Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 164 reply threads

• Author

• dalbuc

Participant

3 picks in 14 minutes. I know they slow start and “he just wins” but dear god when you have the  mismatch in talent FSU has versus L’ville and ND that can work but he’s got to make better decisions. Can any rational people, FSU homers STFU I said rational, explain why he’s so much more of a turnover machine this season?

• mjarvis1

Participant

well he just got bailed out by a dropped catch for a 94 yard int-td… FSU miracle machine keeps on truckin’…Mariota>Winston

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will start off by saying I am an FSU fan but will be rational. For one his O-Line blows. But the main thing people say is his young receivers usually arent on the same page as Winston in the first half as he can read defenses very well and thinks a WR will break off a route a different way than they actually do. Then at half he sits down with his wr's and they seem to be on the same page after that. Take that for what its worth but I have heard that a lot.

• Anonymous

Inactive

As an FSU homer, I can honestly say Winston needs to stay in school another year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see the not on the same page thing in a game but consistently over a season?  That sounds improbable.  I didn’t see that, for example, on those 3 picks they were just awful reads or throws. He was so good last year you expect some level of regression but his play in the first halves of games seems baffling.

• mjarvis1

Participant

line seems to be creating holes in the running game… can’t be that bad

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see the not on the same page thing in a game but consistently over a season?  That sounds improbable.  I didn't see that, for example, on those 3 picks they were just awful reads or throws. He was so good last year you expect some level of regression but his play in the first halves of games seems baffling.

I didnt see it on those 3 either. Horrible start. Just letting you know things ive heard and read. The stats are so different from first to second half this year its one of the strangest things ive seen.

• Anonymous

Inactive

line seems to be creating holes in the running game... can't be that bad

I agree nice holes being opened up. But have you watched every FSU game this year?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will say, Winston made some damn good throws on that drive.

• mjarvis1

Participant

I agree nice holes being opened up. But have you watched every FSU game this year?

I'm obviously a ducks fan but I've watched about 5 games total this year. I know his line seems to have regressed this year but have you watched Mariota's line? For awhile there due to injuries we were starting 3 redshirt fresh... we got Fisher back but it looks like Grasu might be done... Mariota has so far found a way to remain efficient

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm obviously a ducks fan but I've watched about 5 games total this year. I know his line seems to have regressed this year but have you watched Mariota's line? For awhile there due to injuries we were starting 3 redshirt fresh... we got Fisher back but it looks like Grasu might be done... Mariota has so far found a way to remain efficient

I havent watched many ducks games.... 2 I think. And I actually like Mariota and would love him here. Just trying to answer the OP's question with stuff I have noticed this year thats different from last year. I would love Oregon and FSU to meet in the playoffs. Would be a great way to judge the two going head to head.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I havent watched many ducks games.... 2 I think. And I actually like Mariota and would love him here. Just trying to answer the OP's question with stuff I have noticed this year thats different from last year. I would love Oregon and FSU to meet in the playoffs. Would be a great way to judge the two going head to head.

Oregon vs fsu would be great.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will say, Winston made some damn good throws on that drive.

Winston does seem dialed in now. Hopefully it lasts

• mjarvis1

Participant

agreed, would love to see them head to head... Oregon's defense isn't quite what FSU's is but we can create turnovers... the real question would FSU in space against Oregon. Would be a fun game to watch but we are still far away from that

• Anonymous

Inactive

agreed, would love to see them head to head... Oregon's defense isn't quite what FSU's is but we can create turnovers... the real question would FSU in space against Oregon. Would be a fun game to watch but we are still far away from that

FSU in space against Oregon is my nightmare. our LBs cant play in space so unless our DL constantly hits Mariotta it would be a track meet. our safeties and CBs would get about 20 tackles a piece

• mjarvis1

Participant

well Oregon has a tendency to get stubborn on offense and play into the strength of the opposing defense… we did it against Auburn, we’ve done it against Stanford and we will most likely do it again… This is why we never win the big games but who knows, maybe this year is different? Royce Freeman may be the difference-maker…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As an FSU homer, I can honestly say Winston needs to stay in school another year.

4 INT's in this game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston showing he’s going to be mediocre against NFL caliber defenses. He’s not ready. Not sure if he ever will be.

• Anonymous

Inactive

definitely not his best showing

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very typical game for this year’s ‘Noles.  They have to have that running game to bail their QB out…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston showing he's going to be mediocre against NFL caliber defenses. He's not ready. Not sure if he ever will be.

He proved that he doesn't handle adversity very well, and is not NFL ready. Scott Reynolds made a point in one of his radio interviews that it's very concerning that Winston has never lost a game. This is because you can't see how Winston bounces back from adversity. Well today we got a sneak peak.  Even though FSU didn't lose today's game, Winston showed he does not exactly "handle adversity well."

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston showing he's going to be mediocre against NFL caliber defenses. He's not ready. Not sure if he ever will be.

He proved that he doesn't handle adversity very well, and is not NFL ready. Scott Reynolds made a point in one of his radio interviews that it's very concerning that Winston has never lost a game. This is because you can't see how Winston bounces back from adversity. Well today we got a sneak peak.  Even though FSU didn't lose today's game, Winston showed he does not exactly "handle adversity well."

I must respectfully disagree with your take. Winning a game in spite of four INTs is the definition of ‘handling adversity.’ Joe Montana had his share of games like this as did Dan Marino.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I must respectfully disagree with your take. Winning a game in spite of four INTs is the definition of 'handling adversity.' Joe Montana had his share of games like this as did Dan Marino.

Couldn't agree more!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

I must respectfully disagree with your take. Winning a game in spite of four INTs is the definition of 'handling adversity.' Joe Montana had his share of games like this as did Dan Marino.

The QB handling adversity is handing the ball to the running back to win the game now? Only in Florida State...Because it's been like that all season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The QB handling adversity is handing the ball to the running back to win the game now? Only in Florida State...Because it's been like that all season.

I’m not an FSU fan so I don’t have a dog in this hunt. IMHO he did what it took to win. Reminds me a lot of early Elway.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not an FSU fan so I don't have a dog in this hunt. IMHO he did what it took to win. Reminds me a lot of early Elway.

the running game is winning them the games. They hand the ball off in the second half  because Winston has been a turnover machine.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not an FSU fan so I don't have a dog in this hunt. IMHO he did what it took to win. Reminds me a lot of early Elway.

the running game is winning them the games. They hand the ball off in the second half  because Winston has been a turnover machine.

Certainly a lot of picks. But six wins in games decided by a td or less. A lot to analyze.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Certainly a lot of picks. But six wins in games decided by a td or less. A lot to analyze.

analyze who made the majority  of the big plays late in those games... Dalvin Cook.

• Anonymous

Inactive

After this horrible PR year created by his own immaturity, the slow starts…he is best served to get his head back on straight and go back to the NCAA. He has no buisness considering the NFL this year, IMO. He needs to stay back and learn to handle his off field crap better. He is an alleged rapist, a thief and liar, and a bullhorn for the stupid youth of today and their “viral” horseschidt. He needs one more year. And the. The Bucs shoukd draft him. We will still be a three wi. Team next year under Lovie the Fool.

• Anonymous

Inactive

After this horrible PR year created by his own immaturity, the slow starts...he is best served to get his head back on straight and go back to the NCAA. He has no buisness considering the NFL this year, IMO. He needs to stay back and learn to handle his off field crap better. He is an alleged rapist, a thief and liar, and a bullhorn for the stupid youth of today and their "viral" horseschidt. He needs one more year. And the. The Bucs shoukd draft him. We will still be a three wi. Team next year under Lovie the Fool.

