Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 107 reply threads

• Author

• FartMan

Participant

Winston-                                Mariota 47 comp                                  61 comp90 att                                      97 att52.2%                                    62.9%678 yards                              833 yards4 TD                                        8 TD3 int                                        2 int12 for 41 rushing                    5 for 25 rushing1 rushing TD                          0 rushing TD1st overall                              2nd overall.So far, and I know its early.... but Mariota and Glennon out played Winston in his first 3 starts... and compared to Mariota... its not even close.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boo f’ing hoo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As fans, we know the pick was made based on possible ticket and jersey sales and obviously not QB ability.  There is nothing we can do to change that.  All we can do is hope he produces going forward. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was told he was the more NFL ready QB and it would take years for Mariota to be on his level when they get to the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Best argument I've heard in years!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

No need to argue it any more. It's been debated in multiple threads in multiple ways. This is just more whining from fans that didn't get what they wanted and are too impatient to wait even one season to see what happens. It's old.

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

As fans, we know the pick was made based on possible ticket and jersey sales and obviously not QB ability.  There is nothing we can do to change that.  All we can do is hope he produces going forward.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This regime has been a personnel disaster… Every free agent last year was a bust.  Let go of Revis, but don’t worry we got Verner… benched.  Of course they picked the wrong QB.  Picking the wrong guy is what they do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread should go well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

hopped-milk-feeding-bottle-nipple-full-beer-as-replacement-babies-39365413.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston                              Luck47 comp                                65 comp90 att                                    116 att52.2%                                    56%678 yards                                753 yards4 TD                                        5 TD3 int                                        7 int12 for 41 rushing                    14 for 65 rushing1 rushing TD                          0 rushing TD1st overall  Because Winston and Mariota have a better stat line through three games of the regular season to Andrew Luck, I hereby declare them to be better quarterbacks than Andrew Luck.  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston                              Luck47 comp                                65 comp90 att                                    116 att52.2%                                    56%678 yards                                753 yards4 TD                                        5 TD3 int                                        7 int12 for 41 rushing                    14 for 65 rushing1 rushing TD                          0 rushing TD1st overall  Because Winston and Mariota have a better stat line through three games of the regular season to Andrew Luck, I hereby declare them to be better quarterbacks than Andrew Luck.  ;D

Id tread lightly throwing the comparison to Luck because as the after 6 games, 7 games, 8 games inevitable threads this is going to get very ugly for Mr Winston.  Heck, even with your comparison Luck is still the better player here.  Just an FYI he finished the season throwing for 4374 yards and 23 TDs while running for another 5 TDs.  The team finished 11-5.Any bets on Winston finishing the season with that line? 

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Winston-                                Mariota 47 comp                                  61 comp90 att                                      97 att52.2%                                    62.9%678 yards                              833 yards4 TD                                        8 TD3 int                                        2 int12 for 41 rushing                    5 for 25 rushing1 rushing TD                          0 rushing TD1st overall                              2nd overall.So far, and I know its early.... but Mariota and Glennon out played Winston in his first 3 starts... and compared to Mariota... its not even close.

You forgot to include fumbles. Mariota ha coughed the ball up as bad as he did in college.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota has 3 fumbles lost 2Jameis has 2 fumbles lost 1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think there’s any doubt Mariota has performed better than most people on here want to admit.  Winston has performed like you would expect a first-year QB to perform.  Some really beautiful throws along with some bad plays/throws.  He’s gotta keep getting better, and he seems to be willing to put in the work.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Id tread lightly throwing the comparison to Luck because as the after 6 games, 7 games, 8 games inevitable threads this is going to get very ugly for Mr Winston.  Heck, even with your comparison Luck is still the better player here.  Just an FYI he finished the season throwing for 4374 yards and 23 TDs while running for another 5 TDs.  The team finished 11-5.Any bets on Winston finishing the season with that line?

Yet the only reason the Dolts continue to make the playoffs each year is due to the six guaranteed wins again division opponents. Put them in a real division and they are not finishing with more than 10 wins per season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m still not sold on Mariota. I see his production eventually falling off just like RG3’s did.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Mariota has also looked just as much a rookie as Winston. His numbers against Cleveland were padded by stats he picked up in trash time.Not only that, but he blew a chance to beat the Dolts this past week. I'll take Winston any day of the week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think there's any doubt Mariota has performed better than most people on here want to admit.  Winston has performed like you would expect a first-year QB to perform.  Some really beautiful throws along with some bad plays/throws.  He's gotta keep getting better, and he seems to be willing to put in the work.

Not a Mariota fan at all, however, statistically speaking he has performed better than I anticipated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most important thing for me when assessing rookie QB statistics is YPA. Winston - 7.5 - Above AverageMariota - 8.6 - GreatLook at other QBs YPA their first full season as a starter. Winston will be alright.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota has also looked just as much a rookie as Winston. His numbers against Cleveland were padded by stats he picked up in trash time.

If that's the case, you can throw out Winston's TD's against Tennessee as those were garbage time scores.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most important thing for me when assessing rookie QB statistics is YPA. Winston - 7.5 - Above AverageMariota - 8.6 - GreatLook at other QBs YPA their first full season as a starter. Winston will be alright.

Would appear we passed on greatness.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Mariota has also looked just as much a rookie as Winston. His numbers against Cleveland were padded by stats he picked up in trash time.

If that's the case, you can throw out Winston's TD's against Tennessee as those were garbage time scores.

Works for me; however, Mariota has looked all as much of a rookie, including his blown chance to beat the Dolts Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota has also looked just as much a rookie as Winston. His numbers against Cleveland were padded by stats he picked up in trash time.Not only that, but he blew a chance to beat the Dolts this past week. I'll take Winston any day of the week.

I get this is just a troll post from you, but seriously, no personnel man alive would take Winston over MM at this point.  No one wants to admit it now, because of how difficult the offseason was on this debate but its about as obvious as can be. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota's 8.6 YPA is likely unsustainable, but I guess we will find out. Tony Romo led the league last year (450+ attempts) with 8.5 YPA. Rodgers has only finished a season with a YPA of 8.5 or greater three times and in his first full season a starter his YPA was 7.5.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

So, by that logic, the Dolts passed up on greatness, as RG3 led the NFL in YPA as a rookie in 2012. Now, they are stuck with Luck.http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/6/28/4464218/robert-griffin-rg3-2013-injury-projection

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I get this is just a troll post from you, but seriously, no personnel man alive would take Winston over MM at this point.  No one wants to admit it now, because of how difficult the offseason was on this debate but its about as obvious as can be.

I am not trolling. I honestly would take Winston for the Bucs over Mariota, any day of the week. He is a bit shaky now, but he will progress. His play, over time, will move closer to his ceiling.I do not troll, nor do I hide behind an anonymous SN.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think there's any doubt Mariota has performed better than most people on here want to admit.  Winston has performed like you would expect a first-year QB to perform.  Some really beautiful throws along with some bad plays/throws.  He's gotta keep getting better, and he seems to be willing to put in the work.

Not a Mariota fan at all, however, statistically speaking he has performed better than I anticipated.

