Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• revfish

Participant

While I’m not defending all of Winston’s play, I wanted to suggest that Winston’s first interception was a matter of execution more than poor decisions.  All I have is the play and the highlight to reflect upon, but as it happened live, it appeared to me that the running back was going to be open down field for a decent game if Winston could clear the linebacker.  You can almost see Winston making the decision to loft the ball over his head.  Unfortunately, he didn’t get it high or far to do that.  We all know the pick 6 that happened next.I'm not here to say Winston is going to be great nor am I here to say Winston is awful.  I'm simply asking if anyone out there saw what I did and saw that as a matter of making the right read but the wrong throw or  if everyone here sees it (which is okay) as a throw that just simply never should have been made, as I did not agree with the commentator's analysis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the decision to pass it to him was fine, Winston just doesn’t have a good sense of how athletic NFL DBs are. He’ll have to either adjust and not go for that throw, or place it better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re talking about the second interception the DE/OLB made a good playFirst interception bad decision he has to throw the pass where only your receiver can get it, but throwing an out route from the opposite side of your arm is not a favorable angle, pick six will tend to happen on out routes, the opposite side out routes make it even harder to complete

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the decision to pass it to him was fine, Winston just doesn't have a good sense of how athletic NFL DBs are. He'll have to either adjust and not go for that throw, or place it better.

Well he knows now. So let's move forward to the Saints. I did not see their game, just the highlights. They looked a little slow on defense. Let's hope Evans is back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I'm not defending all of Winston's play, I wanted to suggest that Winston's first interception was a matter of execution more than poor decisions.  All I have is the play and the highlight to reflect upon, but as it happened live, it appeared to me that the running back was going to be open down field for a decent game if Winston could clear the linebacker.  You can almost see Winston making the decision to loft the ball over his head.  Unfortunately, he didn't get it high or far to do that.  We all know the pick 6 that happened next.I'm not here to say Winston is going to be great nor am I here to say Winston is awful.  I'm simply asking if anyone out there saw what I did and saw that as a matter of making the right read but the wrong throw or  if everyone here sees it (which is okay) as a throw that just simply never should have been made, as I did not agree with the commentator's analysis.

I don’t know what you saw or what game you were watchig? His first career NFL pass was a pick 6, so what INT are you talking about?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're talking about the second interception the DE/OLB made a good playFirst interception bad decision he has to throw the pass where only your receiver can get it, but throwing an out route from the opposite side of your arm is not a favorable angle, pick six will tend to happen on out routes, the opposite side out routes make it even harder to complete

That wasn't  good play, it was more of a lucky play that Winston would be dumb enough to literally just throw the ball with no loft straight into the Lb's hands. When you see other Qb's attempt that they are smart enough to either drop the ball over the incoming defender or move away and look for opportunity down field. That play was McCownesc.

Please wait…

• AMGIII

Participant

Guaranteed it won’t be his last! >:(

Please wait…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.