Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 67 reply threads

• Author

• sammich

Participant

Winston-                                Glennon47 comp                                  76 comp90 att                                      130 att52.2%                                    58.5%678 yards                              722 yards4 TD                                        5 TD3 int                                        3 int12 for 41 rushing                    6 for 32 rushing1 rushing TD                          0 rushing TD1st overall                              3rd roundFactor in that Winston has better receiving talent and a better OC.  Also keep in mind that Glennon was not expected to start and did not get starter reps in the offseason while Winston has been penciled in as the starter since week 17 of last season.This should be interesting.

Please wait…

• ZMan08151992

Dude who cares? You can bring up the stats you want…but this Winston’s team now ..get use to it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That dl would have beat the sh1t out of glennon yesterday.That, or he would've thrown it away on every third down.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have nothing against the war giraffe I like him as a QB. I think Glennon could be a Joe Flacco for a team that has a good supporting cast and coaching. But you can’t pass up a talent like Winston. I think he has a higher ceiling and can be a top 10 or 5 QB in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This team doesn’t know how to develop players.Just imagine the reaction if Glennon was the one throwing those balls at NRG...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve made it no secret that I was firmly in the trade down crowd and didn’t want either QB from the draft.  I felt we already had our QB.The thing that really chaps my butt is that Glennon was a zero cost asset for the current regime- he was already on the roster.  Because this is a team sport it really isn't fair to compare Glennon to Winston because Winston cost us the first overall pick.  A fairer comparison would be Winston vs Glennon and whatever we got with that pick.  That could have been the Eagles' trade offer, one of several offers they got that we never heard about, or even just staying put and taking somebody like Fowler or Williams.And no, I'm not a hater.  I have nothing against Winston.  He looks to have a great attitude.  I just don't think he's any better than what we already had and considering the cost to acquire him I think it was a poor decision for a rebuilding team.  I hope I am wrong.  I truly do.  In 3 or 4 years I want him to be mentioned among guys like Luck and Rodgers.  I just don't think he will.  I didn't before the draft and have yet to see anything to prove otherwise.

Please wait…

• jgrable1

Participant

Winston-                                Glennon47 comp                                  76 comp90 att                                      130 att52.2%                                    58.5%678 yards                              722 yards4 TD                                        5 TD3 int                                        3 int12 for 41 rushing                    6 for 32 rushing1 rushing TD                          0 rushing TD1st overall                              3rd roundFactor in that Winston has better receiving talent and a better OC.  Also keep in mind that Glennon was not expected to start and did not get starter reps in the offseason while Winston has been penciled in as the starter since week 17 of last season.This should be interesting.

Oh look, another pointless thread started to hammer on the rookie quarterback.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh look, another pointless thread started to hammer on the rookie quarterback.....

Maybe you're just new around here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon was mercilessly beaten on this board and other Buccaneers sites because he was a proxy for all the anti-Schiano hate in Tampa at the time.The free passes Jameis is getting from the posters here and in the Tampa media are simply stunning. He doesn't complete 50% of his passes against Houston, and there is literally an article on BucsNation.com and in the local rag about how he had a "good game."Under 50% completion percentage. You either have to be trying to throw the ball poorly or be Ryan Lindley in order to do that in the modern NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not much different then the countless threads two years ago when Glennon was a rookie. Everybody after about 4-5 games decided Glennon was no good, couldn't improve, didn't want to let a 3rd round qb develop, regardless of the fact that he had a bad coach and no oline and only Vjax to throw to.Well, Winston has a better oline then Glennon had, a better OC, better weapons, and is 1-2 right now. So, I guess people are going to start in heavily on the "can't read defenses, skips balls" threads, just like we're going to see "wr drops the ball costing Winston, oline isn't helping, defense isn't holding onto leads/stopping the opponents" threads in his defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This team doesn't know how to develop players.Just imagine the reaction if Glennon was the one throwing those balls at NRG...