I will also say I was not an advocate of picking MM either with the first pick.  The Philly trade down was the way to go as this roster had far too many holes.  We would have been set up for years with those picks and players.  Still, it all appears what most not in FL already knew; MM was and is a FAR better prospect than Winston.  The stats and the eye test say it all. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Neither the Titans or the Bucs have won anything after 3 games into the season of these guys rookie careers. thats why threads like these are so stupid. one of these guys could fall of the cliff, or one of them could really rise on up on another level after a year or two or three. They were not drafted on 1 year rental deals. They were drafted to be the QBs of their respective teams for a long time. If you guys want to waste time comparing the stats after 3 games then I guess thats just personal problems you have to deal with, Im just trying to help you figure out what should be obvious. None of this matters right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But, but, Winston makes everybody around him better… Oh wait…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Neither the Titans or the Bucs have won anything after 3 games into the season of these guys rookie careers. thats why threads like these are so stupid. one of these guys could fall of the cliff, or one of them could really rise on up on another level after a year or two or three. They were not drafted on 1 year rental deals. They were drafted to be the QBs of their respective teams for a long time. If you guys want to waste time comparing the stats after 3 games then I guess thats just personal problems you have to deal with, Im just trying to help you figure out what should be obvious. None of this matters right now.

Thats very true.  The Bucs and Titans were two bad football teams and remain two bad football teams.  But like it or not, when QB's are picked 1 and 2 they are forever linked at the hip.  One team picked the right guy, one team picks the wrong guy.  Thats how it always is.  Especially in the case of Winston because he wasnt really considered to be the top pick in the draft but the Bucs picked him anyway over a guy most had as a better prospect, you are going to get this kind of thing for a very long time unless Winston proves them wrong.  3 games is of course a small sample size but that's all we have.  So far the results are sadly as most in the country expected.  Lets be honest, if you see both players, one looks like a for sure superstar and one well, doesnt.  The debate was so heated that the Winston fans wont admit it yet of course, but they know what they are seeing. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just an FYI he finished the season throwing for 4374 yards and 23 TDs while running for another 5 TDs.  The team finished 11-5.

Thank you for this information, this whole football thing is a learning experience for us all. So Andrew Luck is a good quarterback after all. See, I was wondering about that, because I saw people picking him on their fantasy teams first I didn't know who he was. Speaking of quarterback and while we are on this subject, what is an interception exactly? Like, I get that the other team catches it and then they have the ball, but I never see the interception throwing team getting points for these. So why throw them? If it were me, I would just tell my guys to not do that. Am I missing something?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is nothing Jameis Winston can do to win over the people that didn’t/don’t/won’t like him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also don’t understand what is to be gained by the smug, “Told you so” attitude about Mariota. Has Mariota looked better than Winston? Yup. Here is something to consider:Marcus Mariota will never play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It's time to move on. It hurt not taking Aaron Rodgers - but it's time to move on. Winston will be the starting QB for the foreseeable future. Lets watch him grow or wilt.

Please wait…

• Teachersue

Participant

Thats very true.  The Bucs and Titans were two bad football teams and remain two bad football teams.  But like it or not, when QB's are picked 1 and 2 they are forever linked at the hip.  One team picked the right guy, one team picks the wrong guy.  Thats how it always is.  Especially in the case of Winston because he wasnt really considered to be the top pick in the draft but the Bucs picked him anyway over a guy most had as a better prospect, you are going to get this kind of thing for a very long time unless Winston proves them wrong.  3 games is of course a small sample size but that's all we have.  So far the results are sadly as most in the country expected.  Lets be honest, if you see both players, one looks like a for sure superstar and one well, doesnt.  The debate was so heated that the Winston fans wont admit it yet of course, but they know what they are seeing.

If you want to make the argument that a player is clearly going to have a better career based on 3 games, that's fine (that worked out well for RG3 and Luck, right?)... but by far the majority of evaluators had Winston ahead of Mariota. Having a shitty opinion is okay, every board has its retards, but don't just make shit up. I'm a Gator fan and loathed Winston when he was at FSU, but JFC man get a grip. It's been 3 games, and Winston was rookie of the week for one of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m still confident Winston will have the better career but I have one question for you guys who won’t let it go. Do you think Mariota would have the same stats with the Bucs?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luck-                                        RG3- 65 comp                                  60 comp90 att                                      89 att53.3%                                    67.4%846 yards                              747 yards5 TD                                        4 TD4 int                                        1 int10 for 80 rushing                  33 for 198 rushing0 rushing TD                          3 rushing TD1st overall                              2nd overallMeaningless comparison, meaningless thread.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you think Mariota would have the same stats with the Bucs?

They would probably be similar in terms of efficiency, accuracy, and YPA but I don't think the TD numbers would be there given the Bucs propensity to be extremely conservative.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not really on both counts. Mariota's stats against Cleveland were not all gained in 'garbage time' late in the fourth quarter. Nor had Cleveland gone to a prevent defense until very late in the game. The loss against the Colts wasn't him blowing it, he did well on the drive to get them the potential game tying touchdown. Not his fault the playcalling didn't use his mobility on the two point conversion and instead went with an identical play to the one they scored the TD on. That being said, as someone who wanted Mariota, these sort of threads need to fade away for a while. Both Mariota and Winston will be good, but both are going to struggle a bit as rookies. Would be nice for some of the 'pro-ready' crowd to admit Mariota won't take as much time to be good and that Winston will take more time to adjust to the game than they predicted but not holding my breath.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They would probably be similar in terms of efficiency, accuracy, and YPA but I don't think the TD numbers would be there given the Bucs propensity to be extremely conservative.

So you think Lovie and Dirk would run a read option offense?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Depends. Can this offense be run from the punt formation?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs had decided to draft Mariota, obviously a lot of "what ifs" and hypotheticals here, I think Koetter would have tweaked the offense a bit for him. See my signature.Whiz has always been a vanilla-offense knucklehead that got propped up by the play of elite QBs. I think if he could make changes for Mariota - Koetter would have too. I was never on board with that though. I am happy with Winston and I just think he is under such a microscope by our fan base that every little mistake sparks a, "Welp, he sux, I told you so" response from many.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota will be the better QB in the long run, but Winston will be a really good or even great player. We got Roethlisberger/Favre and they got Rodgers/Young.Both guys will be capable of winning Superbowls. Coaching and the talent across the team will determine if they win Championships.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I predict Mariota will be a cat lady in about 8 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also don't understand what is to be gained by the smug, "Told you so" attitude about Mariota.

You don't? I'm not even participating in it and I can clearly see it.  People stuffed Winston down the throats of Bucs fans the entire off season.  "Pro ready", "win now", "Mariota won't play for a year or two", "it's Winston so just shut up" dominated the forums.  I promise you if Mariota was tanking it and Winston lighting it up, the roles (posts) would be reversed.  Too many posters here are more concerned with being right than the Bucs actually winning.  And that's Winston and Mariota fans alike.  Like it or not, Mariota and Winston will be forever linked.  The best thing to do is to just ignore it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs had decided to draft Mariota, obviously a lot of "what ifs" and hypotheticals here, I think Koetter would have tweaked the offense a bit for him. See my signature.Whiz has always been a vanilla-offense knucklehead that got propped up by the play of elite QBs. I think if he could make changes for Mariota - Koetter would have too. I was never on board with that though. I am happy with Winston and I just think he is under such a microscope by our fan base that every little mistake sparks a, "Welp, he sux, I told you so" response from many.

