Monday, October 21, 2019

Winston weakness really a strength?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous Apr. 30, 2015 at 10:37 pm.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I think the problem with this narrative is most of Winston's INT's didn't come from DB's catching 50/50 contested passes. A lot of them was him not recognizing linebackers underneath dropping back into coverage.

but most of the INTs did come once he lost his 6-5 target.

You may be able to argue if he had Benjamin he would have been able to throw more to the outside and less over the middle of the field, but if you don't see a linebacker dropping underneath, it doesn't matter how tall your receiver is.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

[ but throwing 24 TD's and 18 int's in your capstone NCAA season is not impressive.

wouldnt his rs freshman season be his capstone year?

Since the capstone goes on the top, no his capstone year would be his final one in college. Unfortunately, Winston's '14 season saw him regress pretty badly. With only two years of college to look at, it's hard to know which is the normal season for him, '13 or '14.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I think the problem with this narrative is most of Winston's INT's didn't come from DB's catching 50/50 contested passes. A lot of them was him not recognizing linebackers underneath dropping back into coverage.

You may be able to argue if he had Benjamin he would have been able to throw more to the outside and less over the middle of the field, but if you don't see a linebacker dropping underneath, it doesn't matter how tall your receiver is.

wait they'll find someone to blame for that."Ummmm..  the OL was too tall?  Yea thats it. They were too tall, he couldn't see the underneath coverage and bam INTs "#BlamelessJameis

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

wait they'll find someone to blame for that."Ummmm..  the OL was too tall?  Yea thats it. They were too tall, he couldn't see the underneath coverage and bam INTs "#BlamelessJameis

It's starting to have a familiar ring reminiscent of "Freeman's so young, Freeman has no talent around him, etc, etc.."

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

It's starting to have a familiar ring reminiscent of "Freeman's so young, Freeman has no talent around him, etc, etc.."

You're just starting? And just wait... it's going to be 10x worst.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

vlagatta

the COMBINATION of interceptions…AND bad snaps is a major concern for me….those issues in the NFL would be doubled.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I like it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Brett favre  52 td 34 int in college

Stop spamming the board with facts!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Brett favre  52 td 34 int in college

Stop spamming the board with facts!

Favre's interception rate in college: 2.9% Winston's interception rate in college: 3.3% Favre's rate increased at the NFL level to match Winston's college level of 3.3%. Josh Freeman's NFL career interception rate is also 3.3% Chances are, Winston's rate is going to increase as well in the NFL and possibly be in the 4% range. Or a rate that will make Jay Cutler look like he is careful with his passes.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Favre was a second round pick… what does his college stats have to do with anything?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Favre also played in an era where stats were not as gaudy as they are now. Drew Bledsoe left Wazzu with a 46/34 ratio.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

He’s got two better versions of Kelvin Benjamin. Super Bowl!!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

All QB’s throw interceptions the key is being able to overcome and Winston did that better than any QB in CFB history in 2014.  Every game in 2014 was a win from Auburn to GT.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I am supporting Winston but the premise of this thread is absolutely ridiculous.  The picks are a MAJOR area of concern.  I have a feeling that the NFL defenses he faces “just might” be better, don’t you think?My nightmare scenario is that he throws too many picks and loses hi confidence, especially after he is told to be careful with the ball.  But hopefully that will not become a problem.  We could use a little swagger.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.