Won’t happen. But I agree with three wins and Lovie being a fool.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is a bum and hes dumb definitely don’t want that dude here next year

• billym

Participant

Not the best stat line for him today, but hell, its another win.  Dude is a winner, I would take him on my team every day of the week. I disagree with you all saying he will stay in school. With all the stuff going on off the field, I would guess he has already made his mind up. He is entering the draft. I bet he can't wait to get the hell out of there.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie likes a QB who protects the ball. Winston throws too many picks to catch Lovie’s eye. Just the facts…..don’t hate.

• billym

Participant

Lovie likes a QB who protects the ball. Winston throws too many picks to catch Lovie's eye. Just the facts.....don't hate.

Well, just to be fair. One of those picks was a helluva play. It even made the sportscenter top 10 best plays of the day.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston has 2x as many INTs in this game as Mariota has all year.https://twitter.com/LukeEasterling/status/538834778334978048

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be rational here is my two cents. Losing Shelton Benjamin was a big loss lining up with Rashad Greene. Also there have been changes in the OL. Besides that the more teams win like FSU, the more harder teams study them. Its not different when the Chargers exposed the Colts offense (with Manning) when they blitzed practically every down. I think it was a playoff or week 12 game several years ago.

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be rational here is my two cents. Losing Shelton Benjamin was a big loss lining up with Rashad Greene. Also there have been changes in the OL. Besides that the more teams win like FSU, the more harder teams study them. Its not different when the Chargers exposed the Colts offense (with Manning) when they blitzed practically every down. I think it was a playoff or week 12 game several years ago.

shelton-benjamin-bio.png

• GARCIAFAN

Participant

Even though FSU didn't lose today's game, Winston showed he does not exactly "handle adversity well."

I must respectfully disagree with your take. Winning a game in spite of four INTs is the definition of 'handling adversity.'

Couldn't agree more!!!

Throwing four ints. is creating adversity, not handling it.

• Marcia

Participant

Even though FSU didn't lose today's game, Winston showed he does not exactly "handle adversity well."

I must respectfully disagree with your take. Winning a game in spite of four INTs is the definition of 'handling adversity.'

Couldn't agree more!!!

For me, it's not about the 4 picks from one game, it's about closing out games throughout his entire career.  He's a master at it.  Mariotta will be a project and whoever drafts him will be talking as much about his on the field play as we are Johnny Manziel's right now.  He is going to need too much time to develop to take early.  He's a third rd. QB that will be taken early by a franchise that doesn't know quite what it is doing.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve generally thought Winston was really good but in this game I saw a lot of lazy reads and lazy footwork and him just trusting his arm to make stupid throws.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Couldn't agree more!!!

For me, it's not about the 4 picks from one game, it's about closing out games throughout his entire career.  He's a master at it.  Mariotta will be a project and whoever drafts him will be talking as much about his on the field play as we are Johnny Manziel's right now.  He is going to need too much time to develop to take early.  He's a third rd. QB that will be taken early by a franchise that doesn't know quite what it is doing.

Sure

• Marcia

Participant

Couldn't agree more!!!

Sure

So I can pin you down as one that thinks Mariota will be a huge success in the NFL?  Let me guess, you were a Manziel guy last off season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m an FSU alum and I’m about to go “there”:Jameis Winston reminds me so much of Josh Freeman its crazy. Whoever talked about how much they lean on the run game late in games is exactly right.The completely BONEHEADED throws and plays he makes, the glazed over deer in the headlights look he sometimes gets.  Turning around the wrong way to hand the ball off late in the game against your rival.  Are you kidding me?  This guy is Freezus second coming and I'm surprised nobody else here is saying it.  I know its an ugly thought and he may end up being our quarterback next may - and I know ya'll want a savior, but spit the kool-aid out.  He's sloppy and will regularly give NFL games away.If it wasn't for, #1 Jimbo's coaching, #2 the clutch Noles defense that actually closes games out - and if it wasn't for guys like Rashad Greene and the Golden Cub running excellent routes and Dalvin Cook and Karlos Williams running the ball - this team wouldn't be going anywhere.  If Jameis Winston was on this exact Bucs team, the team would still end up 2-14.  He just flat out makes too many boneheaded plays that, in the NFL, you can't win games with.  Just like Josh Freeman.  Sure there were moments of absolute brilliance, but ITS ALWAYS followed up by bone headed moves.  That comes from a lack of fundamentals and a big bodied, athletic guy just leaning on his god given talents and his surrounding cast.  That can't work in the NFL.  He should stay in school another year because his game maturity just isn't there

• Anonymous

Inactive

Couldn't agree more!!!

lol Mariota a 3rd round talent, ok.I think if anything, he will do well in his first year just scrambling around and finding wide open guys, but then once defenses study up on him, he will turn into an RG3 or Kaepernick unless he develops his passing skills. I think he's better than Kaepernick already coming out of college, but he's still going to have to do a lot of work to become as good as a Russell Wilson, and a very long way to go before becoming Aaron Rodgers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Couldn't agree more!!!

Sure

So I can pin you down as one that thinks Mariota will be a huge success in the NFL?  Let me guess, you were a Manziel guy last off season.

No just pin me down as someone who thinks you're being idiotic... and no I wasn't a Manziel guy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw the first 3 picks, missed the 4th and I’ll go with FRG that it looked lazy. Has he bought too much of his own hype or has he just gotten tired of the off the field stuff so he’s shutting down and disinterested?  Frankly both of those options scare me a lot off the Freeman experience. I saw that in 120 NCAA D1 programs there are 4 guys with 17 picks or more so this is an uncommon level of cop auguring it up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston has the talent but he doesn’t have the head of the game….and that is the most important part of being a good NFL QB. Look at guys like RGIII, Kapernick, Newton, etc. All the physical talent in the world, but truth be told, they are not exceptional QBs. I think Winston can be a good QB but he is nowhere near ready. The best thing he can do is return to school…which he won’t. BTW...this whole "the guy is a winner" schtick is wearing thin. Tebow was a winner, Nole homers. Think about that one. Also, that isn't going to work in Tampa Bay. Dilfer and King QB'd some pretty good Buc teams and they were run out of town. You think Buc fans are going to take this type of play week-in and week-out from their QB? Ain't gonna happen.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t we already accept that type of QB play here?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven’t seen facial expressions like that since the daze of Josh Freeman.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have I missed a Buc QB that has played on a winning team lately? My point is, if winning is the only thing that matters, why did we run King and Dilfer out of town? Hell, remember the Detroit game last year? We won the game yet Buc fans were pissed because “if you take out the 85 yard TD pass”, Glennon didn’t do anything in the second half.

• billym

Participant

I'm an FSU alum and I'm about to go "there":Jameis Winston reminds me so much of Josh Freeman its crazy. Whoever talked about how much they lean on the run game late in games is exactly right.The completely BONEHEADED throws and plays he makes, the glazed over deer in the headlights look he sometimes gets.  Turning around the wrong way to hand the ball off late in the game against your rival.  Are you kidding me?  This guy is Freezus second coming and I'm surprised nobody else here is saying it.  I know its an ugly thought and he may end up being our quarterback next may - and I know ya'll want a savior, but spit the kool-aid out.  He's sloppy and will regularly give NFL games away.If it wasn't for, #1 Jimbo's coaching, #2 the clutch Noles defense that actually closes games out - and if it wasn't for guys like Rashad Greene and the Golden Cub running excellent routes and Dalvin Cook and Karlos Williams running the ball - this team wouldn't be going anywhere.  If Jameis Winston was on this exact Bucs team, the team would still end up 2-14.  He just flat out makes too many boneheaded plays that, in the NFL, you can't win games with.  Just like Josh Freeman.  Sure there were moments of absolute brilliance, but ITS ALWAYS followed up by bone headed moves.  That comes from a lack of fundamentals and a big bodied, athletic guy just leaning on his god given talents and his surrounding cast.  That can't work in the NFL.  He should stay in school another year because his game maturity just isn't there

All fair points there.  All I can counter with is, while Jimbo is a decent college coach. The coaching in the NFL is light years above him.  So the point being, if Jimbo got that much out of him, I believe good NFL coaching can take him to the next level.He is not a finished product by any means.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've generally thought Winston was really good but in this game I saw a lot of lazy reads and lazy footwork and him just trusting his arm to make stupid throws.

