Viewing 44 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone is so worried about Winston being the wrong pick after week 1. The fact of the matter is the defense is the #1 area of concern right now. Why are people so hung up on the QB issue which by itself won’t right the ship? Have people been so confused they actually believe the QB issue is larger then the defense issue? Do people just think the defense will fix itself magically so just worry about Winston? What about the offensive line? It seems like drafting Winston was done at least partly to confuse people so they don’t see the real issues.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe because “the most pro ready QB” since Moses looks like a drunk ostrich out there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone is so worried about Winston being the wrong pick after week 1. The fact of the matter is the defense is the #1 area of concern right now. Why are people so hung up on the QB issue which by itself won't right the ship? Have people been so confused they actually believe the QB issue is larger then the defense issue? Do people just think the defense will fix itself magically so just worry about Winston? What about the offensive line? It seems like drafting Winston was done at least partly to confuse people so they don't see the real issues.

Its simple Mozzie. Like it or not Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota will be linked forever because of their draft position. For every great game Winston has and Mariota struggles and vice versa, the factions will crow they were right and the other one is dogcrap. Its a sideshow for fans who never take their eye off the football. Its not even possible in their minds that both of these guys could (and may likely be) very good NFL QBs. Its gotta be one or the other.Hell, look at Brady and Peyton. Both are Hall of Fame QBs, but the fans of each have to dis the other guy because he's not their guy. I can guarantee you the Bucs aren't worried about Winston right now. They are stunned and shocked at their "ready to be top ten" defense getting absolutely punked.It remains the most disturbing thing for me as well. I'm eagerly awaiting to see if this was a one game fluke because we hadn't prepared for the Oregon styled offense (despite the fact that Lovie had all offseason to prepare for it and what QB other than Jameis had he seen more than Mariota?) or if we're really that frickin' horrible on defense.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Maybe because "the most pro ready QB" since Moses looks like a drunk ostrich out there.

And still that wasn't the reason we lost the game. I guess simplton's will be simplton's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe because "the most pro ready QB" since Moses looks like a drunk ostrich out there.

And still that wasn't the reason we lost the game. I guess simplton's will be simplton's.

He was a part of it. When your QB turns the ball over like that, he's contributing to it...like it or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love him or hate him, get used to the notion that the quarterback, whomever it may be, will wear a lot of the blame on their shoulders. Its been that way for as long as I can remember.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

He was a part of it. When your QB turns the ball over like that, he's contributing to it...like it or not.

Well duh that was said. Part of it could have been the heat and sun too but people aren't talking about that either. Part of it could have been no Mike Evan's. The part we know is the defense lost the game regardless of anything else. Tampa's has no identity right now. They've never had and surely don't have an offense now. They built their name on defense which is worse then that offense right now. If we had a defense then it's up to the offense as a team aka OLINE & QB to put points on the board to win. Tampa will never return to the playoffs until they get the D fixed no matter what happens with the offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hello pot, meet kettle.To simply place all the blame at the feet of the defense is being a simpleton. O sucked, D sucked, and the Bucs sucked!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone is so worried about Winston being the wrong pick after week 1. The fact of the matter is the defense is the #1 area of concern right now. Why are people so hung up on the QB issue which by itself won't right the ship? Have people been so confused they actually believe the QB issue is larger then the defense issue? Do people just think the defense will fix itself magically so just worry about Winston? What about the offensive line? It seems like drafting Winston was done at least partly to confuse people so they don't see the real issues.

I have been trying to be quiet about this, but can't if you are going to come on here with all this drivel. When I brought these issues to the table when Mike was the QB last season they were deemed as excuses. He had to come from behind twice after our defense blew the lead vs the Steelers.  Then the following week 31 points was not enough vs the Saints in a game lost in OT. The Ravens came next at home killing our defense in the first quarter with 28 points (final 48-17) with Mike getting killed behind our horrible o-line most of the game. You and others said the QB was the main issue with this team so live with it now. The fact is this team has responded well after a very poor showing early in the season last year vs the Falcons (56-14) with a win the following week with Mike stepping in as QB. So don't cry me a river now. They need to respond with a win vs the Saints. I need to go to work now. Have a great day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have been trying to be quiet about this, but can't if you are going to come on here with all this drivel. When I brought these issues to the table when Mike was the QB last season they were deemed as excuses. He had to come from behind twice after our defense blew the lead vs the Steelers.  Then the following week 31 points was not enough vs the Saints in a game lost in OT. The Ravens came next at home killing our defense in the first quarter with 28 points (final 48-17) with Mike getting killed behind our horrible o-line most of the game. You and others said the QB was the main issue with this team so live with it now. The fact is this team has responded well after a very poor showing early in the season last year vs the Falcons (56-14) with a win the following week with Mike stepping in as QB. So don't cry me a river now. They need to respond with a win vs the Saints. I need to go to work now. Have a great day.

