.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was a snoozefest… until they took out the audio guy on the sideline.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Come on. There is no way you could watch that and say the guy “shined.” Ridiculous . . .

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard it was average by my FSU friends. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

it's difficult for over the top arrogant people to correct things.

Arrogance.. (Also known as high level confidence) is a tremendously good and coveted trait in a NFL QB.Also The quote above is total BS. going to have to reference a clinical trial for me to believe that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Come on. There is no way you could watch that and say the guy "shined." Ridiculous . . .

They want him so badly. Its quite noticeable.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Come on. There is no way you could watch that and say the guy "shined." Ridiculous . . .

Saw many tweets from scouts that said his pro day was ''good, borderline GREAT'' and some also mentioned that those who watched NFL Network were subjected to hack analysis. I'll go with what those who attended and are qualified have to say.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They have quotes from Licht. Maybe he’s an idiot too, but some people thought it was outstanding. Hell the best part to me was he threw 100 balls while juking and jiving and still did well at the end.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems to be in line with these non PR articles:

2015 NFL Draft: Jameis Winston seals No. 1 pick with strong pro dayBy Rob Ranghttp://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25130385/nfl-draft-jameis-winston-seals-up-no-1-pick-with-strong-pro-dayJason Licht gushes about Jameis Winston’s Pro Day workouthttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/31/jason-licht-gushes-about-jameis-winstons-pro-day-workout/Jets check out Jameis Winston's impressive pro dayhttp://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/75793/jets-check-out-jameis-winstons-impressive-pro-dayWinston impresses at pro dayhttp://www.tsn.ca/winston-impresses-at-pro-day-1.244849

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.tsn.ca/winston-impresses-at-pro-day-1.244849Picking first and with no fear of tipping their hand, Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM Jason Licht seemed to confirm speculation the Bucs plan to take Winston to start the draft.“Very good. Excellent. Had a great day,” Licht told JoeBucsFan.com.  “This was outstanding.  He threw a full nine innings.”

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.tsn.ca/winston-impresses-at-pro-day-1.244849Picking first and with no fear of tipping their hand, Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM Jason Licht seemed to confirm speculation the Bucs plan to take Winston to start the draft.“Very good. Excellent. Had a great day,” Licht told JoeBucsFan.com.  “This was outstanding.  He threw a full nine innings.”

How the hell is that any sort of conformation!?Sh1t, lovie said more about Glennon.. ::)

• Anonymous

Inactive

...back to baseball...

• Anonymous

Inactive

...back to baseball...

I LOL'dLicht just trying to relate with his new employee.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How the hell is that any sort of conformation!?Sh1t, lovie said more about Glennon.. ::)

My only point with this was to the poster above saying PR was blowing smoke. Even our GM called the workout 'outstanding'.

• donsgift

Participant

Lol I think we will go with NFL personnel over you red board scouts. The man threw 100+ passes and 9 hit the ground with 5 drops. Dude did more than anyone could ask and showed out. NFL people saying he did great.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve acknowledged before that Jameis certainly doesn’t act like some immature person; but, this was the best interview I’ve seen yet.  Of course, coach Smith and g.m. Licht have had lots more time with him.I got onto some guy, on twitter, about Jameis saying "I am the best"; but, now, it's, "I want to be the best"; there's a difference, and I hope Jameis embraces the difference.There's a lot in there, but Jameis addressing the issue of ints, he seemed to explain that he was experimenting.  I have no problem with failing when you're experimenting; you can't learn without failing. I hope those ints were about him willing to try new things.  And of course, he made his halftime adjustments.- Jets sound like they might like to give up the farm for Winston  . . . could prove interesting.  But, what do they have?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard it was average by my FSU friends.

It was average and so was Mariota's. i dont have much in the way of expectations for pro days. as long as the player can spin the ball and look like he has form then its finea workout doesnt override years of actual game film. Winston had some off throws and some great throws. Mariota had some off throws and some great throwswhen youre throwing against air its hard to look amazing. i expect the QB to make the throws, there isnt a defender there

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was good but not perfect like he wanted or expected.  In the post interview, he was too arrogant!  When he struggles, and he will, it's difficult for over the top arrogant people to correct things.  Confidence is good but not when it's too arrogant!

arrogance in an NFL QB isnt neccessarily a bad thing. it takes a degree of arrogance to be a Type 1 Alpha and thats what a QB should beyou have to walk a fine line with it but it is a neccessary thing. you have to be a bit arrogant to believe you can zip a ball 2 inches over a DB into your WR's hands in tight coverage

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow Winston has man boobs lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched it and agree he looked very, very good. The kid throws a beautiful ball. Great anticipation and touch. The ball is so catchable Michael Clayton could have caught it. I’m no “expert” but I really don’t think you have to be to agree he has all the tools. He’ll be the Buccaneers pick at 1 so get used to it!