Agreed. His mechanics and decision making have regressed this season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I worry that he’s a guy who doesn’t and won’t put the work in because he “just wins”.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Immaturity breeds inconsistency. He needs another year, period.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston and Mariotta are both garbage. Doesn’t surprise me at all that half this board is on the shit bandwagon as usual.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston and Mariotta are both garbage. Doesn't surprise me at all that half this board is on the (censored) bandwagon as usual.

So are McCown and Glennon. Your point?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston and Mariotta are both garbage. Doesn't surprise me at all that half this board is on the (censored) bandwagon as usual.

So you think this team is better off going out of it’s way to spend more picks and money on shit?I swear to god this fan base is borderline autistic.

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you think this team is better off going out of it’s way to spend more picks and money on (censored)?I swear to god this fan base is borderline autistic.One pick on a position of need. ONE PICK. But, let's roll with the sh*tshow we have at QB next season. You're right. This fan base is retarded.

• Anonymous

Inactive

For me, it's not about the 4 picks from one game, it's about closing out games throughout his entire career.  He's a master at it. 

So we should totally go and sign Tim Tebow, right?  I mean, sure he had a sub-50% completion rate, but he also had six fourth quarter comebacks and seven game winning drives in 14 games with Denver.  He didn't just close out games in college, but even did it in the NFL.  Right?Seriously, you're making the *exact* same excuses for Winston's turnovers that the Tebow goobers made for his inability to throw the football like an NFL quarterback.  Winston obviously has more potential in that regard than Tebow ever did, but he's not going to win a lot of games in the NFL while throwing three picks in a single quarter.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston has been Freeman 2.0 this season… but in college.

• Marcia

Participant

Couldn't agree more!!!

Sure

No just pin me down as someone who thinks you're being idiotic... and no I wasn't a Manziel guy.

I've got it marked that you hate Winston.  Dont you have a Kosar poster to catch a jack to.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Couldn't agree more!!!

Sure

I've got it marked that you hate Winston.  Dont you have a Kosar poster to catch a jack to.

Hate is a strong word... i dislike Winston but would want to do well if  he's here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I worry that he's a guy who doesn't and won't put the work in because he "just wins".

Definitely something to worry about.

• Marcia

Participant

I worry that he's a guy who doesn't and won't put the work in because he "just wins".

Only, he's as hard a worker as there is on that team.  Jimbo raves about his preparation and appetite for the game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only, he's as hard a worker as there is on that team.  Jimbo raves about his preparation and appetite for the game.

But does it outweigh his appetite for crustaceans?

• mjarvis1

Participant

Jimbo has a walking erection for this kid... it's borderline creepy... He would say anything to protect his precious

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you think this team is better off going out of it's way to spend more picks and money on (censored)?I swear to god this fan base is borderline autistic.

As the father of an autistic child, I would like to say stfu. You’re a not-so borderline ass.

• Anonymous

Inactive

.I totally agree with you, but I believe there is going to be an internal hearing or some such thing at FSU regarding the accusation of sexual misconduct.  I don't think he survives that.  He is not NFL material I am convinced.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm an FSU alum and I'm about to go "there":Jameis Winston reminds me so much of Josh Freeman its crazy. Whoever talked about how much they lean on the run game late in games is exactly right.The completely BONEHEADED throws and plays he makes, the glazed over deer in the headlights look he sometimes gets.  Turning around the wrong way to hand the ball off late in the game against your rival.  Are you kidding me?  This guy is Freezus second coming and I'm surprised nobody else here is saying it.  I know its an ugly thought and he may end up being our quarterback next may - and I know ya'll want a savior, but spit the kool-aid out.  He's sloppy and will regularly give NFL games away.If it wasn't for, #1 Jimbo's coaching, #2 the clutch Noles defense that actually closes games out - and if it wasn't for guys like Rashad Greene and the Golden Cub running excellent routes and Dalvin Cook and Karlos Williams running the ball - this team wouldn't be going anywhere.  If Jameis Winston was on this exact Bucs team, the team would still end up 2-14.  He just flat out makes too many boneheaded plays that, in the NFL, you can't win games with.  Just like Josh Freeman.  Sure there were moments of absolute brilliance, but ITS ALWAYS followed up by bone headed moves.  That comes from a lack of fundamentals and a big bodied, athletic guy just leaning on his god given talents and his surrounding cast.  That can't work in the NFL.  He should stay in school another year because his game maturity just isn't there

I actually thought of Freeman a lot while watching him, too. It wasn't any particular play, but in general for the first time I thought of him more as a "thrower" than a passer. He played QB like a baseball player with his feet really far apart and with a very long windup. If he stayed in the pocket it seemed he would lock on one read and then just trust his arm to make the play. For the first time I had concern about him being able to make quick decisions. He's not like Peyton Manning or Philip Rivers who have take those short, choppy steps and have a quick delivery to get rid if the ball in a hurry.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs or anyone would be crazy to pass on Winston for Mariotta or any other QB. He is the most talented, most ready and plays in a pro offense. He has had to deal with a very inconsistent OL all season that they recently made changes too. The guy has basically been warrioring on with TWO bad ankles. He has made some bone headed throws for sure under pressure because he is confident in his ability but those throws are correctable. The tremendous pre-snap reads and the way he leads receivers and throws them open is ELITE. Mariotta’s big plays come mostly with wide open receivers from the scheme.The comparisons to Freeman are laughable because Freeman could never make the reads this guy makes or throw his receivers open. He had his worst game yesterday and still managed to make some excellent throws to his TE and Greene. Florida along with everyone else he faces shows up every week and plays as hard as they can to knock him off and he still makes plays and wins. The turnovers are correctable. I mean (censored)ing Peyton Manning went 0-4 vs Florida and looked bad doing it. Winston is that Dude even though everyone wants to hate because he makes some immature decisions and everyone is mad that he keeps winning. I would be extremely pleased and so should you all if the Bucs can land him.I dare someone to watch that tape and tell me Manning looked like a studhttp://youtu.be/fa4fkJr_NBA

• billym

Participant

The Bucs or anyone would be crazy to pass on Winston for Mariotta or any other QB. He is the most talented, most ready and plays in a pro offense. He has had to deal with a very inconsistent OL all season that they recently made changes too. The guy has basically been warrioring on with TWO bad ankles. He has made some bone headed throws for sure under pressure because he is confident in his ability but those throws are correctable. The tremendous pre-snap reads and the way he leads receivers and throws them open is ELITE. Mariotta's big plays come mostly with wide open receivers from the scheme.The comparisons to Freeman are laughable because Freeman could never make the reads this guy makes or throw his receivers open. He had his worst game yesterday and still managed to make some excellent throws to his TE and Greene. Florida along with everyone else he faces shows up every week and plays as hard as they can to knock him off and he still makes plays and wins. The turnovers are correctable. I mean (censored)ing Peyton Manning went 0-4 vs Florida and looked bad doing it. Winston is that Dude even though everyone wants to hate because he makes some immature decisions and everyone is mad that he keeps winning. I would be extremely pleased and so should you all if the Bucs can land him.I dare someone to watch that tape and tell me Manning looked like a studhttp://youtu.be/fa4fkJr_NBA

Agree.  People like to tear him apart. Its the thing to do. Hell, we have what? 6 months until the draft?  It ought to be at a fever pitch by next May.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs or anyone would be crazy to pass on Winston for Mariotta or any other QB. He is the most talented, most ready and plays in a pro offense. He has had to deal with a very inconsistent OL all season that they recently made changes too. The guy has basically been warrioring on with TWO bad ankles. He has made some bone headed throws for sure under pressure because he is confident in his ability but those throws are correctable. The tremendous pre-snap reads and the way he leads receivers and throws them open is ELITE. Mariotta's big plays come mostly with wide open receivers from the scheme.The comparisons to Freeman are laughable because Freeman could never make the reads this guy makes or throw his receivers open. He had his worst game yesterday and still managed to make some excellent throws to his TE and Greene. Florida along with everyone else he faces shows up every week and plays as hard as they can to knock him off and he still makes plays and wins. The turnovers are correctable. I mean (censored)ing Peyton Manning went 0-4 vs Florida and looked bad doing it. Winston is that Dude even though everyone wants to hate because he makes some immature decisions and everyone is mad that he keeps winning. I would be extremely pleased and so should you all if the Bucs can land him.

