Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 87 reply threads

• Author

• garfield

Participant

Winston 13/19 203 yards, one TD, no turnovers. Mariota 21/32 187 yards, no TDs, one INT. Mariota is the dunk and dunk king. He doesn’t turn the ball over because they never go down field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota really struggles in the 4th quarter. Winston was good today. But I’m not ready to say he is better than Mariota right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston was also great on 3rd down by anyone’s measurement.  I believe he finished 5/7 for around 100 yards on 3rd.  Great bounce back game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota fanboys are no where to be seen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It wasn’t an amazing game by Winston with big numbers, But it was a solid game to build from so I’m happy.

Please wait…

• ZMan08151992

who cares guys?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’re both doing fine. I’m honestly surprised Mariota hasn’t run the ball more himself.

Please wait…

• mherzog

Participant

Winston payed the jags, Mariota  played the bills. Big difference too. Big win at Raymond James though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

YPA is king when assessing rookie QB play.

Please wait…

• Teachersue

Participant

Can we just have one official “Jameis vs Mariota” thread? Tired of seeing 15 new threads every week from both sides.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

YPA is king when assessing rookie QB play.

Under 6 YPA for Mariota today... ouch. Will be interesting to see how the nut huggers defend this one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston played good today, still needs improvement and would like to see him have a decent game against a decent defense. Jacksonville’s defense is better than New Orleans for sure, but not what I would call ‘good’. Let’s hope he can string together a couple of good games and not have many more games like TN or CAR. Mariota also played fairly well, had some nice runs as well as some nice pass plays against a very good Buffalo defense. Didn't come up with a win, though it was a hard-fought game. TN's defense is better than expected. As far as comparing the two QB's, Winston isn't the sure-fire pick some thought he was and Mariota has picked up the pro game quicker than expected by some. They'll both end up as good QBs in the league, though I think Winston needs more work with his mechanics.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Winston stays out of off the field issues, I definitely see him being a better QB than Mariota when it’s all said and done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was flipping between games a bit and overheard one commentator say he has the worst percentage for  throws 20 yards or over……I still like the kid and believe he’ll be a good NFL QB but he’ll have to improve that number to be taken seriously

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was flipping between games a bit and overheard one commentator say he has the worst percentage for  throws 20 yards or over......I still like the kid and believe he'll be a good NFL QB but he'll have to improve that number to be taken seriously

He said he was 3-13 or 3-20!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Winston stays out of off the field issues, I definitely see him being a better QB than Mariota when it's all said and done.

What off the field issues? ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston made some big plays on 3rd down today to seal the win. Mariota threw an INT when they needed to score and secured the loss. I think they're both legit QBs but Winston was better today. Today should at least shut up the annoying Glennon posters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This has always been their difference.Winston is not afraid to take shots down field but with the big plays comes more mistakes.Mariota is too afraid to make mistakes so he relies on safe, quick, short reads to move the ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Winston stays out of off the field issues, I definitely see him being a better QB than Mariota when it's all said and done.

Well, he does a history of doing stupid things, but I think he learned and matured. We'll see though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston made some big plays on 3rd down today to seal the win. Mariota threw an INT when they needed to score and secured the loss. I think they're both legit QBs but Winston was better today. Today should at least shut up the annoying Glennon posters.

Winston>Glennon>Mariota IMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This has always been their difference.Winston is not afraid to take shots down field but with the big plays comes more mistakes.Mariota is too afraid to make mistakes so he relies on safe, quick, short reads to move the ball.

You do realize that 120 of Winston's 209 yards (and his lone TD) went to runningbacks, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guess were going to do this after every game. Anyone who puts stock in this is a child, plain and simple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guess were going to do this after every game.

I have no question. For the next two to three years, we'll see a thread one way or the other.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guess were going to do this after every game.

I have no question. For the next two to three years, we'll see a thread one way or the other.

I am going to start making Carnell Williams v.s. Aaron Rodgers threads

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It wasn't an amazing game by Winston with big numbers, But it was a solid game to build from so I'm happy.

we don't need Winston to carry the team. At this point, he needs to make plays when they're there to be made. He did that today.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

You do realize that 120 of Winston's 209 yards (and his lone TD) went to runningbacks, right?

And your point is?? I ask because I thought it was ok to throw to running backs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And your point is?? I ask because I thought it was ok to throw to running backs.

I think I've seen Tom Brady do that too. Must be legal.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Mariota is garbage and he always will be.  Anyone with a modicum of football IQ knows he has about 11 games left before he becomes as big a bust as this league has seen.  He will retire having had one good game.  His first ever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota is garbage and he always will be.  Anyone with a modicum of football IQ knows he has about 11 games left before he becomes as big a bust as this league has seen.  He will retire having had one good game.  His first ever.