You tell em girl

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm shocked you waited this long. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is a rookie and it’s expected of him to suck. I’m still confident he will be better than Mariota in the long run. Lovie, Licht, Oline, defense are all bigger issues than a Rookie playing a crappy first game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True dat! Dude just got schooled. LMAO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ultimately if we had to rank the reasons for the loss, Defense would be number 1.But QB is 1A.  When we saw MM light us up for a quick 7-0 lead, even I (not a Winston fan) was excited to see our guy answer.  His first pass was a pick 6 and that was that. To paraphrase McKay, other than our QB and Defense, we played pretty well on Sunday. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The horribly unprepared defense should be the lead story, at a minimum, and maybe the only story BUT . . . posters on these boards did not spend months debating the defense like they did debating Winston v. Mariota" so . .. .  its all "Winston v. Mariota"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The concern that interception prone Winston would be a Buccaneer goes back to last December.The concern that the defense plays soft goes back to last fall.Neither concern is new.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The horribly unprepared defense should be the lead story, at a minimum, and maybe the only story BUT . . . posters on these boards dis not spend months debating the defense like they did debating Winston v. Mariota" so . .. .  its all "Winston v. Mariota"

The defense did have moments like this last season. Most of it was during the first half of the season. I thought that was all behind us as the defense was showing signs of progress the second half of the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The horribly unprepared defense should be the lead story, at a minimum, and maybe the only story BUT . . . posters on these boards dis not spend months debating the defense like they did debating Winston v. Mariota" so . .. .  its all "Winston v. Mariota"

The defense did have moments like this last season. Most of it was during the first half of the season. I thought that was all behind us as the defense was showing signs of progress the second half of the season.

For sure. Looks like they took Job's forget pills during the offseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Owned! Nice job BP1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Owned! Nice job BP1.

Mozzie must be cruising the streets is his Lambo. I'm sure he will get back with us later.Steven-Fletcher.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mozzie is out buying the place where BP1 works just to fire her.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mozzie is out buying the place where BP1 works just to fire her.

The lord jameis would approve. Although, the place would have to contain butterface females or crablegs for him to act upon it himself.For, a stroke of his hand can fell a city!

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Moses passed away yesterday, show some respect. Only 61 I think he was to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=340 height=200]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO0hrGvVAAA9GuT.jpg:large[/img]

Please wait…

• sunjem2626

Participant

[img width=311 height=200]https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/12009737_10153602099917421_5636876058564758613_n.jpg?oh=5939497149bcd1848384fc46bfd25732&oe=56A7BA24[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are 3 (maybe 4?) articles linked on the boards discussing how the Tampa D was not prepared for the Titan’s offensive scheme  … And yet it’s still Winston v Mariota. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we are worried about Licht and Lovie and all their choices, why isn’t Winston included in that BAD DECSION process?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=311 height=200]https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/12009737_10153602099917421_5636876058564758613_n.jpg?oh=5939497149bcd1848384fc46bfd25732&oe=56A7BA24[/img]

I Lol'd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we are worried about Licht and Lovie and all their choices, why isn't Winston included in that BAD DECSION process?

Because the ALMIGHTY does not need explanation. To question his judgement is absurd.Winston is no pawn, and men of statistics will fail. Reality will bend to his whim, and the ground will open up and swallow the saints whole.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Too bad she was shooting blanks. I never said the QB was the main issue but somehow she seems to think so. Tampa was #17 in 2013 when Glennon whiffed. I'm sorry you can't blame the D there. What happened in Glennon's first year again? BP1 schooled indeed!

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Owned! Nice job BP1.

Mozzie must be cruising the streets is his Lambo. I'm sure he will get back with us later.Steven-Fletcher.jpg

Don't like those. I prefer my Tesla Model S much better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too bad she was shooting blanks. I never said the QB was the main issue but somehow she seems to think so. Tampa was #17 in 2013 when Glennon whiffed. I'm sorry you can't blame the D there. What happened in Glennon's first year again? BP1 schooled indeed!

