Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 1 reply thread

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Winston visualizing a win over Titans and MariotaRick Stroud, Times Staff WriterWednesday, September 9, 2015 visual_zpsxfy6z3wi.jpgJameis Winston said while he understands the attention on the rivalry with Marcus Mariota, he's just focused on playing well.OCTAVIO JONES It's not the Run for the Roses or even the Rose Bowl, but Jameis Winston likened his previous encounters with Marcus Mariota to a pair of thoroughbreds sizing each other up in the starting gate."He's just a great guy,'' Winston said of Mariota. "We don't really talk that much. It's like two horses at the racetrack. When an Alpha sees another Alpha, they just (nod) and they go on about their business. He's just a great person and you can't take nothing away from him.''The NFL debut of Winston, the No. 1 overall pick by the Bucs, and Mariota, the No. 2 overall pick from the Titans, is the biggest storyline entering Sunday's game at Raymond James Stadium.But Winston while said he understands the attention on the rivalry with Mariota, he's just focused on playing well."That's all I do. I just focus on playing the best game,'' Winston said. "Of course, the attention and stuff is going to be on two people, but me and him both know it's about that locker room.''Winston said he already has gotten over the loss to Mariota's Oregon Ducks in the national semi-final game last Jan. in the Rose Bowl."We lost a game in the preseason, so I've been over that loss in college,'' Winston said of his only loss as a starter at Florida State. "We won our last preseason game, so that's on my mind right now. I don't stay on losses very long."I'm excited because this is a dream. Ever since  I was a little kid, I dreamed of playing college football. Now I get to play NFL football, so it's important to me.''Winston said he has visualized his first NFL start and playing well."First of all, I visualize getting a win,'' Winston said. "Just making the right decision. I don't really focus on the negative things that probably can happen. I'm like, "you know what? If those linebackers drop deep and I can't hit the dig behind them, I'm just going to take the checkdown.' I know it's going to hurt me because I know I want to make that throw in the second window. But I'm going to take the checkdown and keep the chains moving.''How big is Sunday's game to Winston?"It's huge, because it's the beginning,''  Winston said. "It's the beginning of this new season and it's the next game.''

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I hope he is being truthful about taking the checkdown over the homerun. That sounds more like Marcus.

Please wait…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.