Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

He really looked clueless out there today in all aspects. The line was fine. Winston held onto the ball way too long. He also looks so freaking clumsy out there it’s unreal. His accuracy is just downright pathetic. I don’t think he hit one receiver today perfectly on the numbers. On the flip side. Mariota seems nearly perfect on his placement every time. Today is a hard pill to swallow knowing the Bucs had Mariota in the palm of their hand and they pissed him away.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His footwork and hips are clunky, needs more time to refine it, start Glennon Koetter likes him

Please wait…

• msornstein

Participant

This is how he has always looked, even at FSU. Maybe people should have watchedh is games before crowning him or eating the PR forced crap on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He really looked clueless out there today in all aspects. The line was fine. Winston held onto the ball way too long. He also looks so freaking clumsy out there it's unreal. His accuracy is just downright pathetic. I don't think he hit one receiver today perfectly on the numbers. On the flip side. Mariota seems nearly perfect on his placement every time. Today is a hard pill to swallow knowing the Bucs had Mariota in the palm of their hand and they pissed him away.

There is the door, bud. Go root for the Titans.

Please wait…

• msornstein

Participant

He really looked clueless out there today in all aspects. The line was fine. Winston held onto the ball way too long. He also looks so freaking clumsy out there it's unreal. His accuracy is just downright pathetic. I don't think he hit one receiver today perfectly on the numbers. On the flip side. Mariota seems nearly perfect on his placement every time. Today is a hard pill to swallow knowing the Bucs had Mariota in the palm of their hand and they pissed him away.

Manning is better than Winston"YOu god damn commie, go root for the Broncos, SILENCE all who follows facts"What you FSU blind kids sound like.

Please wait…

• slpstk

Participant

MMM….mmm. Tasty INT’s. Can’t wait for some more next week.

Please wait…

• ZMan08151992

He is a rookie

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SunnyD, I've always respected your posts but that was a sh*tty response. Dilfer looked more coordinated on his worse days than Winston did today. Anyone who can't see or admit that is what I've considered myself up to this point- a blind homer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I root for the Bucs. I can make better decisions than the current regime. They are failing us Bucs fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston was clearly clumsy, lost, frustrated and struggled a lot today.  Anyone who denies that very clear fact is a blind FSU homer and should not be commenting on an NFL message board.  He may yet, and hopefully will turn out to be great.  Heck, the last QB to throw a pick 6 on his first NFL pass was Brett Farve.  He turned out OK.  But today was a total mess.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MMM....mmm. Tasty INT's. Can't wait for some more next week.

And the INT's were just pure boneheaded throws.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is a rookie

As is Mariota. Next excuse!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs picked him only because they had hopes the FSU fans would follow.  Obviously no one would ever suggest Winston was worthy of the first pick in the draft had it been anyone but a FL team trying to sell tickets. Winston is simply not going to be an elite QB.  The comparison to Russel and Leftwich that drew so much anger are in fact very valid.  The Bucs wrecked their franchise picking him.  To say they made the wrong guy their pick is the understatement of the year.  Today was the most embarrassing day of being a Bucs fan, and that is really saying something. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So was the most pro ready QB ever since Payton Manning in Andrew Luck in 2012.A Luck 23/35 309 yards 1 td 3 intIts not the end of the world. I'm more worried about that defense. Our head coach was suppose to be the brains of the defense and got ripped a new one. His defense was totally unprepared for those Oregon plays today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs picked him only because they had hopes the FSU fans would follow.  Obviously no one would ever suggest Winston was worthy of the first pick in the draft had it been anyone but a FL team trying to sell tickets. Winston is simply not going to be an elite QB.  The comparison to Russel and Leftwich that drew so much anger are in fact very valid.  The Bucs wrecked their franchise picking him.  To say they made the wrong guy their pick is the understatement of the year.  Today was the most embarrassing day of being a Bucs fan, and that is really saying something.