Wanna bet?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The two of them run the offenses the coaches have in their playbooks, and hope the other 10 guys in the huddle will do their jobs too.Today's comparisons: Titans RBs -  50 yards on 23 carries, 7 catches for  66 yardsBucs RBs  - 174 yards on 36 carries, 7 catches for 120 yardsMariota for the first time ran some plays by design; 47 yards...Titans receivers - 121 yards on 14 catchesBucs receivers  -  89 yards on  6 catches 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was a bit curious about Titan’s fans reactions to Mariota thus far with their team starting off 1-3. Found a few quotes from their forum with people supporting Mettenberger.

To be fair, we win the game 17-14 with Mett at the helm. He never misses that pass to KW... You disagree? I've been defending MM left and right. Mett does not miss that pass. Put all of the variables in and Mett puts up more points with the shitty play calls because he makes a simple deep ball. 

MM did some nice things, but other than a few runs absolutely nothing Mett couldn't or doesn't do better.

The bickering over on this forum is quite similar to what we had/have with the Glennon/Winston frustrations.Source:http://www.titansreport.com/topic/19461-mariota-i-just-dont-get-it/?page=1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But NOBODY whines like us RedBoarders!

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

stupid thread

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we win. Do the Titans have any ‘fans’ who cheer for another team but still post on their board?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston played well…it is no surprise that in Winstons two best games he threw 21 and 19 passes respectively.  Game manager=wins…at least for now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we change this thread to Mike Evans vs. OBJ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Amazing how this twat stain only shows up after Jaboo has a decent game. His tendency to fail precedes him with every post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston QBR – 122.5Mariota QBR -    68.1At what point do you start Mettenberger?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston 13/19 203 yards, one TD, no turnovers. Mariota 21/32 187 yards, no TDs, one INT. Mariota is the dunk and dunk king. He doesn't turn the ball over because they never go down field.

And your point is??

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Amazing how this twat stain only shows up after Jaboo has a decent game. His tendency to fail precedes him with every post.

It's amazing how worked up you get by others posts.  At some point your balls with drop and you'll learn to hang with a little football intellect on these message boards. Until then GTFO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that would be a very brief thread

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So after a bad game, many anointed Winston a bust…sucks…is doomed…so on and so on…After a good game, is he now destined to be a top QB? Good? Future HoFer?Let's keep the logic consistent. May as well, no?Never change, Red Board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Indeed. OBJ just scored again. Crazy good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston has a high YPA average which mirrors Mettenburg’s.Mariota is not that type of a QB but his YPA is very respectable and still, very, very good for a rookie.  Mariota is very accurate and efficient.But he is still learning the nuances of pro style of play so it will take a little bit longer with him. I have been impressed with what I have seen from Winston and Mariota thus far. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It wasn't an amazing game by Winston with big numbers, But it was a solid game to build from so I'm happy.

we don't need Winston to carry the team. At this point, he needs to make plays when they're there to be made. He did that today.

We had two issues in the past 2 games. Winston playing giveaway and the kicker missing. Both issues were not at today's game. Bucs win!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He won one game against a bad Jags team, and it wasn’t really because of Winston, not sure why all the Winston hype, I just don’t get it, but then again I don’t wear FSU maroon colored glasses

Please wait…

• ZMan08151992

We had two issues in the past 2 games. Winston playing giveaway and the kicker missing. Both issues were not at today's game. Bucs win!

The kicker missing early in the panthers game changed the momentum of the game, what a difference a kicker makes...with the kicker making those two early field goals was a big momentum for this young squad, basically kept Winston from doing too much like last week

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

He won one game against a bad Jags team, and it wasn't really because of Winston, not sure why all the Winston hype, I just don't get it, but then again I don't wear FSU maroon colored glasses

In the pros, every team has talent.  Coaching matters more than any other pro league.  The Winston hype is certainly warranted.  He's a big time player.  We finally have a big time player at the position where if you don't have one, you are done before you even start. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He won one game against a bad Jags team, and it wasn't really because of Winston, not sure why all the Winston hype, I just don't get it, but then again I don't wear FSU maroon colored glasses

You suffer from confirmation bias when you watch Jameis Winston play.

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

And when Mariota gets to play against this same bad Jags team twice, I am sure you will say "I don't get all the Marcus hype..."

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Winston 13/19 203 yards, one TD, no turnovers. Mariota 21/32 187 yards, no TDs, one INT. Mariota is the dunk and dunk king. He doesn't turn the ball over because they never go down field.

.......and the Bills were in his face all day long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So after a bad game, many anointed Winston a bust...sucks...is doomed...so on and so on...After a good game, is he now destined to be a top QB? Good? Future HoFer?Let's keep the logic consistent. May as well, no?Never change, Red Board.