What a weak rebuttal. I was expecting better. You certainly put a dagger in what could have been a memorable evening on the PR boards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree with the OP.I am not in a panic over Winston. But that defense? Holy FuckWhat a shock that was. There really is no excuse for it. They have the horses, experienced coaches. No reason for them to look that bad. I am hoping for a complete turn around against the Aints.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You bash Mike whenever you get a chance. Now you want to bash his rookie season. He was 4-9 as a rookie with 19 TDs and 9 INT. He was named the best rookie QB and All-Rookie Team. Very respectable showing for a rookie QB. Let's see how Jameis does.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

You bash Mike whenever you get a chance. Now you want to bash his rookie season. He was 4-9 as a rookie with 19 TDs and 9 INT. He was named the best rookie QB and All-Rookie Team. Very respectable showing for a rookie QB. Let's see how Jameis does.

Yea shame on me trying to compare a rookie season to a rookie season. Let's pick Mike's best year and use that instead. Who doesn't want a .307 win QB huh? After his first year he was so $%^# good he was named the starter the following season right? Teams were all over the Buc's trying to get him and wouldn't stop until they got him? I'm confused here. If he was sooooo good why isn't he starting now? Oooo let me guess no one gave him a chance right? Poor Mike has been hosed with only 18 games started and 19 game played right? I'm sorry but by "Bash" you mean tell the truth. Reality is cruel sometimes.Jamie might very well be in the same category we'll have to wait and see. Either way it doesn't matter to me. I never expected Mike or Jamis to be the answer but hope I'm wrong. I have no allegiance to a player just the team to win. Given the state of the defense and coaching not much else matters at this point though.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

What a weak rebuttal. I was expecting better. You certainly put a dagger in what could have been a memorable evening on the PR boards.

The truth is what it is. As your a Buc's fan you have WAY to high of expectations apparently. A good dose of disappointment on all fronts will cure that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mozzie makes thread. Mozzie gets called out on lack of logic. Mozzie gets butthurt and defensive. Nothing to see here, move along…

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Mozzie makes thread. Mozzie gets called out on lack of logic. Mozzie gets butthurt and defensive. Nothing to see here, move along...

Thanks for the troll/bump. Keep the thread on top!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mozzie makes thread. Mozzie gets called out on lack of logic. Mozzie gets butthurt and defensive. Nothing to see here, move along...

Thanks for the troll/bump. Keep the thread on top!

May winston forever keep you and hold you, brother M!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea shame on me trying to compare a rookie season to a rookie season. Let's pick Mike's best year and use that instead. Who doesn't want a .307 win QB huh? After his first year he was so $%^# good he was named the starter the following season right? Teams were all over the Buc's trying to get him and wouldn't stop until they got him? I'm confused here. If he was sooooo good why isn't he starting now? Oooo let me guess no one gave him a chance right? Poor Mike has been hosed with only 18 games started and 19 game played right? I'm sorry but by "Bash" you mean tell the truth. Reality is cruel sometimes.Jamie might very well be in the same category we'll have to wait and see. Either way it doesn't matter to me. I never expected Mike or Jamis to be the answer but hope I'm wrong. I have no allegiance to a player just the team to win. Given the state of the defense and coaching not much else matters at this point though.

You seem not to understand the development of a young NFL QB or the time it takes, so there is no point continuing this debate. Sorry to have upset you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive leaders call player-only meeting…http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tampa-bay-buccaneers-gerald-mccoy-lavonte-david-091715...hope it went well...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive leaders call player-only meeting...http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tampa-bay-buccaneers-gerald-mccoy-lavonte-david-091715...hope it went well...

It's a very good first step. This is what leaders do.  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Defensive leaders call player-only meeting...http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tampa-bay-buccaneers-gerald-mccoy-lavonte-david-091715...hope it went well...

It depends. The meeting could of been about, how long do we need to tank, to get Lovie out of here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It depends. The meeting could of been about, how long do we need to tank, to get Lovie out of here?

So... what are you saying?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So... what are you saying?

Armageddon is coming! Lord Winston is weary of all the sinners and blasphemous mariotanites.

Please wait…

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.