I couldn't have said it better. I got bashed for the Leftwich comparison long before the Bucs made the colossal mistake of taking Winston. It's sickening.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But he was so good at FSU!!! Haha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So was the most pro ready QB ever since Payton Manning in Andrew Luck in 2012.A Luck 23/35 309 yards 1 td 3 intIts not the end of the world. I'm more worried about that defense. Our head coach was suppose to be the brains of the defense and got ripped a new one. His defense was totally unprepared for those Oregon plays today.

Here's the difference. Luck and Manning both have perfect mechanics. Winston's mechanics are downright sloppy and hard to correct.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston was clearly clumsy, lost, frustrated and struggled a lot today.  Anyone who denies that very clear fact is a blind FSU homer and should not be commenting on an NFL message board.  He may yet, and hopefully will turn out to be great.  Heck, the last QB to throw a pick 6 on his first NFL pass was Brett Farve.  He turned out OK.  But today was a total mess.

I with you on this.. Sometimes his handoffs look like either he or the RB is lost.. But dude is gun shy because the o-line. He is feeling pressure even when there is none there. He will need a season to get comfortable and adjust to the NFL.. Hopefully he isn't killed before that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But he was so good at FSU!!! Haha

Yeah, Goldson looked like a world beater in his first FSU game too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's over.  Yes it was just one game.  But we've all seen plenty.  Winston isn't going to be very good.  How many red flags do you need to see?  Quite frankly he wasn't very good in college either in terms of pro ready skills.  It's over.  We all hoped something miraculous would happen.  Where most of camp he looked shaky was a fluke.  But we all knew the truth.  He never should have been the pick and that's that. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's over.  Yes it was just one game.  But we've all seen plenty.  Winston isn't going to be very good.  How many red flags do you need to see?  Quite frankly he wasn't very good in college either in terms of pro ready skills.  It's over.  We all hoped something miraculous would happen.  Where most of camp he looked shaky was a fluke.  But we all knew the truth.  He never should have been the pick and that's that.

My thoughts exactly.  I sat in the stands on row 8 right behind him and tried to see what everyone else was seeing.  Yes, he is a big guy.  Yes, he was successful, but look at who FSU was playing.  They barely beat Auburn...barely.  The following year was predictable and showed what was to come.  His footwork has always been hard to watch.  Mariotta was clearly the better QB today...and will be in the future as well.The franchise needs to be sold and obviously Lovie needs to be fired...should have NEVER been hired.

Please wait…

• jgrable1

Participant

The OL looked fine?  What a pathetic joke.  Jameis looked clumsy?  You mean the time that the right tackle got sledded into Winston and stepped on his foot.Some of you people must be blind or stupid or both.Jameis struggled.  The OL struggled.  The receivers struggled to get open.  The defense struggled mightily.What in the hell did some of you expect Jameis to do with that hot mess?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The OL looked fine?  What a pathetic joke.  Jameis looked clumsy?  You mean the time that the right tackle got sledded into Winston and stepped on his foot.Some of you people must be blind or stupid or both.Jameis struggled.  The OL struggled.  The receivers struggled to get open.  The defense struggled mightily.What in the hell did some of you expect Jameis to do with that hot mess?

We spent the whole offseason hearing about how all that matters is the QB.  Hearing about how a franchise QB makes everyone around them better.  That one magical guy is somehow supposed to make the oline block better and the recievers get open quicker and all kinds of wonderful things.  That's what I expected Jameis to do.Kinda like what Mariota did for the Titans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston looked like a rookie today so its not the end of the world.  What rubs salt into the wounds is Mariota looked class and became one of an elite group of QBs to throw a perfect pass rating game in the NFL.  He looked a lot better than Winston a few months ago in college and nothing as changed.  We picked the wrong QB, pure and simple.Lets just hope Winston steps it up and actually has a long and successful career with the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston looked like a rookie today so its not the end of the world.  What rubs salt into the wounds is Mariota looked class and became one of an elite group of QBs to throw a perfect pass rating game in the NFL.  He looked a lot better than Winston a few months ago in college and nothing as changed.  We picked the wrong QB, pure and simple.Lets just hope Winston steps it up and actually has a long and successful career with the Bucs.

But...but... #ProReady

Please wait…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.