Yep, same page. We'll see how this plays out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is nothing Jameis Winston can do to win over the people that didn't/don't/won't like him.

Oh man, I disagree completely.  I'd love for him to shut every one up.  i desperately want to watch relevant football.  He can totally win me over... Nothing I've seen so far has led me to believe he was the right choice.  I get that its early, but he's NFL ready, He's the number 1 pick... Lets quit making excuses for the guy. 

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

If you want to make the argument that a player is clearly going to have a better career based on 3 games, that's fine (that worked out well for RG3 and Luck, right?)... but by far the majority of evaluators had Winston ahead of Mariota. Having a (censored)ty opinion is okay, every board has its retards, but don't just make (censored) up. I'm a Gator fan and loathed Winston when he was at FSU, but JFC man get a grip. It's been 3 games, and Winston was rookie of the week for one of them.

Well said, and I completely agree.The only thing I can say, in answer to anyone spouting stats after three weeks in the NFL is "Rookie of the Year" Robert Griffin III. I think that about sums it up.**(and growing up a Redskin fan, believe me, I wanted RG3 to be successful afterwards. It just didn't happen.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What they really need to compare is who is bagging more babes on the weekend…….that is important stuff right there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is nothing Jameis Winston can do to win over the people that didn't/don't/won't like him.

This is absolutely wrong.  All he has to do is be the player we were told he would be and threads like this will disappear.It is pretty funny reading this debate, though.  Mariota loses 35 to 33 against Luck and people blame the QB.  Winston loses 19 to 9 against Mallet and people blame the defense and kicker.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is absolutely wrong.  All he has to do is be the player we were told he would be and threads like this will disappear.

What a load of BS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is absolutely wrong.  All he has to do is be the player we were told he would be and threads like this will disappear.

What a load of BS

Oh you're absolutely  wrong... it's true.  It's infuriating to watch him suck.  I'd much rather watch him shut up his critics.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a load of BS

Oh you're absolutely  wrong... it's true.  It's infuriating to watch him suck.  I'd much rather watch him shut up his critics.

True for some, I agree. I was thinking of that segment who wouldn't support the guy under any circumstances

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Mariota fans…. Mariota can do no wrong! He is going to be a super bowl QB (after 3 games).Winston fans... Winston can do no wrong! He is going to be a super bowl QB (after 3 games).All of you are stupid Fn idiots!!! It's been 3 games!!! Chances are nothing will be proven in year one and possibly year 2. The success of any individual player especially a QB will only go as far as the team he is surrounded by, coaches developing him, play calling, defense etc... People don't realize that a bad organization is that bad and the players on the team are playing for themselves only, very little bond, and no accountability. I have had friends flat out quit playing in the NFL as they lost all love for the game due to the individual nature that some organizations take. Either the Bucs come together and change or everyone on this team will be a bust! Not enough dog in these guys and holding each other accountable. Imo Winston is not acting like the leader he was at FSU, he is not playing as free as he was there. I'm not sure if it is what he is being told to do but they need to turn him loose and let him take this team as a leader. Stop trying to protect him and turn him loose!!!! Let him make as many mistakes as it takes but allow him to put the team on his shoulders. Win or lose!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not enough dog in these guys and holding each other accountable.

That can't be true. Jameis simply wills his team to win. He inspires those around him and makes them better with nothing more than his presence. He has THE HEART OF A CHAMPION!

Please wait…

• ZMan08151992

Don't forget luck also threw 18 picks....funny you left that out Rg3 stats was even better not...where is he now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wanted Mariota at the draft and was also disappointed after week one but I’m over it. I hope Winston becomes the better QB. We need him to be great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wanted Mariota at the draft and was also disappointed after week one but I'm over it. I hope Winston becomes the better QB. We need him to be great.

this man is a true believerbeliever!Hallelujah buc brother BB! May winston bless you with bounties of fresh crablegs, and gullible, yet trashy women.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think there’s a rational person that can say Winston has outplayed Mariota at this point. It's obvious Mariota has been better. Good for him. At this point, who the fook cares? They got their guy. We got are guy. No amount of comparisons are going to change that. Jameis is has shown a lot of why the Bucs took him number one overall. He's also shown why some folks doubted him. Still, I have the utmost confidence he's going to develop into an elite level quarterback in this league. He's putting in the time, he's improved each game in different areas. I'm very excited that he will definitely be the guy. Mariota may as well (and please don't tell me he already is - its been three friggin games). Good thing he's in the AFC South, we probably won't see him again for 4 years. As for Glennon. He's a career backup. Accept it. Move on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a load of BS

You know guys, the funniest part is watching all the pre-draft "Winston Lovers" get trolled so easily.  These threads are not so much about Winston's play as almost everyone understands it has only been three games and it will take time.  Instead they are about you the posters who made 100's of threads just like this one for the sole purpose of telling us Winston didn't need time, he was pro-Ready and could have started in the NFL coming out of high school.  And anytime anyone made a comment that Mariota might be an OK QB, they were laid upon with the wrath of god. This is simply the flip side of the coin.Winston has not played like a great QB as so many Winston fans promised he would.  But he has played pretty darn good for a rookie QB in the NFL.  He has shown signs of just what he can become (great) but also had rookie moments.  In the end, I think he will be a very good QB in the NFL.  But until then, expect more threads like this.  You made you bed now lie in it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But why is it needed Freddy? What do you gain? Internet superiority? Whoop-dee-friggin-do.Hoping Winston fails and Mariota succeeds just so you can show how smart you are?I feel for you guys, I really do, if you truly need this sort of validation in your lives.The minute Jameis Winston became quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers all this Mariota bullspit should have ended. You are all Buc fans right?Then you better damn well hope Winston develops into a champion and a great QB or this franchise will be set back another 5 years. But no, you a-holes would rather see him fail just so the message board can see you strut around like some absurd peacock.Why are you people even here? Shouldn't you be getting sized for Mariota Titan jerseys?He is the ENEMY. He will never play a down for the Buccaneers. Jameis is our guy and he'll be our guy for the forseeable future. What's done is done. Either rally behind our quarterback or GFO of here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You know guys, the funniest part is watching all the pre-draft "Winston Lovers" get trolled so easily.  These threads are not so much about Winston's play as almost everyone understands it has only been three games and it will take time.  Instead they are about you the posters who made 100's of threads just like this one for the sole purpose of telling us Winston didn't need time, he was pro-Ready and could have started in the NFL coming out of high school.  And anytime anyone made a comment that Mariota might be an OK QB, they were laid upon with the wrath of god. This is simply the flip side of the coin.Winston has not played like a great QB as so many Winston fans promised he would.  But he has played pretty darn good for a rookie QB in the NFL.  He has shown signs of just what he can become (great) but also had rookie moments.  In the end, I think he will be a very good QB in the NFL.  But until then, expect more threads like this.  You made you bed now lie in it.

This right here sums it all up. Well put, sir.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But why is it needed Freddy? What do you gain? Internet superiority? Whoop-dee-friggin-do.Hoping Winston fails and Mariota succeeds just so you can show how smart you are?I feel for you guys, I really do, if you truly need this sort of validation in your lives.The minute Jameis Winston became quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers all this Mariota bullspit should have ended. You are all Buc fans right?Then you better damn well hope Winston develops into a champion and a great QB or this franchise will be set back another 5 years. But no, you a-holes would rather see him fail just so the message board can see you strut around like some absurd peacock.Why are you people even here? Shouldn't you be getting sized for Mariota Titan jerseys?He is the ENEMY. He will never play a down for the Buccaneers. Jameis is our guy and he'll be our guy for the forseeable future. What's done is done. Either rally behind our quarterback or GFO of here.