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was good but not perfect like he wanted or expected.  In the post interview, he was too arrogant!  When he struggles, and he will, it's difficult for over the top arrogant people to correct things.  Confidence is good but not when it's too arrogant!

arrogance in an NFL QB isnt neccessarily a bad thing. it takes a degree of arrogance to be a Type 1 Alpha and thats what a QB should beyou have to walk a fine line with it but it is a neccessary thing. you have to be a bit arrogant to believe you can zip a ball 2 inches over a DB into your WR's hands in tight coverage

He certainly blurs lines in the arrogance confidence thing. Although twitter does.him no favors.

• mike25315

Participant

The propaganda machine keeps churning.

Just curious---but what propaganda and who is driving the machine?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why wouldnt they? Bucs have sucked at QB for forever and now theyre about to get one who can become a top 5 NFL QB one day. If they werent actively campaigning for that Id be pissed. Some of you guys are unreal.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why wouldnt they? Bucs have sucked at QB for forever and now theyre about to get one who can become a top 5 NFL QB one day. If they werent actively campaigning for that Id be pissed. Some of you guys are unreal.

Yup, unreal... Like "you want to go out and draft a troubled qb at one, after years of not having a good qb," unreal, or the version of unreal where you tell me, "winston is so perfect?"

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched it and agree he looked very, very good. The kid throws a beautiful ball. Great anticipation and touch. The ball is so catchable Michael Clayton could have caught it. I'm no "expert" but I really don't think you have to be to agree he has all the tools. He'll be the Buccaneers pick at 1 so get used to it!

Garv, I've grown so tired of saying it that i won't anymore.....those in denial with see for themselves in 30 days. #cantwait

• Anonymous

Inactive

tonight the NFL has a special dedicated to Winston for god’s sakeAnyone who keeps hoping and praying that the Bucs aren't taking Winston, on April 30th around 8:10pm EST can join ufojoe on the space ship to find the 2nd woman

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was nothing great about it. Remember all the hype scouts leaked out after Manziel’s pro day last year ? Raving about him when no one really wanted him ?I believe the rest of the league is feeding the media propaganda,  hoping we take Winston , and we are just stupid enough to do it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jason Cole reports that questions still remain from NFL teams regarding FSU QB Jameis Winston’s maturity.    Cole has spoken to people within the league who are “scared” of Winston because “he acts like a ten-year-old.“    This has reportedly led to some questioning whether or not Winston will be able to handle the spotlight if he ends up being the No. 1 overall pick in this year’s draft.    Cole adds that even people within Winston’s camp have acknowledged the maturity concerns.    According to Cole, there are no questions regarding Winston’s athletic ability.http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-notes-jameis-winston-draft-bears-chiefs-vikings/

• Anonymous

Inactive

Draft Mariota! Winston is all in state hype!

• mjarvis1

Participant

I especially enjoyed the fluff portion of this piece.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was nothing great about it. Remember all the hype scouts leaked out after Manziel's pro day last year ? Raving about him when no one really wanted him ?I believe the rest of the league is feeding the media propaganda,  hoping we take Winston , and we are just stupid enough to do it.

Couldn't agree more.

• Anonymous

Inactive

tonight the NFL has a special dedicated to Winston for god's sakeAnyone who keeps hoping and praying that the Bucs aren't taking Winston, on April 30th around 8:10pm EST can join ufojoe on the space ship to find the 2nd woman

LOL funniest post Ive read in weeks!

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was nothing great about it. Remember all the hype scouts leaked out after Manziel's pro day last year ? Raving about him when no one really wanted him ?I believe the rest of the league is feeding the media propaganda,  hoping we take Winston , and we are just stupid enough to do it.

Couldn't agree more.

Meanwhile Mariota rumors of being picked by Atlanta, Cleveland or New Orleans. But yep, you're the smartest guy in the room.

• donsgift

Participant

Yeah it's much more likely there is an ongoing conspiracy between 31 other teams... ::)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guess we’ll all see who’s smart or not in the coming months. I suspect most will their tune. Or teams.