Is that you, Gene?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude is immature, dumb and it looks like he peaked already in college.  I don’t think FSU has played a ranked team all year, have they?

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs or anyone would be crazy to pass on Winston for Mariotta or any other QB. He is the most talented, most ready and plays in a pro offense. He has had to deal with a very inconsistent OL all season that they recently made changes too. The guy has basically been warrioring on with TWO bad ankles. He has made some bone headed throws for sure under pressure because he is confident in his ability but those throws are correctable. The tremendous pre-snap reads and the way he leads receivers and throws them open is ELITE. Mariotta's big plays come mostly with wide open receivers from the scheme.The comparisons to Freeman are laughable because Freeman could never make the reads this guy makes or throw his receivers open. He had his worst game yesterday and still managed to make some excellent throws to his TE and Greene. Florida along with everyone else he faces shows up every week and plays as hard as they can to knock him off and he still makes plays and wins. The turnovers are correctable. I mean (censored)ing Peyton Manning went 0-4 vs Florida and looked bad doing it. Winston is that Dude even though everyone wants to hate because he makes some immature decisions and everyone is mad that he keeps winning. I would be extremely pleased and so should you all if the Bucs can land him.I dare someone to watch that tape and tell me Manning looked like a studhttp://youtu.be/fa4fkJr_NBA

Agree.  People like to tear him apart. Its the thing to do. Hell, we have what? 6 months until the draft?  It ought to be at a fever pitch by next May.

Its amazing. The SEC fans criticism of Winston is way way more biased then anyone who sings his praises. Anyone who has an SEC bias cannot give a rational/valid opinion of this guy because he is the SEC’s worst nightmare. They all are waiting in angst with baited breath for HIM to lose, not FSU, and they’re is a lot of those SEC/Gator fans on this board, in Florida, and throughout the south. If you look at this objectively he is easily the top QB prospect since Luck and Mariotta is the next dual threat project. The dual threats have all failed or struggled after initial success with their LEGS. Winston has Elite pocket passer Skills and has mobility. I haven’t been on this board in months but you guys that want Marriota are nuts to me.

• Marcia

Participant

Its amazing. The SEC fans criticism of Winston is way way more biased then anyone who sings his praises. Anyone who has an SEC bias cannot give a rational/valid opinion of this guy because he is the SEC's worst nightmare. They all are waiting in angst with baited breath for HIM to lose, not FSU, and they're is a lot of those SEC/Gator fans on this board, in Florida, and throughout the south. If you look at this objectively he is easily the top QB prospect since Luck and Mariotta is the next dual threat project. The dual threats have all failed or struggled after initial success with their LEGS. Winston has Elite pocket passer Skills and has mobility. I haven't been on this board in months but you guys that want Marriota are nuts to me.

QFT

• mjarvis1

Participant

I want a QB that can throw from the pocket or on the run; who can escape pressure and make plays with his feet; who is smart and able to go through his progression; who is humbled and hard-working.Now, does this sound like Winston or Mariota?The system argument is pure crap. "Throwing to wide open receivers"... LOL... You know what I would like? A "system" that gets WRs open. Every team plays a freaking system... you think the only reason Oregon and Mariota are successful are because WRs get MAGICALLY open? Well let's bring that magic here to Tampa so I can watch us put up more than 17 points.

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL… what the hell does the SEC have to do with any of this?

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL... what the hell does the SEC have to do with any of this?

The Winston hate is 90% SEC homers who weren’t able to chant “SEC SEC SEC” since he showed up. They have all been waiting and praying for him to lose so he doesn’t win the title again and keep it from the precious SEC.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The thing is with any prospect you can pick out what they do bad – but the key is finding out what they do well that translates to the pro game and where they would fit in your scheme and organization. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Winston hate is 90% SEC homers who weren't able to chant "SEC SEC SEC" since he showed up. They have all been waiting and praying for him to lose so he doesn't win the title again and keep it from the precious SEC.

Take the tin foil hat off buddy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Winston hate is 90% SEC homers

I think you greatly underestimate how the rest of the country feels about Saint Jameis.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude is immature, dumb and it looks like he peaked already in college.  I don't think FSU has played a ranked team all year, have they?

3 of them plus Georgia Tech next week

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you greatly underestimate how the rest of the country feels about Saint Jameis.

most people that hate him really have no reason to. its the same thing as Manziel. everything they do is rehashed 100 times over in the media and blown way up and everyone just gets tired of hearing about them and decides they hate them

• Anonymous

Inactive

.  I don't think FSU has played a ranked team all year, have they?

#19 Clemson, #21 Louisville, un ranked Notre Dame.

• Anonymous

Inactive

notre dame was top 10 ranked when we played. the OP asked if we'd played any teams that were ranked

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never claimed he was a saint. In fact it’s good that he is not a saint you can’t win championships with choirboys. Jameis is a leader and he inspires those on his team because they believe in him and his ability to get it done. He talks a big game but backs it up as well and A lot of people don’t like that because they can’t talk and back it up. If he leads this lesser version of the FSU football team to the second straight title there will be no question.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he leads this lesser version of the FSU football team to the second straight title there will be no question.

Ummm...the team's been carrying him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never claimed he was a saint. In fact it's good that he is not a saint you can't win championships with choirboys. Jameis is a leader and he inspires those on his team because they believe in him and his ability to get it done. He talks a big game but backs it up as well and A lot of people don't like that because they can't talk and back it up. If he leads this lesser version of the FSU football team to the second straight title there will be no question.

Pretty much all championship QBs have been choirboys... and this year his "backing it up" is handing the ball to Dalvin Cook in the second half to bring them back after he tried his best to throw his team out of the game. This is a lesser version of FSU partly because he's been a lesser player.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he leads this lesser version of the FSU football team to the second straight title there will be no question.

Yes they caried him somewhat vs UF but dude has been absolutely money in the 2nd half this season. FSU has had a shakey defense all year and zero run game till last 3 weeks. His Oline is very inconsistent and outside of Rashad Greene no WR had any real experience….but Winston is being carried by them……right

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never claimed he was a saint. In fact it's good that he is not a saint you can't win championships with choirboys. Jameis is a leader and he inspires those on his team because they believe in him and his ability to get it done. He talks a big game but backs it up as well and A lot of people don't like that because they can't talk and back it up. If he leads this lesser version of the FSU football team to the second straight title there will be no question.