Freddy is here because hes a miserable douche who wants to troll and be an asswipei dont understand why people can't get over the picks. you didnt get your way, move oni hope Mariota and the 30 other QBs in the league go down in flames every single season. theres only 1 QB that matters and its Winston because hes on our teamthats the way all the fans should feel but we have a ton of retards like the OP and a bunch of others IIT in our fanbase

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freddy is here because hes a miserable douche who wants to troll and be an asswipei dont understand why people can't get over the picks. you didnt get your way, move oni hope Mariota and the 30 other QBs in the league go down in flames every single season. theres only 1 QB that matters and its Winston because hes on our teamthats the way all the fans should feel but we have a ton of retards like the OP and a bunch of others IIT in our fanbase

Dex, you know I respect you as a poster. Always have and always will. But, Freddy's last post was pretty spot on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Slow down Jason...You made a lot of very wrong assumptions1st - your read the whole thing wrong, most fans don't want Winston to fail, they just want to rub it back in your face that he isn't everything that you rubbed in our face pre-draft.  2nd - Don't include me in the "You guys" as I'm not rubbing anything in, I'm laughing at both groups.  The Mariota side for being such good trolls, and the Winston Lovers for crying so much for being trolled 3rd _  I'm a Buc fan now, always have been, always will be, but that is not the topic here - unless of course you are one of those type that think anyone who does not agree 100% with you is not a real fan ass hat.4th - Read it again sweetie, I clearly stated I think Winston will be a great NFL QB.  I just find it funny how easily you are being trolled.5th - Clam down, your last past is a Oscar winner "I've been trolled" post, so much so that you replied to comments that were never even my (by myself) in some desperate attempt to, well I don't know what.  Are the people tolling you A-hole? Propbably.  But no more than you were when you trolled them pre-draft.  Again, you set the stage, don't cry now because you don't like it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dex, you know I respect you as a poster. Always have and always will. But, Freddy's last post was pretty spot on.

What we have here is another example of a Winston fan who fails to see the trees because the forest is in the way.  Heck Dex, if anything I was trying to help people like you and Jason from being trolled so easily. But hey, if you want to run around and look like an idiot while others laugh at you, who am I to stop you from doing it.Once again, for the reading impaired, I think Winston will be a great NFL QB.  I think those here calling him a bust after three games are wrong.  But I also understand why they are doing it.  Not to hate on Winston, but to hate on the pre-draft Winston lovers.  How hard is that to understand?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of us aren't sheep. We don't root for the name on the back, we root for the name on the front of the jersey. We are sick and tired of seeing the same crap dolled out each week, each season. So if Winston is playing poorly, people are going to talk about it. I personally don't want the Bucs to fail. But I believe it to be inevitable because I believe the coach sucks to high heaven. Most of his decisions back up my claim that he sucks. Most of his "high profile" choices from last year are either gone, or got benched. He sucks, and as long as that imbecile is the coach, our beloved Bucs are going to remain mediocre.I'm sick of mediocre. I hope Winston is the real deal, but based on Lovie's choices (almost every single one of them) having proved that "avg/mediocre" is the ceiling for a Lovie pick, I'm not geting my hopes up yet.But this thread and most threads like this have been started because a handful of "Pro-Ready" slurpers bombarded anybody who didn't bow down at the altar of Winston. Pro Ready was shoved down our throats, so I can easily see why a few posters are firing back because he's playing about as well as Glennon did. That's where I get nervous, Lovie is such a horrible evaluator, is Winston the real deal? Or is he destined to be another "Lovie pick"?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is absolutely wrong.  All he has to do is be the player we were told he would be and threads like this will disappear.It is pretty funny reading this debate, though.  Mariota loses 35 to 33 against Luck and people blame the QB.  Winston loses 19 to 9 against Mallet and people blame the defense and kicker.

Absolutely.  I hate the Bucs picked Winston.  Not a fan of his game at all.  I still posted after the Saints game that he made some really nice throws, especially the one to VJax which was eye popping.  But he regressed back to the same old inaccurate, slow mechanics guy we have seen since 2014.If the stats were reversed, I would be the first person to say the FSU crowd was right, this guy is darn good.  He needs to play better and the excuses need to stop for anyone to take his play seriously. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a load of BS

Excellent post.  Quarterbacks will always be heavily scrutinized, I don't care if your name is Brady, Favre, Marino, or Manning.  A guy as polarizing as Winston who is taken as the first pick in the draft over a guy like MM is going to have this until one of them is Canton. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But why is it needed Freddy? What do you gain? Internet superiority? Whoop-dee-friggin-do.Hoping Winston fails and Mariota succeeds just so you can show how smart you are?I feel for you guys, I really do, if you truly need this sort of validation in your lives.

Some of us aren't sheep. 

right, so this post is a good illustration of the larger issue that comes into play with Winston.  This message board has a lot of very loyal and very dedicated Bucs fans on it (including the two posters), but the message board itself is often dominated by what Jason mentions above -- people looking for "Internet Superiority."  So, you have people making predictions WAY TOO SOON and then others drawing conclusions WAY TOO SOON . .  and the two sides using them back and forth (in this instance, game by game even, lol) to say to those with a different view: "you're dumb" or "you're 'sheep'"  and, as Jason correctly notes, its done most often in order to elevate one side over the other (i.e., "Internet Superiority").  At the extreme, that kind of stuff overrides support for the team because "Internet Superiority" is more important (as silly as that sounds) to a few (not most) and so when the Bucs lose you have anti-Winston/pro Mariota types who post anti-Winston/pro Mariota threads and then the opposite happens when the Bucs win . . . . Its a little silly and tiring because the arguments on both sides become absurd and over the top, but we are all guilty at some level and that is the way things work. . . . on a message board.  The only thing that makes no sense to me is coming to a FAN message board and criticizing posters for beings FANS (ie., optimists) . . .  lol . . . what did you expect to find here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a load of BS

You know guys, the funniest part is watching all the pre-draft "Winston Lovers" get trolled so easily.  These threads are not so much about Winston's play as almost everyone understands it has only been three games and it will take time.  Instead they are about you the posters who made 100's of threads just like this one for the sole purpose of telling us Winston didn't need time, he was pro-Ready and could have started in the NFL coming out of high school.  And anytime anyone made a comment that Mariota might be an OK QB, they were laid upon with the wrath of god. This is simply the flip side of the coin.You made you bed now lie in it.

