Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Jameis Winston still eager to face J.J. Watt, to dismay of one Bucs lineman4h ago  Andrew Astleford  ESPNjj%20jj_zpswejfpbwx.jpgWill J.J. Watt celebrate at Jameis Winston's expense? Scott Halleran/Getty ImagesTAMPA, Fla. -- Jameis Winston wanted J.J. Watt. He'll get his wish on Sunday in Houston."It's amazing as a true football fan to play against the best players in the game or the best players I've been seeing since I've been growing up," Winston, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' rookie quarterback, said Wednesday."I have tremendous confidence. But it's still a privilege for me just thinking like a kid, not even thinking about going against him. I'm just like, 'Wow, we get to play J.J. Watt.'"During the offseason, fresh off becoming the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, Winston said, "The player I'm most looking forward to play against has to be, probably J.J. Watt. … It's going to be a fun matchup."In a few days, Winston will find out if "fun" was the appropriate adjective to describe a showdown with the Houston Texans' disruptive defensive end. Watt, a two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year, has 60 sacks since 2011 and three through two games this season.Right tackle Gosder Cherilus, who has played against Watt five times, seemed surprised when told that Winston wanted to embrace Watt's challenge."I wish he didn't say that," Cherilus said near his locker room stall, with some laughter lifting around him.Regardless, Winston said those words. And his wait is almost over.The question remains: What will he find?"He's an elite player," Bucs offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter said of Watt. "He's at the top of his game. I'm not going to throw out any more than you already know about him. He's an excellent player. We're well aware that we need to game plan for him."That game plan will include a requirement that offensive linemen be on full alert. The Bucs have allowed seven sacks -- two fewer than the Tennessee Titans' NFL-worst total. Winston also has absorbed 11 hits."There's a lot of focus on him, rightfully so," Bucs coach Lovie Smith said of Watt. "You can say, 'Hey, it's just another player. Hey, let's just do our thing.' No, it doesn't work like that. You have to put a lot of the focus on him. … You have to do what you can to limit the opportunities that he gets. And that's tough duty. Easier said than done."Winston might find out why Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I wish he didn’t say that,” Cherilus said near his locker room stall, with some laughter lifting around him.LMAO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Respect is fine. Get a W and get out of Dodge.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Gosder gave up 2 sacks each time he played watts team back in Indy, I am not confident that he will be able to slow him down at all, I expect a lot of fans to rage at Gosder

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Gosder gave up 2 sacks each time he played watts team back in Indy, I am not confident that he will be able to slow him down at all, I expect a lot of fans to rage at Gosder

He will get plenty of help. Lovie said today, you have to plan ahead, for a guy like that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"I wish he didn't say that," Cherilus said near his locker room stall, with some laughter lifting around him.LMAO

Nothing like an agitated jj watt to ruin your day. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Expect a lot of 2 TE sets Sunday…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol rookie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t get the big deal…..except that maybe there is nothing else to talk about in regards to the game.  It’s not like Winston said anything bad about Watt, in fact I find it rather respectful. He called him the best player in the game.  Just how is that going to piss Watt off?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just take care of the football Jameis and we will win this game with defense + ST. Bucs offense is more than capable of having a 3-4 scoring drives. The Texans offense has been terrible all year, I like our chances in this one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't get the big deal.....except that maybe there is nothing else to talk about in regards to the game.  It's not like Winston said anything bad about Watt, in fact I find it rather respectful. He called him the best player in the game.  Just how is that going to piss Watt off?

From what I understand, so did JJ.Gosder was probably just trying to be funny.If anything, it was a vet move by Jameis to pour honey in the ear of the beastliest dlineman he will face as a rookie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"I wish he didn't say that," Cherilus said near his locker room stall, with some laughter lifting around him.LMAO

Nothing like an agitated jj watt to ruin your day. Lol.

Ahhhh...where is Chuck Norris when you need him...0invasion_usa_gif.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a chicken thing to say. What a difference in mentality.I liked Jameis' quote about not letting another man intimidate him during his PC. Attitude is where is starts, our team seriously lacks confidence IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cherilus was making a joke.Don't be a bunch of cry babies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cherilus was making a joke.Don't be a bunch of cry babies.

My assumption is the same, but shouldn't your beef be with the author and/or headline writer for intentionally misrepresenting Gosder's quote?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man this is deja vu of the Kenyatta-Peppers kind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is? Kenyatta was agitating Peppers and couldn't back it up. Winston was giving JJ Watt respect. The guy wants to play the best, gotta love it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is? Kenyatta was agitating Peppers and couldn't back it up. Winston was giving JJ Watt respect. The guy wants to play the best, gotta love it.

Cause NOT respecting him, is retarded..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

media trying really hard to make a story about a non-story.Jameis has respect for JJ Watt, as he should. End of story. Let's move on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will get plenty of help. Lovie said today, you have to plan ahead, for a guy like that.

Yes, but are they "Houston-ready"?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked what Jameis said. I meant Gos vs Watt is shaping up to be like 'Yatta vs Julius part deux.

Please wait…

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.