Pretty much all championship QBs have been choirboys... and this year his "backing it up" is handing the ball to Dalvin Cook in the second half to bring them back after he tried his best to throw his team out of the game. This is a lesser version of FSU partly because he's been a lesser player.

if you knew anything then you would know Dalvin cook wasn’t a factor until three weeks ago but he has been carrying the team all year right

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes they caried him somewhat vs UF but dude has been absolutely money in the 2nd half this season. FSU has had a shakey defense all year and zero run game till last 3 weeks. His Oline is very inconsistent and outside of Rashad Greene no WR had any real experience....but Winston is being carried by them......right

What games are you watching?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes they caried him somewhat vs UF but dude has been absolutely money in the 2nd half this season. FSU has had a shakey defense all year and zero run game till last 3 weeks. His Oline is very inconsistent and outside of Rashad Greene no WR had any real experience....but Winston is being carried by them......right

I’ve watched every one of his games and Dalvin Cook has only made a diff in the last three games. Winston has balled in the second half and everyone of these games except versus Florida.Cook's stats by game1 DID NOT PLAY2 CIT 13 67 13 DID NOT PLAY4 CLEM   1 3 05 @NCST 6 45 16 WAKE 4 13 07 @SYR 23 122 18 ND 12 20 09 DID NOT PLAY10 [member=14692]Lou[/member] 9 110 211 UVA   11 36 012 @MIA 7 92 213 BC 14 76 014 FLA 24    144  0

• Marcia

Participant

I've watched every one of his games and Dalvin Cook has only made a diff in the last three games. Winston has balled in the second half and everyone of these games except versus Florida.Cook's stats by game1 DID NOT PLAY2 CIT 13 67 13 DID NOT PLAY4 CLEM   1 3 05 @NCST 6 45 16 WAKE 4 13 07 @SYR 23 122 18 ND 12 20 09 DID NOT PLAY10 [member=14692]Lou[/member] 9 110 211 UVA   11 36 012 @MIA 7 92 213 BC 14 76 014 FLA 24    144  0

While it's hard to disagree with Winston in crunch time there is little doubt in my mind that if we get Cook the ball in the next three games to the tune of 20 + carries we win out.  He gashed the Gator D for more than 6.0 a carry or more than 1.5 yards a carry more than Bama got on UF earlier in the year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or… we can just be happy that the Bucs actually drafted a QB whether it be Winston or Mariota. And please lets just stop with this "Bust written all over him" garbage. You can make the argument for both QBs but either way you sound dumb doing it.

• Marcia

Participant

Mariota needs more grooming for the pro game.  Whether he busts or not will be up to the franchise that drafts him and how they handle him.  He’s not pro ready today by any stretch of the imagination.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota needs more grooming for the pro game.  Whether he busts or not will be up to the franchise that drafts him and how they handle him.  He's not pro ready today by any stretch of the imagination.

Rational people can say the same thing about Winston.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly. Both Qbs have faults and weaknesses that make them both prone to busting but they also both have strengths that can make them both great. To flat out say already one is going to bust without even factoring the team or scheme they aren't even on is just wrong. So much goes into the success and bust of a QB. Way to premature to claim anything out of either one. You can only bank on the potential of each.

• Marcia

Participant

Mariota needs more grooming for the pro game.  Whether he busts or not will be up to the franchise that drafts him and how they handle him.  He's not pro ready today by any stretch of the imagination.

My point about Winston is he already plays in a pro-style offense.  He will need to adjust to the speed of the pro game, new terminology and more sophisticated defensive schemes (although that is becoming more and more debatable) but is already suited for the pro game from a pre-snap read standpoint. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

i'd agree, most college qbs arent ready for the NFL

• Anonymous

Inactive

notre dame was top 10 ranked when we played. the OP asked if we'd played any teams that were ranked

CURRENTLY ranked lol.  Funny stuff.  Where did they end up not when you played them...that doesn't count.  Two teams on the edge of the top 25.  Cool.

• Marcia

Participant

CURRENTLY ranked lol.  Funny stuff.  Where did they end up not when you played them...that doesn't count.  Two teams on the edge of the top 25.  Cool.

Rankings are meaningless in today's CFB - they really are.  Auburn was #2 at one point I believe - now they have 4 losses because they are not very good.  Same with Texas A&M, same with Oklahoma. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

i'd agree, most college qbs arent ready for the NFL

Not true in regards to Winston. I've read that this guy could have been starting in the NFL at the age of 17. He's guaranteed to waltz through NFL defenses.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Buccaneers drafted Scott Milonovich, reincarnated in the seventh round of this year’s draft we would probably all shower him with gifts of gold and declare him the second-coming of He who is called I Am, just by virtue of the fact he is a quarterback we have not seen play on our team yet.

• mjarvis1

Participant

Winston has yet to put a complete games together this year where he was impressive from start to finish… He's done that against a pretty mediocre schedule and pulling games out that in reality should have been blowouts against the likes of NC State, ND, etc... these aren't good teams but they played Winston and FSU very well.I worry about a QB that has eaten from the golden spoon his entire career. Can he handle going 3-13 year one with a rebuilding franchise? Can he handle watching his defense choke away a game late? Can he show first quarter poise? Can he come in a play humbled behind veterans?I don't think he can at this point. To say Mariota needs work is true but Mariota HAS and WILL put in the time and energy. He is a complete class act from top to bottom.Winston has potential of course, but I absolutely HATE his escapability and mobility. He takes way too many big hits because he runs like a wounded cow and can't avoid hits... can't slide without it looking super awkward... can't make it to the sideline without taking a hit.For all the knock on Kaep this year, he is VERY durable. Mariota is light years ahead of him already.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m increasingly concerned by Winston’s play this season, but I’m not concerned one bit by this idea (Scott Reynolds’) that a guy who hasn’t lost a game will somehow be crushed by playing on a bad team.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm increasingly concerned by Winston's play this season, but I'm not concerned one bit by this idea (Scott Reynolds') that a guy who hasn't lost a game will somehow be crushed by playing on a bad team.

Yeah generally guys that go high in the draft were on winning teams so they probably hate to lose. the premise that its going to crush him to be on a bad team is ridiculous

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston has been a turnover machine… that can translate to the NFL as well.

• mjarvis1

Participant

I'm increasingly concerned by Winston's play this season, but I'm not concerned one bit by this idea (Scott Reynolds') that a guy who hasn't lost a game will somehow be crushed by playing on a bad team.

Yeah generally guys that go high in the draft were on winning teams so they probably hate to lose. the premise that its going to crush him to be on a bad team is ridiculous

well there are "winning teams" "elite teams" and "undefeated teams."... so yes, they are usually on winning teams but look at some of the last QBs to come out:Bortles, Carr x2, Stafford, Eli Manning, Rivers, Freeman, Bridgwater, RG3, Luck, Ryan, Newton, Big Ben, Flacco, Dalton, etc...none of those players outside of Newton won a championship... most of those players were on winning teams and some of them came out of nowhere like Central Florida, Delaware, Miami (OH), Fresno St etc and didn't even play in power conferences.Ryan didn't win a lot at BC. Dalton won at TCU but he wasn't prolific. Luck was close but never won it all. Mariota also comes from a successful team but my determination is based more on maturity which STEMS from being the top dog his (Winston) whole life. I don't think Newton handles losing well at all. He sulks on the sideline and has terrible body language. Just one example but still... it's basically his ego and maturity that worries me more than handling adversity

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston has been a turnover machine... that can translate to the NFL as well.