Internet Superiority (credit to Jason for the term)The battle continues . . .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Mariota nut huggers have every right to voice their opinion. But, ironically after week two there are hardly and nut huggers left on this forum. There are just a few left right now due to Winston having a redeeming performance in week two and Mariota completely shitting the bed in week two.In fact, the only ones who are saying that Mariota is better than Winston at this point are those who did not watch Mariota's week two performance vs. the Browns. Winston has struggled and looked like a rookie, but Mariota was God awful against the Browns, just like he was in some games his first year in college. In fact, if Mariota had played against the Bucs the way he did against the Browns, there would be no discussion here. I do give Mariota credit for what he has done. He has impressed me. But there is no question in my mind that we took the right guy. Mariota has got a coach who is playing to his strengths. The NFL is figuring these offenses out and the more Tennessee puts on film, the quicker defenses will be able to shut them down. Pretty soon, Mariota will have it much harder. Teams are studying them right now. On the other hand, Winston is playing in an offense that every defense knows very well. He is playing in a classic down the field NFL passing offense. Defenses know exactly what is coming, and Winston needs to overcome that.Despite watching every game so far of Mariota's, I have yet to see Mariota hang in the pocket knowing he was going to take the hit and make the clutch throw and get decked afterwards. Maybe I missed one. Jameis did it all day vs. the NFLs best defensive front last week. Watch week two. Mariota got spooked and tried to scramble when his WRs were covered and between the butterfinger fumbles and delay of game penalties he pretty much lost that game for his team. Mariota was so bad in week two, Garo Yepremian is still laughing out loud about his "lowlights". He had two other turnovers that were nullified by penalties in that game too. His first half was honestly one of the worst I have seen of all-time for any QB. Anyone trying to make the claim that MM is clearly better has not watched all of the games IMO. Watch MM week two then you will see why everyone else that was trolling disappeared after that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But why is it needed Freddy? What do you gain? Internet superiority? Whoop-dee-friggin-do.Hoping Winston fails and Mariota succeeds just so you can show how smart you are?I feel for you guys, I really do, if you truly need this sort of validation in your lives.

Some of us aren't sheep. 

right, so this post is a good illustration of the larger issue that comes into play with Winston.  This message board has a lot of very loyal and very dedicated Bucs fans on it (including the two posters), but the message board itself is often dominated by what Jason mentions above -- people looking for "Internet Superiority."  So, you have people making predictions WAY TOO SOON and then others drawing conclusions WAY TOO SOON . .  and the two sides using them back and forth (in this instance, game by game even, lol) to say to those with a different view: "you're dumb" or "you're 'sheep'"  and, as Jason correctly notes, its done most often in order to elevate one side over the other (i.e., "Internet Superiority").  At the extreme, that kind of stuff overrides support for the team because "Internet Superiority" is more important (as silly as that sounds) to a few (not most) and so when the Bucs lose you have anti-Winston/pro Mariota types who post anti-Winston/pro Mariota threads and then the opposite happens when the Bucs win . . . . Its a little silly and tiring because the arguments on both sides become absurd and over the top, but we are all guilty at some level and that is the way things work. . . . on a message board.  The only thing that makes no sense to me is coming to a FAN message board and criticizing posters for beings FANS (ie., optimists) . . .  lol . . . what did you expect to find here?

I agree, I'm "pro Buc" but unfortunately "anti Lovie". (can you be "pro" team if you hate the coach, and find most of his decisions to be horrible?) So I find myself "leery of Winston"... But I'm leery of Winston more so because he's Lovie's boy, and I never wanted Winston, because in my very unqualified opinion, we could have used a trade down to fill more holes on the team. I come to the message boards hoping to find that we fired Lovie :) but I know that will not happen anytime soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of us aren't sheep. 

I agree, I'm "pro Buc" but unfortunately "anti Lovie". (can you be "pro" team if you hate the coach, and find most of his decisions to be horrible?) So I find myself "leery of Winston"... But I'm leery of Winston more so because he's Lovie's boy, and I never wanted Winston, because in my very unqualified opinion, we could have used a trade down to fill more holes on the team. I come to the message boards hoping to find that we fired Lovie :) but I know that will not happen anytime soon.

I assume all fans have things they like and dislike about their team.  What's tough to read on this board though are opinions that have more to do with some background issue then the actual issue discussed, such as a poster who was clearly anti-Winston giving any obviously unfair critique of his play.  The same thing happen in reverse too, obviously, so its not the point of view its the delivery . . . its the "hater" or "nut hugger" posting nonsense that everyone has to sort through . . 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Mariota nut huggers have every right to voice their opinion. But, ironically after week two there are hardly and nut huggers left on this forum. There are just a few left right now due to Winston having a redeeming performance in week two and Mariota completely (censored)ting the bed in week two.

Do you mean like how Winston completely shlt the bed at the home opener? Dude straight up sucked the life out of an entire football stadium with his very first NFL pass. What did the "Winston Nut Goblins" expect after a performance like that? The whole entire "just watch him throw, just watch him handoff, just watch win" crowd shoveled that crap all throughout the offseason. And, it was literally impossible for them to talk about the greatness of Jaboo without having to rip Mariota apart in the process. Funny how you mention that there are barely any "Mariota Nut Huggers" hanging around. Where's the "He could win right out high school/heart of a champion/watch him win early and often" slurpers? Guess reality slapped them right in their twats after the home opener, huh?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Mariota nut huggers have every right to voice their opinion. But, ironically after week two there are hardly and nut huggers left on this forum. There are just a few left right now due to Winston having a redeeming performance in week two and Mariota completely (censored)ting the bed in week two.

Do you mean like how Winston completely shlt the bed at the home opener? Dude straight up sucked the life out of an entire football stadium with his very first NFL pass. What did the "Winston Nut Goblins" expect after a performance like that? The whole entire "just watch him throw, just watch him handoff, just watch win" crowd shoveled that crap all throughout the offseason. And, it was literally impossible for them to talk about the greatness of Jaboo without having to rip Mariota apart in the process. Funny how you mention that there are barely any "Mariota Nut Huggers" hanging around. Where's the "He could win right out high school/heart of a champion/watch him win early and often" slurpers? Guess reality slapped them right in their twats after the home opener, huh?

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Mariota nut huggers have every right to voice their opinion. But, ironically after week two there are hardly and nut huggers left on this forum. There are just a few left right now due to Winston having a redeeming performance in week two and Mariota completely (censored)ting the bed in week two.In fact, the only ones who are saying that Mariota is better than Winston at this point are those who did not watch Mariota's week two performance vs. the Browns. Winston has struggled and looked like a rookie, but Mariota was God awful against the Browns, just like he was in some games his first year in college. In fact, if Mariota had played against the Bucs the way he did against the Browns, there would be no discussion here. I do give Mariota credit for what he has done. He has impressed me. But there is no question in my mind that we took the right guy. Mariota has got a coach who is playing to his strengths. The NFL is figuring these offenses out and the more Tennessee puts on film, the quicker defenses will be able to shut them down. Pretty soon, Mariota will have it much harder. Teams are studying them right now. On the other hand, Winston is playing in an offense that every defense knows very well. He is playing in a classic down the field NFL passing offense. Defenses know exactly what is coming, and Winston needs to overcome that.Despite watching every game so far of Mariota's, I have yet to see Mariota hang in the pocket knowing he was going to take the hit and make the clutch throw and get decked afterwards. Maybe I missed one. Jameis did it all day vs. the NFLs best defensive front last week. Watch week two. Mariota got spooked and tried to scramble when his WRs were covered and between the butterfinger fumbles and delay of game penalties he pretty much lost that game for his team. Mariota was so bad in week two, Garo Yepremian is still laughing out loud about his "lowlights". He had two other turnovers that were nullified by penalties in that game too. His first half was honestly one of the worst I have seen of all-time for any QB. Anyone trying to make the claim that MM is clearly better has not watched all of the games IMO. Watch MM week two then you will see why everyone else that was trolling disappeared after that.