I don't think the reaction would be that bad from most, but the mere fact you made that comment (in bold) undercuts most of the stuff you post here.  No matter what the "first 3 starts" stats say, most people who watch the game see greater promise in Winston 3 games in than they do with Glennon 3rd season in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This team doesn't know how to develop players.Just imagine the reaction if Glennon was the one throwing those balls at NRG...

I don't think the reaction would be that bad from most, but the mere fact you made that comment (in bold) undercuts most of the stuff you post here.  No matter what the "first 3 starts" stats say, most people who watch the game see greater promise in Winston 3 games in than they do with Glennon 3rd season in.

Ooooh... "most"?  Like that matters...

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I have nothing against the war giraffe I like him as a QB. I think Glennon could be a Joe Flacco for a team that has a good supporting cast and coaching. But you can't pass up a talent like Winston. I think he has a higher ceiling and can be a top 10 or 5 QB in the league.

Over time yes but its going take time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

count you in the lunatic fringe?(like how you skipped the point though and the little taunt shows the weakness of your position)Here you go:

I have nothing against the war giraffe I like him as a QB. I think Glennon could be a Joe Flacco for a team that has a good supporting cast and coaching. But you can't pass up a talent like Winston. I think he has a higher ceiling and can be a top 10 or 5 QB in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

count you in the lunatic fringe?(like how you skipped the point though)

The point is moot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point is moot.

I think you meant mute ;-)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point is moot.

Clearly, you are challenged when it comes to thinking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point is moot.

and you, when it comes to humor . . . which probably explains a few things

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Under 50% completion percentage. You either have to be trying to throw the ball poorly or be Ryan Lindley in order to do that in the modern NFL.

Andrew Luck did it 5 times as a rookie. Ryan did it twice, including a 39.4% completion rate against us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good lord. Glennon had 30 more completions for an extra 50 yards? Sounds about right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point is moot.

In his defense, I've seen moot and mute used improperly countless times on this board. Mostly by the 'Your an idiot' crowd. (Yes, I know it's 'you're')

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That dl would have beat the sh1t out of glennon yesterday.That, or he would've thrown it away on every third down.

Pssst... hey man I don't think you should try to make a point about 3rd downs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point is moot.

Hey man quick heads up.  Have a little fun around here. That was a decent enough lulz.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Under 50% completion percentage. You either have to be trying to throw the ball poorly or be Ryan Lindley in order to do that in the modern NFL.

Andrew Luck did it 5 times as a rookie. Ryan did it twice, including a 39.4% completion rate against us.

Hey, same deal as the other thread. Jamboo get's half the wins Ice did we'll keep him. Fair?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point is moot.

Hey man quick heads up.  Have a little fun around here. That was a decent enough lulz.

Timing in comedy... like a pass thrown behind a receiver.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point is moot.

Timing in comedy... like a pass thrown behind a receiver.

You got it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point is moot.

In his defense, I've seen moot and mute used improperly countless times on this board. Mostly by the 'Your an idiot' crowd. (Yes, I know it's 'you're')

that was my joke

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

large.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

large.jpg

That's mute

Please wait…

• ZMan08151992

Damn I wished the bucaneers would have won yesterday then we won’t have the trolls back creating threads like this

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn I wished the bucaneers would have won yesterday then we won't have the trolls back creating threads like this

Plan on this going forward as long as Winston remains a Buc

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Winston is performing pretty much how I expected. Some good, some bad and some ugly. I still also think Koetter is trying to find the best way to use him. Obviously more comfortable in the hurry up/shotgun mode. I will go back and watch but I wonder his percentages were from under center versus in the gun.As far as the Glennon comparisons, sure they are semi-relevant in the present, but the Bucs didn't draft Winston to be a three-game superstar out of the gate. As someone mentioned, it is about the ceiling. The Bucs obviously see his ceiling being much higher than Glennon's or they would have traded the pick away. They may be right, or they may be wrong. But a three-game sample size is far from being a predictor of things to come.And in a QB-starved NFL, the Bucs haven't exactly had any teams blowing up their phone with any trade offers, which tells me the rest of the league pretty much sees Glennon's ceiling as the same. AND they also could be wrong. Heck Belichick might trade for Glennon as Brady's successor in New England and he wins 6 rings as the Patriots QB. I know for a fact the front office sees Winston as a future STAR. Not an okay QB, or a game-manager type player, but one with the potential to be ELITE. Again, they may be crazy and proven wrong, but three games is insane to really bring up as far as evaluating for the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn I wished the bucaneers would have won yesterday then we won't have the trolls back creating threads like this