Im not a FSU guy at all. I also have no biases one way or another in regards to comparing Mariota to Winston. I also havent watched every game theyve played this year. All that being said, a lot of the interceptions ive seen Winston make were mostly things that I wouldnt be concerned about in the pros. A lot of them had nothing to do with bad accuracy, but instead were spots the he threw to that he expected or wanted the receiver to go to. a lot of them looked like Winston has placing the ball in the right spot actually. He has a rifle arm, great ball placement, is well above average at reading defense, and has the perfect amount of mobility (similar to Rodgers, Luck, and Big Ben).Mariota's game is the most intriguing because of his ability to pop off a 40 yard TD run, and his insane stats, but when I watch him play everything is too damn easy. A quick slant turns into a huge run after the catch TD, wide open players everywhere, and a system that looks nothing like what he'd be doing on the Bucs.As far as a prototypical NFL QB prospect goes, Winstons abilities are about as good as it gets. Mariota's are more of a wait and see.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im not a FSU guy at all. I also have no biases one way or another in regards to comparing Mariota to Winston. I also havent watched every game theyve played this year. All that being said, a lot of the interceptions ive seen Winston make were mostly things that I wouldnt be concerned about in the pros. A lot of them had nothing to do with bad accuracy, but instead were spots the he threw to that he expected or wanted the receiver to go to. a lot of them looked like Winston has placing the ball in the right spot actually. He has a rifle arm, great ball placement, is well above average at reading defense, and has the perfect amount of mobility (similar to Rodgers, Luck, and Big Ben).Mariota's game is the most intriguing because of his ability to pop off a 40 yard TD run, and his insane stats, but when I watch him play everything is too damn easy. A quick slant turns into a huge run after the catch TD, wide open players everywhere, and a system that looks nothing like what he'd be doing on the Bucs.As far as a prototypical NFL QB prospect goes, Winstons abilities are about as good as it gets. Mariota's are more of a wait and see.

im an FSU fan and i will give you an objective analysis on his INTs here after watching and rewatching all of our gameshes thrown 17 so far. id put about 9 100% on him for sure and the rest on receivers/badluck or i where i dont know who to blame because i dont know it its a bad throw or bad route and only the offensive coaches know what the call was.several of his INTs were caused by receivers clearly not running the right routes or giving up on them. perfect example was INT #2 against Louisvile where Rudolph quit on the route. Jimbo is really rough on the QB when they throw INT's and he directed his wrath squarely on Rudolph for blatantly quitting the route and you could also see Greene come over to him on the sideline and jump him for it as well.hes also had several balls where he put it on the receiver and they bricked it up and didnt catch it (INT against BC where he hit Greene in the hands and he bricked it). he gets dinged for the INT but its not his really fault.i will say he has made some truly awful throws this year though and you can tell hes pressing and trying to make things happen that arent here. the one big criticism i have always had of him is that he gets too greedy at times and tries to make the big play instead of the check down or the smarter play (INT against Miami right before the half). the UF game was a bit concerning and id say its the only truly bad overall game hes had in his career.

• Anonymous

Inactive

im an FSU fan and i will give you an objective analysis on his INTs here after watching and rewatching all of our gameshes thrown 17 so far. id put about 9 100% on him for sure and the rest on receivers/badluck or i where i dont know who to blame because i dont know it its a bad throw or bad route and only the offensive coaches know what the call was.several of his INTs were caused by receivers clearly not running the right routes or giving up on them. perfect example was INT #2 against Louisvile where Rudolph quit on the route. Jimbo is really rough on the QB when they throw INT's and he directed his wrath squarely on Rudolph for blatantly quitting the route and you could also see Greene come over to him on the sideline and jump him for it as well.hes also had several balls where he put it on the receiver and they bricked it up and didnt catch it (INT against BC where he hit Greene in the hands and he bricked it). he gets dinged for the INT but its not his really fault.i will say he has made some truly awful throws this year though and you can tell hes pressing and trying to make things happen that arent here. the one big criticism i have always had of him is that he gets too greedy at times and tries to make the big play instead of the check down or the smarter play (INT against Miami right before the half). the UF game was a bit concerning and id say its the only truly bad overall game hes had in his career.

He was horrible against Miami too.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He wasnt horrible. posted an above average QBR roughly 60% comp rating and 300 yards. take away that stupid INT before the half and he had an ok gameit was a C effort but not horrible. Horrible was the UF game

• Anonymous

Inactive

This last weekend was the first Gator game I wstched this year.  Really impressed by Dante Fowler.  Any chance he goes in the 2nd?

• Anonymous

Inactive

This last weekend was the first Gator game I wstched this year.  Really impressed by Dante Fowler.  Any chance he goes in the 2nd?

Doubtful. hes probably gone mid 1st

• Marcia

Participant

This UF team is loaded with future NFL stars.  Hargreaves will be a beast one day as well. 

• mjarvis1

Participant

You think Winston has the same mobility as Luck or Rodgers? There is just no way... I believe they both ran a 4.5 40. Rodgers in particular is far more athletic than people realize. Luck is in my estimation slightly slower than Rodgers but also stronger. Big Ben just doesn't go down... he is elusive in the pocket and creates when plays break down but he has ZERO speed once he crosses the LOS.Winston runs HORRIBLE. He cannot accelerate, can't get down, can't get out of bounds and due to all of this he will get lit up in the NFL.Winston has about as much mobility as Flacco.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You think Winston has the same mobility as Luck or Rodgers? There is just no way... I believe they both ran a 4.5 40. Rodgers in particular is far more athletic than people realize. Luck is in my estimation slightly slower than Rodgers but also stronger. Big Ben just doesn't go down... he is elusive in the pocket and creates when plays break down but he has ZERO speed once he crosses the LOS.Winston runs HORRIBLE. He cannot accelerate, can't get down, can't get out of bounds and due to all of this he will get lit up in the NFL.Winston has about as much mobility as Flacco.

Winston plays EXACTLY like Big Ben. go watch the UF game and you'll see him shake off a sure sack by Dante Fowler. he also made several scrambles to pick up first downs. he doesnt run like Mariotta but hes a hell of a lot better than a guy like Flaccorunning isnt a big part of his game and he takes big hits because he tries to fight for extra yardage and make it to the marker. he ran out of bounds a couple times against UF to avoid big hits so its not like he tries to bulldoze guysrunning ability is about the 6th thing i look for in a QB. Brady and Manning arent runners and i dont think youd complain about them if they were here.

• mjarvis1

Participant

Winston plays EXACTLY like Big Ben. go watch the UF game and you'll see him shake off a sure sack by Dante Fowler. he also made several scrambles to pick up first downs. he doesnt run like Mariotta but hes a hell of a lot better than a guy like Flaccorunning isnt a big part of his game and he takes big hits because he tries to fight for extra yardage and make it to the marker. he ran out of bounds a couple times against UF to avoid big hits so its not like he tries to bulldoze guysrunning ability is about the 6th thing i look for in a QB. Brady and Manning arent runners and i dont think youd complain about them if they were here.

I watched the Florida game as well... I saw him pick up some first downs where he had no business even being TOUCHED if he had any acceleration. Both times he BARELY got out of bounds but I do see your point and he did what he had to.I also saw him scramble for a sure fire first down and get tackled awkwardly with his knee brace (I believe) getting stuck in the ground... the guy hit him pretty hard and while I commend him fighting for the first down, that was probably the ugliest tackle of the game... He could have easily gotten hurt.He did avoid a few sack, I'll give him that... I see the Big Ben comparison there but Ben rarely (especially now) gets out and commits to the run. He is always looking to pass first. Flacco is a poor man's version of Roth in every way. I've seen him do all the things that Winston did vs Florida.In all likelyhood, Winston's mobility is somewhere between Ben and Flacco.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched the Florida game as well... I saw him pick up some first downs where he had no business even being TOUCHED if he had any acceleration. Both times he BARELY got out of bounds but I do see your point and he did what he had to.I also saw him scramble for a sure fire first down and get tackled awkwardly with his knee brace (I believe) getting stuck in the ground... the guy hit him pretty hard and while I commend him fighting for the first down, that was probably the ugliest tackle of the game... He could have easily gotten hurt.He did avoid a few sack, I'll give him that... I see the Big Ben comparison there but Ben rarely (especially now) gets out and commits to the run. He is always looking to pass first. Flacco is a poor man's version of Roth in every way. I've seen him do all the things that Winston did vs Florida.In all likelyhood, Winston's mobility is somewhere between Ben and Flacco.

well, a QB IS supposed to be a passer. if I wanted a guy to play QB that can run id just run the wildcat every down. im just not understanding your argument. because he isn't a great runner he wont be a good QB?im not against Mariotta but I just don't understand your reasoning here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This UF team is loaded with future NFL stars.  Hargreaves will be a beast one day as well.