Mariota's fumbles and Winston's inaccuracy outside the hashes are obvious.  What is also obvious is that both are rookies.Winston is showing a lot more throws in tight windows which is why he is considered NFL ready.  Mariota is playing smart football and exploiting zone defenses with precision passing but struggles against tight m2m windows.It is obvious what has been said by NFL players and experts how this is all playing out currently.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess Mariota's week two performance was enough for the nut hug crew to realise that maybe one game doesnt define a career? Because that was basically their entire point in week one. And they were relentless. The whole front page was littered with Mariota trolls. The thing is, this is a Bucs forum, so at the end of the day, Mariota fans rubbing it in Winston fans faces for any reason are trolls. If you love Mariota, help yourself http://www.titansonline.comMost nut huggers have pissed off already and I am lol at the ones who are hanging around and trying to say that after three games, we can look at some stats and figure out which QB is better. Just like you bringing up his pick 6 start. As if that one play will define him. This is a Bucs forum, that is just troll material Donk. There is no need for revenge against the Winstonites, because Lord Jameis is a Buc......and we are Bucs fans. So, go watch Tenn vs. Cleveland condensed and meet me back here in 45 minutes. I've got $10 that says you won't even show up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not even a hiccup!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess Mariota's week two performance was enough for the nut hug crew to realise that maybe one game doesnt define a career?

And I guess Winston's Week One performance was enough for the slob-goblins to realize that maybe the whole:"Just watch him throw, just watch him catch, just watch him win" crap was a little overblown. The whole "swag" and "it factor" stuff maybe had a hint of b.s. to it. Or maybe, just maybe, the "he's going to win early and often, he could've played straight out of high school, he could've lit up NFL defenses at 18-years old, etc." wasn't going to happen after all?Not sure what it is about all this that's going over your head. The trolls from the offseason are now crying because they're getting trolled? Not sure why you're so heated about it, unless you were part of that group. Hmm...And sorry, I don't have the desire nor time to watch an hour of football played by a team that I don't follow. If I want to take your money, I'll just bet on Carolina this week since you seem to bet with your heart and not your head.

Please wait…

• water130u128

What are Winston’s stats when you factor in the yardage lost due to drops and penalties?  There is much more that goes into QB play than just the stat line.  Winston has gotten better after each game, when Mariota blew his load on the first game.    Both players teams are 1-2, but Winston's team is tied for first in the division. Can't we all just agree that BOTH of these QB's are going to be good for their respective teams than saying one is tremendously better than the other one?    I think they will both do well and give their teams a chance to win.  Devante Freeman was the best running back in the league last weekend.. does that make him better than Adrian Peterson now? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess Mariota's week two performance was enough for the nut hug crew to realise that maybe one game doesnt define a career?

"Just watch him throw, just watch him catch, just watch him win" crap was a little overblown. The whole "swag" and "it factor" stuff maybe had a hint of b.s. to it. Or maybe, just maybe, the "he's going to win early and often, he could've played straight out of high school, he could've lit up NFL defenses at 18-years old, etc." wasn't going to happen after all?

There were maybe 4 or 5 FSU homers who were saying stuff like this. Anyone with common sense knew that this wouldn't be the case and he would have his up and downs, just like any rookie QB.Sure, it might have been annoying, but is it really a reason for 'fans' to celebrate his failures and support Mariota over him? I mean the guy is OUR QB, I'm not sure why so many people are getting so frustrated over a few people overstating Winston's immediate impact. Also, the Mariota nuthuggers week 1 were most definitely just as bad with the outrageous claims they made (and are still making actually).

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

And I guess Winston's Week One performance was enough for the slob-goblins to realize that maybe the whole:"Just watch him throw, just watch him catch, just watch him win" crap was a little overblown. The whole "swag" and "it factor" stuff maybe had a hint of b.s. to it. Or maybe, just maybe, the "he's going to win early and often, he could've played straight out of high school, he could've lit up NFL defenses at 18-years old, etc." wasn't going to happen after all?Not sure what it is about all this that's going over your head. The trolls from the offseason are now crying because they're getting trolled? Not sure why you're so heated about it, unless you were part of that group. Hmm...And sorry, I don't have the desire nor time to watch an hour of football played by a team that I don't follow. If I want to take your money, I'll just bet on Carolina this week since you seem to bet with your heart and not your head.

But that's what some people can't seem to understand, he does have those character traits, he has the IT factor, he is a contagious winning personality. Having said that, he is a rookie and I believe they are holding him back with leading this team and being the voice on and off the field. They are protecting him. Not completely bad as he is just a rookie and has to earn respect. He would get up in someone's ass for messing up at FSU, eventually he might get to that level of leadership at Tampa. Mariota will be good, Winston will be good.... You are blind if you can't see that! Look at the passes Winston has completed this year, some of them are very difficult throws. He will grow from this entire season and his timing and consistency will get better, along with leadership. These guys are rookies for F sake! Winston is just a kid Rookie at that and left several years behind the individuals he is being compared too. Think about that for a second. He had 2 years at FSU as a starter. He is young and raw with a ton of potential at his finger tips. I'm not saying he is a for sure thing but he sure as hell is a huge positive for the future of this organization. Think about the pieces they can now build around him. Think about the weapons we can add through the draft to accommodate strengths and weakness. If that doesn't get you excited then you don't have a heart beat!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Just watch him throw, just watch him catch, just watch him win" crap was a little overblown. The whole "swag" and "it factor" stuff maybe had a hint of b.s. to it. Or maybe, just maybe, the "he's going to win early and often, he could've played straight out of high school, he could've lit up NFL defenses at 18-years old, etc." wasn't going to happen after all?

There were maybe 4 or 5 FSU homers who were saying stuff like this. Anyone with common sense knew that this wouldn't be the case and he would have his up and downs, just like any rookie QB.Sure, it might have been annoying, but is it really a reason for 'fans' to celebrate his failures and support Mariota over him? I mean the guy is OUR QB, I'm not sure why so many people are getting so frustrated over a few people overstating Winston's immediate impact. Also, the Mariota nuthuggers week 1 were most definitely just as bad with the outrageous claims they made (and are still making actually).