It's because morons like ylhceukekul spam the board when Winston does poorly and then shut up when he doesn't, Winston has fans like it too but not seeing nearly as much pro-winston spam today as we saw anti-winston last week. Those people just suck.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

stupid thread

At least it didnt get locked up like your thread did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are both young qbs and will be inconsistent all season, like all rookies at all positions.  The real jump typically comes in the second season.  Carr and Bortles are much better this year than last and we saw first hand today with Bortles, and we beat him and the Jags.  Enjoy the process

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I'm pretty sure they looked at his rating over the last 4 games.158.396.384.268.1Not the trend you want to see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm pretty sure they looked at his rating over the last 4 games.158.396.384.268.1Not the trend you want to see.

Mariota is regressing. He's clearly not #proready ;D

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Mariota is regressing. He's clearly not #proready ;D

On the plus side he should show improvement next game. It's hard to do much worse then 68.1 after all. :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

On the plus side he should show improvement next game. It's hard to do much worse then 68.1 after all. :P

He could do worse. He could have ratings of 64.0 and 57.0 sometime this season. I'm pretty sure someone this season has put up stinkers like that.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

He could do worse. He could have ratings of 64.0 and 57.0 sometime this season. I'm pretty sure someone this season has put up stinkers like that.

But were those a downward trend or did said individual bounce back to improve? When you're talking about downward trends it helps if you respond with like stuff. :) Just saying!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not surprising now that there is tape on him and the Titans offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buffalo simply played tight against the Titans receivers on the outside and played eight in the box.  Shutting down on the short and intermediate throws.  It will be interesting what Wisenhunt and his staff do to counter act this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and you'll learn to hang with a little football intellect on these message boards. Until then GTFO.

Maybe they can be on par with yours! With all your spouting of how much football knowledge you have, your prediction percentage is worse than Jordan's batting average in the minors. Keep up the solid work!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buffalo simply played tight against the Titans receivers on the outside and played eight in the box.  Shutting down on the short and intermediate throws.  It will be interesting what Wisenhunt and his staff do to counter act this.

Play Mettenberger  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Play Mettenberger  ;D

Mariota has done a lot of his work underneath and intermediate routes.  I think he is capable of hitting some passes downfield, but the lobs he is throwing don't work with tiny windows.  It is a learning experience for him for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But were those a downward trend or did said individual bounce back to improve? When you're talking about downward trends it helps if you respond with like stuff. :) Just saying!

You kind of set yourself up for it.  ;)But, Winston has shown a trend. He's atrocious one week and the next week, he bounces back. He had a good week against Jax, so hopefully he's atrocious on the bye.  ;D

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

You kind of set yourself up for it.  ;)But, Winston has shown a trend. He's atrocious one week and the next week, he bounces back. He had a good week against Jax, so hopefully he's atrocious on the bye.  ;D

I set it up for someone to completely alter what I said? Yea sure! ;)You normally do good work but this was just failure riddled by more failure. I don't fault you for trying though. ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

21 pass attempts in win vs Saints.  19 pass attempts in win vs Jags.  There's your trend. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I set it up for someone to completely alter what I said? Yea sure! ;)You normally do good work but this was just failure riddled by more failure. I don't fault you for trying though. ;D

I understand the point of the downward trend, and you're right. You just pointed out his last game's rating and forgot that Jaboo has had 2 that are worse. It's all good. I know you were excited and forgot. No biggie.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I understand the point of the downward trend, and you're right. You just pointed out his last game's rating and forgot that Jaboo has had 2 that are worse. It's all good. I know you were excited and forgot. No biggie.

I don't care what the ratings are or what Jameis' rating is. I'm only talking about a trend. The numbers could be 120, 119, 118, 117 for all I care. I don't care if Jameis' rating is 40 with 10 INT's as long as the Buc's win. It's all good. I know you were trying hard there. No biggie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't care what the ratings are or what Jameis' rating is. I'm only talking about a trend. The numbers could be 120, 119, 118, 117 for all I care. I don't care if Jameis' rating is 40 with 10 INT's as long as the Buc's win. It's all good. I know you were trying hard there. No biggie.

No need to try hard when you make it that easy. I'll definitely agree with you on one thing, all I care about is whether we have the W. Moving on...

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

No need to try hard when you make it that easy. I'll definitely agree with you on one thing, all I care about is whether we have the W. Moving on...

I do miss Dolo. The replacements aren't able to fill in. :(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do miss Dolo.

I'm bet you do. I'm sure twins get separation anxiety to some degree.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

21 pass attempts in win vs Saints.  19 pass attempts in win vs Jags.  There's your trend.

Well, when you're averaging an INT every 19 attempts, the easiest way to minimize turnovers is to try and throw 19 passes or fewer.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I do miss Dolo. You're not a very good replacement.