The sound of chrome being sucked from a bumper…

• Anonymous

Inactive

keep going, who else are NFL stars?

• mjarvis1

Participant

well, a QB IS supposed to be a passer. if I wanted a guy to play QB that can run id just run the wildcat every down. im just not understanding your argument. because he isn't a great runner he wont be a good QB?im not against Mariotta but I just don't understand your reasoning here.

I just don't see the mobility in him that some are saying... He has Freeman-like mobility. I might be a damn good pocket passer for all I know BUT the thing with pocket passers is you HAVE TO have a solid o-line, get the ball out quickly, be able to go through progressions quickly and take a hit in order to complete a pass. It's not like pocket passers don't get injured... The only TRUE pocket passers left in the league (who don't have ANY ability to scramble) are Manning, Brady and to a lesser extent Brees.Every other QB offers enough mobility to add it to their dimensions as a QB.Winston has more mobility than Manning, Brady or Brees but it is extremely limited. He has the mobility of a Flacco, Dalton, Ben or Freeman. It isn't terrible but it simply isn't a selling point with him.I agree that he has a great touch and a feel for the game... his arm looks strong. He would def give us a much better chance to win. He is the SECOND best QB coming out. That isn't even a knock on him really... Mariota is just that good.

• Marcia

Participant

keep going, who else are NFL stars?

Brantley, Cummings, Bullard, Morrison and Tabor all have NFL potential.  You should watch them play some time.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brantley, Cummings, Bullard, Morrison and Tabor all have NFL potential.  You should watch them play some time.

brantley has never sacked the Qb, has about 5 tackles all year.  Star?Cummings has literally 3x as many penalties as sacks.  Star?  Bullard is a nice player.  Morrison?  He's regressed, he's still living off ej Manuel fame.  He could make an NFL roster, but not a star.Guys like tabor, dawson, Wilson, look to have bright futures, but those guys have about 5 starts combined.

• Marcia

Participant

brantley has never sacked the Qb, has about 5 tackles all year.  Star?Cummings has literally 3x as many penalties as sacks.  Star?  Bullard is a nice player.  Morrison?  He's regressed, he's still living off ej Manuel fame.  He could make an NFL roster, but not a star.Guys like tabor, dawson, Wilson, look to have bright futures, but those guys have about 5 starts combined.

Anyone that makes more than a million dollars a year playing a sport is a star in my book. Not everyone is going to be Derrick Brooks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Koenen star!  Michael Johnson star!  Eds star!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone that makes more than a million dollars a year playing a sport is a star in my book. Not everyone is going to be Derrick Brooks.

Well your book is stupid.

• Anonymous

Inactive

:) ;D :) ;D :) ;D

• Anonymous

Inactive

agreedCummings sucks. Morrison is terrible. made 1 play 2 years ago and has been atrocious ever since. I was laughing really hard when Herbstreit was talking up his "instincts". my Gator friends were like "WTF is he talking about"Bullard I think is a nice player and could turn into a really good player with another year of developmentHargraves is a future top 10 pick. Tabor looks like hes going to be a good one. beyond that I don't see a ton of obvious stars at UF. im sure there are some young guys that haven't played a ton yet that will emerge but no bona fide ballers

• Marcia

Participant

So who is a star in the league outside of Watt and the top 6 QBs.  It's just like the college SOS argument.  Star is a relative term. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don't see the mobility in him that some are saying... He has Freeman-like mobility. I might be a damn good pocket passer for all I know BUT the thing with pocket passers is you HAVE TO have a solid o-line, get the ball out quickly, be able to go through progressions quickly and take a hit in order to complete a pass. It's not like pocket passers don't get injured... The only TRUE pocket passers left in the league (who don't have ANY ability to scramble) are Manning, Brady and to a lesser extent Brees.Every other QB offers enough mobility to add it to their dimensions as a QB.Winston has more mobility than Manning, Brady or Brees but it is extremely limited. He has the mobility of a Flacco, Dalton, Ben or Freeman. It isn't terrible but it simply isn't a selling point with him.I agree that he has a great touch and a feel for the game... his arm looks strong. He would def give us a much better chance to win. He is the SECOND best QB coming out. That isn't even a knock on him really... Mariota is just that good.

^llllthe Oregon version of rodtoastjones. two of the biggest homers on the planet

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know how you estimated that luck is slightly slower, it's pretty clear that luck is faster than Rodgers and an even better athlete. And I have no clue how u thought they both ran 4.5sRodgers ran a 4.7 and luck ran a 4.67.And yes I believe Winston is around that but even if they have marginally better numbers it doesn't matter. What I like is Winston has the mobility to comfortably escape and roll out with around the same speed that those guys do and he has the size to shrug some guys off of him and escape. He's no russel Wilson but it would give us a QB where mobility is not an issue and if anything it'd be a strength. And he can throw on the run well. Pretty much he's like Big Ben when bens not overweight and a better prospect in terms of passing. I like mariota too but Winston is the safer prospect.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No point in even reading ANYTHING orygun Guy has to say about the Winston/mariotta debate. Clearly super biased and has duck vision. He thinks Mariotta will come into NFL and his offense will look like Oregon in college FB. Mariotta is a project.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No point in even reading ANYTHING orygun Guy has to say about the Winston/mariotta debate. Clearly super biased and has duck vision. He thinks Mariotta will come into NFL and his offense will look like Oregon in college FB. Mariotta is a project.

I agree but that's why there is no reason to read anything you write on FSU either.Someone will say Winston is playing poorly and you'll start ranting about that's because SEC bias.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree but that's why there is no reason to read anything you write on FSU either.Someone will say Winston is playing poorly and you'll start ranting about that's because SEC bias.

Truth...

• Anonymous

Inactive

rodtoast and orygun should be barred from talking about either QB. both are insufferably terrible

• Marcia

Participant

rodtoast and orygun should be barred from talking about either QB. both are insufferably terrible

OK buddy.

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK buddy.

Now Dex, that statement was never in doubt.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why? I am unbiased and am calling out the biased people. My opinion is based on watching games not looking at stats and off field bs. On the field the talent and how it translates to the NFL is by far Winston. People hating and comparing him to Free and Russell are just racists and you can see it in their comments and for some in their little hater videos in signatures.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why? I am unbiased and am calling out the biased people. My opinion is based on watching games not looking at stats and off field bs. On the field the talent and how it translates to the NFL is by far Winston. People hating and comparing him to Free and Russell are just racists and you can see it in their comments and for some in their little hater videos in signatures.

Ummm.. what?

• mjarvis1

Participant

Man, some people really are just a**holes…sitting on your cloud of judgement handing out life lessons...Bias is inherent; you cannot avoid it. I have it and so do you... I also have WATCHED Mariota play a lot more than you. A LOT. ...so call me bias, but I certainly am more informed having watched him for 3 years.BTW: it's Mariota not MarioTTa...

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK buddy.

Now Dex, that statement was never in doubt.

It's well documented...