• Anonymous

Inactive

tonight the NFL has a special dedicated to Winston for god's sakeAnyone who keeps hoping and praying that the Bucs aren't taking Winston, on April 30th around 8:10pm EST can join ufojoe on the space ship to find the 2nd woman

i lol'dLook at Winston's interviews......does this guys attitude, body language or demeanor suggest that he's in any way concerned about this '2nd woman'? Joe needs to let this nonsense go.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jason Cole reports that questions still remain from NFL teams regarding FSU QB Jameis Winston’s maturity.    Cole has spoken to people within the league who are “scared” of Winston because “he acts like a ten-year-old.“    This has reportedly led to some questioning whether or not Winston will be able to handle the spotlight if he ends up being the No. 1 overall pick in this year’s draft.    Cole adds that even people within Winston’s camp have acknowledged the maturity concerns.    According to Cole, there are no questions regarding Winston’s athletic ability.http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-notes-jameis-winston-draft-bears-chiefs-vikings/

Jason Cole seems to be the only reporter still pounding the pavement about maturity issues and he was the one who accused the NFL of telling Winston to not attend the draft when we found out today he wants to celebrate with is grandmother who is too ill to make the trip.Starting to think Cole is after clicks vs having reliable information

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched it and agree he looked very, very good. The kid throws a beautiful ball. Great anticipation and touch. The ball is so catchable Michael Clayton could have caught it. I'm no "expert" but I really don't think you have to be one to agree he has all the tools. He'll be the Buccaneers pick at 1 so get used to it!

Garv, I've grown so tired of saying it that i won't anymore.....those in denial with see for themselves in 30 days. #cantwait

And what will they do, what WILL they do? LOL I know this, I don't care one way or the other. The Buccaneers will pick up FAR more fans than have threatened to leave or cry themselves to death after Jameis is drafted here. Even more when the wins start coming. I suppose the sobbing in disbelief will be entertaining for a day or two.....

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jason Cole seems to be the only reporter still pounding the pavement about maturity issues and he was the one who accused the NFL of telling Winston to not attend the draft when we found out today he wants to celebrate with is grandmother who is too ill to make the trip.Starting to think Cole is after clicks vs having reliable information

He was also the douche bag that kept asking Lovie about the Rape case and Winston's ''issues'' during the NFC Coaches Breakfast.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht better get used to those type of questions. Hes about to own this circus.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was also the douche bag that kept asking Lovie about the Rape case and Winston's ''issues'' during the NFC Coaches Breakfast.

He's a douche because he asks legitimate questions that Winston is scared of?

• Anonymous

Inactive

They have quotes from Licht.

Yeah, like he's going to tell you the truth.  ::)

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to know one other team that is interested in Winston. No one seems to want him but us.If we don't pick him, how far would he fall? Everyone outside the state of Florida seems to hate him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to know one other team that is interested in Winston. No one seems to want him but us.If we don't pick him, how far would he fall? Everyone outside the state of Florida seems to hate him.

Not true. Teams are assuming he is the #1 pick. So why waste their time talking about him?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht better get used to those type of questions. Hes about to own this circus.

Nope he will be too busy watching the stadium fill up again now that there is a franchise QB

• Anonymous

Inactive

oh...okay??

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to know one other team that is interested in Winston. No one seems to want him but us.

Geezus christ, dude.....all 32 teams were at his pro day today.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to know one other team that is interested in Winston. No one seems to want him but us.

Lots of other prospects there too though. They may have 10 guys drafted overall.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Florida State's pro day.

• donsgift

Participant

....man you guys make so little sense it's mindblowing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He may be from one of those whacky weed states.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched it and agree he looked very, very good. The kid throws a beautiful ball. Great anticipation and touch. The ball is so catchable Michael Clayton could have caught it. I'm no "expert" but I really don't think you have to be one to agree he has all the tools. He'll be the Buccaneers pick at 1 so get used to it!

And what will they do, what WILL they do? LOL I know this, I don't care one way or the other. The Buccaneers will pick up FAR more fans than have threatened to leave or cry themselves to death after Jameis is drafted here. Even more when the wins start coming. I suppose the sobbing in disbelief will be entertaining for a day or two.....

The Bucs will gain a few Seminole fans.. They will also lose a few, but the wins won't start, not with Winston. We will be right back here in 3 years. This kid has never had to play a game after a humiliating loss (which he will suffer many, many, many times here....