If they won, the other trolls would've been here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw this kind of threads coming because most of you made Winston a superstar before he had thrown a ball in the NFL. But now Winston get all the excuses Glennon never got. This is what some might tell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One glaring stat left off this comparison, yards per pass attempt...7.5 to 5.5

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw this kind of threads coming because most of you made Winston a superstar before he had thrown a ball in the NFL. But now Winston get all the excuses Glennon never got. This is what some might tell.

Like the poster who said last season Winston was better as a freshman than Glennon and McCown. He could come in and win more games than both quarterbacks. Now fast forward and we are looking for these wins. Where are the TD passes? The kicker missing all those FG have taken the focus away from this. If more work was done in the TD department we would not need 3-4 FG a game in order to win. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just because someone disagrees with you and the front office they are a troll?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you not feel the difference in talent at WR and TE contributes to this?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...and Winston's 28 passing 1st downs to 41 by Glennon...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My opinion is that Glennon is a more passive than aggressive QB...if that is due to a "difference in talent at WR and TE" so be it...personally, I believe that is who he is regardless of the talent at those positions

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My opinion is that Glennon is a more passive than aggressive QB...if that is due to a "difference in talent at WR and TE" so be it...personally, I believe that is who he is regardless of the talent at those positions

"Most"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not most

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I tend to believe, IF, JW had another 40 pass attempts he would have close to 41 passing 1st downs, no?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just because someone disagrees with you and the front office they are a troll?

Never mind the Rev, he was on here cussing last season. He has big issues to deal with at the church.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I tend to believe, IF, JW had another 40 pass attempts he would have close to 41 passing 1st downs, no?

Maybe if they picked up more 1st downs, he'd have more attempts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have said all I need to say on this subject before the draft and during camp. The season has started so I’m a Bucs fan waiting to see wins. This past Sunday one got away. I want to see the wins soon and often as promised by those who said Winston would make the difference.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have said all I need to say on this subject before the draft and during camp. The season has started so I'm a Bucs fan waiting to see wins. This past Sunday one got away. I want to see the wins soon and often as promised by those who said Winston would make the difference.

Is there a list?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have said all I need to say on this subject before the draft and during camp. The season has started so I'm a Bucs fan waiting to see wins. This past Sunday one got away. I want to see the wins soon and often as promised by those who said Winston would make the difference.

Is there a list?

Are you asking if I take names?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is there a list?

"Those who said..." I presume Runole has the top 300 spots but who are next best offenders?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is there a list?

"Those who said..." I presume Runole has the top 300 spots but who are next best offenders?

I don't keep names, but I'm sure you can find them before the draft and after the draft on any thread about Mike.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t Scott write an article about the reason for drafting Winston was to win games like this? I’m sure he was writing it after the Saints game, but I feel that Winston wasn’t drafted to win games v the Saints but to win games like last Sunday. Scott got it wrong, since we only get 6 games v our divisional foes the games that matter are the ones outside of our division. That was why Winston was drafted, to win those games and not the ones v the teams we know so well. So far, not so good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is there a list?

Ah my fan club!  I am more popular here than the Beatles!  LOLMy crime I agree with those NFL analysts and the Bucs front office that Winston will be a franchise QB.    I am delighted by your angst!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't Scott write an article about the reason for drafting Winston was to win games like this? I'm sure he was writing it after the Saints game, but I feel that Winston wasn't drafted to win games v the Saints but to win games like last Sunday. Scott got it wrong, since we only get 6 games v our divisional foes the games that matter are the ones outside of our division. That was why Winston was drafted, to win those games and not the ones v the teams we know so well. So far, not so good.