• Marcia

Participant

Sad but true.  Many on here dont like the idea of a QB that is not white.  Others think its "message board funny"  to take small jabs at players based on their race.  It's safe to say that the social evolution of our species isn't going to excel in Lakeland, FL. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sad but true.  Many on here dont like the idea of a QB that is not white.  Others think its "message board funny"  to take small jabs at players based on their race.  It's safe to say that the social evolution of our species isn't going to excel in Lakeland, FL.

cool story bro.  I like Garrett Grayson best of all.  He throws into tight windows (unlike Mariota) and still doesn’t throw many picks (unlike Winston).  He’s also pretty good already at reading coverages.  He’s been well coached.  Throw in that he has enough in the measurable department and I think he could be a real sleeper pick.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota isn’t white. He’s Hawaiian.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota isn't white. He's Hawaiian.

its also ironic he dropped the racism card responding to Youngone, who I believe is African American.  Rodtoast is always good for a fail.

• Marcia

Participant

its also ironic he dropped the racism card responding to Youngone, who I believe is African American.  Rodtoast is always good for a fail.

Yeah, if he likes the Hurricanes - he must be black..............

• Anonymous

Inactive

i believe he has stated he is. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now it’s “They don’t want Winston because he’s black”. The argument gets more and more pathetic…

• Marcia

Participant

Now it's "They don't want Winston because he's black". The argument gets more and more pathetic...

Should be the reason they want him. Is it an argument? 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now it's "They don't want Winston because he's black". The argument gets more and more pathetic...

So, now they should want him BECAUSE he's black?! Honestly, do you think or even read over your posts before you send them?

• Marcia

Participant

So, now they should want him BECAUSE he's black?! Honestly, do you think or even read over your posts before you send them?

It's a better reason than not wanting him based on where he plays his college football like some buffoons on here.  Honestly, dont we all recognize that 38 years is too long to go without a franchise QB.  Mariota is too big of a project/risk to take in the first round.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's a better reason than not wanting him based on where he plays his college football like some buffoons on here.  Honestly, dont we all recognize that 38 years is too long to go without a franchise QB.  Mariota is too big of a project/risk to take in the first round.

Keep flip flopping. That's your M.O. and always has been. Now you've resorted to race. Stay classy, buddy. Yes, we all recognize that we've never really had a franchise QB. We knew that last season while you were propping up Glennon to ridiculous levels. Is Mariota a risk? Yes. Is Winston a risk? Yes. I'm 100% behind us drafting either one. Right now, I'm leaning towards Mariota simply because he takes care of the football WAY better than Winston. I'm not even going to touch on the off the field issues.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is hurt…plain and simple.  I’ve been to a couple of home games this season and noticed it right away.  Last year he played much better because he had better overall talent in receivers and running back, but he was mobile.  This year, he can’t move and it causes him to rush his throws.  Go back and watch the game against the Gators.  In every situation, he is trying to run or running.  Without mobility he is not very good...just average.  When healthy...he is special.  The same can be said about Mariota as well.Neither one is as good as Glennon...a pure pocket passer.  We need an offensive coordinator who can take the talent we have and create a consistent threat.  Would love to see the Bucs draft O-linemen and shop the market in the off season. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is hurt...plain and simple.  I've been to a couple of home games this season and noticed it right away.  Last year he played much better because he had better overall talent in receivers and running back, but he was mobile.  This year, he can't move and it causes him to rush his throws.  Go back and watch the game against the Gators.  In every situation, he is trying to run or running.  Without mobility he is not very good...just average.  When healthy...he is special.  The same can be said about Mariota as well.Neither one is as good as Glennon...a pure pocket passer.  We need an offensive coordinator who can take the talent we have and create a consistent threat.  Would love to see the Bucs draft O-linemen and shop the market in the off season.

Umm....no.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Neither one is as good as Glennon...a pure pocket passer.  We need an offensive coordinator who can take the talent we have and create a consistent threat.  Would love to see the Bucs draft O-linemen and shop the market in the off season.

DAFUQ??

• mjarvis1

Participant

I love the mob mentality on this board.  Cracks me up… it’s a bunch of whiny know-it-alls who have posted here for awhile and are unwelcoming toward new faces or opinions.There are a lot of friendly people on here who are rational and respectful but it just seems like for every one of them there are 10 well... jerks, for lack of a better word.The only reason my bias is being called out is because my user name has 'Oregon' in it... if I had the EXACT same opinion but with a name like 'gruden4life' it wouldn't be called into question. That in itself is called 'confirmation bias'... you already made up your mind that my opinion is uniformed and homer because that's what you want to believe.If you wanna claim I'm bias at least deconstruct my argument and my points. Otherwise you are simply full of ****No offense to all the respectful posters out there even if you agree or disagree with what I say. Aren't we all Bucs fans? Why all the animosity?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love the mob mentality on this board.  Cracks me up... it's a bunch of whiny know-it-alls who have posted here for awhile and are unwelcoming toward new faces or opinions.There are a lot of friendly people on here who are rational and respectful but it just seems like for every one of them there are 10 well... jerks, for lack of a better word.The only reason my bias is being called out is because my user name has 'Oregon' in it... if I had the EXACT same opinion but with a name like 'gruden4life' it wouldn't be called into question. That in itself is called 'confirmation bias'... you already made up your mind that my opinion is uniformed and homer because that's what you want to believe.If you wanna claim I'm bias at least deconstruct my argument and my points. Otherwise you are simply full of ****No offense to all the respectful posters out there even if you agree or disagree with what I say. Aren't we all Bucs fans? Why all the animosity?

pay no mind to RodToast.  He has his opinions and is 100% committed to them and there is no level he wont stoop to in support of said opinions.  And if it makes you feel better, he’s usually wrong.

• Anonymous

Inactive

gruden4life would be a cooler name however.

• Marcia

Participant

Keep flip flopping. That's your M.O. and always has been. Now you've resorted to race. Stay classy, buddy. Yes, we all recognize that we've never really had a franchise QB. We knew that last season while you were propping up Glennon to ridiculous levels. Is Mariota a risk? Yes. Is Winston a risk? Yes. I'm 100% behind us drafting either one. Right now, I'm leaning towards Mariota simply because he takes care of the football WAY better than Winston. I'm not even going to touch on the off the field issues.

Watch Mariota closely on Friday night against a college team (one with not many future NFL players on it) and then tell me if you want him.  Rich Rod knows how to defend him because he faces a similar offense in practice every day.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watch Mariota closely on Friday night against a college team (one with not many future NFL players on it) and then tell me if you want him.  Rich Rod knows how to defend him because he faces a similar offense in practice every day.

Will do, buddy. Let's see if he looks like the turnover factory that Winston is. And unlike you, I won't be bringing race into the QB decision.

• mjarvis1

Participant

Not many nfl defenses run a 3-3-5 like Arizona. Not many teams practice against the zone option read. Arizona is a top 10 team that is well coached and counters Oregon well.Mariota needs to bring it Friday or it will be yet another disappointing year for this Ducks fan. Gruden4life out!

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is hurt...plain and simple.  I've been to a couple of home games this season and noticed it right away.  Last year he played much better because he had better overall talent in receivers and running back, but he was mobile.  This year, he can't move and it causes him to rush his throws.  Go back and watch the game against the Gators.  In every situation, he is trying to run or running.  Without mobility he is not very good...just average.  When healthy...he is special.  The same can be said about Mariota as well.Neither one is as good as Glennon...a pure pocket passer.  We need an offensive coordinator who can take the talent we have and create a consistent threat.  Would love to see the Bucs draft O-linemen and shop the market in the off season.

lol I give you credit for trying to sneak that one by in this discussion

• Anonymous

Inactive

i believe he has stated he is.

and proud

• Marcia

Participant

Will do, buddy. Let's see if he looks like the turnover factory that Winston is. And unlike you, I won't be bringing race into the QB decision.

Unlike you, I will have an opinion on something.  Biggest puss on the board. 

Viewing 164 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.