In all honesty, reading the boards from December til week1 this year, there were definitely a lot of people clamoring to annoint Winston as some sort of savior. There were also a handful of Mariota nuthuggers, but the Winston slurpers were very loud in their defense/proclamations of the greatness coming to Tampa.Another problem, the Winston slurpers have been spewing all kinds of nonsense about how it's only 3 games, and are blaming everything from the oline, to the lack of reliable receivers as being the reason Winston's numbers are "bad". It's these same knuckleheads who disavowed these type of excuses for Glennon.And they are just as bad as pointing out any bad Mariota play to deflect Winston's bad games.So the Winston slurpers are going to have to take their medicine for awhile from the Mariota Nuthuggers and Glennonites.Me.... I just want Lovie fired, as I believe the core of the issue is the stupidity of Moe, Larry and Schemp. (No Glazer son is cool enough to be Curly), but they aren't selling the team, so my frustration lies at the archaic game planning feet of Lovie. And seeing as how bad the majority of Lovie's decisions are, I lean closer to the side of, "I wonder how long it will be until Winston implodes", because if he is Lovie's pick, then I feel we went the wrong way. (I didn't want Mariota either)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem Donkey Hunter is that for the most part, any idiots that said stuff like he could go pro right out of HS (save perhaps Runole - I don't know if he thought that, but I do know he's the biggest Winston fan on the board), aren't showing up on bad days to be trolled. So basically it's a bunch of largely rational Winston fans having to read a bunch of straw-man claims about what they supposedly believed about the Bucs QB. That's what's annoying about it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In all honesty, reading the boards from December til week1 this year, there were definitely a lot of people clamoring to annoint Winston as some sort of savior. There were also a handful of Mariota nuthuggers, but the Winston slurpers were very loud in their defense/proclamations of the greatness coming to Tampa.Another problem, the Winston slurpers have been spewing all kinds of nonsense about how it's only 3 games, and are blaming everything from the oline, to the lack of reliable receivers as being the reason Winston's numbers are "bad". It's these same knuckleheads who disavowed these type of excuses for Glennon.And they are just as bad as pointing out any bad Mariota play to deflect Winston's bad games.So the Winston slurpers are going to have to take their medicine for awhile from the Mariota Nuthuggers and Glennonites.Me.... I just want Lovie fired, as I believe the core of the issue is the stupidity of Moe, Larry and Schemp. (No Glazer son is cool enough to be Curly), but they aren't selling the team, so my frustration lies at the archaic game planning feet of Lovie. And seeing as how bad the majority of Lovie's decisions are, I lean closer to the side of, "I wonder how long it will be until Winston implodes", because if he is Lovie's pick, then I feel we went the wrong way. (I didn't want Mariota either)

The thing is, Winston's numbers aren't even that bad for a rookie QB. He definitely does need to work on his accuracy and his footwork, but he's shown some flashes of brilliance and I think he has taken a step forward each week. I do agree that it is annoying that people are inconsistent with their criticisms of QB's. Some posters will give one QB a pass for dropped passes, while they will blame everything on the QB for another guy. I've personally always been a believer in that it is a team game and do not fault everything that goes wrong on the QB. I don't think Glennon is a great QB, but I definitely understand he is at the very worst a serviceable QB who wasn't given the best hand in Tampa. I was also one of the biggest 'Freepologists' on this board and constantly made 'excuses' for him. I've done the same thing for every QB because I believe a lot of people put all of the blame on them and it isn't justified if you really look into it.In regards to Lovie, I am willing to give him the rest of the year and you might as well too, since he will be here. I'll admit, I was pro-Lovie when we hired him, but I'm starting to lose faith. The 3 beyond embarrassing blowouts we've had in the past 20 games, the fact that he can't consistently create a gameplan that can completely shut down scrub QB's and a few other things are frustrating and concerning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The thing is, Winston's numbers aren't even that bad for a rookie QB. He definitely does need to work on his accuracy and his footwork, but he's shown some flashes of brilliance and I think he has taken a step forward each week. I do agree that it is annoying that people are inconsistent with their criticisms of QB's. Some posters will give one QB a pass for dropped passes, while they will blame everything on the QB for another guy. I've personally always been a believer in that it is a team game and do not fault everything that goes wrong on the QB. I don't think Glennon is a great QB, but I definitely understand he is at the very worst a serviceable QB who wasn't given the best hand in Tampa. I was also one of the biggest 'Freepologists' on this board and constantly made 'excuses' for him. I've done the same thing for every QB because I believe a lot of people put all of the blame on them and it isn't justified if you really look into it.In regards to Lovie, I am willing to give him the rest of the year and you might as well too, since he will be here. I'll admit, I was pro-Lovie when we hired him, but I'm starting to lose faith. The 3 beyond embarrassing blowouts we've had in the past 20 games, the fact that he can't consistently create a gameplan that can completely shut down scrub QB's and a few other things are frustrating and concerning.

I feel your pain in regards to Freeman. I (hate to admit it) thought Chris Simms was going to be good. I thought... son of Phil, there has to be something there right? And I defended him. SMHI hated the signing of Lovie. Everything about it screamed "they think they are recreating the Sam Wyche drafting Sapp and Brooks, bring in Dungy, perennial playoff contender... we have GMAC and LVD.... bring in Lovie". My issue is, Lovie rode a few good players in Chicago, but 1 playoff appearance in his last 8 years has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I may post a lot of crap about wanting Lovie fired, but I'm pretty sure, as you are, that he'll be here all year. I just hope if we finish 4-12 or worse, that he is put back on his couch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're an idiot...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There were maybe 4 or 5 FSU homers who were saying stuff like this.

OK, now can you quantify the number of posters who were the same degree of homers for Mariota?  I bet you will find a similar or even smaller number.  Both sides like to exaggerate a lot!  But hey, that's what trolls do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most important stat is Wins and Losses....No difference...QFT

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tennesee Titans: 1-2Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  1-2/thread.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I get what you are saying re: Glennon, Moose.I can only speak for myself, but I don't have any problem giving him excuses - he was hampered by a poor running game, blockers, OC issues, etc. And I'd have been ok sticking with Glennon had we not had an opportunity to draft either Winston or Mariota. There was only one 1st-2nd rounder I was fully on-board drafting early in the year prior (Bridgewater, though I'll shamefully admit being intrigued by trading down and possibly getting Manziel). I think this offense is probably better suited to him than any offense we've had since he's been here. But, I didn't see enough flashes from him to believe that his ceiling being very high. People are complaining about waiving away stats with Winston, but oddly enough, the game that made me the most "pro-Glennon" was the Pittsburgh game in which he was a pedestrian 50% passer. But  I never saw him follow that up with the same type of aggressive instincts. I think he's a smart, safe QB, but ultimately I think he leads you to QB purgatory - at some point the cost/benefit goes awry.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

No need to argue it any more. It's been debated in multiple threads in multiple ways. This is just more whining from fans that didn't get what they wanted and are too impatient to wait even one season to see what happens. It's old.

Compared to homers who want to crown him after 2 mediocre and 1 bad game

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I get what you are saying re: Glennon, Moose.I can only speak for myself, but I don't have any problem giving him excuses - he was hampered by a poor running game, blockers, OC issues, etc. And I'd have been ok sticking with Glennon had we not had an opportunity to draft either Winston or Mariota. There was only one 1st-2nd rounder I was fully on-board drafting early in the year prior (Bridgewater, though I'll shamefully admit being intrigued by trading down and possibly getting Manziel). I think this offense is probably better suited to him than any offense we've had since he's been here. But, I didn't see enough flashes from him to believe that his ceiling being very high. People are complaining about waiving away stats with Winston, but oddly enough, the game that made me the most "pro-Glennon" was the Pittsburgh game in which he was a pedestrian 50% passer. But  I never saw him follow that up with the same type of aggressive instincts. I think he's a smart, safe QB, but ultimately I think he leads you to QB purgatory - at some point the cost/benefit goes awry.