• donsgift

Participant

The Bucs will gain a few Seminole fans.. They will also lose a few, but the wins won't start, not with Winston. We will be right back here in 3 years. This kid has never had to play a game after a humiliating loss (which he will suffer many, many, many times here....

Seriously? Somehow you made the fact that he's won so many games he's never had to play after a loss a negative?This is who we have to discuss football with here? Really?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta love the confidence. Meanwhile Mariota is probably hoping, he can still be in the league in a few years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Florida State's pro day.

lol.....the crazy talk is endless

• Anonymous

Inactive

i can't even wrap my head around it anymore......and this from people i once considered intelligent posters.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta love the confidence. Meanwhile Mariota is probably hoping, he can still be in the league in a few years.

Based on what exactly?Come on bro i know you're better than that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

and Mariota?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on what exactly?Come on bro i know you're better than that.

That wishy washy persona.  I got a kick out of Winston describing Mariota, as a quiet guy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Florida State's pro day.

I just want to know why people are so defensive about the guy. I've never seen this level of loyalty/stupidity over any other draft pick. I seriously doubt some of these people would fight so hard for their own family.Its reached to that kind of level where people need to start reflecting on how they're treating other people. The candidates are fair game for anything, but this nonsense of automatically insulting people for their opinions is downright garbage.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That wishy washy persona.

It's fun watching people just make up things to criticize players about.

• Anonymous

Inactive

That wishy washy persona.

It's fun watching people just make up things to criticize players about.

You have never seen any of his interviews?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I assume either you haven’t or you think “wishy washy” means something other than what it means.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I assume either you haven't or you think "wishy washy" means something other than what it means.

Ya you're right, "quiet QB's" are all the rage these days.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I assume either you haven't or you think "wishy washy" means something other than what it means.

Do you think being quiet has anything to do with "wishy washy"?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, which would you prefer?A guy who  says at his pro day, he aims to be the best ever at the position?Or the guy who at his pro day, gets done, and ask the media guys, how did I do?

• Anonymous

Inactive

None of this is relevant to your post. You criticized him for being “wishy washy” and then posted a bunch of criticisms of him that have nothing to do with your original statement. It’s clear that you used the phrase but meant something else because you just didn’t know what it meant, but rather than just say that, you keep arguing something different than the criticism you made.What you really meant was, "Mariota is too soft-spoken for my tastes at QB."

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, which would you prefer?A guy who  says at his pro day, he aims to be the best ever at the position?Or the guy who at his pro day, gets done, and ask the media guys, how did I do?

Come on now

• Anonymous

Inactive

None of this is relevant to your post. You criticized him for being "wishy washy" and then posted a bunch of criticisms of him that have nothing to do with your original statement. It's clear that you used the phrase but meant something else because you just didn't know what it meant, but rather than just say that, you keep arguing something different than the criticism you made.What you really meant was, "Mariota is too soft-spoken for my tastes at QB."

Thanks for telling me what I meant.Asking media hacks how you did after your pro day workout, is not wishy washy? I could of used stronger words, but I was trying to be kind.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Come on now

Who gives a F what the media guys think? He is that concerned about them?

• Anonymous

Inactive

None of this is relevant to your post. You criticized him for being "wishy washy" and then posted a bunch of criticisms of him that have nothing to do with your original statement. It's clear that you used the phrase but meant something else because you just didn't know what it meant, but rather than just say that, you keep arguing something different than the criticism you made.What you really meant was, "Mariota is too soft-spoken for my tastes at QB."

Thanks for telling me what I meant.Asking media hacks how you did after your pro day workout, is not wishy washy? I could of used stronger words, but I was trying to be kind.

He couldn't be humorous right?

• Anonymous

Inactive

He couldn't be humorous right?

Marcus?  You're sayin that was a joke?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Come on now

Who gives a F what the media guys think? He is that concerned about them?

I think you're viewing that exchange with them all wrong.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for telling me what I meant.

You're welcome.

Asking media hacks how you did after your pro day workout, is not wishy washy? I could of used stronger words, but I was trying to be kind.

No, it is not "wishy washy". You literally don't know what it means and it's why you're incorrectly using it, which is why I helped you out (for which, you thanked me).

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for telling me what I meant.

You're welcome.