Scott got it wrong, since we only get 6 games v our divisional foes the games that matter are the ones outside of our division.Seriously? So winning your division is of less importance?  I see you really do understand the NFL!  LOL  :-[

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is there a list?

I don't keep names, but I'm sure you can find them before the draft and after the draft on any thread about Mike.

For the record, I like Glennon and hope the Bucs can keep him as 2nd in line.  Doubt he would like that though so I am fine with a early 2nd rounder or better for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't Scott write an article about the reason for drafting Winston was to win games like this? I'm sure he was writing it after the Saints game, but I feel that Winston wasn't drafted to win games v the Saints but to win games like last Sunday. Scott got it wrong, since we only get 6 games v our divisional foes the games that matter are the ones outside of our division. That was why Winston was drafted, to win those games and not the ones v the teams we know so well. So far, not so good.

Scott got it wrong, since we only get 6 games v our divisional foes the games that matter are the ones outside of our division.Seriously? So winning your division is of less importance?  I see you really do understand the NFL!  LOL  :-[

6 games out of 16. 6 games that no matter what we should be competitive in because we face them twice a year every year. If all we are able to win are 6 games within our division then we shouldn't expect to go any further. Beating our division rivals isn't special, it's to be expected. So, the 10 games outside of our division mean a damn sight more. Not exactly rocket science Runole, big deal if you can beat the teams you know backwards, it's beating the teams you don't know that wins you championship games in the end. The win against the saints was good, but it's something we should accept as the norm for the team and not something that someone was brought in specifically to do. Beating the other 28 teams though is where you need the "special" players. The NFL is about winning as many games as you can, not just those in the division it's what makes it the NFL and not the ACC.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I agree, divisional games are of great importance. I also wish they would mix up the divisions again. Put the Dolts in most other divisions that don't have "South" in them, and they don't make the playoffs the past three years, Luck or no Luck. (I'd love to see them back in the AFC East, like they used to be, or, to really go back, the NFC. :) (Yeah, it was actually NFL / AFL, but how many people other than a few of us remember that. :) ) )

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I think Winston is performing pretty much how I expected. Some good, some bad and some ugly. I still also think Koetter is trying to find the best way to use him. Obviously more comfortable in the hurry up/shotgun mode. I will go back and watch but I wonder his percentages were from under center versus in the gun.As far as the Glennon comparisons, sure they are semi-relevant in the present, but the Bucs didn't draft Winston to be a three-game superstar out of the gate. As someone mentioned, it is about the ceiling. The Bucs obviously see his ceiling being much higher than Glennon's or they would have traded the pick away. They may be right, or they may be wrong. But a three-game sample size is far from being a predictor of things to come.And in a QB-starved NFL, the Bucs haven't exactly had any teams blowing up their phone with any trade offers, which tells me the rest of the league pretty much sees Glennon's ceiling as the same. AND they also could be wrong. Heck Belichick might trade for Glennon as Brady's successor in New England and he wins 6 rings as the Patriots QB. I know for a fact the front office sees Winston as a future STAR. Not an okay QB, or a game-manager type player, but one with the potential to be ELITE. Again, they may be crazy and proven wrong, but three games is insane to really bring up as far as evaluating for the future.

Well said.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Is there a list?

How convenient that you remember enough to make a claim but not enough to back it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They basically paved the way for the trolls. Hell, they deserve it.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

It's a full blown troll war here. I mean stuff like "But now Winston get all the excuses Glennon never got." is nothing but troll fodder. Glennon got plenty of excuses and is still leading the pack in Tampa there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's a full blown troll war here. I mean stuff like "But now Winston get all the excuses Glennon never got." is nothing but troll fodder. Glennon got plenty of excuses and is still leading the pack in Tampa there.

