Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Winston weakness really a strength?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous Apr. 30, 2015 at 10:37 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

wolfet
    Participant

One of Winston’s greatest areas of scrutiny was his alarming amount of interceptions.  He is going to make plenty of mistakes, but he also has a bit of a gunslingers mentality.  He is not going to automatically check down if Evans or Jackson are covered.  I think he will allow them to make plays on the ball.  This is one of the things that convicted me about winston being the pick.  He is aggressive and guys will rally around him because he will allow them to make the play. Jackson and Evans were visibly frustrated with the QB’s last year.  I don’t want a robot as a QB in a WC offense.  I think this is going to be a fun wild ride.  Now about the offensive line…….

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I wouldn’t call it a strength, but that’s why you sign 6-5 guys, to let them make a play on the ball.  I think winston will certainly do that.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I think the problem with this narrative is most of Winston’s INT’s didn’t come from DB’s catching 50/50 contested passes. A lot of them was him not recognizing linebackers underneath dropping back into coverage.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

High INT’s coupled with low TD output is not a gunslinger.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

So he’s perfect then!!!!!!!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

High INT's coupled with low TD output is not a gunslinger.

65td 28 int in his college career.  I would not call it a low td output

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Brett favre  52 td 34 int in college

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I think the problem with this narrative is most of Winston's INT's didn't come from DB's catching 50/50 contested passes. A lot of them was him not recognizing linebackers underneath dropping back into coverage.

but most of the INTs did come once he lost his 6-5 target.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

High INT's coupled with low TD output is not a gunslinger.

65td 28 int in his college career.  I would not call it a low td output

If Winston played 2014 like he did in 2013 we would not be discussing the first overall pick, it would be a given. He regressed last year. Blame his team, his coach, the talent or whatever you want but throwing 24 TD's and 18 int's in your capstone NCAA season is not impressive.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Mariota, 104 TD's 14 int, less INT's in his 3 year career than Winston in 14.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

[ but throwing 24 TD's and 18 int's in your capstone NCAA season is not impressive.

wouldnt his rs freshman season be his capstone year?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I think the problem with this narrative is most of Winston's INT's didn't come from DB's catching 50/50 contested passes. A lot of them was him not recognizing linebackers underneath dropping back into coverage.

Lob city?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Lob city?

go with the matchup you trust.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

dugout68
    Participant

Mariota, 104 TD's 14 int, less INT's in his 3 year career than Winston in 14.

Seriously, have you even watched Mariota film. I like the kid, a lot. But Mariota, for the most part, threw into wide open spaces which was a product of the system he was in. Not saying he didn't make some good throws, but the vast majority of throws were to WIDE open targets. Just pick one of his highlight reels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku9bP5ZAkWY

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Lob city?

go with the matchup you trust.

He did and threw a gang of picks but that was the WRs fault. I forgot.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.