Asking media hacks how you did after your pro day workout, is not wishy washy? I could of used stronger words, but I was trying to be kind.

No, it is not "wishy washy". You literally don't know what it means and it's why you're incorrectly using it, which is why I helped you out (for which, you thanked me).

Ya lets argue semantics, you're good at that. Football talk, not so much.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's a douche because he asks legitimate questions that Winston is scared of?

Did you actually watch it?  Nothing like driving home your questioning and instigating a combative environment with a football coach at a breakfast junket to really say classy.  I would greatly question the legitimacy of some of his questions, but much more the way he asked pretty much all of them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Semantics? It's literally the equivalent of me saying I don't like Winston because he overthrows players too much, you disagreeing and me countering you with, "Oh so you don't think 4.9 is a slow 40 time?"We're not having football talk. We're having an "understand the language you are speaking" talk because you don't understand the words that you are using in relation to the things you are trying to communicate. Simply put, stop being a dummy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Semantics? It's literally the equivalent of me saying I don't like Winston because he overthrows players too much, you disagreeing and me countering you with, "Oh so you don't think 4.9 is a slow 40 time?"We're not having football talk. We're having an "understand the language you are speaking" talk because you don't understand the words that you are using in relation to the things you are trying to communicate. Simply put, stop being a dummy.

Dang, how did I know you would resort to name calling at some point?  Shocked.

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL, were your feelings hurt by being called a “dummy”? I don’t think anyone over the age of four considers that name calling.Besides, maybe like how you just use words without understanding their meaning, maybe I thought that "dummy" means, "Person who stubbornly won't admit when they're wrong despite it being clearly stated to them."

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL, were your feelings hurt by being called a "dummy"? I don't think anyone over the age of four considers that name calling.Besides, maybe like how you just use words without understanding their meaning, maybe I thought that "dummy" means, "Person who stubbornly won't admit when they're wrong despite it being clearly stated to them."

Check the rules.https://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1277429.0.html

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL, were your feelings hurt by being called a "dummy"? I don't think anyone over the age of four considers that name calling.Besides, maybe like how you just use words without understanding their meaning, maybe I thought that "dummy" means, "Person who stubbornly won't admit when they're wrong despite it being clearly stated to them."

What does it say on my quote? Lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Check the rules.https://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1277429.0.html

LOL, I think you're officially getting to the point where you should remove "The Anti-".

• Anonymous

Inactive

What does it say on my quote? Lol

See, this is why this forum needs a like button!

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL, I think you're officially getting to the point where you should remove "The Anti-".

Just trying to save you from another name change.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just trying to save you from another name change.

I'm trying to figure out whether this is supposed to be an insult or not, LOL.

• jgrable1

Participant

i can't even wrap my head around it anymore......and this from people i once considered intelligent posters.

Your mind won't wrap around the negativity because it's ridiculous.The naysayers are rival fans of FSU who have seen their beloved teams drubbed by Jameis the past few years.  Or perhaps they have only read the crap the media has spouted about Jameis without ever reading the reports of what really happened.  Or they are bible thumping-goody goodies who (allegedly) have never done a thing wrong in their lives.Regardless of which explanation you pick, the naysayers are narrow minded losers who are about to see Jameis Winston take the league by storm.

• Anonymous

Inactive

and Mariota?

I'm going to say this, I don't think either QB is the best player in this draft. The 3 pass rushers are better football players, but the Bucs are forced to settle here. I don't think Mariota brings the initial push of local fans, but in the long run would have more wins leading to more fans.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your mind won't wrap around the negativity because it's ridiculous.The naysayers are rival fans of FSU who have seen their beloved teams drubbed by Jameis the past few years.  Or perhaps they have only read the crap the media has spouted about Jameis without ever reading the reports of what really happened.  Or they are bible thumping-goody goodies who (allegedly) have never done a thing wrong in their lives.Regardless of which explanation you pick, the naysayers are narrow minded losers who are about to see Jameis Winston take the league by storm.

OR... some are like me and don't think he will be good in the pro's. I can absolutely prove I am no FSU hater, nor have I ever claimed to be perfect (my attempted theft of the Sinclair dinosaur in 1984 when I was 12 can attest to that), nor do I think he is a particularly bad guy. I just don't think he will be a good NFL QB.

Viewing 91 reply threads
  • The topic ‘WINSTON SHINES AT PRO DAY, SAYS HE WANTS TO BE THE BEST IN HISTORY’ is closed to new replies.