Sorry, but I disagree. Winston is most definitely getting the excuses that weren't allowed for Glennon. But, that's not the reason for the troll war. You know it and I know it.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Sorry, but I disagree. Winston is most definitely getting the excuses that weren't allowed for Glennon. But, that's not the reason for the troll war. You know it and I know it.

I understand you have to disagree by default. A war wouldn't exist if everyone agreed. It's just nice to know your part of it. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand you have to disagree by default. A war wouldn't exist if everyone agreed. It's just nice to know your part of it. :)

True. But, we could all agree that Lovie is a f*cking joke and then we'd all be on the same side!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I vividly remember that game vs the Falcons too. Crazy part is, they were still somehow in the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont think anyone is suggesting for a second that Glennon is a potential star QB.  He is what he is.  His zenith is maybe Brad Johnson.  Nothing wrong with that but he was drafted where he should have been.  The fact that both players are really similar in this small sample size is not a good thing no matter how anyone at OBP wants to spin it.  The Bucs FO honestly seeing star ability in Winston is troubling.  Release and accuracy (not just getting it to the receivers but in position to make YAC) are so critical to the success of a pro QB, and Winston simply doesn't have either skill on a star level.  If the shotgun is the way to go for Winston, perhaps the Bucs should have invested in a center that is a high end shotgun type?  This is a frustrating team and roster composition to watch.  Count me among the folks that see the Winston pick as weighted more so as a ticket sale draw, not a pure QB only evaluation. 

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

True. But, we could all agree that Lovie is a f*cking joke and then we'd all be on the same side!

Actually, the biggest joke was fired, thus creating the position that Lovie filled. He is now in the process of cleaning up the giant sh!t stain left by Schiano. That task is somewhat equivalent to removing carbon emissions with a window fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

6 games out of 16. 6 games that no matter what we should be competitive in because we face them twice a year every year. If all we are able to win are 6 games within our division then we shouldn't expect to go any further. Beating our division rivals isn't special, it's to be expected. So, the 10 games outside of our division mean a damn sight more. Not exactly rocket science Runole, big deal if you can beat the teams you know backwards, it's beating the teams you don't know that wins you championship games in the end. The win against the saints was good, but it's something we should accept as the norm for the team and not something that someone was brought in specifically to do. Beating the other 28 teams though is where you need the "special" players. The NFL is about winning as many games as you can, not just those in the division it's what makes it the NFL and not the ACC.

There is so much wrong here. First of all, Division games ARE absolutely more important. The next most important are games in the Conference, and then games in the AFC. Why? Because division games if won, put a loss on the other division teams. It's the only control we have over how the other teams in the division do. I'll give you a very specific example. In 2010, we finished 10-6, behind 11-5 New Orleans and 13-3 Atlanta. Green Bay took the last wildcard spot due to their superior strength of schedule. They won the Super Bowl btw. Had we lost to Cleveland (AFC) but beat the Saints in week 6, we'd still have finished 10-6. Yet we would have gone to the playoffs - we would have put an extra loss on the Saints and taken the tie-breaker in a head-to-head. We'd have also beaten GB on Conference record (tiebreaker that comes before strength of schedule). Second of all, how long have you been a Bucs' fan? We were 0-6 in the division last year. In 2013, we were 1-5. We were 1-5 in 2009. We haven't had a better than .500 record against the division since 2007, when we won 5 games. Had we lost to Carolina in 4 of that season we'd have been out (but we could have lost another game to an AFC opponent and still won the division). Losing one of the games to the Saints might have knocked us out as well (we'd have been tied with Carolina on division record, conference record - don't have time to figure out the other tie-breakers.So much for all the teams we are familiar with being easy marks. Third, do you really think that there are simpletons here who think that somehow we should not care about the other 10 games? I've seem some straw-man arguments being made here before, but this is one of the worst examples. Winston is here to help this team win games, period. This year of course, but also next year, the year after, etc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Division games tend to balance out…

Please wait…

Viewing 67 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.