I hear ya Booker,I don't think I'm pro Glennon, but I thought with how he played against Seattle and Pittsburgh (I admit, I went outside during the Pittsburgh game, it's the only game I've ever walked away from since having the Sunday Ticket back in 2001--luckily for me, my wife yelled to come back in and watch the game, so i rewound the game), I thought there was enough there to have a Brad Johnson type of qb. We needed more to help him, like an OC and a oline.I thought after the 2-14 season, we should have traded down and gotten more pieces to fill more holes. I know I don't have the popular opinion, I think the potential ceiling for Winston wasn't a big enough draw for me, in order to take a chance on trading down, getting 2-3 high picks, and hopefully getting 2 olineman, a pass rusher, and maybe some corner help with those picks.If we're truly rebuilding, it's just my opinion that bringing in more top level pieces made more sense to me, then putting all the eggs in one basket and going in on Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Had Glennon proven himself to be a top shelf NFL, the Bucs wouldn’t have even considered drafting a QB…So cease with the "he proved himself" and "he was a better option" crap...He was neither...underdogs don't always win and he wasn't a hidden gem...Besides, if a NFL team thought he was starter worthy, someone would have floated a 2nd or 3rd  round pick our way by now...Stop dreaming of about unicorns...Get over it...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Had Glennon proven himself to be a top shelf NFL, the Bucs wouldn't have even considered drafting a QB...So cease with the "he proved himself" and "he was a better option" crap...He was neither...underdogs don't always win and he wasn't a hidden gem...Besides, if a NFL team thought he was starter worthy, someone would have floated a 2nd or 3rd  round pick our way by now...Stop dreaming of about unicorns...Get over it...

Nobody is saying Glennon proved himself or he was a better option. We said there was enough there to build around. And based on the Bucs current record of 1-2, Winston hasn't proven himself to be the better option.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Compared to homers who want to crown him after 2 mediocre and 1 bad game

Who is crowning him? By most accounts I've seen people say he played like crap against Tennessee, good against New Orleans, and mediocre against Houston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem Donkey Hunter is that for the most part, any idiots that said stuff like he could go pro right out of HS (save perhaps Runole - I don't know if he thought that, but I do know he's the biggest Winston fan on the board), aren't showing up on bad days to be trolled. So basically it's a bunch of largely rational Winston fans having to read a bunch of straw-man claims about what they supposedly believed about the Bucs QB. That's what's annoying about it.

A- freakin - MEN to that

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariotta plays under Whisenhunt, yeah the offensive guru and QB whisperer. Jameis is in Tampa under Lovie Smith. As the year goes on and Lovie lets Dirk call a pass on a down other than 3rd and 8, I think we’ll see Jameis is for real.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A- freakin - MEN to that

+10000000000.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Tennesee Titans: 1-2Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  1-2/thread.

Good insight, and most true. :)I think we need to rename this thread Andrew Luck vs RG3.Three games does not a season, nor a career make.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First, I don't want Winston to fail and I don't think most of the other folks who wanted Mariota over Winston want him to fail either. This sort of discussion over players is never, ever going to stop until the next set of guys comes along for fans to debate over who is the better player. We saw it with Suh and McCoy, we saw it with Barron and Kuechly and we see it with some players we didn't draft when we had the opportunity to like Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson. If you think this sort of discussion is going to go away as soon as a player is a Buc, then you haven't been paying attention to these boards (or any other fan board). I do have a question though, why is it we're supposed to give Winston a pass when he plays poorly (or make excuses for why it's not his fault) yet it's ok to bag on other Bucs players for their poor play? Why is it ok to say another rookie needs to be cut for a bad game (Brindza) but that Winston is playing like we'd expect a rookie to play and he just needs more time? Shouldn't we 'rally behind our players' regardless?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota's 8.6 YPA is likely unsustainable, but I guess we will find out. Tony Romo led the league last year (450+ attempts) with 8.5 YPA. Rodgers has only finished a season with a YPA of 8.5 or greater three times and in his first full season a starter his YPA was 7.5.

If Mariota can play against some defenses like he did week one, ya know defenses that don't show up, he can keep that avg up.  Kudos to him if he does.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First, I don't want Winston to fail and I don't think most of the other folks who wanted Mariota over Winston want him to fail either. This sort of discussion over players is never, ever going to stop until the next set of guys comes along for fans to debate over who is the better player. We saw it with Suh and McCoy, we saw it with Barron and Kuechly and we see it with some players we didn't draft when we had the opportunity to like Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson. If you think this sort of discussion is going to go away as soon as a player is a Buc, then you haven't been paying attention to these boards (or any other fan board). I do have a question though, why is it we're supposed to give Winston a pass when he plays poorly (or make excuses for why it's not his fault) yet it's ok to bag on other Bucs players for their poor play? Why is it ok to say another rookie needs to be cut for a bad game (Brindza) but that Winston is playing like we'd expect a rookie to play and he just needs more time? Shouldn't we 'rally behind our players' regardless?

A pass, no. But how about understanding the fact that he's not going to be Aaron Rodgers in his first frigging game.He also hasn't played all that poorly. He's been pretty decent actually for a rookie and has shown some moments of brilliance. He looked pretty good in Week 2 and Week 3, facing a much superior defense, he was making the plays he needed to make, the team around him self destructed. He can't catch or kick it for them. But who was the first guy going to Brindza and trying to lift up his spirits? It wasn't team leader Gerald McCoy.The point is, I don't really give a frak what Mariota is doing. I don't. Just like I don't care what Ben Roethlisberger is doing or Brady or Rodgers (well, I care about Rodgers, he's on my fantasy team) or Andy Dalton or anyone who isn't the quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.If what you wanted is some one to admit that Winston wasn't as pro ready as we all believed - fine - I said it. He isn't. That doesn't mean he's not going to be great. If what you wanted was someone to say the stereotypes of Mariota were wrong and he can definitely ball in the NFL - there - I said it. He's a hell of a football player.If you want me to say the Bucs were wrong in picking Winston over Mariota - no, that's not happening. Jameis has my full support and will as long as he's the guy. Just as I supported Glennon when he was the starter and god help me - Josh McCown and Freeman. Jameis Winston will be a premiere quarterback in this league. Mariota may as well. We'll see. Colin Kaepernick started out all world too. So did RG3. In fact that's the m.o. with a lot of these spread QB types. Set the world on fire and come crashing back to earth. I hope Mariota breaks that trend but in the end, I don't give a frak if he does or not. It's not my problem. Jameis is our quarterback and he's all that matters. If you want to (censored) about his performance, go ahead. But leave Mariota out of it because he is irrelevant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariotta plays under Whisenhunt, yeah the offensive guru and QB whisperer. Jameis is in Tampa under Lovie Smith. As the year goes on and Lovie lets Dirk call a pass on a down other than 3rd and 8, I think we'll see Jameis is for real.

Hate to blow up your narrative but the Bucs called pass plays as follows:1st down: 142nd down: 123rd down: 13That includes plays that were called a pass but were called back due to penalties.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariotta plays under Whisenhunt, yeah the offensive guru and QB whisperer. Jameis is in Tampa under Lovie Smith. As the year goes on and Lovie lets Dirk call a pass on a down other than 3rd and 8, I think we'll see Jameis is for real.

Hate to blow up your narrative but the Bucs called pass plays as follows:1st down: 142nd down: 123rd down: 13That includes plays that were called a pass but were called back due to penalties.

That's pretty rude of you Booker.  He had a perfectly find agenda there until you spoiled it with the truth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

kickers are fungible.

Please wait…

Viewing 107 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.