I'm bet you do. I'm sure triplets get separation anxiety to some degree. I know I do!

You don't say.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, he does a history of doing"over exaggerated" stupid things, but I think he learned and matured. We'll see though.

FIFYIf those TMZ style things happened to any normal citizen they never would have been even reported.No Criminal record( despite "silly" hookup crab leg citation) no drugs!  no Thugs! no student code violations!  No NCAA violations! No arrests!  When do you come to the realization and recognition of a most unfair character assassination promoted incessantly by a gold digging girl and her money grubbing parasitic lawyers?Oh and he is 21.  I would say he is far more mature than 95% the 21 year old's I see today.He made some mistakes that all 18-20 year olds make, but harping on them 3 years later is most unkind and uncalled for.Winston is developing into potentially a very good NFL QB.  He is a work in progress just like every QB in history when they enter the league.  Holding to the standards of being ALL PRO from the opening gun is absurd and ignorant. ( not meant towards you). He will make mistakes.  Look at Bortles in his 2nd year..  Patience...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course its ok to throw to RBs.  I was simply pointing out the irony that people bag on Mariota and Glennon for throwing check downs and then turn around and praise Winston for doing the same thing.  We should at least be consistent.Winston had a decent game.  I really mean that.  Its a start and something he hopefully builds on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course its ok to throw to RBs.  I was simply pointing out the irony that people bag on Mariota and Glennon for throwing check downs and then turn around and praise Winston for doing the same thing.  We should at least be consistent.Winston had a decent game.  I really mean that.  Its a start and something he hopefully builds on.

Winston is actually checking down, though.  If he has something deep he'll air it out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Indeed. OBJ just scored again. Crazy good.

Yes lawd!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh shlt!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about Mariota throwing deep? He is 2-15 on balls over 20 yards and missed two wide open targets in the Bills game that would have won the game for them. The final INT he threw that sealed the defeat he had a man wide open deep but he underthrew him and it was picked off instead. The last few weeks I have seen what I was expecting to see NFL defenses do to Mariota. Defenses are crowding the LOS and accomplishing two things. First they are shutting down their run game, and secondly, they are jumping the underneath routes and forcing Mariota into making multiple reads and forcing him to throw the ball deep.

Please wait…

• apksalesassoc@cs.com

Participant

How about Mariota throwing deep? He is 2-15 on balls over 20 yards and missed two wide open targets in the Bills game that would have won the game for them. The final INT he threw that sealed the defeat he had a man wide open deep but he underthrew him and it was picked off instead. The last few weeks I have seen what I was expecting to see NFL defenses do to Mariota. Defenses are crowding the LOS and accomplishing two things. First they are shutting down their run game, and secondly, they are jumping the underneath routes and forcing Mariota into making multiple reads and forcing him to throw the ball deep.

That wide open deep guy was Hunter and didn't run the correct route. Because of that the ball was intercepted. A pass that was on the money despite not being able to step into it because of pressure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That wide open deep guy was Hunter and didn’t run the correct route. Because of that the ball was intercepted. A pass that was on the money despite not being able to step into it because of pressure.

Welcome to the board Titans123. Half of our members on this board are also Titans fans.  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure he did buddy. A throw right on the money with 3 defenders there? Unless his route involved sprouting wings then it wouldn’t matter what he did. Bad play. It happens. Go away.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That wide open deep guy was Hunter and didn't run the correct route. Because of that the ball was intercepted. A pass that was on the money despite not being able to step into it because of pressure.

LOL. Just face the facts buddy. Mariota has lost some of that luster that he had on opening day. 2-15 on passes over 20 yards? Two guys wide open completely beyond the last Bills defender and he throws both of them 15 yards short and one is picked off to end the game?Who's fault were those?I guess he was supposed to run a comeback route after he beat all the defenders deep? LOL. You are hilarious. Nevermind that the deep ball has always been one of Mariota's weaknesses. Just blame the WR. 

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Welcome to the board Titans123. Half of our members on this board are also Titans fans.  ;D

Titans Rawk!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL. Just face the facts buddy. Mariota has lost some of that luster that he had on opening day. 2-15 on passes over 20 yards? Two guys wide open completely beyond the last Bills defender and he throws both of them 15 yards short and one is picked off to end the game?Who's fault were those?I guess he was supposed to run a comeback route after he beat all the defenders deep? LOL. You are hilarious. Nevermind that the deep ball has always been one of Mariota's weaknesses. Just blame the WR.

I am not sure I would blame Hunter for that play.Even in Winsenhunt's press conference he said that it was a bad play call.  Even assuming Hunter ran the route correctly that ball was lobbed up there and had too much hang time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread is gold.Wheres that meme of Michael Jackson eating popcorn?

Please wait…

Viewing 87 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.